[PP-F1] Trampling Some Foliage <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Mack, Shirosu)

Lawfer paced back and forth. He had just accepted a quest from a funny little NPC on the 1st floor. He had to venture into the forest and find a rare breed of plant monster, kill it and collect the medicine it dropped. After consulting with his information broker, he came to realize that the Nepents were all low level floor 1 monsters that would provide little resistance to the overpowered spear bearer. “I honestly don’t feel like soloing this… It will be way too boring.” The golden haired warrior said to himself as he raised his right hand. Activating his private message terminal he selected his guild master Mack, as well as the white haired Shirosu. Lawfer hadn’t quested with either of them at this point, and he wanted to get to know the two of them better. This provided the perfect opportunity.

‘Hey Guys. I caught wind of a super simple quest down here on the first floor. I know that its tedious, but would you two be interested in tagging along? I know the monsters down here are SUPER TUFF, so I figured I could us the back up? I’ll be down at the teleport gate. Just let me know.’

Hitting send, he closed his interface then ran his hand through his hair. As he stood there scratching the back of his head, Lawfer exhaled forcefully. “I hope they come. I’m starting to get tired of soloing everything.” He stated as he walked over to a bench and sat down. “Guess I’ll just have to wait and see.” He concluded, folding his arms across his chest, waiting to hear back from his guild-mates.

Edited by Lawfer

OOC: Lawfer, poke Shirosu again, just in case she forgot. :)

In a shimmer of blue light, Mack appeared in the teleportation portal located in the Portal Plaza on the first floor of Aincrad. Pulling the crimson hood, with its gold trim, up over his red haired head to obscure his face from any curious onlookers, the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades checked his map and began heading in the direction of Lawfer's marker within the Town of Beginnings. As the massive crimson garbed figure moved through the town NPC's and other players alike melted out of his path, not that Mack was an overly cruel person but he was still an imposing figure and most chose to avoid the notice of such a man. After a few minutes of travel by foot through the town, Mack came within sight of Lawfer and approached the blonde spear man. "Secret Medicine of the Forest? I'll tag along, need to do a bit of farming anyway."

Shirosu grinned when she saw Lawfers message, she had been thinking about setting some quest up with that particular guild mate, now here was the perfect opportunity. Closing up her shop and leaving the mournful face of Gin pressed against the window Shirosu took off down the street as fast as her little legs would go. As she neared the meeting point she saw her targets "Yo ho ho!" The silver haired lady said in greeting to the blonde Lawfer and Mack who were in the town square of the town of beginnings,"I hear were going to beat up a nepant? am i correct?, its kinds fun beating those suckers up, did it with opal not to long ago. " The nepant had actually been knida fun to throw round, and even funnier watching opal try to beat the nasty plant. 

It didn't take long before Lawfer caught a glimpse of the moving mountain that was Mack. It was very interesting to him that even though Mack was only an inch taller than himself, he commanded such a presence. The blonde spear man figured that if he had the muscular frame that he had it would probably have the same effect, but it was pointless for him to worry about it. Uncrossing his arms, he stood from the bench that he had taken up a short residence in. Lifting his right hand, he gestured a wave then placed it back at his side. "Thanks for coming out boss man! I figured that I better bring the big guns if I was planning on 1-hiting the little plants. Floor 1 sure it scary." He said with a sarcastic smile, followed by a short chuckle. "Now we just need to wai....." The golden haired warrior paused as he heard the greetings of the white haired woman.

"Well hello pretty one." He said as a smile came across his face, then he gestured another wave with his right hand. From the few times that he had met his guild mate, he had grown platonically fond of her. She helped him with making his lucky pants that he had needed in a mission prior, and the he would never forget that kind gesture. "Well.... Not going to lie... I really didn't need the back up, but I figured that we could all have some fun. I mean... not like the kind of fun you two had at Beoreson's party..." He paused for a moment as he glanced back and forth at the two. "But yeah... lets go have fun. " Opening his interface, he pulled up his map. "Well... since you two have already completed this thing would you mind leading until we get to the forest. I promise, I'll do all the heavy lifting." He said as he raised a brow.

