[PP-F1} Daydreaming (Jomei)

Miriko walked around floor 1 with a blank look on her face as always. This was one of the main reasons why she didn't have many friends in SAO and in real life alike. The brunette didn't mind though, she enjoyed being by herself. Hmmm what to do, What to do. Mabey shopping? Nah, I'm saving up my col. She continued to walk, stopping once in a while to look through the clear windows of multiple shops. As Miriko turned a corner, She wasn't concentrating, and she ran into another player, causing her to fall backwards onto the paved ground.

"Ouch, that hurt." Miriko rubbed her head. The short girl slowly got up, continuing to rub her head. The player who she ran into was also on the ground. Whoooops I really need to stop daydreaming and focus. "I'm sorry mister, I wasn't watching where I was going." Miriko held a slender out to the gingered haired player, to help him up. "I was daydreaming and I wasn't focused. Sorry again" The brunette grinned, causing dimples to form in her cheeks. Her head throbbed with pain from where her head it the ground. But her thoughts were on the player still on the dusty ground. I hope he is okay.  

With his hands shoved into his pockets, the ginger haired player took a slow stroll through the streets of Floor One's main city. The man had just gotten back from the fields surrounding the city, were he was spending his early morning blowing off steam by hunting boars and wolves. Jomei found himself  losing the man he once, and that this death game was really changing him for the worse. He let out a heavy sigh as he looked up to the sky, where his small owl companion was enjoying herself by flying around. A small smirk formed on his lips as he watched the owl circle in the air, and then it hit him.. well, someone did at least. As the smaller player bumped into Jomei as they turned the corner, the man stumbled backwards, his heel catching on the front step of the shop he had just passed. The ginger haired man hit the ground, and immediately sat up, rubbing the back of his head that had hit the stone walkway. After letting out a light groan, he looked up to see a girl standing there, apologizing to him for knocking him down. "Nn, yeah. I'm alright. Thanks." he took the girl's hand that was stretched out to him and let her help him to his feet. "Are you okay?" he was now the one looking down at the girl as he towered over her. The irishman chuckled at her when she admitted she was daydreaming when she bumped into him, "Its alright lass, I find myself doing that a lot as well." 

Miriko pulled the player up on his two feet. "Yeah I'm fine, my head hurts a bit but I can endure it." The girl looked up at the ginger player. She usually had to look up at fellow players. Being short was annoying but sometimes there are some advantages. "Well at least I'm not the only one." The brunette giggled. An owl landed on the ground next to the player. "Is this your familiar?" Miriko asked, bending down and softly patting the bird. "What's its name?" suddenly she relised that she hadn't introduced herself. The short girl stood up. "While we are on the topic of names, My name is Miriko. Nice to meet you." She held out a hand for the player to shake. 

The two laughed when they each admitted they find themselves daydreaming often. It really was a hazard of his, going off topic while walking around. He was lucky he usually only did it while in the safety of a town. From the sky, the small owl familiar must have noticed the confrontation and her friend falling to the floor, so she had landed on the ground to check up on him. The brown haired girl immediately became interested, asking if she belonged to Jomei. "Aye, her name is Adere. Sweetest owl you'll ever meet." he said with a laugh as he watched the girl gently pet the bird on the head. Of course, being the friendly animal she was, Adere accepted it, with a face of pure satisfaction. The girl then shot up to her feet, introducing herself as Miroku. Jomei smiled down at the girl and reached out his own hand, gently grabbing the girl's for a handshake. "Miroku, the pleasure is mine. I'm Jomei." 

"Well Jomei, You have my name wrong, mabey you didn't hear me correctly, Its Miriko, not Miroku. But don't worry about it, A lot of players get my name mixed up for some odd reason." She grinned. "Anyway Jomei, I like Adere." She gain bent down and stroked the owl. Animals where a big part her life. There wasn't a time where Miriko coudn't remember a pet in the house. "I like owls. Animals in total." The brunette smiled at the owl. A riddle suddenly came to her "I have a riddle for you Jomei, That has just popped into my mind. What asks but never answers?" Miriko looked up at Jomei, a sneaky smile on her face. "It's pretty easy, It would be disappointing if you didnt get it, considering our situation."

((OOC: So sorry ^^;; I posted when half asleep at work))

Jomei's eyes widened and he blinked at the girl in surprise when she corrected Jomei, who had called her Miroku rather than Miriko. "O-Oh I'm sorry, lass!" he said bowing his head slightly, "I-I guess I hit my head a little bit harder than I thought" he bashfully chuckled at his mistake. "Miriko then." he picked his head up and smiled. The girl crouched down on the ground again to pet the small owl once again. Seemed she was really a fan of the bird, animals in general even. "Well then, maybe one day you'll go out and find a familiar of your own. They seem to be getting much more popular lately.." he looked around at other players, most of them with a small animal by their side. As he looked off into the distance, the girl caught his attention by telling the man a riddle. "Hm? What asks... but never answers..?" he scratched at the hairs on his chin, looking up to the sky for the answer.."What asks...." His green orbs moved back down to the girl, who was still petting the owl.. Owl. Jomei's eyes lit up and he grinned from ear to ear, "Oh! An owl." 

"Someday I will get a familiar. I really like animals so it wouldn't be right not to have one." Out of the corner of her eye, Miriko saw Jomei trying to figure out her riddle. It was a pretty easy riddle but some people might find it difficult. Jomei answered correctly. "Yes, that is correct. It was obvious that it was an owl. I like that riddle though."  She smiled and gave Adere one last pat. The brunette got up. "Where did you get Adere?" Miriko asked. The question was on her mind for a bit. Out of all the familiars she had seen, Miriko had never seen a owl. "I don't think I have seen an owl familiar before. Mostly you see dogs and other popular pets that you would keep in your everyday household." Miriko faced Jomei, her usual grin on her face. 

Jomei smiled and poked his thumb into his chest, "Well when you do, if you need some company to travel with you, I'll be around." Jomei blinked as he remember something about familiars as well, "Oh! And I've also composed some songs that can be used to help attract familiars as well! So if you would want to come by my shop sometime on Floor Two to get one, please do." he rubbed the back of his neck, realizing his idea turned into shameless advertisement. 

The irishman chuckled when Miriko confirmed that Jomei's answer was correct. It was a simple riddle, and it was relevant with the situation, so it was fun to him. The girl then switched topics, asking Jomei where he had found the small owl. "Well, there is a quest that I took that allowed me to tame her in the first place.. But I found her after a long night of walking through the forests on Floor Two. Heh, thats a story in itself." He looked down at the owl again and smiled, "Of course, it was all worth the pain. And I figured I would do something different.. Owls remind me a lot of my childhood.. So I thought an owl like Adere would be a good connection to my life back in the real world."