[PP-F2] Quelling the Darkness (Persephone) <<Let There Be Light>>

Ssendom made his trek throughout the second floor, he had distanced himself from his friends and even his guild for a period of time. Something irritated him very deep within' himself, along side the type of person he is. He couldn't share what was frustrating him deep inside with another.

During his stroll through the floor he noticed an NPC he had seen once before but forgot to interact with it the previous time. Having known that many players frequent this NPC for a particular quest. A lot of low level players had accepted and come out unscathed, he simply shrugged and decided to head on to the poor woman. With the thought streaming through his head that he had been one of the first three to successfully scout the eleventh floor he felt rather confident in his capabilities to do so.

Upon reaching a certain distance from the NPC, it caused her to look at him and rush forward to plead to him for assistance. "Oh please sir! I need your assistance desperately! My child was playing near the caves to the north and ventured too far in. A few giant bats grabbed her and yanked her inside and I cannot bear to think of what has happened to her!" She finished as she reached him, his face was cold as it was almost obvious something was scratching at him on the inside. The black bags under his eyes displayed his inability to achieve sleep at all. He simply nodded at her and continued walking forward accepting the quest on his HUD as it appeared.

Lisa had been exploring the second floor. She had not yet been anywhere and decided that she was going to be very brave and check things out. The young woman wandered through the village, and when that got boring, so she followed a path that lead away from town and into the wilderness.  As she wandered along she found a very large tincan talking to a small woman. Curious as to what he was doing, the young woman bounced over and decided to see for herself. She didn’t even consider that he might not be friendly.

She approached wearily until she saw that he was accepting a quest. “Oh!” She said as she smiled at the man, “ Are you accepting a quest here? …Ummm… Could I tag along?  I won’t be of much help, but I’ll try not to die!” She said with a wide smile upon her pretty face. 

Ssendom turned his head downward toward the girl clad in metallic gray with copper accents that came to his side asking to tag along in the quest he had just accepted, he simply shrugged then nodded not saying much else. He turned his head back to his path, but not before the woman could have a chance at reading his face. He felt a slight bit of annoyance staring forward for the impending questions that would be asked of him.

He slowly twisted his neck horizontally to crack his neck, afterwards he turned his neck the other way to slightly prepare himself for battle. But after seeing the quest details he wasn't worried in the slightest about having a low level with him. He knew he would be able to protect her without issue. He kept his attention forward and anticipated the questions that might ensue.

The man turned and looked at her. He looked in bad off shape which made the young woman frown. His face was handsome to be sure, but he looked worn down, even exhausted, so much so that she was tempted to ask if he was alright, even offer him her lap so he could rest his head and have a nap. However, in this situation she wasn’t sure that would fly. Instead she opened up her HUD and also accepted the NPC’s quest.

“My name is Persephone.” The young woman said as she smiled softly at the good looking man in the tincan. 

The woman's voice was soothing to the ear, it sort of relaxed him almost. He slowly began to realize how much he had honestly missed human interaction after his month and a half of solitude. His shoulders dropped a bit without him realizing him he felt more comfortable in the presence of another player. Regardless of him knowing the person.

After a moment of longer of walking, "Nice to meet you... The name is Ssendom." He spoke beyond his control. His mind seemed to stop wandering for a moment and just took over for his mouth which hadn't been opened except to bite into some food. His voice sounded rugged as if he hadn't been taking care of himself at all with food and water except for the minimal amount to keep from dying of starvation. He didn't even know if it was possible, but the pain in his stomach tortured him until he ate at times.

The man finally spoke and gave her his name. This caused Lisa’s face to light up and smile brightly. “It’s very nice to meet you Ssendom.” She said. The corners of her chocolate brown almond shaped eyes crinkled as she felt better that he would speak to her. He looked haggard and his voice was a little hoarse, as if it hadn’t been used in sometime. “I’m glad I ran into you… I was looking for something to do, but I could never have taken this on my own. Whatever treasure or materials we find, you can keep them.” She said, “I mean I doubt I’ll be of much help and you helping me build my skills is reward enough.”Lisa offered. There was nothing else she could give him as she had so little as payment for his assistance. 

Ssendom slightly turned his head to look at the woman, "Please... Dom is quite enough." He said in a sort of soothing tone even through his rugged hoarse voice. Ssendom opened his inventory to inspect everything he had, "To be quite frank, there is nothing these bats drop that I require so please keep the reward. And you'll be plenty of help, I just know it." He reassured her so she didn't feel like she was dragging him down or not pulling her own weight. He continued his brisk pace as he withdrew a water from his inventory before putting the HUD away after which he began to drink the water to sooth the scratchiness in his voice.

