[F1+4 PP] Miriko Recruit Training - The Crimson Blades Guild

The winter wonderland of floor 4 was snowing today, very heavily, on this particular day. A short brunette trudged through the snow. Miriko let out a breath. She was nervous. It was usual that Miriko was nervous. It was in her nature. But her anxiety had shot up today, but it wasnt just nervousness Miriko was feeling, She could also feel the excitement. A few weeks ago, While talking to Vasth, He had mentioned the guild 'The Crimson Blades', were accepting new members. Miriko was very interested and decided to approach this guild to see if she could join. That is why Miriko is here now, on floor 4, To see the infamous guild master, Mack. I wonder if I'm good enough. Miriko thought as she walked in the direction of Mack's shop and Crimson Blades HQ. She pulled her coat closer to her body and continued her journey

After a couple of more minutes of snow, Miriko reached what seemed to be a tent fixated on the edge of town. She stopped and hesitated before entering. Is this a good idea? Mabey I should leave while I can. Miriko shook her head and wiped her head of those thoughts. Anxiety was not going to get the better of her today. Miriko slowly entered the tent to find large masculine red haired man. Ahhh so this must be Mack. She walked up to the man. "Uhhhh Hello. Are you the Crimsom Blade Leader Mack? I was wondering if you are still accepting members, I would love to join your guild." While she said this, Miriko fiddled around with the red scarf that was hanging loosely around the girls neck. "Oh by the way, My name is Miriko" Miriko smiled and held out her hand for the man to shake. 

OOC: Miriko, I’ve got a few extra crafts that need to be submitted. As a new Guild Member, let me know what you want for a weapon and a shield and I’ll get them submitted to give to you while we’re in thread. I have two rares I can give you, each can have two enhancements. Let me know what weapon and shield bonuses you want and I’ll get ‘em done.

At the sound of the tent flap opening and, more importantly, a female voice are tiny roaring call to arms was sounded by the smallest denizen of the Wandering Forge. Within a few seconds of Miriko announcing herself, Chewie the grizzly cub, came rambling around the edge of the forge, barely keeping his feet beneath him as he tore beneath one of the display tables and came to a screeching halt at the woman’s side. Girls were always more likely to give him treats, he had cottoned on to that little fact rather quickly. Popping up on his hind legs, the bear began to swat at one of Miriko’s legs with his right paw while, with his left, he pointed to his open mouth. The meaning was abundantly clear.

“Yes, I’m Mack, Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades and we are now, as are we ever, accepting most anyone that would seek to join our ranks,” the enormous ginger-headed man said in a deep booming voice, completely ignoring the antics of his familiar. Chewie was going to do what Chewie was going to do and there was little point in trying to get the beast not to beg for handouts. “We’d be happy to accept you into our ranks,” the blacksmith said appraisingly, considering the woman, girl really, from head to toe standing before him.

“Meet me in the Portal Plaza in City of Beginnings on the First Floor in forty-five minutes. We will officially enroll you as a Crimson Blade at that time and we’ll complete your recruitment trial,” Mack said after a moment’s consideration. “Also, contact Vasth and have him meet us as well. I seem to remember hearing that his girlfriend was named Miriko and, unless I miss my guess, you’re her. Let’s have him tag along.” Mack turned his grey eyes back on his familiar.

“Chewie, forge!” the massive man snapped. With one last pitiful look at Miriko, the bear retreated to his straw mat by the forge. “I’ll see you in forty-five minutes.”

OOC: I dont know where to put the shield and sword form thing so im just going to put it here:

Name: Fallen Dawn

Item-Type: One Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: +1 Damage, +1 Accuracy

Description: A light straight sword with a strong yellow blade. The handle is a dark navy blue with leather wrapped around the hilt. 

Name: Ivy Flame

Item-Type: Round Shield

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: +1 Damage Mitigation, +1 Thorns

Description: A strong round shield, made out of light steel. The shield is tinted with a flame colour. 

"Yes Mack, Meet you down on floor 1 in 30 mins. Got it. I like your familiar by the way. Its so cute." Miriko giggled, waved her goodbye and turned to exit the warm tent. She was hit with a blow of cold air. I can't wait to get down to floor 1. I don't mind the snow but sometimes it can get annoying. She pulled her red scarf up so her mouth and nose were covered, and again trudged through the snow.

After Miriko teleported down to floor 1, she changed her clothes to suit the weather. The weather on floor 1 was a complete opposite to floor 4, with the sun warming the land, not a touch of snow insight. Miriko loved this type of weather. She found a cozy inn to sit at and opened her menu to message Vasth:

Hey, Mack wants you to tag along on my recruitment training. Meet us on floor 1, at the portal plaza, in 30 mins. 

