[PP-F1] Another Day, Another Member

The golden hem of Mack's deeply hooded crimson guild cloak snapped lightly in the slight breeze that was blowing through the City of Beginnings. He'd received word through various channels that there was a player who wanted to build a dedicated tank type of character that was interested in joining the Crimson Blades. Given that, at the present time, Xion was the only tank that the Blades had it seemed prudent to add another player that wanted to run a similar build. As they moved through the upper levels it was going to become necessary to have more than one tank in the party since it was probable that scouting operations would have to be run in a significant force of players. With Guillotine slung down off of his shoulder, Mack leaned on top of the head of the blade and waited for Shirosu and Red_Rose to arrive so that the latter could be put through her paces while the former served as the damage dealing portion of their team. It would be a good chance to also see how Shirosu functioned as part of a team.

As Shirosu exited her shop, closing it up while the mournful face of her fox watched her leave with their face plastered to the window. She she walked she equipped her guild Cloak, a flowing red garment the was more for show than anything, though, she found it acted like a mandior cape when fighting boars. As she walked at a brisk pace through town she remembered to do equipment checks and such before she got to crazy today, she always got a little excited when beating the crap out of stuff.  As she neared meeting place she kept her eyes open for the stoic figure of her Guild leader, he was usually easy to spot. Seeing the hulking blonde man Shirosu walked over and said with a cheeky grin,"Hello Mack! Back to hunting boars huh? this feels familiar"  Not seeing anyone else around she guessed the new recruit had yet to show up," So this one's a girl? thats exciting" Currently only her and Opal where the only girls in the guild, and sadly, Shirosu really didn't think much about it any more, she just went with the flow. 

So far things had been going much better for Red. After her tangle with the Gemini she had put out word that she was looking to join a guild. One in particular had caught her attention, The crimson Blades. They offered new recruits training, as well as encouraged growth throughout the guild and AIncrad. To top it off they were a guild focused on the bettering the world around them, offering assistance to those in need. She had done some asking around, and after an exhaustive search had turned up few leads on recruiters for the Blades. So instead she had made it known that she, was a tank interested in joining up with them.Naturally as things did in this game, word spread quickly and she was soon contacted by a man named Mack. She had heard of this man before, from a friend Takao, who had praised his blacksmithing work . Red was surprised to learn that he was actually a higher up as well. He had sent her an invitation, to meet and join the guild.

Red had responded promptly accepting the request and invite, and in return had been sent a time and place. She was nearly there now, pushing through the crowd in the Town of Beginnings. It was her small stature that hindered her now as few seemed to care enough to get out of her way. However with a few well placed cuss words and a racial slur or two she had been able to negotiate the crowd. At the far side of it she caught sight of a pair of people, both in matching cloaks. This was a dead give away that these were the people she was looking for.

It looked as though they hadn't seen her yet, and she used this as an opportunity to adjust her clothing a bit. It was still only basic clothing used to simply hide ones shame, but she still took pride in it, flattening out the creases to make it look neat and trim. She also equipped her shield, both to show off the gear, and also to show that she was a tank. "Alright." She muttered to herself as she pushed closer towards them.

"Crimson Blades?" She asked as she looked up at them noticing that they were taller than herself.

"Yes, Shirosu, Red_Rose is another female player for the guild," Mack rumbled in a low tone, pulling the hood on his cloak a bit higher on his head to further obscure his face and lend an air of mystery. The close resemblance to the cloak of Akihiko Kayaba when he had made the system announcement on the day of the launch of Sword Art Online had been done quite on purpose. "I hear through the grapevine that she wants to be a tank, that's why you're here. We're going to see how she handles tanking low level enemies and you're going to be the hitter for the party," he continued in the same low resonate rumble, thumping the silver haired woman on the back. Within a few moments they had been joined by Red and she certainly didn't look the part of a tank.

"I take it you're Red_Rose," Mack said, stepping a bit in front of Shirosu and speaking in a low tone that wouldn't carry to other passers by, even if they weren't giving the Kayaba look alike a wide berth. "I'm Mack, Grandmaster and leader of the Crimson Blades and this is Shirosu, one of our more promising soldiers. Before we begin today, there are a few things we need to do." Mack continued, pulling up his inventory and scrolling through the various items, producing a Crimson Cloak that was an exact match of the one being modeled by Shirosu. 

