[PP-F8] Water Under the Bridge <<Earning a Living>>

Piera raised an eyebrow again and gave him a look that said clearly, 'ya think?'. Though both of them raised in genuine surprise as Lowenthal stated that Opal had told him that someone had confessed their love to her. "Really? Well that doesn't mean that she loves them back. Or did she say that too? ....Why was it by the way? If it isn't too private that is." She was insanely curious and wanted to confirm a nagging suspicion that had been in her mind for a while now.

The brunette smiled as her friend accepted the crystal without argument and she nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I'd rather it sit happily in your inventory for quite a while. Means you're just that good~" She teased, bumping into his shoulder and then gripping it tightly as she literally tripped over a whole bush full of herbs. "Gah, jackpot!" The alchemist stooped to pick the herbs before straightening again, glancing up at the taller player as he asked to go out to eat. "Hm? Yeah sure." Piera agreed easily, wondering what he was so nervous about. "What sort of guild business? Should we invite Jomei too?" She didn't bother asking about the other three members of their guild as they were only normal members while herself and Jomei were Lowenthal's right and left hands. "Do you think we have enough herbs by the way? I didn't catch how many she needed."

[ID: 33772] [LD: 20+1=21] [Total Mats: 5]

Edited by Piera

Lowenthal shot his head up at the mention of materials. He had gotten so caught up in the conversation, that had had given up looking for the materials in the first place. He looked at his pitiful amount he had on hand. "Uhm, yeah. I think we got enough." Lowenthal said, handing his mats to Piera. "Here, you take them. The old lady did say she only needed one." Lowenthal said, keeping one for himself to give to the old lady. "And, I was thinking that perhaps. It could just, be us?" Lowenthal said, rubbing the back of his head. He had no idea why he kept going with it, she already had a boyfriend. Hell, at 6 years he might as well be her husband. "Ah, forget it. I-It's nothing." Lowenthal said, making his way back to the old woman. Lowenthal stopped. "Nawh, hell." Lowenthal said, turning around, and facing Piera. "I was, asking you out on a date." He said, feeling foolish. "And, it's really stupid of me, thinking that I may even have the slightest of chances, when you've been with Lee for so long. Hell, the fact that I'm even trying is enough to say something." He said, slightly hating himself. "It's just, I don't know what I want anymore. And all I know is that, you and Jomei make my days in this world better." Lowenthal said, putting his hands into his pockets.

Edited by Lowenthal

Piera smiled wryly and shook her head in mild disbelief at the fact that her friend hadn't even been paying attention to the quest they were supposedly doing. Taking the mats he held out to her, the brunette walked alongside the orange player as they made their way back to the elderly NPC they were assisting until she paused and tilted her head in curiosity as he awkwardly asked if they could go with just the two of them. She watched him curiously, wondering if he just meant to get to know each of them better one on one rather than as a group, like they usually hung out. She was about to let it drop when he turned and clarified what he meant, her eyes widening in shock and mouth opening, half due to surprise and half wanting to speak herself, but she stayed silent as he rattled on. Piera's expression twisted in a struggling sad sort of grimace as she listened and tried to think of reply, smiling sadly up at Lowenthal as he finished.

"Lowe, you don't need to go on a date with me, with either of us." The alchemist half teased before continuing, "To make yourself feel better. I...I can imagine how alone you must feel at times. And I hate that. Jomei and I, we were worried sick after your birthday party. But we weren't sure how to approach you. All we could do was be available. We'll always be here for you. Just...not in the romantic sense." Her eyebrows turned upwards as she looked up at him, hoping he would understand. "I like you Lowe. You're a great guy and one of my best friends now, not to mention someone I'd trust my life with. And I'm sure that you'll be happy. Whether on your own, with us, or that special someone."

Her hand reached out briefly, as if to grab his hand, or pat him on the shoulder, but she halted the action before it even went halfway, not wanting to give her friend mixed signals. "Let's give your lady friend her herbs. Maybe you can try making a pass at her. I caught her making eyes at you as we left." The brunette joked easily, walking back to the NPC.  "Took you long enough." The old woman greeted the pair of players, though a smile was on her wizened face. Piera gave her the herb and the pair were awarded a minor amount of experience and col for their troubles, while Lowenthal was given a sum of materials.

Lowenthal crossed his hand behind his head. "Jeez, Piera. You're starting to sound like a sister or something." He said, with a sigh. He had already admitted it to being a dumb idea, and Piera went and made it touchy feely like always. Lowenthal let out a small laugh. "Perhaps, i should start calling you Oneesan?" He suggested, laughing again. Lowenthal went back to being quiet, as he reminded himself of his own sister. Wherever she was, he hoped she was okay. It had been weeks, nearly a month since her last long message. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. "C'mon. Let's get this done." He said, now registering Piera's joke. "H-Hey! I may like older woman, but s-she's too old! I mean, I like woman who are like, y'know what? I'm not telling you! Cause that'd be weird, and I-I'm not comfortable telling you that!" Lowenthal said, his words flustered and his cheeks red. He calmed himself down, as the two approached the Old Woman.

Lowenthal gave the required material that the woman was looking for. She of coursed thanked Lowenthal again, but Lowenthal carfully and politely denied the elderly woman the handshake she wanted. Everytime he had shook her hand, she had managed to almost crush every bone in his hand. The woman thanked Lowenthal again, and started to walk away with her dog in tow. Lowenthal turned back to Piera. "Here, I'm not gonna use them. So you have them. I'm sure that these are meant to be something greater than just skimpy swim suits." Lowenthal laughed, as he handed Piera the reminder of his materials. "So, let's get out of here. Let's go find some trouble to get into." Lowenthal joked, as he lead Piera out of the woods.

Edited by Lowenthal