[PP-F1] Bring it On, Death Game! (Alet)

A deep breath in, before a bated breath was let out.  Eulalia swept her gaze over the smooth, rolling hills found within the vicinity of the starting city, her lime green hair billowing southwards - to her left, to produce a better image.  She placed her thin, bony hands together and pushed outwards, popping her knuckles casually. Was she panicking?  Nope.  Was she going to go crying to someone?  Nope again.  Anything girly had no chance of happening... Except being at a loss of words around guys.  That thought dropped the girl's expression.  That is something I desperately need to get over, she complained in her head, eliciting a fed-up groan afterwards.

When the whole Death Game started... Mass hysteria took the players like a flood, many panicking, hiding, going mad, some even taking their own lives in the name of testing if the 'death' feature were real... But Eulalia thought otherwise... By instinct she couldn't help but know that that sumbitch Kayaba meant business, and that's what caused the young woman to spring into action.  She bolted around the plaza, assisting those players whom were panicking, calming their nerves... To be honest it was most likely due to the years she spent coaching teams in sports, but she couldn't help but feel that people needed someone like her... Someone who actually knew what the hell she was doing.

Eula shook her head, her fluorescent bangs swaying from side to side.  If she was going to be of any use to the players in the game, she was going to need to start moving up the ranks in the game... But little did she know how difficult becoming one of the best in a Death game was going to be.

Edited by Eulalia

With a yawn, a very tired Alet looked up and down the streets, looking for something to do. He just finished his first adventure out of the city, and was rather anxious to go back into the field once more... However... He need's armor or something of the sorts before doing what he had in mind...

"Man, I really hope that those prices go down or else i'm not going anywhere anytime soon..."

A sigh escapes the teen, as he starts trudging toward the gates, "Oh well" He pondered in his mind, "I could just gather some more materials or something before trying my hand at buying something that will prove useful..." With those thoughts in his head, he headed for the fields to gather something of value.

When he got to the fields, he saw something rather... Odd... A girl, with hair billowing in the wind like grass floating in the air, and with eyes determined to do, well, something... Out of curiosity, and slight boredom, he called out to the figure with a slightly timid voice.

"Hello? What are you doing up there?"

Maybe today wouldn't be so mundane...

It took Eula a moment to notice a voice beside her - her mind was too at peace. However, the boy that spoke to her seemed to have startled her, as she leapt back and stifled a scream, tripping backwards and falling flat on her back.  She took a sharp breath as she sat up, shaking her head briskly.  She placed her left hand out behind her on the grass and her right upon her rump as she rubbed it. "Ouchie..." She complained, before looking up to the young boy who had attempted to approach her.  Her face flushed red, closely imitating a tomato - red face and green hair - as she realised how much she embarrassed herself in front of the boy. "S-sorry..." She apologized in a hushed tone, as if it were her own fault that she fell.

The Alet tilts his head a little, curious on why you fell down in the first place, and after a few moments he realizes that the cause of the fall was probably him... "Do I have such a small presence that I can sneak up on people unconsciously? If that's true, it explains why I haven't been ambushed by monsters yet... Speaking of ambushes..."

His eyes dart around the plains, scanning to make sure no monsters got to close for comfort yet, and he let's out a breath of relief when no mob decides to pay attention to the two.

When you apologize, you see him a bit puzzled from your response. He shakes his head a little, then answers her. "Umm, it's fine? Though, in all honesty it was probably my fault... Anyways, you ok?" 

Holding out his hand to the fallen girl, he asks this with a soft, shy voice.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, thanks." Eulalia told the boy with a nervous smile, tenderly taking his hand to assist her in rising from her... Precarious position. "I'm just... Kind of a ditz, y'know?" She explained with a flustered chuckle, scratching her neck gently... But suddenly it hit her.  Wait a second... Usually around guys, even those who are heaps younger, I flip into an absolute nervous wreck... But not around this guy... Who is he? She pondered, slightly fearful but for the most part interested in this strange boy...

Clearing her throat promptly, Eula spoke again. "It's nice to meet you.  My name's Eulalia, but please call me Eula, or Lia if it's easier for you~" She introduced herself, her tone soft and dainty.  She extended a small hand out to the boy before her, a kind smile creeping across her lips.

"Well then... I honestly thought she would be a bit more withdrawn considering that she apologized for something that she had no control over, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing." With those thoughts in mind, he helped her up as gently as possible, trying to mimic her tenderness...

When she starts to speak after standing up, he notices a small tinge of fear in her voice. "That's... To be expected, in all honesty, I am just a random player that appeared from the shadows..." 