"This is your guild cloak. It's a simple vanity item with no buffs or enhancements," the Grandmaster continued, passing the cloak over to Red. "These are worn for official Guild events and meetings and you will display your awards within the guild on your cloak. In this way your accomplishments in SAO will be made known to all your guildmates and your honor will be apparent to all." Mack scrolled through his inventory a bit and a second later a glowing amulet appeared in his hand and he moved slightly to place himself behind Red. 

"This is your guild rank medallion, and while the guild cloak is an optional item, the guild medallion should be worn at all times. It announces to those outside the guild that you are one of us and it tells guild members your rank within the Blades," Mack said, securing the amulet around Red's neck and moving back to stand in front of her. Reaching out with his right index finger, he tapped the amulet where it hung around Red's neck and it resolved itself into a Crimson Dagger. "As of this moment, you are a member of the Crimson Blades with the rank of Recruit. Once you have completed the day's objective, you will be advanced in rank to soldier." Mack opened his inventory and scrolled through it once more, selecting a final item.

"As Grandmaster, I have one final gift to bestow," Mack rumbled in a low tone as a kite shield materialized in his hands. Upon the face of the shield was a cross in the glittering dust of rubies that sat upon a white field of alabaster that was trimmed in highly polished silver. "I am given to understand that it is your desire to serve as a tank. The Blades, at present, have but a single tank and he is the Seneschal, the second-in-command, of the Crimson Blades, a man by the name of Xion. Though I cannot speak for the entire Council on this matter and it is highly irregular, it is my desire to see another high level tank in our ranks and so I have chosen to gift you an item from my own forge. This is the Shield of the Blood Rose," the blonde man rumbled, holding out the shield in both hands for Red to take from him. "It will grant you two point bonuses in both regeneration and thorns and it will mitigate three points of damage from your enemies. May it serve you well." Moving through his player menu, Mack sent a party request to Shirosu and Red_Rose.

"As this is your test, you are the party leader. It is for you to decide where to go and what to do. Be aware that you are required to complete three successful battles in order to pass your test," Mack said, explaining the parameters of the exercise. "I am along merely as an observer and a security blanket. Normally, we require recruits to eliminate mobs in battle. However, given your unique build I am altering the test. You will, instead, prove that you are a capable tank, taking the restraints of your level into account. I wish to see you successfully work with another player with a damage dealing build, which is what a low-level tank must be capable of doing. So, you're in charge, lead the way."

While Mack was speaking she studied the blond women who was Red_Rose curiously, she was maybe a little shorter the she was, but much definitely older, early twenties maybe?After Mack was done one of his customary long wall of speech Shirosu stepped forward and held out her hand to Red_Rose and with a welcoming smile said,"Welcome to the Crimson Blades, I'm Shirosu and i will be the damage dealer today, looking forward to working with you" she stepped back and then said in a cheery tone,"SO! who's ready to pummel some monsters, wait, your probably just gonna dig from mats right?" She asked the gigantic blonde man, one she was being recruited she had been busy beating up boars while Mack called instructions to her,after that they had done a three hit dual, the result, her becoming a soldier and getting carted back to town,"By the way" she said turning to Red, "If your last part is a dual, i warn you, no crotch shots, that did not work in my favor" 

As Mack confirmed that she was in fact Red_Rose, she lowered her head respectfully. "Please, Call me Red." She said with a pleasant smile. A  moment Later and he ahd handed her a cloak explaining it to be her guild cloak. While he spoke she unfolded the fabric allowing it to flow freely through her fingers. It looked very similar to the cloaks worn by himself and the other woman Shirosu. The key difference being a lack of adornments. Mack explained that this cloak was a representation of standing, with more details being added as she progressed. She quickly slipped it on, allowing the fabric to slide gently over her shoulders while she clasped it tightly at the neck. Its crimson folds reached expectantly to the ground, stopping just short of the earth below. Before red could thank him he produced a medallion and slipped behind her. A smile crept across her lips at the discovery of how quick he could be. In her experience, larger players were generally not so fast and smooth, but he clearly defied that trope.

