[PP-F1] Nasty Nepents; Fast Friends <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> COMPLETE!

Today had been one of the busiest of her short career as an alchemist of Aincrad. Not only did she get six customer in her shop (back to back no less!) but she also received the most materials she had ever seen at once, including the time that Mack had given her an entire bag of them along with her Potioneer's Kit. All for one hallucinogenic potion. She couldn't wait to tell Kalesh what had happened right after he had left her shop. After she had chatted with Teayre and Beoreson a bit, Takao had already left with his newly purchased potion in hand and she cleaned up shop and labeled the potions and crystals she had made while she spoke with her friends and customers. Finally looking around the clean and orderly shop, the brunette determined that she could finally leave. Turning her sign to read 'closed', Piera exited the shop and then realized that she needed to find out where Kalesh was. Swiping open her menu, she sent off a quick message.

TO: Kalesh
SUBJECT: Donde estas?

Hey, finally got finished up. Where are you? Still on floor three?

After she had sent it off, the alchemist then vaguely remembered him saying something about grabbing a bite to eat. Maybe he was over at the Crimson Diner? Ever since she had found a close by non NPC run food place, the bespectacled young woman had eagerly taken advantage of it. So she set off in that general direction, figuring if she didn't find him there she would just wander around Delilah Village until she got a return message.

Edited by Piera

Kalesh had indeed gone to the Crimson Diner, ever eager to support the one and only place of its type he had ever actually found. Everywhere else was NPC run as if to ensure every player was well fed regardless of if someone wanted the job. Kalesh was munching on a nice big serving of fish sticks while he waited for the eventual message from his second-time party member! When the message did come he started to read through it after briefly pausing to remember Spanish. After decoding her subject she didn't need to wait very long before he was typing up his reply to Piera, having enjoyed the chat leading up to the decision to do a quest together so he was still in good spirits.

To: Piera
Subject: Re:Donde estas?

Yup, still here. Gimmie a minute to pay and I'll be right out! Be at the teleport plaza any minute!

True to his word he was walking out of the Crimson Diner not long later and heading right for the teleport plaza. He had ordered ice cream from Grave before but that was it for enhanced food items. He had only found the one food spot that was player-run so he was happy to support them however he could. When he noticed Piera walking nearby he grinned and said tried to weave through the crowd to spook her!

Piera was on her way to the Crimson Diner when a tone played signaling that she had received a message. Halting her walk, the brunette swiped open her menu to read it and nodded to herself. She'd just meet him there then. Closing her menu she then turned around and started walking towards the teleport plaza, blissfully unaware of anything other than her goal. What was there to be wary of in a safe zone after all? Once she reached her destination she paused and frowned, looking side to side and wondering if she had simply beat him there.

Kalesh grinned as he had stalked behind Piera all the way there, reaching hand out to tap her shoulder twice while standing right behind her, a mischievous grin on his face and showing in his eyes as well. He laughed regardless of Piera's reaction and happily said "Heyo, ready to visit the first floor again? I find it downright astounding how many times I am forced to go back down there." He used the word forced with a little bit of sass, it seemed he preferred to avoid the first floor for the most part. "Nice armor, by the way." He looks her over curiously and says "A bit bulkier than I expected for you, but it's light enough in the right places." He winks playfully as he approached the teleport plaza.

Piera was about to turn around and look in the crowd for Kalesh when she felt a tapping on her shoulder. Years of having been the prey for children and children at heart trained her not to visibly react...too much that was. The brunette stiffened and froze before carefully turned her head, her expression blank before relaxing when she saw who it was. Eyes rolling behind her glasses, she simply sighed at his laughter, resting an armored hand on her armored hip. "Oh yes, I'm just dragging you kicking and screaming aren't I? Well then maybe I'll just leave you here and solo the quest myself." She turned back to the teleport plaza and saw that he was still following her. Her cool expression softened though when he complimented her new armor before commenting on its bulkiness and simultaneously flirting.

Smiling wider and rolling her eyes yet again, the alchemist replied, "I've fully committed to the support role now that I have the First Aid skill. But to do that properly, I needed a bit more protection. So I went and special ordered a set of heavy armor. Mostly mitigation but also a bit of health regeneration as I can't heal myself." Once they stepped up to the teleport platform, Piera would glance back at the red head and raise an eyebrow. "Last chance to back out."