"Shirosu and I both completed that quest with Opal. I didn't actually do any of the fighting so it was pretty easy for me," Mack said, lacing his fingers together and cracking all of his knuckles at the same time. The massive Grandmaster listened as Shirosu spoke and Lawfer explained the general plan. It all sounded good to Mack. He knew they'd be going into the forest and he could farm for crafting materials while Lawfer dealt with the nepents. Worst case scenarios, he and Shirosu could intervene to utterly destroy the little creatures. So, all said and done this was more of a milk run than being something that anyone actually needed to worry about in terms of being dangerous.

"Lead the way," Mack rumbled, gesturing with an open hand in the direction of the town's gates. "Like I said, I need to do some farming anyway. This is your party, so lead the way."

she was Curious to see how Lawfer did, she figured he was around the same level as her, maybe a little lower, so he shouldn't have any troubles trampling the ting, and heck, she might get to act like Mack and grab some mats seeing as she was trying to build her stock up. "If you need any help with the bugger just let me know!" she said with a grin ready for their departure into the woods to deal with some nasty plants, alway a fun time in the crimson blades. 

Lawfer looked back and forth at his two superiors. He had wanted them to lead the way, but Mack brought up the important fact that it was his quest and he should lead. inhaling slowly, he took a deep breath in. "Well then. We shall be known today as Team Alpha! Lets get going!" He said with excitement, as he raised his armored hand towards the sky while clinching his fist. It was his turn to lead and he would make sure that he didn't get trampled over by the silly beasts of floor 1. It took a little while, but the group had made it past the gates of starting city and made a B-Line straight to the tree line. A lot of thoughts began racing through his head, mainly trivial things but one stoke out that he had to ask the two. Turning his head over his right shoulder he looked back at his trailing team mates. "So.... I was curious about something..... I always see you two together. Are you too a thing? I mean it's awesome if you are... but I've been wondering that for awhile now and figured why not ask while we are out here." He asked with a grin on his face. The question had been lurking inside him for quite sometime now but he never got a chance to ask it until now. 

As he waited for their response, he looked forward once more. An illuminated stone had been laying on the ground on the side of the path. As he walked to the side of the trail, he kneeled down to pick it up. As he dusted the crystal off, he noticed multiple cracks across its surface. "Well that is garbage..." he stated as he stood up and threw the flawed material to the side. "So....?" he continued. Even if it got him in 'trouble' Lawfer was dying to know the answer.

Material Gathering

ID:32808 ID: 9 Fail

OOC: Shirosu… we’ve got to mess with his head. Agreed?

ID: 33068
LD: 5 (No Mat)

Mack followed the group out of the City of Beginnings, remaining largely silent as they moved through the fields and off in the direction of the forest. In all honesty, Mack had an ulterior motive for wanting Lawfer to lead. He knew that the blonde spearman was eager to make a name for himself and earn rank within the Crimson Blades. He also strongly suspected, from what he had seen in public on several occasions that the blonde man and Opal were an item. Which was wholly fine with the Guildmaster since, despite his shows to the contrary in public and her possession of the lady parts of infinite wisdom, he wasn’t interested in Opal at all. Still, if he suspected that Lawfer wasn’t a strong enough personality to both keep Opal in check and keep from being dominated by her, he would say something. Watching how Lawfer handled the party leadership would help to address those questions in an unobtrusive way.

When Lawfer, as party leader, indicated that they’d take a quick minute to try and harvest crafting material, Mack shrugged his shoulders. His stock was getting low, like most everyone in the guild honestly. He had just raised Invictus over his right shoulder to chop into the nearest tree when Lawfer popped the question he had on his mind. Luckily, Mack managed to complete his strike on the tree without losing his grip on the bearded axe, but it was a near thing. Whirling, he looked at Shirosu and then smirked. Maybe the silver-haired woman would play along.

“So, you’ve caught on to our secret,” Mack asked in a low tone, giving Shirosu the barest shadow of a wink. “I told you we were flaunting it too much, snuggle bunny,” Mack continued, tearing the axe free from the tree and crossing to stand closer to Shirosu as he held the axe over his left shoulder. “Someone was going to work out the secret sooner or later… now we’ll have to kill him,” the Grandmaster continued, slipping a massive arm around the woman’s waist, speaking all the while in a low and serious tone. “And he was so promising, too.”

