[PP-F4] Feeding a Meativore (Flints) - Complete!

Endilix had been standing behind his bar cleaning the various glasses and dishes for about the 10th time as he waited for Flints to wake up from the ordeal she had had the night before. Between almost dying and all the other emotions, it had been a long night for all of them. He was standing there like the stereotypical cartoon bartender, just endlessly cleaning the same glass as he watched the woman sleep.

I don't want to just wake her up and kick her out... Maybe I should make breakfast? It'd be a good test of my newfound cooking skills. Endilix thought about that and decided it was better than eternally cleaning the same glass. He put the glass on the shelf, and headed back to his kitchen with a whistle as he put on some bacon and eggs to start. Everyone loves bacon, at least.

Edited by Endilix

Aches and pains filled her dreams to the point where peaceful slumber was more of a joke than a reality, her body felt heavy and sore, with every breath a sharp pain shot through her chest till finally her dreams became clouded with one of the last things she fully remembered other than Endilix's eyes; Emerath busting with unrivaled speed towards her and nailing her in the chest, shattering bone. Her dreams replayed his actions she felt the painful crack again she awoke in a distraught state and quickly ripped her shirt off in attempt to calm the fire she assumed was bursting from inside her body she howled in pain till finally her vision focused. And a familiar scent filled her nose. 

"Bacon." 

Flints looked up from the couch she didn't recognize and glanced around the bar, her eyes taking in the new surroundings. But most importantly the smell of bacon. Then her eyes finished focusing and she realized Endilix was on the other side of the bar. 

Cooking Breakfast

• ID: 32566
  • CD: 11 (Nearly perfect breakfast) [Purely an RP Flavor Roll]

Endilix had just finished placing some plates down on the bar, along with a veritable banquet of bacon, steak, and eggs. The smell alone just about knocked Endilix off his feet. He had no idea how much this woman could eat, and so he had made sure to make plenty for the both of them, and perhaps his brother if he came over.

He had just turned around to grab a couple of glasses to fill them with drinks when he heard Flints wake up behind him with a cry. Endilix whirled around just in time to see her rip her shirt apart. Endilix immediately went red as he tried not to stare, but ended up doing so anyway. Despite that the wounds would have healed thanks to the in game regen system, it appeared that Flints was still in pain. Although that was probably mental at this point. Nearly dying and having a few ribs broken could do that he supposed. Endilix didn't really think about that though. He was a bit more focused on something else. "Uh." he finally stammered, "Good morning! I made breakfast!" 

Endilix quickly caught his composure and then ran into the kitchen to grab a spare apron, before throwing it to Flints over the bar. "Um, that'll do. For now. Until I can find an actual shirt..."

Edited by Endilix

Flints starred at Endilix puzzled for a few seconds as to why he was acting strange and when he threw the apron towards her she caught it and starred at it before getting up and tying it onto him then pranced over to where the delicious smell was coming from. she sat herself by the counter and starred at the food longingly, she didn't know how starving she was till she was presented with food. her eyes darted wildly from the plates then up at Endilix licking her lips as she begged, "please tell me some of this is for me! 

Endilix was a bit surprised when Flints had ended up tying the apron around him. Even more so considering he was already wearing one. Meaning he was now wearing two. He frowned and untied one and held it back out to Flints, trying his best not to stare at the wrong location. "Flints, your shirt. You should put this on until I can find you one that is intact." Endilix's redness hadn't really faded considering the circumstances. He gave a sigh as the woman asked about the food, and he said, "Yes, the food is for both of us. I'm not mean enough to cook and then not let you have any."

Flints looked at his extended arm that wielded the apron. She snorted and tied it onto herself tightly. And looked back up at Endilix motioning at her frame, "Does this please thee?" She laughed and took a small plate, but despite its size she filled it with bacon and steak and a small amount of eggs. "Food fit for a warrior!" She giggled and was about to eat but then stopped short and blushed. "are you sick? You've looked flustered all morning!" She quickly reached over and pressed the back of her hand against his forehead. And waited a little before removing it. "Nope! No fever." She began to eat slowly whilst kicking her feet back and forth on the stool, her height not allowing her to touch the ground. "You didn't tell me you could cook! I have to say it's a pleasant surprise!" 

