[PP-F1] Bring it On, Death Game! (Alet)

(It's alright, I do know how to gather XD My main character's a Cook and runs the Crimson Diner)

Eulalia tenderly shifted her verdant hair out of her eyes and securely behind her ear to receive better vision of the object Alet was pointing to.  It was a small plant that was possibly useless to her, but would at least give her that nice level boost.  She gratefully took the weapon from the boy by the handle and began to daintily stroll towards the plant.  She approached it and began circling it, checking the stem and the leaves, looking for where the best place to cut may have been.  Taking a wild guess, she crouched down and began to cut into the base of the plant... But the blade stuck halfway through and wouldn't budge. "Oh... Crap..." She swore, struggling to wrench the knife out of the plant.  Being the klutz that she was, she laid her right index finger upon the blade, and her hands slipped from the weapon, the edge tearing her finger open.  Thank goodness for pain nullification... But it just felt weird, like her finger had fallen asleep.  Now I see what Kalesh was talking about...

---

ID: 33396

LD: 6 = The plant was tougher than it looked

Edited by Eulalia

Alet just looking around, making sure nothing ambushes the two while gathering the plant. While checking for the third time of there surroundings, he heard your voice laced with annoyance. The boy turned his head to see what was wrong, and it was... Interesting... The plant had a rather large incomplete cut in it, the knife was on the ground, and a little bit of red was on your finger... "That didn't go according to plan I suppose..." 

"Um, are you alright?" He pointed to the small cut in your finger... "Actually, I haven't been attacked by any mob's yet, so I don't know how damage feels... So, how does it feel?"

After your response (assuming your going to make one), he looks at the plant and shrugs a little. "Let me take a shot at it..."

Picking up the knife from the ground, he tries to finish the cut you started... But either due to a complete lack of strength, or just a bad swing, the knife bounced harmlessly off of the plant... "... What?"

Then he tries it again, and again, and again... Let's just say he wasn't very... successful...

ID:33473

LD: 13 

Edited by Alet
The ID...

"Y-yeah, I'm good." Eulalia replied, shaking her hand seemingly in an attempt to return feeling to her finger.  She chuckled when Alet asked how it felt.  She decided to parrot Kalesh. "Imagine the feeling when your leg falls asleep, but only where you are cut. It's kinda tingly." She recited verbatim.  She stood up and motioned for Alet to do as he pleased with the plant, and refrained from giggling when the knife only bounced off the plant.  She skipped to the defeated boy and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'll take another shot... But I'll see what I can do without the knife." She told him, thinking over it.  Daintily she crouched down before the plant and cupped her hands gently around the gnawed base, preparing to pull it out.  She tugged upwards and could feel the plant uprooting... But she just couldn't tear it all the way out.  She let out a breath she hadn't realised she was holding and gave the material a death stare. "We will get you." She threatened the plant playfully.

---

ID: 33561

LD: 14 (WOW!)

Edited by Eulalia

"Is the blade dull or something?..." The boy starts muttering under his breath as he backs away to let you do your thing. After making sure nothing was in the immediate vicinity, he looks over to see if the "Field boss" (the plant) has fallen yet, and with a internal sigh, he notes that it hasn't.

"If regular attacks wont work, i'm going to have to try something else..." Thinking this while getting into a battle position, he calls out to Lila. "Back up a bit, I'm going to try something... And, if this doesn't work, I'm going to cry."

After waiting for her to back up a safe distance, (assuming you do so,) his blade starts to glow a shade of light blue... "<<Side Bite>>!" 

He lunges forward, and attempts to slash at the plants base... But overshot the plant and tripped over it... His knife slipped his grip as he fell, and he tumbled over the plant, but he didn't damage it surprisingly...

Laying on the ground with tears in his eyes, he calls out to you... "Hey, Lila... Avenge me... I'm going to lie here for awhile..."

