[PP-F1]One Big Happy Family

Mack stood just inside the massive western gate of the City of Beginnings, the gentle breeze that wafted through the shadowy gate played at the gold trimmed hem of his crimson guild cloak, the deep hood of which was pulled up to conceal his face from view as the bladed head of his bearded axe Invictus poking up above his left shoulder. Standing straight and tall, like a sentinel, in the gateway the Grandmaster waited for Aramail to arrive. The woman had recently indicated that she was interested in becoming a member of the Crimson Blades and, as the Blades were always willing to add new members, but especially those who had chosen the path of the merchant, Mack had signaled to the interested recruit a date and time and place to meet him. So, all that was left now was the waiting.

Aramail had closed up her shop for the first time, in what seemed like forever. As she stepped outside, she stretched her arms above her head and gave out a long yawn. Today was the day that she'd try her hand at joining one of those, guilds. She didn't see the point of being part of such a large group, other then the immense business that it would bring. And after asking questions about the guilds, it seemed that the Crimson Blades were the best bet. Azure was asinine, and led by elitist filth. Velvet Room was much to campy, and the guild was going to 'psychoanalyze' her for her guild ranking, or whatever. And Knights of the Red somethings, took the 'RP' part of 'RPG' to damn serious. She sighed as she walked down the cobbled road to her destination. As she reached the designated meeting spot, she brushed her hair from her face. "So, you must be Mack then. Leader of the Crimson Blade. Good to finally meet'cha." Aramail said, adjusting her top real quick, before offering her hand to shake.

OOC: Do you need a better weapon, heavy armor set, or shield? I have several unclaimed crafts sitting around that I need to use up. Only rare quality, but still.

“I’m Mack,” the enormous crimson cloaked figure confirmed, head swiveling from within the confines of the cloak’s gold trimmed crimson hood to regard the woman with a grey-eyed stare that was concealed by the deep shadow cast by the hood. Reaching up to the brim of the cloak’s hood, Mack drew it back to reveal an equally red head of hair and a ginger colored beard before taking the offered hand and shaking it even as they stood in the shadow of the City’s gate.

“I was informed you wished to join the Blades and, to be honest, we could use someone with the merchant profession. Having access to perfect vouchers and being able to buy mats from your shop would be a great benefit to us, even aside from the fact that we’re a growing guild,” the enormous man intoned, looking down on the short-haired woman. “Aside from the normal guild benefits, I’ll add one more thing. You are welcome to have every item in my shop that is of good quality, free of charge. I want you to level your merchant rank nearly as much as, I suspect, you want to level it,” he continued seriously, his eyes boring into Aramail’s. “Now, if you’re ready, we can go ahead and begin with your official induction into the Crimson Blades.”

(OoC: I am a martial artist at heart, so heavy armor or shields are a no. Perhaps a punch knife, or metal gloves. But for RP reasons I'd like to stick with light armor.)

Aramail crossed her arms, and cocked her body to the side as Mack went on and on about 'the guild this' and 'the guild that'. Finally he said something that was at least pertainable to Aramail. The fact that she could have all of his good quality items, to use in place of materials for her shop. "That is true. I do want to get my merchant leveled up as quick as I can." Aramail said, both honest and a bit of a fibber. She wanted it to level up, but she didn't want the interaction that came with people. She had enough of people in the real world when she was a secretary. She cracked her knuckles, as Mack suggested that they begin the introduction. "Alright then. What's the plan?" Aramail asked, just excited to get out of the starting town.

OOC: I can do some gauntlets to boost unarmed damage, if you like.

Mack nodded his head and swiped his right hand in the air in front of him when Aramail indicated that she was ready to begin. Scrolling through his inventory, the giant of a man scrolled down to the first item that would be given to Aramail. Tapping the listed item, a crimson guild cloak, the simple blood red cloak appeared in his hands. Turning the material over, he tapped where the left shoulder would be and a black coin sigil appeared to denote that the wearer of the cloak was a merchant by trade. Stepping behind Aramail, he draped the cloak around her shoulders, leaving it to her to actually fasten the simple cloak which lacked the gold trim, hood, and shoulder piece that Mack’s cloak had.