Endilix was so incredibly confused by all that was going on right now. Ever since waking up, Flints had been a whirlwind of activity. He supposed that the pain was, in fact, just mental, and now that food was in front of her that was all she cared about. He looked her over with the apron on, his blush finally fading away now that the reveal had been safely put back behind the curtains. He gave a light sigh as Flints put a hand on his forehead to check for a fever. He knew he didn't have one. He wasn't even sure if you could get sick in this game. He thought it unlikely considering everything was damage based. Poison, an actual sickness would just be a debuff that makes you lose HP. A cold probably wouldn't be much more different. Or it'd be a debuff to make you useless in combat. Endilix shrugged.

He had noticed that he had gotten a bit lost in thought as Flints greedily ate the food placed in front of her. Finally Endilix answered, "No, I'm not sick. You just weren't wearing a shirt for a moment there. That's admittedly very... distracting," he said, the blush creeping back, though not as bad. "And yes, I could've sworn I had mentioned that I had chosen to be a cook in this game. Though it may have slipped my mind. Sorry about that," he finished.

Flints listened to Endilix tell her about how her not wearing a shirt was distracting. She shifted her shoulders that were still bare and winced a little at the feeling of her chest aching. She hoped the dream didn't haunt her for long, but oddly enough fighting regen made it more painful. She didn't quite fully understand what was happening but she planned on not telling either of the brothers about it. It was her problem not theirs. 

"Well maybe you did mention it, a lot happened recently my mind is a little scattered..I apologize.." She sighed. And pushed her plate away still semi full. Her mind kept wondering to the sharp pains that restricted her breathing. It was odd indeed. She looked up at Endilix and just starred at him, unsure of what to say. "Thank you for the food! What other cool tricks do you have up your sleeve?" She giggled and picked at the rest of the meal. 

Endilix watched the woman while realizing that he hadn't actually eaten himself, and the food was starting to get a bit cold. Though to be honest, Endilix wasn't actually even all that hungry. At least most of the food seemed to have been eaten, as Flints had taken the lion's share of it and gobbled it up. Which was fine, that was what he cooked it for. Endilix grabbed some bacon and considered Flints for a moment as he munched on it. Finally he said, "I dunno about tricks. But while you were sleeping I went and did some shopping with a nearby blacksmith this morning. I got myself a whole new set of gear and everything." Endilix was very excited about the purchases he had made. It was simple enchanted armor and weaponry, but it was better than the starter gear for sure.

As soon as he had mentioned it, Endilix turned and took off his apron, and hung it on a nearby peg, before opening up his equipment tab and equipping the new gear he had gotten. In a flash of light, sturdy heavy armor, a solid shield, and a well-balanced warhammer appeared on his body. Endilix turned back to Flints, and raised his arms and did a bit of showing off of the gear. And then once he was done showboating he opened his inventory and pulled out the basic clothes he had been wearing. He handed them, folded neatly having just come from the inventory, to Flints. "Here you go, to make up for the torn shirt. I have armor now so I don't need them anymore."

Flints watched as Endilix fumbled through his inventory, she couldn't help but stare past it at him and wonder what he was up to, before she could ask he equipped heavy armor that bounded onto him quickly and finally his hammer appeared. Her eyes grew wide at the sight and instantly she reached out and touched the armor gently gliding her fingers over it before glaring at his hammer. For once she didn't [censored] it from him but looked back up at him and smiled "well now looks like someone got big boy armor!" When he handed her the clothes she took off the apron and put on his shirt whilst talking to him "so I guess that means I should probably start working on getting myself armor as well! Can't  be naked all the time" she laughed she once again motioned at herself to show she was now clothed. "I guess I'll keep your pants as well incase I lose mine!" She giggled and winked at Endilix before putting it away in her inventory. She tried her hardest to push the memories of her dreams far away in her mind as she started to pick at the food again, specifically the bacon and glanced around the bar. "This place is nice..I like it! Maybe now we can get really drunk and talk about our day to eachother" she knew it was far to early to drink but the idea of having somewhere to go in a place like the made her feel a little safer. 