“Dom it is then,” she said still smiling.

Dom was a kind man even in his sad condition. He told her that the bats could give him nothing he would need and so she was free to collect anything they dropped. “Really? That is most appreciated!” She said rather excitedly. Now that was promising. It meant that she would have more supplies to craft with, and even opportunities for better gear. As it stood her gear now was rather nice, but she would like something that would offer her a bit more protection from mobs.  Opening his inventory, he took out some water and began to drink. She in turn opened her as well and pulled some bread. She held it out to him in both hands. “You should eat,” Lisa moved in closer as she held the food out to him. “It’s not much but you honestly look like you could use even a little something.” It probably wasn’t very nice of her to say, but he probably didn’t know how bad off he looked.

He looked at her as she tried to offer him bread with a strange look, then respectfully declined the offer of bread. "No worries, I'll be fine." He assured her. He didn't know if it was enough to dissaude her from a continuance of offering but he would stand firm in his decision in it. After a few more minutes of walking they had reached the entrance of the cave. "It is rather dark in there-" He stated as his eyes changed from their piercing red to a glowing green with his Night Vision taking over. "Just stay close to me and we shouldn't have any problems dealing with these over grown bats." He directed her.

Lisa grimaced as Dom rejected her offering. The young woman nodded and put the bread back nit oher inventory. “Fine,” she replied, “But once we’re done here… I’m buying you dinner, and you don’t get to say no. We’ll have some food and a lot of drinks… preferably with strong liquor in them,” she said with a firm nod. He could not refuse this offer even if he wanted to because she would just follow him around and bother him till her did.

Dom located the cave they needed to find and Lisa kept close like she was told. The dark was more than her eyes could adjust to, and so she placed her hand against his back so she wouldn’t lose him in the near pitch black environment. Were they going to have to fight like this… in complete darkness? That would put the young woman at a severe handicap for sure, and her skills were already less than exemplary.  

Ssendom listened to her mention about them having dinner together, he wasn't all too much interested in having dinner to be completely honest. Until the mention of hard liquor which peaked his interest, if Ssendom had a weak spot anyone in his persona... it was his love of drinking. But still he wanted to decline nonetheless, then as he looked her in the face to politely say no he got the feeling from her demeanor that in some way shape or form he was going to have to accept, so it was better to do so earlier than later. "Alright then, I'll go to Dinner and share drinks with you on the condition that I pay for it all." And much like her in her efforts to get him to go to dinner, he wouldn't let her pay even if she had more col than he. He was too gentlemanly to let her do so.

As they started walking through the Darkness of the caves, "You needn't worry about the dark, just keep your focus keen, these bats really won't even stand much of a chance. Trust in yourself and let the system guide your hands, and everything will be fine." He attempted to reassure her when he noticed her squinting in the darkness to see if she could adjust to the darkness quicker.

Dom’s words perked Lisa’s confidence. “You’re right,” she sighed she took a deep breath. “I shall try my best .” she steadied her resolve.  From the darkness there was some sort of cry, a whimper really, like a small child. “Did you hear that?” She asked Dom, her senses perking up in the pitch black of the cave. “I think we’re getting closer.”  The cry was louder this time causing Lisa’s gut to wretch. Even though the child was just an NPC, she needed to go save it. Being lost and alone in the dark with giant bat monsters did not sound like a picnic. 

Ssendom followed Persephone as she seemed to walk in the direction of the sound, he helping guide her with his night vision so she wouldn't bang into any walls. After a short while they came across a small girl whimpering in the corner of a room as she kept saying, "Save me" While tears stream down her face. Ssendom placed his arm in front of Persephone to stop her in her tracks. "Let me go first." He whispered to her. As he stepped forward into the room both bats screeched and flew down from their upside down perch. They placed themselves in between Ssendom and the Kid, as they were asserting their dominance. Ssendom slowly withdrew his Two-Handed Greatsword, the sword was singing in a way as it was dragged up against his armor stopping it just before it came completely off his shoulder.

