[PP-F1] Confusion and Parties (Flints, Emerath) - Complete!

Endilix stood in the middle of the starter city, absorbed in the game menu. It felt like since he had actually gotten started playing the game, he was doing this, that, and everything else. Between his brother, new friends, old friends, and all the crafting he still had yet to do, Endilix was split into so many different directions. But that was ok with him, so long as he could just keep himself focused on the menu for just this moment. He sent messages this way and that, talking to his brother mostly, and then he noticed a popup from one of the people he had met out in the field while exploring. "Ah!" he said, with a grin, "Flints!" It was a party request, and Endilix accepted it and sent off the latest message to his brother in one motion. He looked around for Flints, to have sent him a party request she was probably close.

Edited by Endilix
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scent of prey lingered in the air, she took short breaths in from her mouth and forced them into her nostrils at the same time, no armor left her light and silent, her soft moccasins made no sound, her shoulders rolled in small motions as she silently tracked her desired target. Her pupils small from the bright sun left her iris' large like beautiful Jade discs as the light playfully bounced off of them, her steps got quicker as her notifications popped up to show confirmation but she ignored it, quickly she licked her lips then went in for the kill-

"HEY ENDILIX!" she shouted in attempt to startle him her hands raised as if she was going to leap onto his back. "great to see you again!" she winked and smiled up at him, ever since their first adventure she had often wondered what Endlix and Silvermist were up to, more specifically at this moment, Endilix. They were a little more alike in some aspects. And also she didn't try to attack Endilix upon first meeting. Oops. 

Endilix hadn't in the slightest been expecting Flints to have come up behind him. He just about leaped out of his skin when the woman shouted behind him, giving a loud cry of alarm and stumbling forward, fumbling at his hammer and failing to pull it out of the straps at his waist. As he fumbled, the hammer managed to tilt forward and slide in the wrong direction, falling onto his foot. Endilix gave a cry of pain to replace the cry of alarm as he hopped around on his unhurt foot and held his throbbing foot. 

He rubbed away the pain as he turned to look at Flints, and when it had subsided he put his foot back down and leaned over to pick up his hammer, placing it back in its straps. He puffed out his chest a bit, and tried to put on a brave face as he said, "Y-you didn't even scare me a little bit." But then he exhaled and gave a laugh, "No, you totally got me. I can't even lie. That was a good one."

Flints suddenly realized everyone's eyes had been following her as she tracked Endilix, almost as if she was actually going to harm him. Was everyone that on edge? Good. The successful attack left Endilix open to another attack, she quickly took advantage of this as he bent down to pick up his weapon, she bent down so she was near his ear and whispered in a light velvety tone, "And just like that..you're dead" her morbid sense of humor was something few got a chance to see, but she felt comfortable around Endilix so far. Her guard wasn't as bad as it usually is. She certainly was a little quicker than Endilix in a joking sense. Feeling the eyes still amongst them she quickly became very protective of him. As if his slight embarrassment wasn't for them to laugh at. Even though no one was laughing she caught onlookers gaze with her piercing eyes to which they refused to challenge. A low growl rose in her throat till she realized Endilix was still fumbling for composer. "sorry I didn't think I'd scare you that bad! But score one for me!" she giggled. Ready to follow Endilix further into town. 

And just like that, Endilix realized that his hammer was not actually in the straps at his hip, but was actually in the hands of Flints. He blushed a bit as Flints leaned in and gave a bit of a surprised chuckle. "It's fine, really. But that was good though," he said as he poked his cheek as if trying to get the blush to go away. He gave a smile to the woman and said, "But uh, can I have my hammer back? I mean. I suppose as long as we're in the city it's not that big of a deal."

Endilix took a look around to notice that a lot of people were in fact staring at them. He puffed up a bit, a bit embarrassed that he had been so spooked and then managed to drop a hammer on his foot. Although thankfully it didn't appear that anyone in the crowd had been laughing at him. Instead, it was a lot of stunned faces, who didn't seem to understand what the woman was doing. "We, uh," he started, "we might want to go somewhere where there aren't so many people. Like a shop or something. The people watching us makes me nervous."

And with that Endilix had actually forgotten that Flints had his hammer and started to walk off in the direction of the market.