Energy: 0/2

ID: 33618

LD: 5

Eulalia failed to stifle a snigger as she backed off and watched the boy approach his 'prey'. "W-well, go for it, Alet." She egged him on, folding her arms under her chest. Her cheeks puffed out as she managed to contain another outburst of laughter and listened to Alet's request. "A-alright, I'll give it my best." She told him, going red in the face from holding back her laugh.  She began to flick through her menus and materialise her spear, the weapon dropping gracefully into the palms of her outstretched hands.  Well... I guess if I fail, there won't really be much of a problem... Except maybe a broken spear... She added the last note bitterly. She approached the plant and raised her spear above her head before bringing it down, digging the head into the dirt underneath the thin, wiry roots.  She wriggled the weapon around for a little before pushing down on the shaft. However, the plant still didn't budge.  She continued to push down harder, but eventually slipped and the wood came up and smacked her in the forehead, sending her into a daze as she hit the ground.

---

ID: 33774

LD: 4 = And then there were none...

Edited by Eulalia

The boy gave off a small yawn as he laid on the ground, along side his blade. However, he seemed to be rather comfortable on the ground, turning to one side and curling up. "Sleep... Sleep is good. I can rest now, I don't have to fight anymore. Rest now, think later..." He closed his eyes, with a satisfied sigh... Then his eyes shot wide opened and he started to analyze what just happened. "Like h**l I'm going to sleep during a "Boss" (plant) fight!"

His mind started to work overdrive to see what can be done to eliminate the foe. "Usually, normal attacks either break a plant or harvest it, provided that it hit's the right spot. But... I launched multiple attacks against the weak spot, and not a dent... Even when attempting to use a sword art, it ended in failure... So, that's the only way we will be able to take down this "Boss" (plant)... I better tell her."

He shifted his body so his face was skyward, and he looked to where his "Dungeon Party" (Lila) was soloing the "Field Boss" (plant). As you tried to finish the plant off and end with a decisive victory, the "Boss" (plant) activated it's stun and dropped you to the floor... The boy started to get up and he called out to his fallen party member. "You ok?" Walking over to you, he offered his hand to his comrade, while continuing, "We should rest for a bit, as well as try to come up a way to take down that "Field boss" (plant)." Then, boy brings up the menu, and materializes two glass of water from his inventory. "Want a drink?"  He holds out the glass of water for you to take.

Eulalia rolled over, facing the sky above. She raised a hand to her forehead and rubbed it; all feeling had flown the coop. Having a literal numb skull made Lia uneasy, and it was not an experience anyone would enjoy... But she guessed that some people went through it, whether they liked it or not.  When Lia heard Alet's voice from somewhere above her, he arm lifted as a visor, blocking the sun from her vision and revealing the young boy with two glasses of water.  Smiling gratefully, she took her share of the water gently and sat up for ease of access to her beverage.  Lia was quick to down the clear liquid, leaving not a drop to waste. She rocked forwards onto her feet and stood up, before patting her green trousers down. "Thanks, Alet!  I really needed that!" She told the young boy, before strolling to the plant for a third time. She bent down and lazily tugged on the material, but with her intense lack of force, it went absolutely nowhere.  A sharp exhale escaped her lips as she just gave up, meandering backwards. "This is boring..." She complained before dropping down heavily on her rear.

---

ID: 33867

LD: 8 = Boooooring

Edited by Eulalia

The boy started sipping his glass of water, trying to stave off the effects of sleep deprivation. Yawning, he silently drained his drink, and started dozing off.

He returned from la la land when you started complaining about the plant, and gives a small grin. "Or maybe it's the feeling of defeat." He responded Walking over to the plant, he makes haphazard cuts along the roots of plant, with no real progress made. Then, the boy motions for you to stand by him. "Come on, I wasn't able to make a dent on this plant, and you were able to do a number on it. Let's fight till the end. Besides, if you were able to cut this much, I say we have a decent chance at killing plant thing..."

