[PP-F4] <<Avalanche>> (Mack) [Complete!]

Cold puffs of air billowing around her Shirosu stood in the main plaza of the fourth floor, a heavy winter coat settled on her shoulders along with a bright yellow cloak that signified her membership in the Crimson Blades. She was currently waiting to see if Mack, her burly guild master would accept to help her with a challenging quest called avalanche, and it came with a nasty mig monster that could probably kill her is two hits, but she knew she would probably be fine if she was with Mack, she was good at dealing with these things. She had sent him a message not to long ago so she hoped he would be up to it, after all, it would have been a cold trek to the winter wonderland for no reason, because there was no way she was doing this alone. Rubbing her hands together she muttered quietly,"How can anyone survive on this floor, I feel like popsicle every time i set foot her" she was shaking a little her, silver hair reflecting the sun off of the snow. 

Edited by Shirosu

"Why are you wearing a yellow cloak," Mack asked in a low rumbling tone as he appeared seemingly form out of nowhere behind Shirosu. Given the fact that the Angelic Sheath was white and there were nearly always snow flurries or even blizzards on the fourth floor it was not really a huge challenge for the massive man to sneak around undetected on the fourth floor when he really wanted to. Having made his appearance the mountain of a man pulled up his inventory and activated his crimson guild cloak. In an instant the white cowl that was part of his armor disappeared and was replaced by the deeply hooded scarlet cloak of the Crimson Blades, complete with all the gold trim that was his by rights to wear as he was the Grandmaster of the Guild while, for the time being Shirosu had only a crimson cape to mark her membership in the Guild though, with time, she would gain plenty of honor and awards.

(OTL i meant red, RED haha)

"Just checking to see if you were color blind" she said teasingly, in reality, she had equipped the wrong cloak, this was something she had crafted some time ago when she was bored, and not really thinking had given it the name of her guild cloak, she usually had enough mind to check which was which first, guess she forgot today. She quickly scrolled through her inventory and equipped the right red one. "So!" she said turning to the hulking blond who had snuck up on her, by the way how did he do that? she never knew, any ways she said,"You ready to beat up a gigantic ice thing that would probably kill me if you weren't around? if so follow me!" she knew Mack was big on not wasting time so she didn't even stop to ask what the strategy was, that could be discussed on the way. as she walked through the snowy town she asked,"So, hows the new combat system working out for you?" So far she was ok with it, still a little boggled, but she was figuring it out. 

"I'm liking the new system well enough, even if I can't absorb damage like I used to be able to the fact that I can hit much much harder more than makes up for," Mack answered, pulling the gold trimmed crimson hood of his cloak up a bit higher on his head to disappear further into the shadow that it cast. "I can't really tank like I used to be able to. Everything hits harder now and I can only mitigate my way out of three points of damage, or basically nothing. Still, Vasth made me a ring that boosts my accuracy and evasion and, though this quest is a dangerous one to take without a tank, I think we'll be able to handle it alright since we should be able to three hit Avalanche between the two of us." Mack rolled his shoulders around and checked to make sure that Guillotine was secured to his back. "Anyway, this is your party so lead the way."

"Well than!" she said as they finally exited the town as she exited out into the barren cold desert she said,"This feels familiar, kinda like the wasp one, just with a bigger, badder, more likely to kill us monster, fun times" As she trekked through the calf deep snow she spotted a blue hulking giant in the distance and said,"I think i can see the beasty from here, seems big, shall we get a closer look?"  She was once again, excited to beat something much badder than herself up, it was quite the thrill in her eyes. As she neared the monster she saw it was atleast twice her height and solid ice," This is gonna be hard" she muttered, at least there was Mack.

"He's big, fought bigger," Mack said in answer to Shirosu's comment about the size of the Avalanche monster. "Soon enough, you're going to receive your promotion from Soldier to Squad Commander within the Blades, Shirosu. Therefore, I will place you in command of this operation. What is the plan of attack," Mack asked, unlimbering Guillotine from his back. Rolling his head around on his neck which popped several vertabrae, Mack planted the iron butt cap of Guillotine in the snow and waited for Shirosu to decide what the plan was going to be. Hitting Avalanche with a maximum power attack from the get go would be important, so regardless of Shisoru's order of battle Mack would deploy Crescent Avalanche early and often.