OOC: But of course ;)

• ID:33204
  • LD: 7

Shirosu kicked a lonely looking tree when they stopped for a quick Mat huntting break, her foot rang solidly against the wood, but sadly noting fell from the branches above that would be of any use to her. When Lawfer asked if Mack and her were a thing she almost reacted, but sensing the most amazing mess with someone's head opportunity she managed to keep a straight face. No, they weren't a thing, she just happened to know Mack had a lot of free time to beat up monsters like she did and that just worked out well for the both of them, nothing personal. She had played the couple act on multiple occasions actually,with a certain Koumori, so this was nothing new to her, when she caught Macks hint of a wink she got excited, she loved messing with people. With a sad tsk she cocked her head and regarded Lawfer with an uncharacteristically cold expression. "Well, isn't this is an unfortunate slip up Honey" she said leaning into Mack convincingly when he wrapped his arm around her waist,she was totally going to ham up her part," It was bound to happen, but i didn't think it would be so soon, what a shame to kill him, like you said he was turning out to be very promising" With a sad sigh she unsheathed Eagle's Claw and looked up, keeping her face and eyes as expressionless as she could, not even a hit of her normal personality slipping through. 

As the three had descended deeper into the forest of floor 1, the tensions began to rise. It seemed that his burning curiosity about the two's pairing had quite the opposite effect that Lawfer deemed appropriate. Turning his head to look back at the two, they had become joined at the hip. It was quite comical, the guild leader Mack towered over the petite silver haired woman that had taken residence at his hip. Normally in a case such as this, most people would either deny the accusations but the two had actually agreed on it and were spitting out sweet little pet names for each other and had somehow managed to deem it necessary to  slay the golden haired spear bearer. "Well... that's just not fair." He said with his head cocked back over his shoulder. At this point, Lawfer was trying to figure out if they were being serious or not, he knew that Mack lacked the moral deficit to actually murder another player. But he wasn't too sure about the tiny silver haired woman, but he was positive that Mack would never let such a woman into the Blades.. "How about this then... Why don't you two kiss, and I'll happily let you drive your dagger through me Shirosu." He stated, calling an obvious bluff.

Hearing a large rustle in the bushes to the east, Lawfer diverted his attention from the murderous pair to what seemed like a more serious threat. A multitude of howls could be heard, each getting closer and closer with every second. "Well looks like you all will need to wait to kill me for a bit." The golden haired warrior stated as he grasped the handle of his Lawbreaker. As he slung it out of its harness and over the his right shoulder, he smiled. "I guess i'll take care of this guy. Your more than welcome to hop in." He stated casually as walked forward to draw the attention of the monster.

Lawfer sunk down in his stance, tracing his hands down the shaft of the spear until both sat upon the handle. The over sized halberd began to glow a crimson red, as he waited for the enormous wolf to pounce. "Come on, Come on." He said under his breath as the large wolf leapt towards him. "Gotcha!" he stated as he swung his spear horizontally. As his <<Trip Expand>> sword art activated, a cyclone of red energy erupted, spinning hims 360 degrees multiple times. Large wolf yelped as the spinning halberd sunk into it multiple times. Gaining its composure it lunged in on the now still warrior. Its large canines sunk into the golden haired warriors shoulder then released. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 60/61
Lawfer EP- 8/14
SA Used- Trip Expand- 6EP

Alpha Wolf HP- 14/45   [11 Mit] [6DMG]

ID: 33231
BD: 8= [7DMG]*6= 42DMG - 11MIT= 31DMG
MD: 10= [6DMG+2Crit]= 8DMG - 8MIT = 1DMG

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 33301
LD: 7 (No Loot)

“Do you see how he challenges our love, Sweetie,” Mack asked, sounding truly and deeply offended as Shirosu leaned into him when he wrapped his arm around her waist. “Even if we didn’t have to kill him for discovering our secret, now he must die for mocking our love.” The Grandmaster sighed deeply, but made no move to plant a kiss on Shirosu. After all, this was just a prank and he doubted the silver-haired woman would play along that far. In the same vein, Mack had no desire to actually make his fellow guildmate think that he was interested in her romantically when he wasn’t.