Kalesh smirked at her reaction, however slight and said "Hey, I don't like the doom and gloom down there, not my fault!" He shrugged his shoulders and followed her as she turned and started towards the teleporter. "Makes sense. If the healer or support gets a scraped knee and explode, then everyone is going to be having a bad time..." He blinked and said "Uh... in the fight, I mean, not because... Okay, you get the point!" He chuckled softly as he stepped onto the platform and said "Well, if you want to be support, then I should make sure you support me then." He grins as he removes his scimitar and instead equips the rare quality sword he had. "I probably won't be able to kill many things with one blow if I am using this. Objections?" He winked, all too often a support or heal class will forget they even have offense skills. He wanted her to get a few hits in, naturally. "TOOLATE FLOOR1TOWNOFBEGINNINGS" he blurts and is suddenly teleported to the first floor, seconds later Piera received a party request!

Piera frowned slightly at his reasoning. "What 'doom and gloom'? Just because it's a bit empty now doesn't make it gloomy..." She knew there were still plenty of players living peacefully in the comfort of safe zones, Lee and herself having been one of them until not long ago. At Kalesh's exaggeration she let out an annoyed, 'tch' before protesting, "I wouldn't explode from a scraped knee, jeez." But when he floundered and tried to clarify she simply looked at him in confusion with a single raised eyebrow before shaking her head, preferring not to even know what he was talking about.

As the red headed male stated that he would make sure she supported him she stated dryly, "I'm having immediate regrets already." But then the corner of her mouth twitched to show that she was teasing him and enjoying it. The brunette tilted her head as she watched him change out his weapon that didn't look quite as good as the original. As soon as he asked if she had any objections, the alchemist's mouth opened only to immediately be cut off as he blurted out the teleport phrase, leaving her fuming alone as she stomped the teleport pad in frustration.

Furiously denying the party request she stated heatedly, "Floor one, Town of Beginnings!" As soon as she appeared next to her companion she glared at him and pointed with an armored finger rudely but not saying anything. Instead she swiped open her menu and sent him an invite to an already made party containing herself and Lee. "My quest, my rules." Piera then stuck a tongue out at him for added effect.

The moment Piera was through the teleporter she was greeted with the sight of an apparently in shock Kalesh, his face as if she had just told him the most shocking rumor in Aincrad, his hand over his heart at the knowledge she had refused his party request! The look on her face and the accusatory pointing was everything he desired and more so when she sent her own party request he smiled and happily tapped the accept button. "Deal. What is rule number one?" He smiled and blinked as he looked up into the corner of his vision to see Lee's name. "Hm. Am I walking into an ambush?" He was obviously joking, sticking his tongue out back to her as he let the blunt end of his katana rest against his shoulder.

Kalesh took a moment to glance around the mostly empty floor, shrugging his shoulders as he says "Okay, fine, not gloomy, but I still don't like being in the town here." He reaches up and scratches his head nervously. "Might just be the memories of everyone being all unmotivated and despairing about being trapped..." He said in barely a whisper "...myself included..." He shook his head to shake such thoughts from his mind and said "Anyways, let's head to the field, please?" He smiled, trying not to think of the first time he actually crossed the border into the fields. He had been so hesitant and scared of death, and it wasn't that long ago it actually happened!"

Piera smirked as she was greeted with Kalesh's overly shocked expression before he finally got over it and accepted her own party invite. "Rule number one is: don't f*** with the support." The brunette gave him a winning smile before blinking at his joking question. Letting out a huff of air in amusement she replied, "Not unless you're the one that set it up." Then pulling up her menu she explained, "You can see your party members as little dots on a map so you always know where they are, as well as their health and status." She pointed to the map for effect which showed their dots close to each other on floor one before then switching to the third floor where Lee's dot was. "It's how we keep an eye on each other and make sure we're alright." She shrugged before swiping her menu closed.

Noticing his glance at the pretty much empty plaza area of floor one, the alchemist's lips pursed at his explanation, looking down at their feet. "It's hard, realizing that you could actually die very easily and yet still pressing on. Some people will never be able to do it. But that's their choice and no one should judge them for that." Nodding as he asked for them to please move on she walked down the steps and through the town with a sense of eerie familiarity. She recognized several different inns that Lee and herself had stayed at before she finally became an alchemist and got her own shop where they could crash. Shaking her head, the brunette pressed on, staring at the border that marked the edge of the safe zone before leading out into the fields. "Here we go." She said softly before crossing the threshold, a small menu popping up on her HUD informing her that she was leaving a safe zone before winking out of existence. "Where to?" Piera asked of her companion. "I'm terrible with directions and you've already done this quest before."