After she introduces herself, he return's her smile with a small grin of his own. "Nice to meet you Lia, my names Alet. I don't have any nicknames though, you can just call me Alex if you want."

With interest laced into his voice, he asks her question. "So, what are you doing out here, out of curiosity."

Edited by Alet
English...

The nickname 'Lia' coming from such a young boy brought a light blush to Eula's cheeks.  It sounded so cute!  At least, that was her opinion... But when the boy introduced himself, she struggled to keep from going 'girly-girl mode'. "N-no, I like Alet!  It sounds really cute!" She complimented the boy with a beaming grin, her green bangs annoyingly swishing across her forehead.  Eula subtly patted the flying locks away to keep them from frustrating her as she listened to the boy's question. "Well... That's kind of a good question, haha! I've never ventured much further than here, because... Y'know, low level and all..." She trailed off, rubbing the ball of her right foot on the grass daintily. "So every so often I make an effort to take a few steps further... But once I start levelling up some more, those monsters better watch out!" She finished, with a somewhat triumphant expression added at the end.

Now it was her turn to probe. "How 'bout you?  What's a young man like yourself doin' all the way out here?" She asked, noting the insensitivity in the comment before she even said it; thus, she'd already planned a comment to be added. "I mean, I'm sure you're perfectly capable of fending for yourself, but I would've thought you'd've had a bunch of people with you!"

Well played Jaye.  That was smooth.

As the girl acted like a... Well... Girl in Alet's opinion... The boy let out a small yawn as she answered to his name and question. It wasn't as if he was bored by her, he was just straight up tired. Cringing on the inside, he berated himself a little... "Crap, I seriously have to get a sleeping schedule down or something bad's going to happen..." He tries to hide his sleepiness under a poker face, but it's unwillingly cracking due to the system yelling at him too:

"GO TO SLEEP, OR YOU'll DIE IN ABOUT A FEW HOURS!!!"

While being constant bugged by the system, he listened to to her words. When you mention being low leveled he sighed a little, mostly out of relief, "I'm glad, i'm not the only one that decided to not rush into battle that day we were trapped in the game. Though, considering how she is talking, she's probably just taking it one step at a time, trying to transition into the game. Eh, at least she knows her limits..."

When you ask him about why he's out here in the first place, he tilts his head a little in thought. 

After a few moments, voice still small and fragile, he speaks, "Um, I was just going to mess around in the fields, gather some materials, stuff like that. You really only need a party if your going into combat, which is something I don't intend to do..."

He then almost let sleep claim him, giving into the system. With a yawn, he starts to think to himself... "Ugh, if this was real life I should be able concentrate, even when i'm tired. I should be fine going into the field... Hopefully..."

Edited by Alet
Maybe I should take a nap before I write... Cause that post honestly seemed like my character wanted to flirt with yours...

The poor boy seemed extremely tired, and Eula knew for a fact that that was not a good thing, especially at his age.  Although tired, Alet seemed to be listening intently to Eulalia's words all the same.  When he spoke, it was Eula's turn to listen.  So... He wants to go out into the field to gather materials, huh?  Eula mused. I guess it couldn't hurt to go with him... "Whaddya say I tag along?  I... May not be of much use if we happen to get ambushed, but I'll be able to assist in finding some materials, at least, hehe..." She explained, shying away slightly... It was still strange how this boy set Eula at ease, and she was intent on discovering the reason.

Eulalia turned and gazed over the hills, a similar state to how she was before. "So... Where to, Alet?" She asked, flashing him a kind and somewhat enthusiastic grin.  Of course she was excited; it was going to be her first time travelling further than that damned hill.

While you were musing, the boy's eye's started to glaze over, then with a shake, returns to attention. When you offer to join him, his eyes widen slightly, slightly surprised at the offer. "Um, sure?"

"Well then, that was a bit unexpected..." He was planning just to venture into the ruins, and see what lies in the darkness, but with a companion... "Too dangerous..."

After a bit of dozing off and thinking, he claps his hands like he just remembered something. "Ah, there was a settlement in a forest that I wanted to revisit," 

Tapping his menu a few times, he brings up a map. "Lets see, it's called Horunka Village. Say's that mob's don't spawn near it, so that should serve as a decent destination. There should be materials not to far off the road leading up to it, so gathering wouldn't much of a issue. There's also some alchemy ingredients that are near said village, so we can try our hand at that I guess..."

He messes around with the menu for a few moments, and then sends you a party request. "Assuming you still want to follow me into a forest, let us be off."

With a tired but soft voice, he answers your question, while looking at you for any sign of movement, waiting for you to take the first step...

"I guess she likes that stance I suppose."  In his mind he notes that your still in the same position as before, and starts to look towards the road leading up to the forest...