The medallion fell neatly around her neck, secured in place by the chain that Mack had just clasped. Everything was so ceremonious that she felt under prepared for such an undertaking. Clearly this guild handled things seriously, and for that she was thankful. The Medallion now rested neatly below her collarbones, and as Mack circled back around to her front, he tapped it gently. In that instant it took the shape of a single crimson dagger. he explained that this was her true guild sign, something to be worn at all times to identify her as a Blade. In a way it was similar to a dog tag of the real world. "Thank you Grand Master, I will do you and the Blades proud." she said lowering her head deeper than before.

Finally to top everything off, she was presented with a new shield. Her mouth hung open in disbelief at the item that had been crafted for her. It was longer than the one she currently carried, almost 3 feet from top to bottom, with 2 feet across at its widest points. Slowly red reached out to take the shield marveling at its weight, surely there was no way she could wield something like this. Or could she? As she equipped it she noticed a sudden shift in the items weight, It was all in the center of the Kite, across where her arm was. It felt secure, and with the weight centered in such a manner allowed her to move around freely. She took a second lifting her arm up as if to block an invisible foe, noticing that it seemed to cut the air as it moved. Mack explained its properties, and that's when she noticed the silver trimmed edges looked like Razors, clearly that's how it would fight back causing thorn damage. All in all the entire system was immaculate and well made, strangely it felt like it had been made for her.

With all of his gifts given Red Bowed her head again, before pulling up her own menu and returning her previous shield to her other hand. It had been a gift from Takao, and had helped her defeat the Gemini. He had told her to trade it to Mack if it would help her, and while this didn't feel like a trade she felt it necessary to offer it to him. "Please then. Take this in exchange for your gift. Let it be my first contribution to the Blades and their cause." She said as she humbly offered the old shield to her Guild Master.

eNv0zvK.png

« Lex Talonis +3 »
Crafted by Oikawa
Perfect Quality
| Enhancements |

1 Paralyze | 2 (+6) Damage Mitigation

Lex Talonis is a heater shield made of steel and simplistic in design. The outer surface of the shield is a brushed steel texture, dyed dark grey, and embellished with a white design in the vague shape of an eye. The shield attaches to the user's arm through the usage of straps, which also allow for it to be stored on the back for ease of access.

Gifted to Red_Rose by Takao
Traded to Mack for the "Shield of the Blood Rose"

With that done Mack explained the exercise for the day. Red would take control of a party comprised of the three of them, and tank while Shirosu played the roll of DPS. This was easy enough considering this is what she wanted to do within this game. "As you Wish Grand Master" Red said with a nod. It was also now at this point that Shirosu chose to speak her own part. She introduced herself in a friendly manner, breaking the otherwise serious tone that had been set, and causing a grin to cross Red's lips. "I'm glad we have the chance to work together Shirosu." She said taking her hand in a firm hand shake. This was followed by a warning about a duel, and not to rely on a shot below the belt to win. While she would not have thought of doing such a thing, she did feel thankful for the advice.

"Alright, With your permission Grand Master, I'd like to get started. Lets move out." She said confidently, adjusting her stance to be a little more firm now. Who would have thought that in such a short time she would be here leading a party to combat. Granted it wasn't anything glorious, and the party was comprised of people who did not need her leadership, but it was all still a step in the right direction. Red had some difficulty containing the smile and excitement she now had for her undertaking.

It had taken several minutes to navigate out of the City, primarily because of the crowds that plagued the City at these hours, but before long Red had found the City gates, and once outside she was quickly able to spot several Mobs spread out across the landscape. Several were small Boars, but not far off she noticed one particularly large boar. Given that this was a test, that would be the one she would want to start with. With a smile she pointed to the beast. "There that one. He's a bit bigger, but he looks like a good start." As she spoke she pulled up her menu making sure her spear was equipped so that she could at least attack and generate some hatred. "Grand Master I assume you are standing by to observe. Shirosu, I have not learned Howl or fighting spirit yet. After you attack get behind me so that you are no longer a target. Ill make the first move to tick it off."

