[PP-F4] A Quiet Night at the Starglade (Flints) - Complete!

Endilix sat in his bar, having some warm tea for the evening to warm up his bones. It had been a long week for the man, and an even longer one for his brother, whom he didn't envy for having to be the actual face of their new guild. And then besides that, one of their recruits was a bit of a nuisance, and Emerath had made one of the first guild missions with said recruit. Of course he did. Endilix gave a sigh and took a nice long sip of his tea.

He had brought Flints back to the bar after the entire ordeal that had happened. She had been in a bit of a daze since they arrived, and he wasn't entirely sure what she was up to in this moment. He supposed that was for the best. For all he knew she was off doing something crazy, and he really didn't want to think about that until he had to clean up the mess later. Ah, to be a shop owner with a crazy friend. That's the life.

Edited by Endilix

Flints was shivering like crazy. she loved the cold but this was ridiculous, in thin clothing it wasn't fun to experience. she glanced around the room from the couch she sat upon and only vaguely remembered it. "good times" she laughed a little, but then went back to thinking about the odd turn of events that had happened that day. why was Isamishi so into her? he didn't even know her! no one did really. she thought about the odd closeness and the warmth of him then quickly yelled out in anger. "why me! why!?" she quickly threw all the pillows to the ground and slid off the couch on them whimpering till she grew tired. if anything could make her feel safe enough to sleep it was Endilix's bar. or maybe it was actually Endilix, and not being surrounded by booze. she blushed at the thought of him but sleep took its hold on her and she passed out for a quick nap.

Endilix just about spilled his tea when he heard Flints shouting from the couch. He slowly set the cup and saucer down so as not to make a mess before walking into the other room to see her sleeping rather soundly on the couch at the moment. "Huh, that's odd..." he mumbled to himself as he watched her. Is she faking being asleep? Or did she really fall asleep that fast? Endilix went into one of his closets and grabbed a blanket, before walking back out and around the bar to where Flints slept on the couch. He let the blanket unfold in his hands, before placing it over the woman as she slept. He also picked her up and actually placed her on the couch proper, with the pillows under her head while she was still wrapped up in the blanket. Yep, it has definitely been a long day.

Flints felt herself start to get really warm she didn't realize she had fallen asleep but last time she checked it wasn't on the couch, or wrapped up. she looked around the room and finally spotted Endilix. "oh hey...there you are" she whispered then closed her eyes again. "you did this? thank you" she began to fall back to sleep. she hadn't really spoken to anyone after the whole ordeal, she didn't really know what to do. she felt like a child, pouting about something so insignificant but yet she couldn't help it. she tossed and turned before zeroing in on Endilix again. she stayed starring at him almost in a daze. she wasn't sure what to say to him so she just watched him.she couldn't apologize for Isa's actions, but some how they made her feel incredibly guilty.

Endilix had gone back into the bar and grabbed his tea before walking back out to the lounge where Flints was asleep. He leaned up against the bar and sipped his tea as he wondered what in the world was going on with her. She wasn't being all crazy and rambunctious like normal. When she finally woke up and thanked him, Endilix hid his blush behind a really long sip of his tea and tried his best not to spit it out. And then she just kept staring at him. He didn't want to break eye contact with her. He felt that might've been rude and given her the wrong idea, but he was getting more nervous the longer she stared at him. Finally, Endilix realized that he had no more tea to drink and slowly removed the cup from his face, saying, "Uh. Is everything ok?"

She looked away from him as a blush spread across her cheeks. "Uh, I'm sorry Endilix" her voice cracked a little from the emotions she had been holding in. How silly it felt but yet she couldn't stop. This feeling was overwhelming. She quickly stood up in panick and ran outside in search of fresh air, she completely forgotten about how cold it was out there and quickly regretted her decision as soon as her bare feet touched the snow. She yelped out in pain but didn't run back inside, she stood still and whined at the cold air that nipped at her. She was a mess. she cursed Isa  for making her mind run amuck. All she wanted on her mind was Endilix and now that she was alone with him she was too guilty to actually hold conversation with him. She looked up into the sky then closed her eyes tightly, she couldn't feel her little feet anymore but that was okay. At least the air was crisp.

Endilix was a bit concerned when Flints went running off into the snow without equipping her shoes. He frowned and grabbed the blanket, before poking his head out the door to see that she was just standing there, shivering in the snow. Something was definitely wrong, as she just stood there, not even seeming to register the cold. But that didn't mean her HP bar wouldn't start to register it after a while if she wasn't careful. He took the blanket and wrapped it around her, before saying, "Really though, it's cold out here. Especially in the evening. Come back inside. You'll start to take cold damage if you're not careful."

Flints didn't turn to face him till he wrapped her up, she quickly opened the blanket back up and hugged him tightly, enveloping them both in it as her little body shivered from the cold. "Okay you win..lets go back inside.." She stuttered from the cold winds but looked up at Endlix and didn't let him go. She missed his embrace. His warmth. She hadn't been able to get near him for a while and clearly it was long over do. She started to shift awkwardly on her toes from the cold but she held him tightly. If she had to lose her feet just to feel his warmth she would gladly stand out in the cold all night with him. 

Endilix was a bit surprised by the sudden hug, but he wasn't against it. He held her as he walked back inside with her, an arm around her. He pushed the door open and led her inside, letting the door shut behind him and block out the rest of the cold. He looked down at Flints with a frown as he led her back to the couch, "Really though, what were you thinking? I don't exactly want to test how deadly the cold is in this game. You should at least equip your shoes before going outside." He led her to the couch, and then slowly sat her down, sitting next to her. She didn't seem like she was planning on letting go of him right in this moment, so he didn't feel the need to try to tear her away.