Endilix had appreciated the compliment that Flints had given him on all accounts. At least, he thought the comment about his armor was a compliment. It was hard to tell with the woman. He shrugged that one off though and nodded at her thinking it was a nice place. "Thank you," he said simply, as he walked around from behind the bar, "though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure that I should be getting drunk in my own bar. I'm supposed to be the one serving the drinks, and if I'm drunk I can't do that very well, I would think!" At least, that's how Endilix imagined it would work. Though, for science, Endilix might just have to get drunk and try serving his friends drinks once he had skilled up a bit in the art of cooking. He shrugged and followed up with, "What kind of armor would you be looking for anyway? I would take you for a light armor type. You seem to like the evasive nature. Fast and true, not slow and bulky like me."

Flints watched Endilix carefully and when he started to talk about not getting drunk on the job she sighed. "Well you're no fun! But I guess it would be best not to get drunk on duty" she looked down and frowned when he started to talk about armor choices. "Well actually. I was thinking about getting heavy armor as well. My speed is just for show. It's of no use for me here though." She motioned out in the air then pushed the plate of mostly eaten food out of the way. "I dream of being on the frontlines defending hoards of people I do not know, of getting pms from players I've never met, asking me for protection. Maybe even sticking to a constant team. Or having a constant party member. Someone I can rely on and know that they rely on me just as much. I guess you can say a mate.. But alas here I am..weak and..well.." She laid her head against the table. And laughed at foolishness. Not bothering to finish her sentence.

Endilix looked at Flints curiously. "I wouldn't have taken you for someone who would want to be contacted by tons of people. I suppose being a protector is a noble goal. I can't say it isn't, because then I'd be a hypocrite!" Endilix smiled at her, "I plan on protecting everyone. Especially my brother." Endilix got somber for a moment, "I have a mate in him. I feel like I shouldn't though. If I had gotten home just a little later... or paid attention to the news. I wouldn't be here. I'd be protecting him from whatever is happening to us in the real world. I'd be taking care of him outside the game. But then I suppose knowing what I do now, maybe it's better that I'm able to protect him here."

Endilix shrugged and sat down next to Flints, his armor clanking about, "Though, maybe it wouldn't have been as bad. Perhaps he would've met you anyway, and you could've protected him in my place. Goodness knows he needs someone. That man would crumple up like a wet paper bag if he was alone. Despite it all, I think that's why he keeps me at home with him, even though I have a crummy job and can't pay much of the bills." Endilix turned to her with a smile, "You'll always have the brothers Endilix around to keep you company, at least. If you need someone to protect, protect us. Especially from ourselves!" Endilix gave a hearty laugh at the last bit.

Flints kept her head against the table thinking about how her usual demeanor was probably off putting. But she couldn't help it, at this point she knew she wasn't strong enough yet to feel safe. She sighed at her silent battle but listened carefully to Endilix's Nobel cause and how much he truely cared for his brother. It was sweet. She giggled when Endilix considered Emerath his mate. She reached out and laid her hand against his shoulder and looked up at him though her eyes looked distant, as if she was viewing the unseen. "By mate I meant someone you're intimately involved with, in a game like this..you don't really know what's ahead of you. If you're going to live or die..or even make out to the real world again. So, why not live and love? It sounds silly but, I think it would certainly take the edge off, having to watch your own back is a pain, you have Emerath, but I don't have anyone to watch my back." She laughed a little at her own pity. "Eh it is a silly thought. But I feel like I'd fight harder knowing I had someone to go home to." She made little air quotes when she said "home" knowing she didn't even have anywhere to call home yet. Not even a shop like Emerath and Endilix. She was constantly roaming Aincrad, day and night only sleeping when she really needed to. "So many unnecessary thoughts today!" She laughed.  "And thanks. You guys are great. I don't think I can prevent you two from killing eachother, but I do know who I'm putting my money on!" She the. Remembered she had her hand on Endilix and quickly withdrew it. 