ID# 31696 results:
Battle: 2
MOB: 2
Result: Both Miss
3/5 SP remaining

Massive Boar: 25/25 HP

Red was nervous but now was not the time to show fear or hesitation. Without another word she charged the boar raising her Spear and Shield as she neared it. Once within striking range she pulled her arm back until the familiar click of the system taking over, and followed through with a guided attack. Unfortunately stealth was not her ally, and the Boar in surprise made a leap straight into the air avoiding her attack altogether. Luckily it had been so startled that in turn it had not been able to lash out on its own yet. "Shirosu, NOW!" Red shouted as she raised her shield in front of her to keep the boars attention.

Edited by Red_Rose

OOC: I have an evil final challenge in mind for Red. Should be fun though. :)

ID: 31699
LD: 7 (No Mats)

Mack accepted the shield that Red offered to him and added it to his own inventory. "Thank you, I will place this in the Guild's storage for your new guildmates to make use of," Mack rumbled as the shield dissolved into pixels in his hands and became a part of his inventory. Since the massive blonde man made no use of shields, it would not be an item he would be taking out into battle. "From the quality of your gift, I can see you are serious about completing SAO and addressing the reality of this world. I am impressed to see such an attitude in such a low-level player. When you are ready, feel free to lead the way." Mack watched through grey eyes as Red experimentally tested the shield she had received.

"Perhaps you'd care to explain to Red how well your own attempt at a crotch shot worked out for you," Mack rumbled in a low tone as Shirosu finished speaking once Red had been officially enrolled as one of the Crimson Blades and begun to lead them out of town. "As I recall, you particularly enjoyed the consequences of your actions. If you do choose to share, make sure you also point out that I never made you apologize for trying the tactic," the Grandmaster continued, following along behind the two women as the party moved along out of town.

Entering out into the fields surrounding the City of Beginnings, Mack followed behind the group quietly, observing Red's choices. When she chose to attack one of the largest boars in the field, Mack nodded his approval. Since she was operating in a true party it was better to challenge the tougher mobs for the promise of superior loot than it was to accept the lesser challenge of the smaller mobs. While the women moved to engage the mobs, Mack began to root in the dirt with the butt cap of his axe, looking for any crafting materials that might be lurking just beneath the surface of the grass covered plain.

• ID:31719
  • BD: 10 [Side Strike 2x1x7] =14 DMG
  • Shirosu: 49/49 [ENE: 9/11] [Hate: 3]
  • Red_rose: 20/20 [ENE:?] [Hate: 0]
  • Boar: 11/25

"Yeah, i would rather not relate that tale"Shirosu said with a pointed glare at Mack as Red_Rose led them into the field of beginnings. After the blonde women picked her target Shirosu watched her picks one of the large boars in the field to attack, following close behind Shirosu kept a close eye on Red's movements and in the moment when she missed her strike and the boar leapt high into the air Shirosu made her move. With her wild women whoop of joy she sprinted forward and drew her knife, more than ready to deal some hefty damage. She time it perfectly so that she activated her sword art just before the pig landed on the ground, with a quick step to the side she did two clean strikes to the boar's shoulder before kicking it away and dancing back towards Red,"Now" she said"I just dealt the boar a critical, so i'm currently the one holding its agro, normally it's one hate for a hit, but critical adds more, make sense?" she watched the creature warily and continued to explain"So all of its attack will currently be aimed at me," she just explained it for Red's benefit, really, she wouldn't be able to do any tanking if Shirosu did a crit, maybe she should take it easier today. 

Before Red could move Shirosu was on it striking hard and delivering a fierce blow to the animal. She was impressed with the speed and agility of the attack, not to mention the brutal accuracy that was involved. It was no surprise to think that Shirosu was a well trained and seasoned soldier. Once the attack was completed Red moved in again, pushing herself between the boar and her ally. Shirosue may have had the agro, but it would be a cold day in hell before she allowed her to get hit on her watch.