Flints watched as Endilix sort of spun around in a flurry of confusion and fluster. As he headed off in one direction she couldn't help but smile and laugh at his attempt to escape the crowds, forgetting his hammer in her hands she carried it with ease, as well as her weapon on her own back. "I long for a heavier weapon..maybe if we combined ours I'll get my fix" filnts laughed as she tried her best to keep up with Endilix, but being taller than her his stride was greater.

"where are you taking me? I demand one wish before my death!" Fints relished the fact that it was so easy to make Endilix squirm.

Endilix did get a chuckle out of Flints saying she should combine their weapons, as he said to the woman behind him, "As much as I'd love to grant that wish, we should see about getting me another hammer before you go and do that." Endilix hadn't entirely missed the comment where Flints had demanded to know their destination, but he was a good distance ahead of her as he slipped into an NPC armory shop. The NPC gave him a customary greeting, but aside from that the shop appeared to be rather empty. Endilix stepped inside, and then poked his head out the door as he grabbed the passing Flints by the arm and pulled her into the shop, "In here!" he said, happy to get away from the public.

He gave a bit of a sigh. Endilix wasn't really one for embarrassment in a crowd, and the people didn't seem to have been eyeing Flints with all that friendly of a stare either. Not to mention he had heard her growl. He thought that a bit curious. Surely she wasn't growling for him? He pushed the thought aside as he gave a smile to Flints. "There, away from all those people. Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. That'd be a waste of such a good companion. I'll still grant a wish though, if it's within my power. Though admittedly I don't have much of that yet." He gave a chuckle and scratched the back of his head.

In the whirl of the city that passed by them she found herself running without actually knowing where she was going until she was plucked from the street just like that and suddenly her vision was filled with a warm glow of the shop and the fact that no one was there made her relax. "oh hey! Here take this before I meld it to my weapon" flints giggled and released the weapon onto the table to where it nearly fell over from the unbalanced weight. 

"Awh and here I thought you were going to end my misery!" she laughed and looked around. "well you got me alone I guess I get my wish now don't i?" she looked up at Endilix eagerly. "ah..actually I don't want anything I didn't think I'd get this far. I should be dead! Worst killer ever!" she winked at Endilix. "so, how have you been?!"

Endilix managed to grab his hammer before the entire table flipped over. He wasn't sure if NPCs made players pay for damages, but he didn't want to find out from breaking an NPC's stuff. He put it back in the straps on his hip and shook his head with a chuckle. He wasn't even sure if melding together weapons was possible, but he made a mental note to ask Teion later once she got better at being a blacksmith.

Endilix held his breath a bit as the woman looked up at him expectantly after saying she would get her wish. He blinked at her, unsure of what exactly that meant and what she would ask for, before she seemed to either change her mind or decide not to actually ask for anything. He let the breath out as a flush creeped across his face. The wink though, something was up with her, and Endilix couldn't help but turn a slight red at the implications. He made an attempt to awkwardly latch onto the horrible jokes about death as he said, "Well, like I said, horrible waste. Besides, I'd have to get you out of the city to kill you. Unless that guy," Endilix pointed to the NPC in the store, "knows a trick to breaking the rules and killing a player in a safe zone."

Flints quickly glanced over at the NPC and smiled as if nothing had happened and when Endilix joked about getting her out of the city she laughed. "I bet he could slaughter us both when we aren't looking" she chuckled and finally sat down on the other side of the table, looking up at the array of weapons that hung on the walls each one sharper than the next. "Can you imagine the armories in the front lines?!" I bet those babies slice air so well they could tear a line in our dimension. She giggled and then started to consider having a giant Axe like weapon that was bigger than herself. 

"so I'm curious! When you saw me and Silvermist, did you come to his rescue? I'm almost certain you thought I was going to slaughter him." She cocked her head slightly curious to what Endilix would say.

Endilix gave a glance at the NPC, "I'm pretty sure if it wasn't in their coding to not do anything they weren't supposed to, they would be the most powerful beings in existence. I've always held that belief. Especially shopkeeps. If they could, they would probably do maximum damage just for looking at them funny."

He sat down at the other end of the table and looked around a bit, but was more focused on Flints and the conversation to really linger on the stuff for long. Endilix himself wondered what the frontlines were like, "I'll bet the hammers could cause legitimate earthquakes," he said with his own chuckle. He then looked back to Flints a bit puzzled, "Well, no. I saw you guys venturing out and I was worried. I didn't think you'd actually harm Silvermist. I just didn't want to see fellow players die. And then it just turned out to be a happy coincidence that we became friends."