"Humm" Shirosu said thinking hard about what should be done as she studied the blue giant,  looking at it from multiple angles, she finally picked the one the made their course of action the quickest and said," Our best bet is to hit it hard, and get this over with, so i'm gonna have to say you open with ridiculous axe power of yours, and then ill get in as fast as i can to deal a minimal hit so that you can finish it off in one more blow, hows that sound? We'll try to pick him off in three hits eh, if we manage it, that would probably be a new record" Sure, it was riddles with holes, what if someone missed? What if someone got hit hard, well, those were risks they would have to take in order get this sucker down as quick a possible. 

ID: 31745
MD: 5 (6-1 Evasion)
BD: 10 (8+2 Ring)
Mack: 81/81 (12/19 Energy) - Hate: 1
Shirosu: 49/49
Avalanche: 51/100 (-49 Dam.)
Sword Art: Crescent Avalanche (-7 Energy, 7x1x7=49 Dam.)

Mack nodded his head as Shirosu explained the battle plan. It seemed a solid enough plan, though the Grandmaster might have opted to go with a stunning strike first rather than an all out assault on Avalanche's health bar. Still, the plan made sense and so Mack didn't question it. Tightening his grip around the leather wrapped haft of his axe, Mack moved from cover and stepped out into the clearing. "Avalanche," he called across to the massive snow creature, causing the boss' head to snap around as Mack readied himself to strike. Avalanche began lumbering in Mack's direction and as soon as the elemental entered the proper range, Mack clicked in Crescent Avalanche and went to work. Shifting his grip on Guillotine to protect his hand with the bearded blade head, Mack delivered a powerful right cross to the monster's midsection and followed that attack up with an uppercut to the elemental's chin before sliding both hands up the weapon's haft and delivering a sharp strike to the creature's face with the butt cap of the axe, driving Avalanche back a few steps. The creature took a wild swing at Mack, but missed and the blonde man continued his assault. Shifting his hands on the weapon Mack delivered two quick lateral chops to Avalanche's midsection, then he dropped his level and took out Avalanche's legs, spilling the creature to the snow covered ground before burying the hardened steel head of the axe in the beast's chest. "Shirosu, you're up!"

• ID: 31776
  • BD: 6 (+3 acc =9 no crit)
  • Mack: 81/81 (12/19 Energy) - Hate: 1
  • Shirosu: 49/49 (9/11 Energy) Hate: 1
  • Avalanche: 43/100 
  • Sword Art: Side Slash: 2x1x4= 8 DMG

Shirosu waited on her toes behind Mack as he approached the beast, his gigantic axe drawn. She watched in awe as he pretty much cut the Bosses health in half with one strike but did not wait too long to get started. She knew she did almost no damage next to Mack, but she was working on it with a prep step Shirosu bolted forward past Mack and right under the creature, right now she didn't have to worry about aggro so she was going to give it her hardest hit. not caring that the beast was pur ice she lept up and her sturdy boots griped into the slippery surface, using her momentum she landed in its shoulder in a crouch. She quickly gave the creature two deep slashes on either side of its neck, where she could do her meager damage before sliding off its back just as quickly as she had lept up and back behind Mack, she was a hit and run, so far it worked for her."Finish him off Mack!" she called standing back to watch the guild leader do what he did best. 

Edited by Shirosu

OOC: Now we need to figure out how to lengthen the thread, I’m open to ideas.

ID: 31780 – Roll for Combat Round
BD: 9
MD: 8
LD: 10 (No bonus loot
Mack: 60/81 (Energy: 6/19) – (-21 Dam., Mit. 3)
Shirosu: 49/49 (Energy: 9/11)
Avalanche: -17/100 (-56 Dam., -4 Thorns)
Sword Art: Crescent Avalanche (7x1xBase Dam.[8])

Mack was still in the process of backing off from Avalanche when Shirosu darted past him, nearly moving beneath the blade of Guillotine as he pulled it back. As Avalanche got back to its feet the silver haired woman went flying through the air to perch on the shoulder of the elemental monster. There was no way Mack could have matched that little feat of acrobatics, not the least reason being because it wasn’t his style. He watched as Shirosu delivered two quick strikes to each side of the monster’s neck before sliding off down its back and darting off again, calling out to him to finish the creature off.

“With pleasure,” Mack growled, advancing on Avalanche as it turned to face Shirosu in the wake of her attack. The power of the first overhanded chop into the monster’s back drove the beast to its knees and the second planted it firmly in the ground on its face. The following five matching strokes were really just a bit repetitive. In the end, Avalanche dissolved into pixels and left a pair of potions and a crafting material in its wake.

“Who gets the mat,” he asked, stooping and tossing one of the potions to the silver-haired woman.