Lisa took the lead, but felt Dom’s hand upon her shoulder guiding her through the darkness to keep her from harm’s way. She was glad to have such a handy man with her, especially at her back, where she was most vulnerable.  The cries grew louder and louder until they came to a cavern. Off not too far the child cried out to help and without thinking Lisa was about to charge in. A solid hand grabbed her shoulder and Dom said he would be taking the lead from here. The young woman nodded her head, knowing Dom could see her in the near black of the cave. It was about then that the bats appeared and the large man pulled his enormous sword from his back. The corners of Lisa’s mouth gently curled up into a smile as she waited to see the outcome of Dom using his great weapon against the creatures. 

Ssendom subtly spun the blade a small amount so the blade side was aimed at the ground and the point of the blade out to his right, then the room began to illuminate by his sword skill activating. The black aura glowed so bright it was possible for those who didn't have Night Vision to see, He lifted his blade up over his head then dashed forward swiftly. After reaching face to face with the two bats he swung his blade hitting each of them three times, after which he slammed the ground which the bats fell upon causing them to get knocked up in the air uncontrollably. Immediately the bats exploded into thousands of data fragments, Ssendom picked the girl up gently and let her grab around him as if she were his older brother. "Alright we can get out of here now, thank you for helping me find her Persephone." He stated with a very positive tone.

ID: 32970

BD: 10 + 3 = (8 + 2 Crit) x 6 = 60 AOE.

LD: 4 + 1 = 5 (Two Materials)

Edited by Ssendom

Ssendom was a beast... a sexy, sexy beast! He attacked using his rather impressive double handed sword, and the attack he used emitted a light from the weapon that gave her opportunity to see exactly what he had done. The blade hit both beasts with amazing force and he obliterated the creatures in one massive swing.

“That was AMAZING!” She squealed as soon as the mobs were dusted.

“I can’t believe you smashed them up like that in one go!” While she gushed over the awesome that was Dom, the man scooped up the child and began to carry her off.  He came back to Lisa’s side and thanked her for her assistance.  “I just followed her cries… you kept me from walking into walls, “ she laughed.” Thank you for letting me tag along with you. That was amazing to see. I quite enjoyed the show.” Lisa thanked the man in return. 

Edited by Persephone

Ssendom places the two materials in the hand of Persephone then turns her around with his hand and guides her back out of the cave. Persephone was gushing over the impressive feat that Ssendom had done but he merely shrugged, "It wasn't much. I knew I could handle the two bats without problem. And thank you for the company for the walking. Anyways it would have taken longer had it just been me or had just been yourself, so you could say it was a team effort." He stated laughing to try and move from the topic of thanking the other. It could be sort of noticeable that he wasn't all that into bring praised, he seemed like he had a job to do and did it kind of guy.

Dom brought Lisa the materials and placed them in her hands just like he had promised her he would. “Thank you,” she said as she added the items to her inventory without checking to see what they were. It didn’t matter really, they could be sold If need be. They began to walk toward the exit and continued to talk as they went along. The pretty brunette was glad that the cave was dark as Dom’s kind words were enough to make her cheeks flush hot pink. She knew he was only being kind but his words were just too flattering. “Fair enough,” she agreed and giggled.  After a few minutes the exited the cave and were on their way to return the child to its mother.

“This is a rather terrible quest…” she said aloud. “I know they’re just NPC’s but still… could you imagine begin lost and alone like that?” 

The bright light of the descending sun caused Ssendom to shield his eyes as the Night Vision hadn't deactivated yet due to still standing in the cave, "Damn, I hate it when a skill won't deactivate till you reach a certain thresh-hold for dungeons." Ssendom complained, He then heard her mention about the quest being a terrible and being in the shoes of the NPC they had saved. "To be completely truthful I know exactly how that feels. But the only thing that matters is that the child is safe now, and that we;re about to complete the quest." He noted as they were already half way to the lady, the little girl began snoozing upon his shoulder plate causing Ssendom to smile sincerely. "Even if they are just NPC, they still bring a good feeling that you can't get while sitting in a chair staring at a screen." He said in a genuine tone.

Dom shielded his eyes from the light until his skill deactivated. “That must really suck,” Lisa commented as she looked at the discomfort upon his face. All was well in a couple of moments and they were traveling swiftly along. Dom had made mention of knowing the lost child’s predicament first hand and the young woman grimaced. “I’m so sorry…” was all she could find to say. She wouldn’t wish that sort of thing on anyone, not even her worst enemy. The child had fallen asleep in Dom’s arms causing her to smile and her travel companion spoke about how good it felt helping them this way versus playing behind a screen. “I wouldn’t know… I have never gamed until now, but this is certainly rewarding… even if the quest has to reset and she has to be lost again.”