Kalesh could only grin at her response to his question, a wave of pride going through him as he says "You're a natural, that's the perfect mindset that all heals should have!... Mess with me, and you aren't getting back up." He gives her a thumbs up and follows her towards the gates, looking at his map and saying "So in other words, for every hitpoint of damage you take, Lee knows who to smack for it?" He grinned at the idea, having motivation to put himself in between enemies and her. "Noted." He sighed softly and directed his eyes upward and away from the surroundings of the town. "Yeah, pretty tough especially if you are surviving purely by the numbers... This much col to survive, this much risk in stepping outside... this much time before the money runs out." He sighs softly and taps his katana against his shoulder impatiently. When the get was in sight he lowered his sword off his shoulder and picked up his pace by a fair bit. He took the sword into both his hands as he crossed the border, ever refusing to step out of a safe zone unless prepared to get pounced.

Now that he was out of the town and distracted by Piera asking him to lead the way he smiles and looks at his map, scrolling over before saying "This way." He smiled and gestured for her to follow him as he started towards a decently dense forest. His instructions were simple but clear "If you see something suuuuuper ugly, that's it... but for the love of Kayaba, don't go after the ones with fruit on their heads." He chuckled as he reminds her one again, just in case. "Oooonly the flowery ones. That's where you get your quest items from!" He smiled as he glanced around, happily pointing out "Most of my family has a poor sense of direction. I'm fairly used to that kinda situation, thankfully we all get maps, so finding your way back isn't so bad."

Piera grinned back at Kalesh as he approved of her attitude. "Yup! Better remember it too. Wish it was like that in all games. Some of em it was like being in an abusive relationship." Her expression twisted into a grimace as she remembered a particularly fun but also equally unpleasant at times game. "You'd get blamed for everything. Even if the person you were supporting was the one that sucked!" The alchemist shook her head before looking back at her companion and nodding with an amused smile. "Pretty much." She liked the attitude he was taking and felt a bit more relaxed working with him. This was the first time they'd be fighting alongside each other she realized and she was fairly sure that they would work together smoothly.

Her lips pursed as he described the hard times that low level players had while trying to survive in safe zones, col being the issue. Technically one didn't need col to survive, but for basic comforts like food and a place to sleep, it was a necessity and even if you were a crafter, you would eventually need to leave the safe zone to gather materials, which could be a hazard in and of itself. She and Lee had been through these very troubles only months before. Seeing the red head equip his weapon, she quickly did so as well, using her two handed spear as more of a walking stick.

Piera followed as the loner lead the way, stressing yet again what Nepent to fight and which not to. Sighing, the alchemist rolled her eyes. "I'm not doing sh** for Kayaba's love. So what I'm hearing is: stab the first thing that has a fruit on its head that I see." Her grin widened as her eyes shone with mischief behind her glasses before she gave up her joke. "I got it, I got it. Only the flowery ones, promise." She didn't particularly look where they were going as Kalesh lead the way while telling her a bit about his family and their sense of direction. Chuckling, Piera replied, "Always handy to have a map." Her mouth opened for a moment, but no sound came out as an odd expression passed over her face before she simply closed her lips and continued walking silently.

He nodded in absolute agreement, happily saying with a cheery tone. "Aww, that's just because you haven't properly trained your peons yet~" He says in fond recollection of such times. "You gotta remember, you are the sadist of the relationship -and- their god!" He grinned and mischievously adds "They should be honored you are allowing them to survive to keep serving your purposes. Muahahaha~" He fake laughs as non-maniacally as possible. "That said I've had to babysit the idiots before. They sure aren't good at taking orders either... I don't mind orders as in 'this is how you play your class' but orders like 'For the love of me, hide behind the pillar when he gets a shadow aura. You are not a combat rogue, you can't make yourself immune to magic damage." He sighed dramatically at such stubborn players and their rigidness. "Oh, my favorite though is the 'pls rez' noobs who don't realize that either revives are out of combat only, or you are too low leveled to combat res."

When Piera suggested that she stab a fruity nepent he gasped indignantly and raised a hand to sass back before she promised not to kill the fruity nepents. A smile crossed his face and he raised his hand and held out a pinky. "Pinky swear?" He chuckled softly and rolled his eyes, aware how childish he was acting as he lead the way deep into the forests. When the forest got as dense as it would go he happily said to Piera. "And the ball is in your court, now. At this point we just wander around until we find something to shank." He was rather fond of that word. Shiv too, they just sounded better to him than 'stab' most of the time.