ID# 31942 results:
Battle: 4
MOB: 9
Result: Boar Strikes Critical
Regen Triggers
2/5 SP remaining

Massive Boar: 11/25 HP

Red charged the boar with the same determination she had before. Like before though her attack missed as her spear dug firmly into the dirt at the boars feet. This left her with little time to prepare for the retaliation that followed, as she just barely managed to raise her shield in time to stop the charging animal. Given its large size and angry temperament she was pushed back, as its tusked face collided with her shield. The soft dirt gave way, and before long she had been moved several feet back. Red looked up to see her health had begun to deplete from the attack, but as it did it replenished itself. The properties of the shield had triggered undoing the damage done. She was in awe at the way the shields design had worked out for her. As a tank it was perfect, allowing her to reduce incoming damage, and then heal back the damage that did slip through.

"Shirosu, its your turn" Red called out as she stood up pushing back away from the boar.

OOC: Red, not a big deal this time, but technically Shirosu had the agro on the boar so, in your last post it should have attacked her instead of you. :) But, until you land a few hits to draw more agro than Shirosu, the boar will attack her instead of you. It’s the hate mechanic. Whoever has the highest hate value is the default target of most mobs. A basic hit generates 1 hate, a crit. Generates 2, and Howl generates 3, but you have to pay to have the howl skill.

ID: 32091
LD: 11

“I think it’s a good story,” Mack said to Shirosu, completely ignoring the glare of the silver-haired woman. “As I recall, it didn’t stop you from hopping a piggy back ride a few nights back,” Mack continued in a dry tone, rooting around in the dirt with the butt cap of his axe still and neglecting to mention that Piera and Opal had gotten themselves considerably more than a piggy back ride back to the rooms that he called home at one of the inns in Snowfrost Town. Truth be told, from Mack’s point of view, it hadn’t been an altogether unpleasant situation to wake up to. The memory was still not an unpleasant one, even though it hadn’t made Piera happy.

Mack watched the battle between the two women and the boar as it unfolded. Red showed no fear as she stepped into her position as the tank, and Mack noted that with approval. If she’d been timid he would have suggested she change her build to healer since they wouldn’t be expected to take part in combat as much as the tanks and cannons did. He also noted, with satisfaction, that Shirosu was taking the time during combat to explain things to Red and teach her the ropes. Given that Shirosu would soon reach a rank within the Guild where she’d be able to lead and train other recruits, this was a good sign.

• ID:31719
  • BD: 10 [Side Strike 2x1x6] =12 DMG
  • Shirosu: 49/49 [ENE: 7/11] [Hate: 4]
  • Red_rose: 20/20 [ENE:?] [Hate: 0]
  • Boar: -1/25
  • LD:15 (col!)

Shirosu Stuck her tongue out a Mack when he mentioned the recruit incident and her face started to go beet red when he mentioned the piggy back, she would have defended that she was drunk, but she had learnt Mack was good at arguing so she shut her mouth and focused on the battle. She was impressed that Red-Rose had stepped in with no hesitance, that was good, taks need that faith in their skills. When it was her turn Shirosu once again bolted forward quick as a snake this time faking the pig out to the left and using side strike again got another two good hits on its right flank with a satisfying smack. once again she had landed a crit, that meant poor Rose would have a hard time tanking if she kept that up, but she was on a roll today. "One down"  she said with a grin watching the pixels of her prey floating away "Good block rose! two more to go i think" 

((OOC: Im sorry about that. I thought in my post that anything I attacked got an instant chance to retaliate. So I assume since we are on a new monster that means Hatred is reset to zero? And because the previous boar was the right size you get one mat by default as well. Its guaranteed))

The first  boar went down quickly, hitting the dirt and exploding into blue fragments of Data. She let out a quick triumphant whoop before turning to choose another target. Not far off was another boar of the same size, which meant it boasted the increased HP that its predecessor had as well. Another worth while target if she did say so. Now though she wanted desperately to hit it, landing that crucial first strike to keep it off of her ally. She needed hatred. Such a thought seemed bizarre to her, who in their right mind wanted something to hate them? Tanks, like her. She shook her head dismissing the silly thought as she pointed out the next target. "Shirosu. That one there. The big one." She roared without wasting a second to charge the next target.