To waste some time, Miriko walked around some of the streets surrounding portal plaza. The city was alive, with players looking around the stores and Inns. I have been in SAO in how long? and I havn't brought anything yet other than food and clothes. Oh well, I will get through with what I have until I need to buy new stuff. After 20mins of walking around, the short brunette bounced to the portal plaza, excited to start her recruitment.

Vasth was at his shop packing up to move, Vasth looked at the message, Vasth patted the back of his head. Vasth placed down his items and Vasth rubbed his hair that he cut short,

To Miriko

Ok I will be be making there now.

From Vasth

Vasth made his way to the teleporting station, Vasth got to the 1st floor, he made his way to the portal plaza. Vasth got there in 20 mins, Hmm i got 10 minutes to spare, I will wait here. Vasth wondered if he looked good in his new hair.

Edited by Vasth

As the short brunette bounced around portal plaza, looking for Mack, she saw a familiar face. There is Vasth so we just have to find Mack. "Oi Vasth, over here." She called out across the crowd, causing players to look at her. Miriko didn't mind the lingering eyes. She pushed her way through the crowd towards Vasth. Once she made her way over to him, Miriko stopped in front of him. Somethings different. Just what is it. Her Amber eyes looked Vasth up and down. Looking for a difference. Miriko finally figured it out. "Ahhhh so you got a haircut." Miriko grinned, causing dimples to form in her cheeks. She reached up to touch his now short blonde hair. "I like it. I have found you so know we are just waiting for Mack." Miriko said while looking through the crowd for the guildmaster.

OOC: Vasth, I assume you already have your guild medallion and cloak, if not we’ll just auto it and say you do, if that works for you.

Within about forty minutes, Mack had appeared in the teleportation portal in the Town of Beginnings. Moving quickly down the portal platform’s handful of stone stairs, the colossal man pulled up his map and quickly located Miriko and Vasth. With his destination set, Mack began making his way in the direction of the two people, one of whom was already a Crimson Blade and the other of which soon would be. Within a few more moments, he came within sight of Miriko and Vasth since neither was particularly hard to spot and both were marked on the map.

“Vasth, thanks for joining us. You and I haven’t had a chance, yet, to do much in the way of working together out in the field. I’d like to see what you can do,” the enormous red-headed man said in his rumbling voice once he was close enough to speak with them in a tone that at least resembled something private. “By the end of our little exercise today, you’ll both officially be soldiers in the Crimson Blades. Vasth, you’ll need to equip your Guild cloak for today’s excursion as well, since this is official guild business.”

“First, you will need a guild cloak, like the ones worn by Vasth and myself,” Mack said, opening his inventory with a swipe of his right pointer finger. He scrolled quickly through his items and produced a simple crimson cloak, devoid of any ornamentation. “This is the cloak of the Crimson Blades. It is a simple vanity item with no enhancements or buffs, but it is to be worn for all official guild business. Meetings, contracts, operations, and so on. You’ll notice that yours lacks the shoulder piece, hood, and gold trim, in addition to other ornamentation. From this point forward, your actions as a member of the Crimson Blades will earn you various awards and ornamentation for your cloak. In that way any Blade that sees you will know immediately what your accomplishments are.” Mack passed the cloak over to Vasth to put around Miriko’s neck. While it was unusual to have one recruit helping another with the initiation process, this was a special occasion.

“Next is your Guild Medallion,” the Grandmaster continued, producing a tiny glowing orb on the end of a platinum chain. Reaching out his finger, he tapped the glowing portion of the trinket and it resolved itself into a crimson dagger that matched the one hanging around Vasth’s neck. He passed the amulet to Vasth to place around Miriko’s neck. “This medallion is to be worn at all times, though the cloak is optional outside of official Guild business. This medallion announces to everyone you meet that you are a Crimson Blade, and it tells others that if they mess with you then they mess with the entire guild. The shape of the amulet itself denotes your rank. The dagger is a symbol of the guild’s recruits. If you pass your recruit trial today, you will be advanced to the rank of Soldier and your medallion will become a crimson sword.”

“Now then, the standard practice in recruit operations is for you to demonstrate your combat abilities through defeating three mobs,” Mack said, once the Miriko’s formal enrolment into the guild had been completed. “However, since there are two of you and neither seems to be going for a tank build, I’m going to only slightly modify the requirements. You will need to defeat the three mobs, as a team, and then you’ll also need to complete one small final challenge. I’m here to observe, and to help you if you get into trouble,” Mack concluded.