"A settlement, huh?" Eulalia mused, pondering over what it might look like; wooden huts?  Ninjas everywhere?!  Eula's green eyes shimmered and sparkled with curiosity.  She was brought back to Earth at the mention of the mob-free zone. "All the better then!  Well, as long as we don't go gettin' ambushed along the way, yah?" She jested, her lips curled in a jovial grin.  Her eyes zoned in on the party request that Alet sent to her, and she swiftly brushed her finger over the accept button, and Alet's name, health bar, energy bar and level all popped up under her own at the top of her view. "Level two, huh?  You must have seen quite a bit... More than myself, at least." She commented, shifting awkwardly.  Nodding to the boy, she took a step forwards... And another... Finally she had exceeded the boundary she had set for herself with the assistance of one strange, young boy.

Looking around with tired eyes, the boy checked if any monsters got too close for comfort during there conversation. When he found nothing of the sorts, he returned to listening to you speaking with a tone of curiosity.

At the mention of being ambushed, he gave a forlorn glace. "Now that I think about it... How many times have I almost been killed during my excursion yesterday?"

"Well, one time the mob path of Mr.Porky decided to go to exactly where I was gathering, so there's one...

Another time was when a mob spawned right next to me, so there's two...

And I was almost killed in my sleep, then saved by a figment of my imagination, three... Maybe I should go into the field with a party more often..."

With a sigh, he starts thinking back to the past until you mention him being level two...

"Um, the way I got to level two was just gathering and exploring. The exp needed was given as a reward by exploring outside of the boundaries, so you should be level two when this is all over..."

The boy starts to move beside you, keeping up with your pace. "So... What's your weapon, out of curiosity..." He asks with a tone of interest while walking forward with you.

"Oh... I didn't realise it was that easy to get to level two..." Eulalia shunned herself, blushing at her obliviousness. "That's why I've been a bottom feeder for so long, then..." She shook her head and gave her cheek a few light slaps to snap herself out of it. Come on, Jaye, stop putting yourself down. Keep doin' that and you ain't gonna get anywhere, she told herself, forming a smile again.

It amazed Eulalia that the small boy could keep up with her pace, given the size difference between them.  She responded to Alet's request by navigating to her inventory and materializing her starter spear, the weapon dropping into her hands in front of her. "I'm a two handed spear user." She explained. "I, uh..." She watched her words carefully with her next statement, reflecting upon an interaction with another player. "Prefer to stay back and work from there rather than rushin' in." She managed to correctly explain... She didn't exactly want the boy to get the wrong idea.  To avoid any awkwardness, she parroted the question. "How 'bout you, Alet?  What's your weapon of choice?"

When you started to berate yourself, the boy kinda got confused, not really sure what triggered you to act as such... "Pride? Split personality? Something in between?"

He sighed a little when you belittled yourself, and started speaking in a more, sadder tone. "Well, I wouldn't really say easy... It took me about two days worth of exploration and gathering to gain enough exp to level up, but maybe in a party it levels up quicker... And I also much rather be a bottom feeder than... Well..." He thinks for a moment, and thinks better of finishing that statement. He said all of this after your smile, so it was kinda pointless considering that you recovered already...

When he received your response, he tilts his head in thought, and shrugs a little. The girl seemed like she had a bad experience with a unsavory individual that asked the same question, at least, to him, due to how carefully she thought about her word choice... "I wonder what happened..." Though, instead of asking the question in his head, he just answered the one thrown at him, on the topic of weapon choice... "Does my weapon even count as a weapon? It hasn't seen any combat yet, but I guess it's the closest thing I've got to one..." He thinks a little, debating with himself, before deciding on something...

"Well..." Messing around with the menu for a bit, he got out his knife. The poor thing looked like it's seen hell and back, with it being on the verge of breaking. If you squint, you can already see it turning to a light shade of blue, also known as the breaking animation... What ever it actually went through, it almost broke a knife that shouldn't break...

"I use my knife to gather materials, but it also counts as my only weapon. I guess I picked it because it had more functionality than other blades, not only used in fighting, but useful in crafting/harvesting as well..."

He yawns a little after speaking in a soft tone, still a bit tired for unknown reasons...

"So... Any other questions?"

His eyes have a hint of wariness, but quickly changes to curiosity... Odd...

"Yeah..." Eulalia agreed with Alet's statement about preferring being a bottom feeder, acknowledging his reasoning behind letting the sentence dwindle.  Eula's eyes bore down upon the 'decaying' weapon Alet materialized and mused over his reasoning behind picking it. "Ahh, that's really smart, Alet!  You sure seem to know what you're doing!" She praised the boy, clapping slightly.  She pondered for a moment, wondering whether she did have any other questions. "Hmm... No, I don't think so... There ain't much else I really wanna know..." She told Alet, keeping by his side and following his lead.