REWARDS:

1 Mat

Mack:
1 Snowfrost Potion

Shirosu:
1 Snowfrost Potion

Edited by Mack

(( We could do some extra pummeling of mobs on the floor or some mat hunting? if you have any ideas let me know))

With a whoop Shirosu watched as Mack finished off the large icy creature with the second series of slashes from his axe, she stared at the ever familiar explosion of digitalized pixels that emanated from the creature's remains, the beast eventually leaving the two potion and a mat in its wake. She always reminded herself that she would alway do her best to never end up being the pixels,  "You take the Mat" she said,"You'd make much better use of it then i would," With a satisfied grin she said,"Well! at least we know that we can take down beasts like that if we want, i just got to make sure you're around so that i don't get flattened into a white puddle"  Stretching she gazed at her frozen surroundings and turning towards the giant man asked,"Seeing as its still so early in the day want to do some other stuff? Maybe some more mob hunting or mat hunting? or if you've got some other ideas let be know, we've got time" 

ID: 31825
LD: 2 (No Mat)

"I'm fine with whatever decision you make," Mack rumbled, shouldering Guillotine temporarily at his right shoulder as he moved across the clearing that Avalanche had called home to reach the nearest tree to his current position. "I'm out of mats again, and so I'll have to do some hunting and harvesting anyway," the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades continued, pulling his hood back up over his head before unlimbering Guillotine from his shoulder and burying the bladed head in the trunk of the tree, without producing any crafting material. Sighing in frustration, the crimson cloaked leader pulled the weapon free from the tree and waited for Shirosu to decide what it was that they would do next.

"Hummm" she muttered, "We could try just hunting for Mats, but generally mats are faster gained if we find a good target to demolish, we can gain mats quicker, what do you say? find one of thats things ice minions to beat up? seems as sound a plan as any else right now" She scanned the plains and noticed one a little distance off, she approached it slowly, it shouldn't be to hard to fight the sucker's, they weren't as big or as bad as there older friend.  "Lets do this" she grinned, the practice would be good. 

• ID: 31866
  • BD: 8
  • MD:2 (miss)
  • Shirosu: 49/49 [ENG: 7/11][Hate: 1]
  • Mack: 60/81[ENG: 6/19]
  • Ice elemental: 33 /41
  • Sword Art: Side Slash (2x1x4=8 DMG)

She entered the Ice elementals range and using her speed got behind the creature and using her side slash again she hamstringed the beast and with a smartly planted kick knocked it to the ground, that should give Mack some time to attack it if he so chooses, or if he wasn't feeling in the mood she guessed she could finish it, might take some time though. 

ID: 31881 – Roll for Combat Round
BD: 7 (5+2 Ring)
Mack: 64/81 (Energy: 8/19) – Hate: 1

Shirosu: 49/49 (Energy: 7/11) – Hate: 1
Winter Elemental: 19/41 (-14 Dam.) – STUNNED
Sword Art: Smash (2x1xBase Dam.[7]) – STUN

When Shirosu announced that they would go mob hunting to gather some mats, rather than just standing around all day waiting for the trees around them to decide, in their own sweet time, that they would yield up the bounty that was crafting materials, Mack nodded his head from within the confines of his deeply hooded crimson cloak. “This is still your party, lead on,” he said, directing the silver-haired woman to move to the forefront as they continued to trek through the snow in search of more creatures.

When they came within sight of another winter elemental, Mack noted with approval that Shirosu wasted no time in going after the creature. Quick as lightning, the silver-haired woman had dashed out and plunged her long knife into the back of the creature’s legs before delivering a nice sharp kick to drive it to its knees. That was Mack’s signal to move in. As the elemental was struggling to try and get back to its feet, Mack sprinted in and delivered a powerful horizontal chop to the computer generated villain’s head that snapped the thing’s head around and left it stunned, flat on its back, in the snow.

• ID: 31916
  • BD: 8 (5+3)
  • MD: 10 (stunned so invalid?)
  • Shirosu: 49/49 (Eng: 5/11)[Hate:2]
  • Mack: 64/81 (Eng: 8/19)[Hate:1]
  • Ice Elemental: 11/41
  • Sword Art: Side Slash: (2x1x4=8 DMG)

Taking full advantage of Mack stunning powers Shirosu bolted forward with a feral grin hinting at the corners of her lips, what a perfect target. With a ferocity that didn't match her size she lept up to get a height advantage to her two hits. Bringing her arm back in a reverse grip to activate her sword arts she bore down on the stunned elemental dealling two solid hits to its midsection. dealing a slightly satisfying amount of damage she retreated as quickly as she had appeared behind Mack, who was in her books a point of safety, like a tank, even though he technically wasn't. 