Piera snickered at Kalesh's cheery attitude as he gave her advice of how to properly support, some of the advice being to train her 'peons' and be sadistic and god-like. "I-hehe, I'll try and remember that. Not sure if I'm cut out for being a support now though." She was joking of course, though she wasn't sure how she'd handle having to babysit someone she was supposed to be supporting. At least not if they were in an actual life or death matter. They'd probably die due to her lack of command. She was a follower, not a leader. The woman could hardly decide what she wanted for breakfast in the morning let alone major decisions. But listening to the redhead speak of instances where he was in such situations (or at least it sounded like it), the brunette couldn't help but crack up. "O-Oh god! Haha! Forgive me ahead of time if I ask some noob questions then. I'm definitely not as wise and experienced as you~." Her tone was a bit too gushing to be entirely genuine, but she meant most of it.

Rolling her eyes along with her companion, the bespectacled young woman linked her armored pinky in his before shaking. "Pinky swear I will not intentionally hit one of the fruity nepents." Unintentionally however....she couldn't be held accountable for. Stepping over a tree root, she noticed that it was definitely a lot shadier further into the forest and she glanced around, wondering why they hadn't run into anything yet. Glancing back at her friend, Piera then spotted something over his shoulder and she gestured silently with her head for him to look. It certainly looked like a plant like creature, a bulbous yellow and green thing who's 'back' was turned, making it indeterminable whether what sort of Nepent it was. The brunette crept forward towards her prey, hoping to catch it unawares.

He grinned at her apparent epiphany that she wasn't cut out for support, shaking his head as he says "All jokes and MMO-logic aside, you'd make for a good support if you ask me." He gestures to where he necklace would hang. "Most people would have crammed that thing with evasion or accuracy... You chose something that doesn't make you stronger, but makes others able to fight longer. That is way more awesome than me. I'm far too selfish." He admits with a sigh, shrugging his shoulders. His help was less direct. More in the form of damage or taking a slap or two, not healing or the like. When she laughed and suggested he was wise he in turn laughed and said "Hardly, I'm just a veteran who knows how to MMO... In fact, if you have noob questions, I would rather they be asked rather than apologized over." He grins and gives her a wink. "I prefer to spread my knowledge. It's just the people who don't understand how learning works that bug me." He chuckled softly at memories of people running head-first into a boss in the hopes that the healer would make them immortal.

With the sacred pinky swear sealed he smiled and returned his hand to his katana. It was going to take some getting used to, using both hands on a weapon so light. He was a greatsword user until fairly recently! "Good... If you do, get ready to find out why I needed a bath." He shuddered in recollection of the foul scent, following after Piera when she gestured, noticing the Nepent before long but squinting his eyes. He couldn't make out the type it was juuust yet. He nodded to Piera that he was ready to start when she was. He aimed his katana at the foe-to-be while taking a deep breath.

Piera smiled at the support of her...well being a support. "Glad you think so. Since I'm going to be supporting you, heh." She glanced down at her Healing Heart as Kalesh gestured towards it, saying what most people would have chosen to enhance it with, while she had chosen something that could help others. Chuckling lightly she said, "I'm not so good at doing, but I'm plenty good at helping. You don't get blamed as much and you get to feel the satisfaction of when someone succeeds because that means you did good." The brunette shrugged at her simple logic. "But I'm nothing without the people to do the damage and the actual tanks to draw damage away from me." She was hoping that the second front would be covered by Lee when he got higher leveled though. Nodding as he told her to ask her noob questions rather than apologize for them, she simply kept the availability in mind, not having anything to ask currently, or at least nothing that came to mind immediately.

The alchemist instead concentrated on creeping forward behind the Nepent she had spotted. Glancing aside to her redheaded companion and seeing his nod, Piera waited until she was mere feet behind the plant monster before stabbing it square in its 'back'. Immediately the creature to let out an odd buzzing squeal, a leaf striking out but missing woefully due to her utilizing the long range of her weapon to stay back. It turned to face them and she thankfully saw that there was no fruit in sight but instead a large blooming floor atop its mouth...or head...whatever it was. Before it could do much else though, liquid began to pour out from where she had stabbed it and it quivered before the Nepent exploded into bright fragments, not able to handle withstand the bleed damage after the harsh critical hit. The brunette's eyebrows raised in surprise as she was awarded a minor amount of experience as well as a quest item, updating her quest log. "....Well I certainly hit the easy button on that one." She then winced, immediately regretting her words and glanced over her shoulder in paranoia.