He just silently nodded when you agreed to his reasoning, not really wanting to think about what the sentence meant. 

"Well," he says after you stop talking, "when I first join SAO, I didn't actually know that you had a inventory. So I thought that lugging around a giant battle axe was going to be hard on my body. Heh, imagine my surprise when I could make item's magically disappear, and recall them at a instant. And also that I didn't even know much, besides from something's that my friend told me... So, yeah, it was kinda lucky that I picked the perfect tool for gathering..." He says this in a excited, but scared voice.

The boy looks ahead of the path, and slightly yawns. Up ahead, the outlines of a forest start to appear, and slowly get closer as you walk.

"There's are destination, at least, the area of it."

His eye's dart around for a second, scanning the surrounding area, then returns on to you.

"Well then, let us be off."

After saying this in a soft voice, he yawns again... 

"Still smart; you considered a possible consequence." Eulalia continued to stress her point of the boy being rather intelligent.  Lia's weapon was useful for the role she had been planning on taking; a strategist build, to assist parties in attacking large-scale enemies, waging wars and other tactical jobs that may have required fulfilling.  Lia was almost so zoned out that she didn't acknowledge Alet's pointing out if the destination, but it registered in the end. "Let's do this!" Lia shouted enthusiastically, leaping to tiptoes and back to the flats of her feet.  She soon realised Alet had been yawning more frequently than earlier. "You sure you're not too tired to do this?  I mean, you can take me to do some gathering another time, y'know..." She suggested to the boy, her voice wavering with concern.

He shrugs at your praise, not really knowing how to respond to it, instead opting for glancing around and dozing off every now and then. So he started to zone out as well as you thought.

The boy jumps a little when you exclaim rather loudly. Then his eyes start sweeping the area for any mob that decided to investigate the shout. He inwardly sighed out of relief of no mob's barreling towards them, but still tried to keep lookout with half closed eyes...

When you mention going another time, he just shakes his head a smiles a little. "Thanks for the concern, but I should be fine. This isn't the first time I did a task half asleep. Then again, finishing last minute assignments isn't as life threatening as this game I suppose... Besides, we have already traveled to the forest, might as well continue on forward."

Then, contrary to what he just say's he yawns a little and his head starts tilting downwards...

Alet seemed to begin analyzing the area as Eulalia shouted out, and she gave an embarrassed chuckle. "O-oh, sorry, I was basically putting up a neon said that 'come get us!', wasn't eye?" Lia joked, flushing red.  When Alet denied going another time, Lia shrugged. "Alright, but if you fall asleep in there, I'm hopin' I'll be bringing your body out, not a handful of pixels."  She jested once more with a playful wink.  She sighed as Alet almost began to nod off, and she gave him a little pat on the shoulder. "Well, let's get going, huh?" She suggested with a soft smile. "Then you can go get yourself a nice sleep!" She half-commanded.  She knew the horrors of sleepless nights; her wild imagination kept her up night after night in the real world, and that had barely changed once she entered the game.  In fact, Lia yawned then, not just because she was tired, but due to a well known fact that watching someone else yawn gives you a high possibility of yawning as well.  She was rather well known for making her sport teams yawn all session. "Well, I'll follow the leader, Alet." She suggested still yawning lightly.

Alet just gave a silent smile when you started to joke around, as if remembering something from the past. "It's been awhile since a person joked around like that in this game, kinda reminds me of someone..." With these thoughts, he almost fell asleep, giving into the temptation. However, after being patted on the back and encouraged to fight the good fight, he shrugged and said. "That would be rather nice..."

After infecting Lia with a yawning disease, he started to scan the area, and spotted something in between two tree's... Upon further inspection, it was a plant that some how stood out from the rest of the green. It was ,unmistakably, a alchemy ingredient. "Actually Lia, let's check that out." He points to the small plant in the distance, it's small leaves blowing in the wind... "It might be a alchemy ingredient of some sort. If you want to take a shot at it, i'll lend you my knife so you can try it out." The boy holds the knife by the blade, allowing you to grab it by the hilt.  "I think I'll accidentally destroy it if I do it while this tired..." His voice is still small, tired, but it has a hint of something else... 

"And also that I destroyed all the plant's I tried to gathered, so that's a thing as well..." It's the fact that he sucks at gathering anything living... 

(OOC: If you do decide to try to gather it,  roll the dice and if the LD is 15-20, you succeed. If 0-14, you fail. If you succeed, you get one material...)

Edited by Alet