ID# 32206 results:
Battle: 4
Loot: 11
MOB: 6
Rose Miss: -2 ENE
Boar Hit: 1 Damage
Regen Triggers: 2 HP
Thorns Triggers: 2 Damage

As she closed the gap Red locked up her legs sliding into place while setting up her attack. Like before the system triggered beautifully, drawing back her arm and guiding her into a smooth Focused Strike. Unfortunately, her slide fell just a foot short, and so too did her attack, missing the boar entirely. In a flash it responded plowing into her with its mighty tusks. Reds only chance was to raise her shield high, putting her trust in the steel, and the steel between her and the beast. The loud clang of the boar hitting the solid object rang out, and for a second the pair were deadlocked, That is until Red pressed her weight against the shield, turning it slightly, and dragging its sharpened edges across the boars face. It let out a displeased squeal, before she managed to push it away and fall back. Her own wounds had healed again, no bout the effects of her equipment triggering again. "Your up." She called out.

Boar 2
23/25
4 DPS

Red_Rose
20/20 HP
1/5 ENE
0 Hate

ID: 32260
LD: 19 (+1 Mat)

Mack continued to root around in the soft dirt at his feet but only halfheartedly as his attention was more focused on the fight that was going on between Shirosu, Red, and the second boar that they had chosen to face. The grey-eyed Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades had noted, with great satisfaction that the two women had not seemed to have had any sort of real difficulty in dealing with the first boar that they had singled out and, equally pleasing, the two women had made the decision to tackle an even bigger boar the second time around. No doubt Red was simply going to adore her final test. The thought of that test made Mack smirk quietly to himself. Suddenly, there was a sound of a sharp thump as the butt cap of Guillotine encountered something solid and metallic beneath the surface of the dirt. Kneeling down, Mack scooped at the dirt with his hands, uncovering a metallic ingot which he added to his inventory.

• ID:32284
  • BD: 9 [Side Strike 2x1x5] =10 DMG
  • Shirosu: 49/49 [ENE: 5/11] [Hate: 2]
  • Red_rose: 19/20 [ENE:?] [Hate: 1]
  • Boar: 13/25

Shirosu chased after Red_Rose as she chose her next target, another gigantic boar, and shirosu got pumped. With a savage grin she sprinted Past Red as she threw off the beat, it seeming pretty disgruntled at the puny humans fighting back. With a whoop she jumped in the air and swung her legs around, landing on the pigs back. Activating her sword art she plunged her blade between its shoulders twice relatively hard, the pig reared like a bull and squealed in anger, trying to dislodge its passenger and she was just fine with that. Pushing off backwards she landed on the ground in a crouch and started to lead the rampaging boar back towards Red, "Hit it hard for me! i might be able to doge the attack, but remember, it will probably aim at me!" As she talked Shirosu used the flat of her blade to deflect a flailing tusk and kicked the boar in the flank, throwing it off balance momentairy"Go!"

ID# 32423 results:
Battle: 6
Loot: 9
MOB: 10
Result: Red Hits (2x1x5=10) +1 Hate
Boar Strikes Super Critical -3 damage
Regen Triggers +2 hp

2/5 ENE remaining

Red Charged in after the boar again, this time pushing in closer to the beast than she had before. "Haymaker" She yelled out as she swung her spear like a giant club, finally managing to connect with the animals head in a grand strike. Unfortunately the Boar was not amused, and rather than stumble back, it simply tossed its head, and charged into Red, knocking her backwards. She hit the dirt rather hard as it pressed its tusked Maw into her shield trying to get to the tiny girl underneath. A string of angry cussing, that would have made a sailor blush rang out from reds lips as she finally managed press the animal back, getting to her feet in a shaky fashion. Luckily her Regen had kicked in with the boars strike, or she'd be in a lot worse shape.

