New Sword Arts Question

So I was curious about the new sword arts that have been posted Primarily the ones that allow for multiple hits.

So My understanding is that in an attack like Snake Bites for example (1x2) It uses two precise strikes. And that ones SP must be at least two as each strike uses 1 SP point each. Obviously there are attacks that can do more than that on their hits and in turn use more SP per strike as well.

My question then is, Does each strike have its own set damage, or when calculating it does it add together in one shot. So while we know the 1x2 will do two damage, does it count as 1 damage per strike or does it simply count as two damage period. My though being if you are rapidly striking an opponent with more than one hit, each hit should have its own damage as it is an individual hit.

This is important as it would determine when to use such abilities against certain opponents, thus adding more strategy to the game. For example. If say your opponent had high armor, you might not opt to use one of these rapid fire maneuvers as each strike would do almost nothing after armor mitigation (1 Damage per hit if armor was high enough), thus making a higher damage single strike more effective. On that note an opponent with less armor might suffer more from a rapid fire strike over a single damage strike.

Also would a critical hit only add the single point of damage for the attack as a whole, or would it add that damage on to each strike, making such rapid fire attacks more destructive as a whole?

Finally If one of those rapid fire attacks misses would it eat 2 SP for each missed strike in the chain? A 1x2 attack does use 2 SP to activate, and as we know missing an 1x1 attack does eat double the SP of its success, so by default an 1x2 should eat 4 SP for a miss.

I tried reading but I couldn't find answers to these questions, and I do feel they are important as these variables would play a part in choosing strategy in the game.

The easiest way to calculate damage is to just multiple the two numbers, and then multiply the total of that to your base damage. You're not counting each hit individually, you're just counting all of the hits together as one big bulk. If you had a base damage of 10, and you were to use Hurricane (4x1), then your total damage would be 40, and that total is what would be mitigated. It wouldn't be 10 damage which is then mitigated four times. I dunno if it'll help you any, but I use this formula when I calculate damage:

damage = base damage * (hit count * damage multiplier) - enemy mitigation

Critical hits are added on to the base damage, so they get multiplied with the sword skill. Also, when you fail to hit with a sword art, the energy cost is just 2 regardless of how many hits the sword art has.