“Now, since this is your training, you’re the ones in charge of leading the group. But, before we get started, I do have two final gifts for Miriko,” Mack said after a moment, pulling up his inventory and producing first, a new straight sword which appeared in his hands. “This is Fallen Dawn, it will serve you far better than your beginner’s sword,” Mack continued, holding out the blade for Miriko to take from him. Once she had taken the weapon, he opened his inventory again and, this time a steel round shield appeared in his hands. “And this is Ivy Flame. I know that most players prefer to use a one handed weapon so they can also equip a shield, and you seem to be in need of a shield. So, take these and use them well. When you outgrow them, place them into the Guild’s Storage.”

“Now then, whenever you’re both ready, lead the way.”

Miriko listened intently to what Mack had to say. She first received the guild cloak which was a simple red cloak and she understood that different actions would earn her different add ons to the cloak. Next she gained her guild amulet. "So I have to keep the amulet on at all times." The brunette nodded her head in agreement. "A final challenge? Sounds interesting." Miriko's head buzzed with thoughts on what the challenge could be. Then Mack mentioned two more gifts. "Wait, More gifts?" Then Mack pulled out a new looking sword. She was immediately drawn to the blade. Mack handed her the weapon. It was a straight sword, similar to her basic one, but it had a yellow bade with a navy blue handle. "I love it, Mack, Thanks." She grinned. But wait there was more. Mack handed her a shield. "I have never had a shield before. Hopefully this will help me in battle." She turned towards Vasth. "Do I finally look professional?" The girl joked, grinning from ear to ear. "But seriously Mack, Thanks for the stuff." Miriko opened her menu and equipped all her new items. "Now I'm Ready, Vasth are you ready?" The short girl glanced at the blonde player. 

Vasth nodded as he listen to Mack, Vasth smiled as Miriko got new and better equipment. Vasth tilted his head and frowned. "Mack... I have to cloak right here," Vasth said as he equipped the cloak. "But I don't have the Medallion," Vasth looks at the medallion in his hand, "Ok Miriko stay still." Vasth puts on the medallion on for Miriko "There prefect!", Miriko shows off her new equipment, Vasth grins back at her "You look like a professional swords master." Vasth smiled as he pulls down his hood a bit. Vasth listen to Macks words of battle "I may not be classified as a "tank" but i can take a good amount of punish." Vasth say to them. Vasth looks down at Miriko, "I am, let's go!" Vasth holds Miriko's hand and starts to walk.

“Remind me at the end of the quest, and I’ll get you your guild medallion at the conclusion of the day’s training exercise,” Mack rumbled, his ginger eyebrows knitting. Whoever it was that had initially enrolled Vasth into the Crimson Blades should have been responsible for also getting the blonde man his guild medallion. This issue would need to be looked into so that the Grandmaster could get things straightened out with everyone. No doubt it was just a result of the hiccups that came with forming a guild in the first place. Falling into step behind Miriko and Vasth, the red-headed man noted with some satisfaction that he had been correct in his guess that the two junior Blades were an item. “Once you’ve engaged in combat, if you require assistance let me know. Similarly, if either of you drops into the red zone on your health bars I will enter the fray whether you ask me to or not.”

Miriko listened to Mack's words. "Okay, I will call for you if we need help." The brunette nodded her head in agreement. Vasth held her hand as they made their way towards the fields, with Mack close behind. It was a nice day, with the temperature being just right. A couple of players were spread out around the field. "Looks like its a bit busier than normal but I don't think that's going to affect us." Once the group had made it out to the fields, Miriko let go of Vasth's hand and took out her sword and swung it around, testing it. It was a light blade, easy to move around with and just the right size for Miriko "It's a good blade Mack." She grinned, pleased with her new weapon. Her amber eyes caught a moving figure to her right. "I think we have found our first fight," Miriko grinned. She pointed out the bigger than normal boar to Mack and Vasth. "Vasth, do you want to hit it first?" 

