[PP-F1] Nasty Nepents; Fast Friends <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> COMPLETE!

Piera rolled her eyes and let out a long suffering sigh as Kalesh teased her verbal blunder, though she couldn't stop smiling. Sunlight leaked through the branches of the forest's canopy as they walked, lighting up the players in patches as they conversed. "Mainly it'd be nice to have a big bed and a place to just relax. Kind of cramped two people living in that little shop." As the red head went on to speak of the irony that most players (including himself) would rarely step outside their homes in the real world but in Aincrad spent all their time outside. Mouth quirking at his rhetorical question in a half grimace half wry smile, the brunette nodded. "Can't stay hiding in inns on the first floor forever..." Sooner or later, every player dared to leave the safe zone.

Her smile turned more genuine at his well wishes and joke. "It's gonna take forever to save up the col. Maybe after another floor or two are unlocked. I have a feeling I'm going to be supplying the frontliners for those occasions. Already have a whole order nearly as big as the one for this boss fight as soon as I finish with the first order. Apparently people like to be prepared, heh. Waaaaay ahead of time. But as for chores, I dunno, not much to do around a virtual house to upkeep it, is there? No cleaning or laundry or taking out trash." The brunette shrugged.

The trees were starting to get thinner and more spread out between each other and more sunlight lit their self made path, glinting off of the young woman's glasses as she turned to smile at her friend when he said that her companionship was pay enough. "Dawww~ Gettin' sentimental in yer old age?" The brunette couldn't help but tease him before considering his question of where to go as he listed their options. "Mmm, I've never been to the tenth. Farthest I've ever explored is eight. And I don't fancy being served by the undead... Hmm I'm not sure what's on each floor other than the first four. And that um jungle one and the one that's really high up..." She shivered slightly, not having entirely fond memories of the dizzying heights.

"Oh and that the eleventh floor has a beautiful cathedral. I wonder what do you think the twelfth floor will look li-" Her question wasn't able to finish as she had walked past a tree that had been concealing a Nepent behind it and it immediately struck out at the female player with its sharp leaves. Piera reacted quickly, if not elegantly, and stumbled backwards, blindly slashing out with her long weapon that sailed uselessly over the Nepent and nearly grazing the flower that was blooming atop it.

ID: 34108
BD: 2+1=3
MD: 5

Piera: 44/44
Kalesh:
Little Nepent: 5/5

Edited by Piera

Kalesh nodded in understanding as she mentioned living in her shop, a grin crossing his face as he said "Well, if it's cramped that just means you have to cuddle close." He chuckled and rolled his eyes before saying "I hear that Lee actually opened himself a shop as well. You could pretend you are Romeo and Juliet, and your jobs keep you apart!" He smiled as he placed a hand over his heart and and the other was held out like characters in player would do to show drama in their words. "Only to run away together from both duty and responsibility to meet and share how you feeeeeel." He takes a breath and says bluntly and clearly without a hint of the dramatic tone he was exuding a moment before. "Just don't poison him when you do, kay?" He smirked to the alchemist as memories of how the tale ended in poison.

When Piera made good points on there not being a lot of chores to do he hummed and said "Uhm... tidying the house of items scattered around?" He put a hand to his chin, that wasn't a very good one. "Oh!" He said in realization "Cooking is a good one! Will you make him wear an apron or are you going to be the one wearing it?" He grinned as he imagined them both wearing aprons. He wasn't going to reveal if they wore anything else though, that was for his mind's eye. Neither of them were.

When Piera started talking about the other floors she had been to he started to open his mouth to answer but already he saw Piera panic and fall backwards, trying to fight off the Nepent. Kalesh didn't hesitate and moved in between Piera and the Nepent, hoping she didn't accidentally jab him in panic. His sliced down across the Nepent, then back up the crimson path the first cut had made, deepening it, and finally the thrust the tip of his sword in between the deep crimson line to pierce the creature to the core after stripping any defenses it had! Moments later the creature exploded into pixels and he turned around, holding his hand out to his friend to help her up and saying "Well, maybe a little sentimental. Is that so wrong?" He chuckled, checking his hitpoints and her cursor to see if Piera had jabbed him a few times, unfazed in either case, just tallying.

With the third Nepent dead he smiled happily to his hunting partner and said "Actually, the inn I stay at is on the sixth floor. The food they eat up there might look a bit strange, but it's good if you can get past it." He chuckled softly as he said "Oh, and don't eat the ping pong ball sized purple berries. I assure you, they are poison." He grinned as he let her imagination run wild on that before saying "I've... never been to the 11th floor." He shrugged his shoulders a little "I hope I see it soon though... noooot that I can kill anything that roams that high. I'd turn into a fine red mist if they stared too hard." He chuckled softly.

ID: 34118
BD: 4+2=6
MD: 2
Energy: 10/13 -3 Energy(Hi Ougi 3x1)

Piera: 44/44
Kalesh: 52/52
Little Nepent: 0/5 -15HP

Edited by Kalesh

Piera nodded in confirmation as Kalesh spoke of Lee opening his own shop and was about to elaborate before he started in on his romantic spin on their situation. Staring at the red head in incredulity she chuckled while shaking her head. "That would work a lot better if we were in separate guilds. Not too much competition or hatred between alchemists and merchants, hehe. But if for some reason that does happen, I'll try and not intentionally poison him." Unintentionally however...  The brunette scoffed at his idea of Lee cooking. "I'll never get Lee to cook, in a game or out of one. He'd starve first. Though he might wear an apron anyway if I asked." Her head tilted as she tried to imagine his answer and how he'd look, also envisioning him wearing little else but for the apron and grinning as she imagined him turning around.

Piera was surprised with the speed Kalesh took out the offending Nepent that had surprised her, though certainly wasn't surprised that it couldn't survive one hit from him. Smiling a little bashfully as she accepted the offered hand to help her stand. "Thanks. And definitely not. A little sentimentality is always good." Brushing off her skirt from grass and dirt, the alchemist blinked at the quest update notification she received, alerting her that she had all three items needed and to turn in her quest to complete it. Smiling, the girl glanced at Kalesh and quirked an eyebrow as he described the strange looking food on his home floor, also warning her away from a particular fruit. "I'll...try and remember." She doubted that she would. She had a terrible memory. Best to just avoid that floor entirely now. Chuckling breathily from her nose at the idea of the red head turning into red mist she replied, "Well we won't be going there then. Though we could if we really wanted to as long as we just teleported to the safe town and didn't leave. Think of where you wana go to eat though. I hate making decisions." Piera declared with a sigh and turned around, leading them back to the Town of Beginnings where she located the quest NPC and turned in the items and completed the quest, awarding her a modest amount of col and experience.