SP - F1 Return To The "Profession" (10th Day of Material Hunting/Gathering) (Completed)

Calrex gave a small sigh as he appeared on the first floor in the Starting City, moving some of his blue bangs out of the way of his face. It was early in the morning, with only a few players and NPCs beginning to becoming active. Giving a yawn he immediately began to make his way towards the gates leading out into the field zones, swiping on his menu to make sure that all of his gear was equipped. First the Grand Dragoon appeared to cover his shoulders and knees in the deep sea blue pauldrons and poleyns. Next came the Grand Blade, which attached to the back of his hip with the handle facing towards the right. Lastly was the Amethyst Charm, which appeared in a small flash of light on the end of the Grand Blade as a sword charm.

"Alright, I've got two orders I need to get done. Starting first is Ariel, then a player by the name of Zandra. Ariel said she needed about 24-30, and Zandra was...when was the boss raid going to commence? Shoot I'm going to need to do some math on this. In any case I'll worry about that later. Best get to work."

Exiting out into the fields he drew his sword, looking for the closest group of creatures, "This is likely not going to be easy, as I can't one-shot any mobs that would be of suitable strength at the moment, but I can likely pull it off in two. If I'm going to do that I'd better take a short break between battles to make sure I don't go tiring myself out."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 32820
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 26 Remaining)

A short period after exiting the gate Calrex found a pack of boars that seemed suitable for attacking to get materials as he gave a calming breath, bringing his sword and body into a position similar to how a billiards player readies a shot. His free hand extended ahead of his blade, inches away from the tip with his thumb and pointer fingers forming a C around it. As he got into position his sword lit alight with a light blue hue. Activating his <<Sharp Nail>> Sword Art he quickly flew forward across the ground, his right shoulder twisting forward as he stabbed with the Grand Blade, piercing two of the boars before quickly extracting it, sending out two quick thrusts at the remaining two monsters.

His attack complete Calrex quickly turned to see the two boars he had stabbed second were already recovering, charging at him. without room to dodge he quickly braced for the impact as he felt the two slam full force into him. What he wasn't expecting was the two he had stibbed simultaneously recover and catch him from behind, knocking him into the air. Quickly using his <<Acrobatics>> skill he quickly reoriented himself to land on his feet as he touched the ground, his knees bending in order to absorb the landing.

"Well, that certainly smarted. Good thing my armor is as strong as it is."

HP List
Calrex: 139/162 (12 DMG * 4 Enemies - 25 MIT = 23 DMG)

Enemies:
Larger Boar 1: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)
Larger Boar 2: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)
Larger Boar 3: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)
Larger Boar 4: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 32824
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 25 Remaining)

After taking a second to devise his next approach he went into his position to activate the <<Horizontal Square>> Sword Art, but unfortunately his attack charge was interrupted by the four boars rushing at him once again. Quickly breaking his focus he quickly dove to the side to avoid the oncoming attack. As the monsters exited his vision during his roll he could still feel the ground shake from the missed attack. Getting back onto his feet Calrex quickly turned to get a bearing on the four boars' location, keeping his blade ready for any incoming attacks.

Luckily enough all of the boars were taking their time recovering from their charge as they slowly turned around to face the blue-haired player, "I need to make sure I don't take any further hits. There will always be an opportunity to strike, as long as I make sure I don't get myself into trouble."

HP List
Calrex: 139/162

Enemies:
Larger Boar 1: 27/81
Larger Boar 2: 27/81
Larger Boar 3: 27/81
Larger Boar 4: 27/81

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33216
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 24 Remaining)

Calrex gave a small exhale as he watched the boars prepare to charge again. Slowly he began to go into a stance to activate his Sword Art, but only slowly in order to keep his eyes on the monsters. As he saw them charge Calrex quickly shifted his body, activating his <<Acrobatics>> skill to quickly leap over the four creatures as they rushed beneath him. Landing he did a quick turn to face his enemies once again, fully going into the stance for activating <<Vertical Square>>, his second rank area of effect Sword Art.

As the blade flashed blue Calrex gave a calming breath, "Now is the time. Let's hope this hits."

Right when the attack reached full power he released, feeling his body fly forward as he got into striking range...