For some reason the conversation with Flints was more difficult than he had expected it to be. The woman was hard to read and it put Endilix on edge. Was she actually wishing for death? Did she want to kill Silvermist? Given the way she had acted he couldn't imagine that to be the case. He remembered when he had initially thought that she was someone to keep an eye on. Why was that anyway? he asked himself in his head as he looked the woman over. Finally, Endilix just approached the question, "Why? Were you planning on killing Silvermist if I hadn't shown up?"

Flints looked the NPC over and snorted. "Well now don't make him feel bad! He's doing his very best keep keep to the law of the land just like us." she leaned back in the chair with her arms behind her head glad to finally be sitting instead of wondering all around Aincrad in a daze. Flints watched as Endilix closed himself in his posture changed a little and he seemed a little defensive towards the question she spewed before him. "Don't worry. I'm not a cold blooded killer. Quite the opposite actually! But I did think he was sneaking up on me to PK me so I put on a little show for him. Little did I know I basically picked a fight with a kitten."  she spoke warmly of Silivermist even though she sounded like she was mocking him she truly meant well. "I have a feeling he would make a great alchemist one day and i wish him the best!"

Endilix couldn't help but laugh at Flints comment about the NPC, "Yes, well, I suppose he is."

He looked the woman over and gave a bit of a sigh and relaxed, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come out as mean or anything." Endilix wasn't sure exactly how to take Flints. She was something different every time she spoke. He supposed there was a good thing to that, but as someone who worked almost entirely off of logic it got to him in a way that he couldn't explain. Finally, he leaned forward, "So, why did you come and see me anyway? Surely it wasn't to scare the pants off of me. I also didn't expect us to end up alone." He wasn't sure why, but it wasn't even that they were in a safe zone. Despite that she was so hard to read, he had no reason to distrust Flints.

Flints closed her eyes and sighed. The day had been a rough one but she felt at ease talking to Endilix. Her eyes wondered around the armory as Endilix pointed out that they were indeed alone. She sat there quietly pondering. What did she have in mind? Alas she couldn't remember why she summoned him. "Actually I have no clue. But being able to scare the pants off of you was the silver lining to the day!" She smirked. "How often can someone say they snuck up on you!?"

Endilix considered that for a moment, thinking back to his childhood with Emerath and his other friends. Finally he said, "Honestly, nobody. You would be the first. I'm usually very perceptive and aware of my surroundings. Almost to the point of distraction." He chuckled and smiled at Flints, "So take that for what it is." Endilix leaned back in his own chair, but kept his feet close so as not to accidentally kick Flints under the table. He leaned his head back and looked up at the ceiling.

"I suppose it has been a moment since I've actually spent time with someone I don't know in real life. It's an odd feeling. I was so scared to trust people, and here I am sitting in a random shop with a woman I only met a little while ago." He raised his head and looked at Flints, "It's a bit surreal to be honest. I feel like I should be more careful. And then we joke about me killing you. And that just takes the edge off even more."

Endilix sighed, but followed it up with another smile, "I'm glad I met you. This world is too dangerous to not be able to trust anyone except those I know outside the game."

"Oddly enough I don't spend enough time with anyone. I don't really have the most pleasing of attitudes. I tend to rub people the wrong way..I kinda do it on purpose actually." Flints watched Endilix carefully wondering what his reaction to her outright admittance of being a jerk for no apperent reason would be. Would he leave? Probably. She quickly changed the subject. "let's face it you can't kill me." Flints grinned widely. "If you wanted to you could have done it by now.. But..then again..you would probably need your weapon." she lifted her head triumphantly, waiting for Endilix to notice his hammer was no longer fastened to his side but next to her.Flints let out a small laugh and then returned to being serious,

"I'm glad to have met you as well Endilix. You sure are interesting. And the fact you let your guard down a lot around me is kind of cute." her choice of words were to see if Endilix would squirm at her boldness. It was unlike herself and Flints had to admit, she was enjoying giving him a hard time. "but alas, for me my trust is so muddled. In game and out."  she handed the hammer back over to Endilix. "your brother and comrade sound like interesting characters. I want to meet them one day!"  