ID: 32093
BD: 8 (6+2)
LD: 14 – WOO, COL!
Shirosu: 49/49 (En: 8/19)
Mack: 64/81 (En: 7/19 -2)
Ice Elemental: -3/41 (-14)
Sword Art: Whirlwind (2x1 = 2, 2x1x7=14 dam.)

Mack watched as Shirosu struck out and went right after their stunned elemental opponent. Really, it wasn’t especially fair for her to take advantage of its moment of weakness like that. At the same time though, if Kayaba wanted people to fight fair against his mobs then he shouldn’t have trapped them in a death game. As Shirosu all but danced her way back to the relative safety of being behind the massive form of her Guildmaster, Mack moved forward and drew Guillotine back to strike. As he moved into the attack, he clicked in the Sword Art called Whirlwind. The massive man all but pirouetted into the attack, swinging Guillotine across his body and putting all of his massive size into the swing. The attack hit with so much force that it spun the ice elemental around and, on the follow through from the attack there was a massive shockwave blast of wind that leveled the monster on its face before the creature disappeared in a shower of pixels. “Looks like we win again,” Mack said, shouldering his axe and picking up the winnings from the fight to add to the party’s treasure haul.

REWARDS:

+1 Mat
+205 Col

"There we go!" she said watching the pixels float away as Mack destroyed the second monster of the day,"What do say about one more? polish it off then well head home? cause one more never hurt anyone, i hope" She spotted one final Ice elemental approaching slowly she guaged the best plan of attack and seeing a good one she bolted forward and brandished her knife.

• ID: 32160
  • BD: 10
  • MD: 2
  • Shirosu: 49/49 (Eng: 3/11)[Hate:2]
  • Mack: 64/81 (Eng: 7/19)[Hate:0]
  • Ice Elemental: 29/41
  • Sword Art: Side Slash: (2x1x6=12 DMG)

This one seemed a little sluggish, so she decided to go for a solid two hits on its back, taking advantage of its slow turing capability. Dodging under a clumsy strike she jumped up and pegged the beast between the shoulders with two quick stabs doing a fair amount of damage before pulling her knife out and kicking off the beast jogged in Macks direction leading the slow beast yelling,"I have another one! hope you don't mind!" 

(The dice gods are with me today! two 10's in a row? what is this madness)

ID: 32307
LD: 16 (+1 Mat)

"I don't mind," Mack called back to Shirosu, swinging Guillotine backwards behind him and inadvertently slamming the bladed head of the axe into a tree trunk. There was a shower of wood chips and a crafting material popped out of the tree. Of course it did, when he wasn't trying to retrieve one. Kneeling, the massive blonde man scooped up the valuable material and added it to his inventory, watching through narrowed storm grey eyes as the silver headed woman came scampering back with another elemental in tow behind her. "Let's see how you do on your own to tackle this one," the Grandmaster called, crossing his massive arms over his broad chest. It would be good for Shirosu to learn a bit of self reliance and, as near as he could tell, she could handle the monster. Plus, he was right there to offer assistance if it turned out that she needed it. "It's all yours."

• ID: 32160
  • BD: 3+3=6 Hit - 4 DMG
  • MD: 2
  • Shirosu: 49/49 (Eng: 3/11)
  • Ice Elemental: 25/41

"Ok then!" she said, Shirosu didn't mind having to fight something by herself, if anything she enjoyed the challenge it presented. Turning swiftly on her heels she faced the stumbling ice beast with with a grin sprinted towards the beast, her feet light and quick on the snow. She constantly zig zaged, keeping the beats AI guessing where she would strike and she decided to try something different this time. Leaping up she brought her leg around in a powerful roundhouse kick, following it by a good slash to the creatures rock solid jaw. It jarred her leg but she had been expecting that. Landing in a crouch she bolted behind the creature, dodging another clumsy arm throw, and prepared for her next attack. 

ID: 32347
LD: 14 (Of course, no Mat)
Energy: 13/19
Mack: 66/81

Turning back to the tree, Mack buried the hardened steel head of the weapon in the trunk of the tree once again. This time he had actually made a real and concerted effort to harvest a material from the tree. Naturally, this was likely the reason why the Guildmaster of the Crimson Blades had failed. Growling, he ripped the weapon free from the trunk of the tree and turned his focus back on Shirosu as she continued to dance around the elemental. She wasn't whittling down the beast's health as quickly as she could have done if he had been helping her. All the same, death by a thousand cuts was still death. "Nearly there, keep at it," he called to the silver-haired woman as she danced around the embodiment of winter.