ID: 33855
BD: 10+1Acc=11
DMG: 2+2Crit+2Bleed=6
MD: 2 (miss)

Piera: 44/44
Kalesh: 48/48
Little Nepent: 0/5 (Dead)

Edited by Piera

Kalesh couldn't help but smile at how she phrased some things. "Hmm. I see. I am more of an indirect helper. Sometimes stabbing the right things can help someone as much as healing their stab wounds." He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, rather liking the blade-for-hire aspect of things as well as the tiny profit he got from it. He had been helping a couple crafters, even if he had ulterior motifs. They benefited one way or the other. He couldn't resist saying in a grandiose manner after popping his monocle in. "Why, I am flattered that you think you would be nothing without me, but I fear that I must refute your words. I daresay you could smite many a beast on your lonesome by the fearsome aura I deduce from you. As well as the fact that if spun the wrong way I might obtain the ire of a certain gentleman." He pops out his monocle and pockets it while rolling his eyes.

When Piera one-hit killed the Nepent he laughed aloud and sheathed his katana just to clap for her. "What was that about not being so good at doing again?" He teased as he redrew his blade and looked around. Soon he saw a monster in the horizon and pointed his blade in its direction. "If you still feel confident from that kill, there's another one." He smiled proudly, glad they didn't have to wait forever... he had to admit his heart skipped a beat when liquid poured out of the Nepent, but he tried to hide it.

[ID# 33856][LD: 13]

((When I am searching for monsters I try to be clevur and use the stealth rules of default being 10 and so if I go over that I find it :P That's just me xD))

Edited by Kalesh

As Kalesh explained how he 'helped', Piera chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, taking out the thing that's killing someone is pretty helpful I have to admit. That was originally how I was going to 'help', but I prefer my way better personally. Mm...speaking of which, I really need to get a different weapon. Not really appropriate for a support to have a weapon that can make monsters bleed. But paralyze them on the other hand..."

The brunette's gaze flicked to the red head as he assumed an odd accent as well as a monocle of all things, causing her hand to fly to her mouth in an attempt to contain her chortles. "Pfffff! F-Fearsome aura, sure." Though she couldn't help but smile as he mentioned Lee's ire. "Well unless your spinning involved you spinning your d-" Whatever she was about to say was lost in the encounter with the nepent.

Blinking in surprise as her friend actually clapped for her victory over the single Nepent, Piera chuckled awkwardly, pulling on her bangs. "H-Hey, that was a fluke! It's only cuz I was able to sneak up on it and plus we're on the first floor, even I'm overleveled for this place." But her posture tensed again as he mentioned another one, turning to where his weapon was pointing. The commotion seemed to have earned the attention of a second Nepent as it waddled towards the pair of players. Readying her lance, Piera saw the plant monster weave to the right and assumed that it was attacking her right and so reached out with her weapon to strike it. However it was simply waddling and was actually using momentum to strike at her left. But since she shot forward to where it no longer was, she was caught off balance and it ended with neither of them hitting. Though there was the amusing outcome of the bespectacled young woman flailing to try to catch her feet.

ID: 33997
BD: 3+1Acc=4
MD: 2

Kalesh: 48/48
Little Nepent: 5/5

Edited by Piera

He nodded in understanding as Piera explained her helping method and how she preferred it, Kalesh happily saying "Oh, I didn't intend to belittle or anything, I actually enjoy healing from time to time in some MMO." He looks at his katana, tilting it until he saw his reflection. "Old habits die hard is all. I started out a DPS player, I'm gonna stick with what I am good with." At her mentioning getting a weapon with paralyze rather than bleed he nodded happily, almost eagerly! "Ooh, that would be great! I for one certainly would not mind finishing off a foe that isn't going to fight back." When she laughed at his suggestion that she was not fearsome and what it would take to get Lee's ire he was dead-set on sassing if that meant he could do anything short of that, but then fate intervened.