“This is your guild cloak. It is a symbol of the Crimson Blades. Whenever you are enacting business on behalf of the guild, or taking part in official guild functions such as raids and meetings, you will be expected to have this cloak equipped. Beyond that, it’s an optional garment. It is a simple item, with no enhancements. The black coin at your left shoulder denotes to all guild members that you are a merchant by trade. As you progress through the Blades more ornamentation will be added to denote your achievements,” Mack rumbled in a low tone, still standing behind the woman as he pulled up his inventory again and selected the second item Aramail would be receiving.

“This is your Guild Medallion,” he continued, slipping a simple glowing medallion around the woman’s neck and fastening it before moving to stand in front of her once more. “This item is to be worn at all times and it signifies to all players that you are affiliated with the Crimson Blades. Therefore, to make trouble with you is to make trouble with the guild. Different symbols are used for different ranks.” Reaching out his right index finger, Mack tapped the medallion once and it resolved itself into the shape of a crimson dagger. “The dagger is the symbol of a guild recruit which, as of this moment, you officially are.”

Aramail took the cloak in her hands, and politely put it on. It was thick, and heavy. The color was a deep red as well, which made sense. She would've preferred a different color, but guilds would be guilds she assumed. Mack opened his menu and pulled a medallion out of his inventory. Aramail took a step back, as Mack was getting uncomfortable close to her. "I'll, put it on myself. I'm a grown woman dammit." She said, taking the medallion from him and putting it around her neck. She hardly knew Mack, and she didn't like her space being invaded. She added the cloak and the medallion into her inventory, seeing as the items were only of a 'good' quality. Sure they looked good, but they provided no tactical advantages whatsoever. "Alright, so other then those items. Anything I have to do on my end?" Aramail said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

OOC: Do you want some +2 Unarmed Dam. gauntlets or no?

Mack shrugged his broad shoulders as Aramail plucked the guild medallion of the Crimson Blades from him before he could put it around her neck and affixed it herself. She was the first person to have such a reaction, but she would be unlikely to be the last. If she wanted to do it herself, then so be it. "Nothing else comes to mind, unless you'd like some additional heavy armor or a weapon from me before we begin with your training assignment for the day," Mack rumbled, moving back around to stand in front of the rather defiant looking woman. "It's a fairly straight forward process. We head out into the fields surrounding the City of Beginnings and you kill a few mobs to demonstrate your combat proficiency and then you get promoted to the rank of Soldier within the Crimson Blades."

(OoC: Gauntlets would be nice)

Aramail slammed her fist into her open palm. "Alright, now you're talking!" She said, excitedly. It was about time she got out and back into the field. And whatever it was they fought, it sure beat waiting around for the now absent prick from earlier. Aramail had actually not fought anything other then that trial martial artist when she unlocked her Martial Art skill. "Actually, now that I think about it. I don't think I'll do much in terms of damage." She said, almost sheepishly. She had almost forgotten that they were stuck in a death game, where skills and numbers mattered. Unlike the real world, where she actually knew how to fight, in this one she seemed to be 'rusty' of a sorts. "I don't suppose that, you'd have anything to increase my martial art damage output?" Aramail asked, almost ashamed.

Edited by Aramail

"I think I've got something to help with that problem," Mack rumbled in a somewhat thoughtful tone. Pulling up his player inventory with the swipe of a finger, the massive ginger man scrolled through his list of items before stopping on one that looked promising. The Pugilist's Fingers were leather gauntlets that had spiked steel plates sewn into the fingers and knuckles specifically to increase the damage output of those who were choosing to make their way through the world of Sword Art Online without using a traditional weapon. "Here," Mack said, tapping the item which materialized in his hands and passing it over gauntlets to the short-haired woman. "And there's no need to feel shame in asking for help from your guildmates. That's part of why we're all here, to help one another. Once you're equipped, then lead the way out into the fields and we'll get to work."