It was odd. Despite that Emerath was wearing heavy plate, he still felt the warmth of Flints' touch, despite that he couldn't feel the touch itself. He grabbed a drink of the orange juice on the bar and gave a sigh, "I knew what you meant when I said mate. But at this point, I feel like him and I are the best either are going to get, without the intimate involvement, of course." Endilix swirled the juice in the glass as he stared at it, "All we've ever had to come home to is each other. I have my acquaintances, and the occasional woman that I've brought home. He has his success, his books, his classes and money. I don't think I've ever seen him with a woman, to be honest. The only constant is each other." He took another swig of the juice and looked over at Flints, a sad smile playing across his face. "You'll find a home, and someone to share it with. We could be here a very long time. I understand the need to settle down. I just don't know if I'm the kind of person who can do that."

She stared at Endilix and frowned for a second but quickly smiled again trying to cover her inner turmoil. "Well I see, I mean even if it was intimate, I'd ship it!" She laughed and listened to Endilix talk about how withdrawn Emerath was. "Well I guess you can't really have everything now can you? Poor thing. I'm sure hes a little pent up then. She giggles and quickly shooed the thought from her mind. "Maybe you've been chasing the wrong women. But if you don't have the intention to keep someone I guess that's a good thing" she starred curiously at the orange Juice and pondered the thought of stronger drinks but it soon passed. "Yeah..I guess to each their own then..?" She was taken back by Endilix preferring not to settle, but the way she saw it, it sounded like he wasn't the type to stay with one woman long.  

Endilix was a bit disgusted by the thought of him and his brother being intimate, but he let that pass without letting Flints know his feelings on the matter. He sighed as he finished the glass of orange juice and put it down on the bar. "Emerath could have everything. If he just cared enough to look for it. He's funny, sweet, he just doesn't know how to talk to people. He's shy, and he has fits of anger sometimes. But that's just who he is. I don't think he's pent up. I just think he learned not to care." Endilix filled up the glass with more orange juice, but didn't take a drink as he continue, "It isn't so much that I'm looking for the wrong women. I'm not looking at all. I just end up with one for a night or something because I'm at a party or something. I usually regret it. I don't really get to know women. I don't really get to know guys either. I guess I'm that social butterfly that has hundreds of acquaintances but no true friends. Nobody except my brother, and Teion. And now you, for as long as we're in the game. Or at least as long as you're willing to tolerate me and him."

"Emerath could have everything but is far too worried about not having everything that he doesn't stop to appreciate the things he does have. But that's just my opinion." She looked down as Endilix talked about distancing himself from others and it reminded her of herself. But she wasn't much of a social butterfly. "And well i do adore you two, and I'm also not strong enough to kill either of you so here I am!" flints waved her arms and laughed when she realized she was still in Endilix's shirt. "Should probably try to find myself proper clothing though, at least untill I can get some armor!"

Endilix looked over at the woman, not really sure what to think. He agreed with one point, "Emerath certainly doesn't realize what he has. It's unfortunate. He has so much." The next line she gave was mixed, he wasn't sure how to take the last bit, "Why would you want to kill us? That doesn't make any sense. We're here to help you. And if you adore us, that line would make even less sense." He sighed and said, "Well, if you want proper clothes, then it's probably best to not rip the ones you have." He gave a chuckle and stood up, "Too bad for you I'm a cook and not a tailor. You haven't had anything to drink, by the way. Would you like something?"

"He's a confusing human. But I intend on figuring him out..eventually." She cocked her head slightly and forgot in the commotion of the past few days that Endilix probably didn't realize she was joking, one of the many joys of having a terribly dark sense of humor. "I didn't mean I wanted to kill you both, it was just sort of a defensive thing I joke about when I start to.." She felt redness creep upon her cheeks and she shook her head to quickly dispell her feelings. "Not now Flints, you idiot" she thought to herself. She didn't like the situation she dug herself into so quickly she threw out whatever terrible mess her brain conjured up. "I promise I won't rip them up if you do it for m-" she shutup again quickly before looking down, biting her lip and cursing herself under her breath. She was a trainwreck. "Uh..yeah..whatever you feel like making me is fine." She didn't meet his gaze this time.