Giving the plant thing another shot, his knife goes into a reverse grip. Aiming at the roots of the plant, he goes in for a sharp stab. The blade rips through some of the roots, but then stops midway. "And if I can still do this much damage when i'm half asleep, I say it won't take long..."

ID: 33978

LD: 9

Eulalia smiled slyly when Alet began treating the plant as some kind of enemy. "Alright... Big guy. Show that monster who's boss." She jested, stifling a snigger when Alet still couldn't cut the thing out of the earth. However, something suddenly lit a light bulb in her mind... She was attacking it like she would any backyard weed, while Alet was attacking as if it was an enemy... The young boy's idea would probably be much more logical... Lia had heard of a battle tactic for higher level enemies; Switching, where one player breaks the enemy's guard, before another strikes the critical blow. Maybe...

"Alet, stand back for a sec, please." She requested of the boy as she approached the target.  She tugged her large weapon from the dirt and gave it a spin in her hands, before centering the tip on the stalk. With a thrust forwards, she pinned the plant to the earth and turned her head to call over her shoulder. "Alet, Switch!"

Edited by Eulalia

Alet tilted his head for a moment when you asked for him to step back for a moment, but after a few seconds of processing the words, he backed up a little. With curious eyes, he observed you impaling the plant, and calling out for a switch. Having a "Ohh" moment, he rushed forwards and using you as a handle, propelled himself towards the plant. The boy's knife was held in a position that it would seem it would actually hit for once... Then he impaled the ground quite literally right next to the plant...

His blade acted like a fulcrum to a lever, and his body flopped face up... He was disoriented, tired, and frustrated, so naturally when he hit the ground he was knocked out cold, with his blade still in the dirt... He seemed peaceful enough, actually looking like he wasn't knocked out and instead just enjoying a afternoon nap. Of course, with the added bonus of his face covered with dirt, and his body somehow looking exhausted even while sleeping...

ID: 34184

LD: 13 (Cry)

When Alet used Eulalia as leverage to charge towards the plant, the viridian girl was thrown off balance, her left foot lifting off of the grass.  She struggled to haphazardly stand upon her remaining leg as she watched Alet drop to the grass; she couldn't tell whether he was just defeated or actually knocked out, but she hadn't much time to ponder over the thought as her right leg slipped from under her, dropping her rear heavily upon the grass.  She could feel the spear give way and she ducked her head to dodge the flying weapon, only to feel a shower of dirt rain upon her, followed by some heavy, foreign object landing in her lap.  She creaked her right eye open, and the plant they had tried so hard to obtain laid there, finally defeated.  With a grin and a sigh, Lia laid back on the grass, shutting her eyes against the sun above as she felt the plant fade away and transfer to her inventory.

---

ID: 34219

LD: 17 = +1 Stalwart Root

Edited by Eulalia

The boy was on the ground, with his eyes closed, and breathing evenly. His face was a bit dirty, and his clothes were a mess. He laid on the ground in a sprawled out manner... Completely defenseless... Then, with a groan, he started to get up from his slumber.

With a yawn, he pushed himself up right and started to scan the area with a blank expression, and his gaze fell onto you, and more importantly, that damn plant...

His eyes widen, and he starts to stutter out, "This... This isn't a dream, correct? We actually got the boss? I didn't make my knife even more broken than physically possible for nothing?" And then, with a grin, he flops back down to the ground. "We did it..." He gives a satisfied sigh, and looks toward you from the ground. "Well, I was planning to do a bit more gathering, but... After that... I don't want to look at a plant ever again. Let's just go to the village and rest, I'm worried I might pass out... And also, congratulations on your first gathering I suppose." 

Eulalia covered her mouth as she elicited an amused chuckle at Alet's reaction. "Yes, we got the boss. It's over." She informed him before he flopped backwards.  Lia pulled herself up and stood, patting down her viridan trousers, before making her way to the downed boy. "Yeah... I think taking a break from plant fighting might be in order... let's haul-" She was about to say 'ass', but then remembered her partner's possible age. "Get out of here and rest up... especially you, you needa get some sleep, Alet." She ordered the boy, placing her fists on her hips.  She soon extended her hand out to assist Alet in getting up, a sweet smile on her lips.