HP List

Enemies:
Larger Boar 1: 27/81
Larger Boar 2: 27/81
Larger Boar 3: 27/81
Larger Boar 4: 27/81

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33228
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3
Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2) = 4
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 17 Remaining)

<<Vertical Square>> activated at just the right time as Calrex struck the first boar before it even had time to ready another charge, the vertical cut bisecting the creature's head before he moved on to the second boar, performing an uppercut. Following the momentum of the strike his body went into a spin as he performed one spinning slash against the third boar before landing and cutting yet again on the fourth boar. The four strikes traces a rhombus in the air before the monsters dissipated into crystals, the battle over.

His foes defeated Calrex gave a sigh of relief as he saw the loot screen appear in front of him, showing a material from each boar that he defeated, "Alright, that's four to start. Hopefully this will go quicker than it's turning out to be."

Loot List:
4 Materials

Total: 4

HP List

Enemies:
Larger Boar 1: -5/81
Larger Boar 2: -5/81
Larger Boar 3: -5/81
Larger Boar 4: -5/81

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33241
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2) = 10 (No Loot Found)
2 Posts Remaining to Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Regenerated

Calrex sheathed the Grand Blade as he looked up to the sky, seeing that his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, was hovering above, "Found any other materials while I was busy with those boars?"

Flying down at an incredible speed, Roc touched down on Calrex's shoulder lightly as he gave a shake of his head, signaling that he spotted no materials in the area. Calrex's eyes widened for a second in surprise, "Huh, that was the first time you gave me a pretty clear universal signal. Guess you're starting to pick up on small bits of sign language. Alright then, keep looking for now. I'll rest up for a bit and take on another four creatures."

Nodding his head Roc took off into the sky once again as the blue-haired played sat down on the start of the slope of the hill he had just fought the boars on, "Alright, a few seconds and I should be back to full energy again. Let's see if my luck works out better this next round."

Total: 4

HP List
Calrex: 145/162

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33250
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2) = 13 (No Loot Found)
1 Post Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge , 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Regenerated

"Hm...I guess Roc's having trouble finding anything."

Calrex scanned around his immediate area, seeing that there was a significant difference in the landscape compared to his past times searching for materials. There wasn't even close to as many possible objects in the scenery compared to before. Even with his Search and Detect skill at the second rank, there seemed to be virtually no materials around, "I guess with the Sword Arts introduced the system had edged more towards farming materials from enemies than in the landscape. Great, that would mean anyone looking for materials is at a higher risk of death because they would need to be in more frequent combat than before, where looking around in the fields had a higher potential yield than fighting monsters. Well, I guess these are the cards we've been given to play with."

HP List
Calrex: 151/162

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33253
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2) = 6 (No Loot Found)
Full Energy Recharge / 6 HP Regenerated

Seeing his energy fully recharged Calrex got back to his feet as he gave a calming breath, releasing the lock on his sword so that it could be drawn from the sheath without hindrance, "Alright, fully recovered, time to go back to work."

Scanning around the area he spotted yet another group of boars that were of sufficient level to drop materials as he drew the Grand Blade from his sheath as he readied himself for yet another battle, "Let's see if this battle goes faster than the last one. If I can get both Sword Arts out before the monsters can get their attacks ready I should be able to eliminate them without needing to break an attack charge."

Along the way to his next opponents Calrex gave one last quick look to see if there was any materials that had spawned in the landscape. As he suspected, there were none around that were suitable as he gave a small sigh, "Alright then, let's do this."

HP List
Calrex: 157/162

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33309
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)

Approaching the next set of boars Calrex went into his stance for <<Sharp Nail>> as he quickly executed the attack, rushing into the group and piercing each of the monsters once with a quick thrust of his sword. Catching the boars by surprise allowed him a clear shot, but it seemed just like before these creatures were quick to react as they quickly faced him and charged. He barely had enough time to put up a guard as they slammed into him, sending the blue-haired player flying before hitting the ground and bouncing a few times.

"Geezes, just can't catch a break on those attacks huh?"

Getting back to his feet Calrex gave a calming breath to regain his focus as he faced the boars, ready to fight once again.

HP List
Calrex: 134/162 (12 DMG * 4 Enemies - 25 MIT = 23 DMG)

Enemies:
Larger Boar 5: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 6: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 7: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 8: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33323
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 25 Remaining)

"Looks like it's going to be another waiting game. Just my luck."