((OOC: I assume that with my hit, we are tied for hate, so it would attack me in this one. And for the string of cusses, pic the 7 worst words you can think of))

Boar 2
3/25
4 DPS

Red_Rose
19/20 HP
1/5 ENE
2 Hate

Edited by Red_Rose

ID: 32425
LD: 5 (No Mat)

Mack paused for a moment from his rooting about in the dirt with the iron butt cap of Guillotine in the soft dirt around him. Leaning on the dull top portion of the bearded axe's bladed head, he watched the combat going on as the boar slammed into Red and knocked her to the ground. Given the superb quality of her gear, it was really very little surprise that the beast failed to do any kind of real damage to the slight woman. Between her and Shirosu, they were definitely holding their own. It would make the final challenge, the final hurdle to being accepted as one of the Crimson Blades that much more interesting to Mack. Seeing that the women had no need of his assistance, the enormous grandmaster resumed his searching in the dirt with his weapon but he failed to turn up a crafting material.

• ID:32284
  • BD: 6
  • Shirosu: 49/49 [ENE: 5/11] 
  • Red_rose: 19/20 [ENE:?] 
  • Boar: 0/25

"My Turn!" Shirosu almost cheered as she ducked in to finish off the weakened boar. It swung its head towards her in desperation but she deftly deflected its head with a sharp elbow and stabbed it in the shoulder with her long knife. The big creature disintegrated to pixels in her arms and with a grin she held a mat."Thats two down, now! mack do you have a final challenge in mind instead of another boar,? cause i saw a look earlier that suggested you did, so care to share," she was curious, hers had been a one on one duel which she had lost miserably, her crotch shot didn't help but the past was in the past and she didn't bother herself with it, much. 

((OOC: Sorry guys I didn't get a notification for this for some reason.))

As the boar exploded Red relaxed her stance a bit to look between her guild members. Shirosu had wanted to know if Mack had another test in mind for her. This of course caused her mind to wander a bit as she wondered what kind of test could be in store. Everything suggested a duel, as that seemed to have been Shirosu's test. If that was the case who would she fight? In the end it didn't matter. She had something to prove, so even if her opponent was a 50 foot tall monster she would deal with it as best as she could. "I'm ready for anything." She said smacking her spear against her shield in a show of confidence and strength.

ID: 33197
LD: 11 (No Mat)

“Nicely done,” Mack called to Red and Shirosu as the boar the two women had been facing dissolved in a shower of pixels under the withering pressure of the combined attacks of the two women. “Now, you’ve one final test to pass before your recruit training is completed,” Mack continued, taking one final and fruitless stab at the dirt before sheathing his axe across his back and abandoning the farming attempts as a bad job. As he considered his next words a small tight smile graced his lips for the most fleeting of moments and while Red may not have recognized what that was a portent of, the Guildmaster was fairly certain that Shirosu would know he had something evil in mind.

“Since I know you want to build yourself as a tank, I would like to see how you handle a typical tank situation, albeit in a safe environment. Shirosu, sheath your long knife and go unarmed,” Mack said, directing the silver haired teen to put her weapon away. “As a tank, you will often be called upon to absorb the attacks from multiple enemy mobs. While I know you cannot yet do this safely, it is still something I wish to test you over. Therefore, your final test is to duel both Shirosu and myself. We will be fighting you unarmed, so the base damage that we each have is only one,” Mack said in a calm, low tone, explaining the parameters of the fight. “If we land five successful attacks before you can land three, then you have lost the duel. Even if we were to land five critical strikes in a row, it would not be enough to reduce your HP pool to zero, so this is quite safe. You do not have to win the duel in order to succeed in your training, you need only complete it. The duel will commence as soon as you have launched your first attack against either Shirosu or myself.”

OOC: Remember, Shirosu has an evasion boost on her armor, so she’ll be harder to hit. :)

When Shirosu heard Macks plan she smiled slyly, the poor thing was gonna have to hit them three times while they were both wailing on her? that was probably worse then her dual. she let out an empathetic "oohh" and sheathing her knife she smiled apologetically at Red," Sorry, but i gotta do what the boss tells me to do, best of luck"  As she sorted herself out she listened attentively to the rules and when Mack was done corrected him,"I actually have a base of 2 DMG, Athletics is a nifty little skill" She backed up to stand next to her guild master and prepared herself for Red's first move, whether it be after her or Macks, she was will to counter effectively for either. "Fire away Red, just as a little warning, i'm fast" she said hinting at a few enhancements she was harbouring on something other than her weapon.