Before they could further continue the charade, however, a wolf made itself known and Lawfer leaped into battle to deal with the creature. Obviously, it didn’t present any kind of significant threat to the blonde man that was with them. All the more reason to continue the act with Shirosu. “Do you see how fortune smiles upon us, Sweetie? Kayaba has sent us a wolf to do our dirty work. I guess we won’t have to go orange to deal with the blasphemer after all.”

ID: 33606
LD: 10

Shirosu froze when he challenged them and sighed, she was not about to full on kiss Mack for a prank, she went far for pranks, but never that far. "What insulance" she said, in response to the challenge, but soon karma showed herself in the form of wolf,"Well then  guess that beast will do our dirty work of us" she watched with amusement as Lawfer fought the wolf, she knew he would have no issues with the hairy beast so she simply grinned like an absolute fool , still on Macks side, though she really didn't care, its was more of a destroyed monster partnership between them. "Go wolf! You got him!Kill the unbeliever" she encouraged the slobbering monster in the way a soccer mom would her son

As Lawfer listened to the two babbling guild mates of his he couldn't help but laugh. He was absolutely certain at this point, but he had bigger fish to fry at the moment and would return to the not so believing charade later. Raising his Lawbreaker once more, it glowed crimson. With a powerful leap forward, he released his <<Fatal Thrust>> skill. His Halberd flew down at the large wolf, tearing into its neck then it shattered into blue pixels. As his loot screen lit up he turned to the two bad actors. "Well.. It looks like Kayaba isn't on your side after all." He paused fro a moment to let them reflect on their charade. "So like I was saying before. I do believe that a kiss is in order, otherwise you can just call this whole act off. I kinda wish it was true though... You too are perfectly crazy together." He said with a tremendous laugh. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 60/61
Lawfer EP- 6/14
SA Used- Fatal Thrust- 3EP

Alpha Wolf HP- 0/45   [11 Mit] [6DMG]

ID: 33619
BD: 10= [7+2DMG]*3=27-11=16DMG
MD: 6
LD: 17+2=19   +225 col, +1 Material

OOC: Shirosu, let me know if this works for you or not. I'm happy to edit if you're against it.

Fine, if that was the way Lawfer wanted to play then two could play that game. "Do you see, Sweetie the way he continued to mock our love," Mack asked in a morose tone as he swept Shirosu off the ground and into his arms. "Play along," he hissed, twisting so that his broad back was to Lawfer and speaking so low that only Shirosu would hear him. Mack then proceeded to thoroughly pantomime kissing the silver-haired girl even though his lips never touched her's trusting that Shirosu would play her part convincingly. After a few seconds he twisted back around and set her down on the ground once more. "There we go, now Sweetie... being the gentleman that I am, I'll let you have first crack at this man that would mock our truest love."

Shirosu all but squeaked when she was swept into Mack's arms by surprise, her mess of silver hair trailing her body as she went upwards. When he hissed to play along she nodded and after he mimed the kiss she reached up and quickly plucked a little kiss on Macks cheek for good measure. She hoped this work into fooling Lawer, either way the effort had been fun so she was curious to see the outcome. Once on her feet again Shirosu grinned sadistically at Lawfer and asked," So, about the driving my dagger into you thing, may i do that now?" she asked referring to what lawfer had mentioned earlier, this was quite the interesting fiasco. 

Lawfer was quite amused by the misdirection of the two. It was quite convincing, if It wasn't for the fact that Mack turned his back to the spear bearer he would have believed it. "You're right I did say that." The golden haired warrior stated as he raised his right arm and opened his interface. Scrolling through his inventory he removed his armor. As the steel heavy that protected his vital organs disappeared he raised both his arms to welcome the blade. "Strike true little Shirosu." He stated with an overly exaggerated frown as he walked towards the 'couple'. "This miserable sinner deserves to die a dogs death" He paused for dramatic effect. "I mocked your love now strike me down with your dagger of pointyness!"

<<energy regen +1>>

"Wait," Mack rumbled, laying a massive hand on Shirosu's shoulder for a moment to stay her blade. "Maybe this is exactly what he wants. Perhaps, if we strike him down he will become more powerful than we can imagine. Like Griselda's ghost," Mack continued, rubbing his chin thoughtfully for a moment before making up his mind. "No, it would be better for him to live forever with the shame of knowing he had doubted the truest of true loves that the world of Aincrad has ever or will ever know. Shun the blasphemer... shun."