As Calrex tried to ready another Sword Art the boars maintained their string of attacks. Although they were unable to successfully connect a hit, the endless barrage of charges were preventing him from actually charging up another attack. Weaving out of the way of another strike Calrex gave a small sigh as he leapt over a strike, turning to face the boars, "Well, you four are certainly persistent..."

"It looks like they're a bit too high in health to be felled by a Vertical Square, so I'll likely need to use Sharp Nail again. Geezes that's going to eat into my Energy reserves again. I'll probably need to take another break after this battle."

HP List
Calrex: 134/162

Enemies:
Larger Boar 5: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 6: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 7: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 8: 33/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33380
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 1
Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2) = 18 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 14 Remaining)

After dodging yet another series of charges from the boar's Calrex found his opening. Quickly spinning 180 degrees to face his foes as the boar boar went by, he assumed the stance for <<Sharp Nail>> once again. As the attack activated he felt his body fly forward as he got into striking range of the boars, piercing two with a single stab, followed by two quick jabs at the remaining to boars. The attacks came out fluidly one after another before his Sword Art ended, the four boars dissipating into crystals.

Giving a small sigh Calrex resheathed the Grand Blade and dropped down into a sitting position, making note of the fact that he was now at eight materials for this trip. He certainly had more from previous adventures as well, but it certainly seemed even with the new Sword Art system, things were not going nearly as fast as they did in the past. Giving a small sigh he laid down on his back as he waited for his energy bar to recover, "I really need to start doing more damage. If there is a way I can one shot mobs at suitable levels it might make this process a little more viable. Right now, with the chance of missing and taking damage, it's close to being a waste of time."

Loot List:
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 1620 col (Mob Health 81 (4) * 5 = 1620 col)

Total: 8

HP List
Calrex: 134/162

Enemies:
Larger Boar 5: -15/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 6: -15/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 7: -15/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)
Larger Boar 8: -15/81 (8 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 48 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Turns Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

ID: 33382
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2) = 21 (Materials Found)

After his second battle Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked up at the sky from his laid back position. The sun was shadowed for a second as he saw a bird pass in front, the shadow covering him getting smaller and smaller as Roc swooped down from the heavens before landing at his side. To Calrex's luck the peregrine falcon was carrying in its talon what appears to be a strange sort of reed, one that was pinkish in color.

"Huh, odd, but I guess some profession can make good use of it."

"Nice work Roc. Let's keep this up. Hopefully in my next battle I can get a better yield."

The falcon gave a lurch forward as it took off into the air once again, vanishing from sight behind a tree. Calrex sat up and gave a stretch, "Just a little while longer and my energy should be restored so that I can get back to material hunting off of these boars."

Total: 9

HP List
Calrex: 140/162

Edited by Calrex

(1 Turn Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

ID: 33647
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2) = 3

While Roc was away searching for materials Calrex looked around his immediate area to see if there was any in the landscape that could possibly be useful. Moving some grass around he also searched behind bushes and around trees. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to turn up as he gave a small sigh, putting a hand behind his head, "No luck so far other than fighting monsters. This might become troublesome if I can't keep my damage up with my health. At the least I can fight and get on average around four materials per battle. It's just once those battles become longer I might need to revert back to non-combat material gathering."

Pulling on what looked to be a useful plant Calrex stumbled backwards a few feet as he saw that the plant's root had been chewed at from below, making it useless as he gave a small sigh, tossing the remaining bit over his shoulder as he looked around, "Well, it shouldn't be long now before my energy recharges once again."

HP List
Calrex: 146/162

Edited by Calrex
  • 2 weeks later...

ID: 34322
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2) = 12 (No Loot Found)
(Energy Fully Recharged / 6 HP Recovered)

"Alright, now I'm ready again..."

Looking at his energy bar becoming fully refilled Calrex gave a quick smirk before giving one last search around the area for potential materials. As he moved his hands across the brush his <<Reveal>> skill activated, scanning through bushes and trees to see if there was any plants of use. Unfortunately, nothing was in sight as Calrex gave a small sigh of disappointment, "It's in a way a different world from before the change. I guess it really is true that change is the only constant."

Grasping the hilt of the Grand Blade he gave a calming exhale before readying himself for his next battle, "Let's get some more done before calling it a day..."

HP List
Calrex: 152/162

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34326
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1

Spotting the next group of boars Calrex immediately readied his <<Sharp Nail>>, going into the pool shooter stance as he rocketed forward, piercing two before jabbing quickly at two more. As the four were struck by the blows each one turned to face him, knocking their hoofs against the ground a few times before immediately rushing at him. This time Calrex was prepared as he weaved left and right, dodging each of the charging boards as they came.