Alet give's a small nod and takes your hand, pulling himself up. "You do know that I'm like, fifteen, right?" He says, talking about how you censored a**. "I was thirteen when I was thrown into this game, and it's been a few years I think... I was a late bloomer alright?" The boy seems to be starting to warm up to you, his voice not as soft before, but still with a hint of timidness...

"At least... I think you have the same body when you entered the game... I swear if I'm not at least 6 feet tall when I get out of here, I'm going to cry..." He thinks for a moment. "Then again, I kinda am a tall child..." He pats his head and starts taking out the dirt from his hair and face... After a very slow attempt at cleaning, he sighs and looks at you. "Um, sorry for asking, but do you have a rag of some sort?"

• 2 weeks later...

Eulalia's eyes fluttered for a moment when she heard Alet was fifteen. "W-well... certainly young, but you're not all that much of a late bloomer... I wasn't actually a gamer until I was your age, and even then I played some pretty crap games, haha!" She admitted, hoping to lift his spirits about his supposed belated approach to the virtual world. She pondered over Alet's thoughts about their real bodies. She hadn't paid much attention to that notion the whole time she'd been in the game... what was happening to their bodies? Were they becoming frail and weak? Where were they even? Still in homes, or at hospitals? "I'm sure you'll be pretty tall when you get out of here, take my word for it!" Lia reassured Alet, grinning. However, her grin soon changed to a look of confusion when the boy asked for a rag. "Well... to my knowledge, I haven't picked up a rag or anything... maybe you could wash your face at an inn or something when we get back to town?" She suggested, shrugging.

The boy's eyes widen with hope when you reassure him of his height (/pride). "Do you really believe so? Really?" The boy gives a small grin, "Well, now that I think about it, it's going to be rather odd to be in a grown up body..." He stands on his toes, trying to be as tall as possible, then shakes his head. "Yeah, it's going to take some getting use to..."

After hearing the lack of a rag, the boy shrugs. "Yeah, maybe..." He looks up, and his body flinches... "Wow... It's sun set already..." True enough, the sun was starting to set, orange painting the sky. "We uh... We should pick up the pace." His foot steps slowly accelerate into a steady jog. After a few minutes, he puts on a mischievous smile. "Well, since I still have a young body, might as well enjoy it while it lasts..." He says casually, then breaks out into a run. "Catch me if you can!" He calls out, dashing ahead of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Eulalia began to snigger at Alet's long-shot attempt at raising his diminutive stance, until bursting into a full-blown laughing riot, clutching at her abdomen as wave after wave of air was expelled from her lungs.  She had no words  to say to the boy then and there, but if she had have accumulated enough air to utter a word, she would have mentioned how adorable his struggle was reassured him further... ultimately, this did not end up happening.

Lia followed Alet's gaze to the expansive, although artificial amber sky above, the ceiling crafted by the second floor flawlessly mimicking a sunset from the real world. It was a beautiful thing really, how realistic the scenery was. Every sight the ex-coach laid her verdant eyes upon brought a bright smile to her face... sometimes she even forgot  she lived in a game. Lia nodded in response to Alet's suggestion. "Of course." She agreed and turned to face him, grinning as he broke into a jog. Confusion tugged the corners of her lips when he plastered an impish expression to his own face, and her eyes flew as wide as teacups when he bolted off, but it took very little time for her to shoot off after him, raising her hands into the air and yelling openly, uncaring of who, or what, might hear her.

She decided to enjoy her time while it lasted, and if that was going to be on the edge...

So be it.

(Whaddya say we lock him up now? I think this is a beautiful way to end it ^^ I was listening to some really uplifting music while writing :) )