Endilix listened to Flints intently as she spoke. As she admitted that she wasn't pleasing, Endilix couldn't help but give a frown. "Well, someone has to find you to be a pleasing person. Jerk or not." Endilx shrugged, "I've run in social circles where the jerk is the popular person, just because everyone else is too nice. Sometimes it's necessary." And Endilix took her next outburst as a challenge, "Ah, well I'll bet you that if we went out in the fields and dueled right now I could easily beat you before you even got the chance to react. I would just be scared to accidentally crit you and kill you outright." He stuck his tongue out before he felt his hip for his weapon. It was gone again and he gave a sigh. "You may as well keep it at this point."

Endilix wasn't want to be called cute though. Women liked to call him handsome, and kind and other sweet things, but cute was not one often on the list. He bristled a bit and despite himself still turned a bit red. "W-what? Hey! I'm not cute!" He crossed his arms and threw it back at the woman, "You know, despite your bravado, you actually seem fairly tame. I mean, the way you reacted to Silvermist when you realized he was just a small little kitten, and the way you act around me. I think it's cute how you try to be a badass when you're just a kitten yourself."

Endilix took his hammer back from Flints and ended up just placing it on the table so as not to unbalance it as he thought of the last bit of his brother and who he assumed was Teion. "We'll figure something out, for sure. Although I doubt my brother and you would really get along."

"Well now if you put it that way it makes it sound like I could be a popular person!" She snorted and looked down "I'm not okay with groups of people unless I have control of everyone in some sort of way. Unless I trust them then everything is fine with me and I'll follow them blindly into a field of death." 

She watched as Endilix got angry at her calling him cute, not angry. Offended. He turned red and she couldn't help but blush herself when suddenly she realized he was challenging her. His body tensed a little and his voice lowered as he proded at the thought that she was tamed. "Pfft me? Tame? I guess I've let Endilix get a little too comfy" she thought as the pleseant warm voice of hers was cut short and replaced with a deep low growl, her eyes fixed on Endilix's she licked her canines, letting the slow movement be seen, it was an aggressive gesture from such a small creature. Her body became stoic as she whispered, "maybe I want you to think I'm a kitten. A small, lovely little kitten..it sure seems to have worked in my favor.." She hissed out the last sentence before she realized she was no longer sitting across from Endilix but leaned over the table, glaring at him. Everything in her being told her she had to assert her dominance before Endilix took advantage of her being kind to him. She had to remind him she wasn't to be taken lightly. Before her hands instinctually gripped at her weapon she sat back down in a huff. 

"you never know. I could maybe like him a great deal!" She laughed trying to blow off the unnecessary steam she acquired.  

Endilix wasted no time after the exchange. The woman had changed again. He had drawn out the hidden beast that he had seen when him and Silvermist had initially approached her. The woman was cocky, or at least seemed that way. She was probably used to giving a snarl and everyone backing down. She leaned forward, and this time Endilix gave no sign of backing down.

There was a reason Endilix had left his hammer on the table. In a flash, he was on top of the table, hammer in his hand. In another moment the hammer was within inches of the woman's face, with Endilix's face not far behind. He was now crouched on the table in a low stance, only inches between the two people, the table wobbling from the sudden weight but not giving way. "I can't trust you, eh?" he said, after giving the tension a moment to settle, "You're lucky this is a safe zone, then. Or else, it would all be over for little Flints. Did you still want your wish before you die?"

As soon as Flints let the words escape her lips Endilix was on the table, Hammer pointed at her. She never broke eye contact with him and didn't flinch in the whirl of sudden movement. Even outside of the shop grew silent, blood rushed through her ears and the growling stopped. She stopped. Flints placed a hand against Endilix's chest and spoke in a low tone. "All this talk of leaving the town to fight is starting to sound more and more promising. Maybe I'll take you up on your offer." She stood up and tippy toed so her lips were near his ear. "But do you really think you can handle my wish, Endilix? Maybe you shouldn't trust me." Before she backed away the sound of her two handed axe clinked and within seconds was behind Endilix, it's curves aimed at his throat from behind, he couldn't pull away if he wanted to.

She was in control. She wouldn't back down. That's just what he wanted, and she refused to give in.