Vasth nodded, Vasth grabs his spear, spins it and gets into battle stance, "Ready, Miriko let me hit first only attack until it's aggro to me. It a mini boss so it's stronger then normal ones health is about 20 and.....Damage should be 10" and explain to Miriko about their battling strategies on the monster, "Ok you got it right, Let's go!" Vasth ran forward, he jumps forward slams his foot on the ground to hold his grounding. "Fatal Thrust!" Vasth does that a windup, he launches from the ground and thrust into the Boar. "Ok i got a hit Miriko, attack!" Vasth says

ID 33397

BD 6+2=8 Fatal Thrust

1+1+1=3 
Sword Arts = 3x1x3 =9 

MD 3 ~Miss~

Boar 11/20 -9

Vasth 40/40

Energy 7/10 -3

Miriko 16/16

Energy 4/4 

"Ahhh A sword art, very nice Vasth." Miriko nodded. I guess It's my turn. I don't think I have faced a mob this big before. Oh well, You have to start somewhere. The brunette gripped Fallen Dawn in her right hand, analyzing the big boars moves. Now! Miriko ran forward, quite quickly. She swung her new sword, hitting the mob, doing a bit more damage than normal. "I love this sword." Miriko smiled as she backed away. "Your turn again Vasth." The girl waited for Vasth to deal his damage. The mobs health had dropped just past its half way mark. "This might go quicker than I thought." She mumbled, 

ID 33398

BD 9+1=10

Boar 7/20 -4

Vasth 40/40 (Hate:1)

Energy 10/10 

Miriko 16/16 (Hate:1)

Energy 4/4 

(OCC: I hope I have done this right, correct me if anything is wrong and I will fix it.)

OOC: It looks right to me, Miriko. :)

ID: 33452
LD: 10 (No Mat)

Mack, following a bit behind Miriko and Vasth, watched as the pair of them singled out their first target for the day. The boar that they selected was certainly a large beast, which Mack was glad to see. He would have been somewhat disappointed if they had chosen one of the easier boars that was running around. After all, a Blade needed to be brave and strong and when there was no challenge then the thrill of victory was no nearly as sweet. So long as they weren’t going after an animal that they could easily dispatch with a single blow, the Grandmaster was pleased. Watching with storm grey eyes as they began to go about their task, Mack slung Invictus down from his shoulder and began to probe the ground in an experimental manner, looking for crafting materials.

• 2 weeks later...

Vasth jump forward. He slam into the boar and twisted forward as he landed. The boar leap forward, Vasth crossed his arms like a X and the boar hit his gauntlets, blocking most of the damage and in return the thorn hurt it instead and killing it. "OK next up!" 

ID 35002

BD 9 ~Crit Hit~ Dmg 

2+1+1=4 

4 Thorn

MD 6 ~Hit~ 10 Dmg - 24 Mit =1

LD 20= 20x5=100 Col + 1 Mat

Boar 0/20 -8 Dead

Vasth 39/40 -1

Energy 6/10 -1

Miriko 16/16

Energy 4/4 

Edited by Vasth

Miriko put her sword back in its sheath and walked up to Vasth to give him a hug. "Well that went faster than i expected. It was fun though, Having a new sword." Miriko grinned and turned around to Mack "Thanks again. I love the sword and shield."  Miriko turned back around towards the fields  "So what are we going to fight next?" Miriko mumbled as she looked around at the field for their next target, "Hmmmm, it needs to be a strong opponent and not just an ordinary boar, Can you see anything Vasth?" 

OOC: Vasth, remember a successful hit will always do at least 1 DMG, regardless of your mitigation.

ID: 35077
LD: 4 (No Mat)

"Nicely done," Mack rumbled, still rooting around in the soft earth with the buttcap of his axe. Alas, despite all the probing there was no reassuring sound of metal clinking against metal to indicate that he'd found anything. Sighing, Mack swung his axe up into its sheath and listened to the conversation going on between Miriko and Vasth for a few moments. It seemed that they were game to tackle bigger and tougher opponents. If only they knew what was in store for them. "Lead the way, there should be some wolves running around at the edge of the forest."

(OOC : Thank i fixed it, question if i have thorn and damage the monster does that give me hate?)

Vasth nodded to Mack. "Let's go!" Vasth walked over to the woods with the other two. He saw some wolf, he ran forward but the wolf swiftly ran away. Vasth stopped and patted the back of his head, why did they run? Then a big wolf appeared out of nowhere jump on the Vasth, slamming him into the ground it and biting his arm. Vasth shouted out in pain. His arms were locked down so he couldn't attack. It seem like the wolf the power to ignore his armor but his thorn enchant damage it back. (Mother Wolf Ability : When opponent has more Mitigation then the damage give by Mother Wolf, it's damage is double and it is able to ignore opponent armor.) ( Normal Damge 7)

ID 35093 

BD 3+2=5 ~Miss~ Thorn 4

MD 8 ~Hit~ Dmg 14 

Mother Wolf 26/30

Vasth 26/40

Eng 10/10

Miriko 16/16

4/4