With all four dodged he quickly turned to keep his eyes on the creatures before readying his sword, "This is going better than the past few times. Hopefully I can pull this off without taking any solid hits."

HP List

Enemies:
Larger Boar 9: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)
Larger Boar 10: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)
Larger Boar 11: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)
Larger Boar 12: 27/81 (9 DMG * 6 Sword Art = 54 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34332
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 1 Energy Recovered / 25 Remaining)

Before he could ready another Sword Art to finish off the boars Calrex had to break his charge to dodge yet another charge from the four boars. However, he did catch notice of one of the four tripping as it charged, rolling a good distance before it struggled getting back to its feet. The sight gave him a quick laugh before he turned to face the creatures, flicking the Grand Blade so that it was at the ready.

"Alright, so maybe not as fast as I was hoping, but let's at least avoid taking another four hits again. Those charges hurt if they all come at once."

HP List

Enemies:
Larger Boar 9: 27/81
Larger Boar 10: 27/81
Larger Boar 11: 27/81
Larger Boar 12: 27/81

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34414
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5
Miss Occured (2 Energy Lost / 1 Recovered / 24 Remaining)

As yet another surge of boar flesh came at him Calrex quickly leapt up so that he performed a long flip over the four attacks, landing behind them. However, the movement used up enough time that he was unable to ready a Sword Art before the creature began yet another rush. Breaking his stance he rolled to the side, giving a small sigh as he backpedaled a good distance to put some more space between him and his assailants. "This back and forth is getting me nowhere. I've got to find another opening and take action soon, lest I waste more time."

Lowering his stance Calrex gave a calming breath as he watched the boars coming towards him once again, "I'm getting a hit on you four, count on it."

HP List

Enemies:
Larger Boar 9: 27/81
Larger Boar 10: 27/81
Larger Boar 11: 27/81
Larger Boar 12: 27/81

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34418
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2) = 20 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 17 Remaining)

True to his statement Calrex charged up his <<Vertical Square>> Sword Art and quickly unleashed it, flying forward at the four charging boars. Striking each one with a single slash from his art he deftly weaved around each of their tusks as he cut through each monster, mowing through them before exiting off the other side. The four strikes drew a rhombus in the air before the four boars dissipated into crystals.

Standing upright he gave a small sigh of relief as he resehathed the Grand Blade, looking back towards the settlement, "Geezes I've spend too much time out here. It's likely the raid is going to be underway soon. That means I'll only have some of Zandra's order done so far. I'll definitely need to make up for that after the raid."

Turning to face the direction of the Starting City he began to make his way back.

Loot List:
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 4 Materials + 1620 col (Mob Health 81 (4) * 5 col = 1620 col)

Total: 17

HP List

Enemies:
Larger Boar 9: -5/81 (8 DMG * 4 Art = 32 DMG)
Larger Boar 10: -5/81 (8 DMG * 4 Art = 32 DMG)
Larger Boar 11: -5/81 (8 DMG * 4 Art = 32 DMG)
Larger Boar 12: -5/81 (8 DMG * 4 Art = 32 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

.ID: 34422
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2) = 11 (No Loot)

As he made his way back to the Starting City Calrex decided to look around for more materials amongst the landscape, hoping possibly for a few more materials to be found before he arrived back at its gates. As he did Roc soared overhead, keeping an eye on his partner as the blue peregrine falcon flew ahead of the Ultramarine Knight.

Unfortunately, back down below Calrex was unable to find any more materials as he combed the fields for potentially useful plants, giving a small sigh to himself, "This is not working out as I had planned originally. First the lack of materials in the landscape, and second the large amount of time wasted dodging the boar charges. However, I guess I should be glad those monsters are now more of a nuisance than a threat."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34427
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2) = 5

"Yet another zone unyielding of materials."

With another area searched Calrex had yet to find any more materials in the landscape. Even on his older gathering trips, when materials were still scarce, this takes the cake in terms of scarcity. Ruffling the back of his hair he put one hand in his jacket pocket. "Guess this really is more orinted towards fighters now, rather than people who are just good at looking for things."

Looking over he saw that the gates of the Starting City a few paces away as he shook his head, getting to his feet, "Better get back in before it gets late."

Edited by Calrex