At her uncontained humility Kalesh could only shrug his shoulder as he takes his weapon into his hands, clenching tight as he trained his eye on the incoming foe and watched them both miss their marks by a mile it seemed! Kalesh leisurely walked up while saying. "My turn!... and don't sell yourself short. Fluke or no, you killed it on your own. Don't take luck for granted!" He winked playfully as he stepped into the Nepent's range, turning his eyes to the creature just as it was bringing two long vines downward perhaps to thump his skull. Kalesh merely stepped a little to his left and the attack went past his shoulder. "Whoopsie!" He says before slicing the veggie in half, turning to his hunting partner after blinking for a moment. "What the..." He starts tapping through menus to figure out how he one hit killed it. "OH. That last one leveled me up. Neat." He smiles to Piera "Thanks~!" he said as he approached her again.

Once at her side he asked "You get a quest item from that?" He looked to Piera curiously while resting his katana onto his shoulder in wait for their next opponent. "If you did, that means you only need one more... Then we can do whatever." He smiles to her curiously. "Drinks? Food?" He shrugged, always up for a mini-celebration with his friends. "I'll pay~" He adds as incentive. If people survived stepping out of town, to him that was worth being happy about, no matter the reason! He did understand she was a busy girl though and said "Buuuut if you gotta get back to work then fiiiiine." He grinned, glancing around for any signs of another Nepent but having no luck himself.

[ID# 33998][BD: 4+2=6][LD: 1][MD: 3-1=2] 

Kalesh: 52/52
Little Nepent: 0/5 -5HP

Edited by Kalesh

Piera smiled fondly as the redheaded man explained that since he started out as a damage dealer, he liked to keep with it as he was good at it. "Hey, don't break what ain't fixed." Then she blinked when she realized how much she blundered up the saying, "Er, uh, I mean don't fix...you know what I meant..." The brunette looked away awkwardly, her hand immediately going to mess with her bangs. She glanced back shyly with a hopeful smile when Kalesh seemed to show enthusiasm over the idea of her switching to paralyze instead of bleed. "I should have enough col to be able to afford another weapon after the boss raid." She was getting quite a good chunk of cash for her efforts, even with the discount she gave Zelrius because the items were going to a good cause. "But I'd also like to save up my money to buy a house with Lee..."

Barely catching herself by throwing out an arm to lean against a tree, Piera looked back to see the Nepent already exploding into bright blue polygons, not able to withstand even one hit from the swordsman. Which she wasn't surprised at honestly if she was able to one hit one herself. As he thanked her for helping him level up, the brunette chuckled. "No problem. Glad that this could do something for you other than just kill time." When he asked if she got a quest item, she had to pull up her inventory to check but was pleasantly surprised. "Yup!" Tilting her head as Kalesh stated that she'd only need one more and then they could do something else more casual, even offering to pay, which caused her to grin. "A man after my own heart~ And no, I'm actually free after this. I did all my crafting for today and couldn't even craft more if I wanted to. My guild is busy leveling up for the boss fight up on floors way too high for me. Lee's becoming a merchant I think. Aaaand I'm free for the rest of the day."

Kalesh couldn't help but grin at her little mess up for the phrase, happily saying to her in turn "I dunno, I find it very stress-relieving to break something that isn't fixed. Especially if you spent hooooours trying to fix it." He winked playfully "I know what you meant, and thank you. I think I will keep going down the path traveled by many." He chuckled, 'messing up' a saying himself. DPS are by far the most common thing in most MMO... He was surprised how many tanks he saw. He blamed it on the whole wanting to feel safe thing. When Piera mentioned a house he sighed softly and said "A house would be nice... A place to be even when nobody else is around." He shrugged his shoulders. "It's... Kinda weird how things worked out. I rarely stepped outside in the real world... But here?" He taps the back of his sword against his shoulder as an idle action "I spend more time outside than inside." He chuckled "Fear makes you do crazy things, hm?" He realized he was rambling and said "Anyways, I hope you two get a nice big house for the two of you... Best of luck figuring out who does what chores." He smiled a slight-bit enviously that she had that option.

While she checked her inventory for the item and confirmed that it had dropped even while in a party he says "I don't know why I keep doubting it. But I keep checking each time I am in a quest with someone if my kills count for them." He shrugged a little and happily says "And you don't need to worry about me getting anything out of it. Spending time with someone is plenty a payback." He tried not to laugh at how corny that sounded to him, making his stroke his temples a moment. When Piera explained that everybody else was busy and she had the rest of the day off he grinned happily and said "Great! Any opinion where you want to go?" He hummed as he thought. "I hear the tenth floor is asian styled. Maybe we could find some dishes there that are themed the same?... No, wait... Everyone there is undead... Uh..." He pondered while trying to think of another place, realizing his palette in this game was not expanded very far.