Flints followed Endilix obediently into the shop and say beside him. She blushed when he asked her what was wrong and finally she spoke a little more. "Well i just..feel bad. Isa kissed me. And It was good. But. I didn't want it, I didn't want him to be my first here!" She blurted out the last bit then became very flustered. "I thought maybe if I did become close to someone, it would be a gradual thing. And it would be special.." As she spoke she gently placed a hand against Endilix's arm and realized how childish she was being. She didn't want to admit that she was hoping it was Endilix who would kiss her. She thought back to the quips Emerath made about Endilix getting engrossed in women very easily and she frowned a little. She felt like he was different than that. But who would know him better than his own brother. 

Endilix placed his hand on the hand that was on his arm and frowned a bit at Flints. She looked so very concerned over what had happened with the little twerp who had treated her so poorly. Endilix hadn't really liked the idea that Isa had done that, but he that was why he had made him apologize. Seems like it wasn't good enough, however. Flints was still rather torn up about the entire ordeal. Endilix pulled her close to him and gave her a big hug, holding her tightly. "How about this? If you promise to put shoes on, we'll go to the Starglade. It's a nice little place on this floor where we can be alone, and it's better than this cooped up little bar."

Flints relaxed into Endilix's hug, she blushed more and hugged him tightly and listened to him mention a place she had never even heard of. But whatever it was it sounded nice. She laughed when he started to talk about her wearing her shoes. "Alright I'll put them on...And I like the cooped up little bar." She smiled at him then stood, equipping her shoes and waiting for him to lead her out of the bar. She liked spending time with Endilix, so going on a little adventure seemed like a good thing for the two. It would definitely take her mind off previous events. 

Endilix smiled as she stood and then took his blanket and wrapped it around her, tying it around her neck like a makeshift cloak. "There, to keep you warm out there." He was really wearing his long sleeved cook uniform, but it was thick enough he figured he'd be alright. He took Flints by the hand and said, "Shall we then?" He smiled, only sort of knowing the way to the Starglade. He had never been. Never had any real reason for him to go. But now was as good a time as any.

Edited by Endilix

Flints smiled as he knighted her with a cloak. She stood tall and raised her head triumphantly and placed her arms at her sides posing heroically. "There. Now I won't freeze to death!" She reached out for his hand and followed him out the door into the icy world. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be! So long as you're with me." She smiled warmly at him as they began their journey together. 

Endilix held her hand as he led her out of the shop and in the direction of the Starglade. It was a secluded area in a grove of trees, that seemed untouched by anyone except the pairs of footsteps of other couples of adventurers. Sometimes there was only one pair of footsteps, of one adventurer, perhaps looking to get away from the world and relax for a time. Endilix led Flints into the grove and he found a nice set of rocks that looked like they were made just for a pair of people to sit together. There were no benches or anything that one would expect such as at Frostbite Lake. It was all wild here, wild and clean of the hands of men. Endilix led her to the rocks, and sat, motioning Flints to do the same, as he looked up at the stars. There were hundreds in the sky, clear as day. "I can see why they call this Starglade," he said, as he sat down.

Edited by Endilix

Flints followed Endlix for what felt like ages, she didn't mind. She watched him so focused on getting them to starglade she didn't realize they we're there till he sat and motioned for her. She looked around at the little grove, it was beautiful. And peaceful, her eyes finally came to a halt on Endilix who was sitting down on a rock, to her the boulders looked like a throne. She took a deep breath not realizing she was shaking, not from the cold but from the nervousness the setting brought upon her. She quickly went to sit by Endilix, but instead sat upon his lap and looked up at the sky. "Wow..I didn't think Aincrad had such a complex solar system. It's beautiful.." Her eyes widened and she smiled in amazement at how large the stars looked from here. "Do you think there's other planets, here? In the game?" She laughed "let's go to another planet. Just me and you" she looked up from beneath him and hummed happily. The idea of  Isa was finally off her mind for once. 

Endilix was a bit shocked that Flints chose him to be her seat rather than the rock, but he also supposed that was better than her being cold. He shifted a bit to allow her a more comfortable seat and put an arm around her waist. As she talked about other planets, he found himself getting lost in the idea of going somewhere else, far away from here. "There are always worlds other than this. I wouldn't mind visiting them with you."

Idly, Endilix looked out into the trees, but only for a moment, before looking back to the woman in his lap with a smile.

Edited by Endilix

Flints liked the idea of going places with Endilix. She felt him shift and happily adjusted to him and when his arm went around her waist she began to blush and blurted out, " do you think those other worlds are just as dangerous? I wouldn't want you to die. I must protect you with my life." She leaned against him and relaxed she kept looking at the stars more than at Endilix, she was amazed and scared. She then realized how silly it must have sounded coming from her. 

Edited by Flints

Endilix couldn't help but laugh at how odd it was to see this wild woman be so, girlish. He found it cute though and smiled at her. "Hey, aren't I supposed to be protecting you?" He looked at the stars that she was and gave a bit of a sigh. "I suppose everywhere is dangerous. But don't worry. Neither of us is going to die. Not until we're old and gray. At least, that's the plan." How silly was this? Now he was talking about getting old. Endilix shook his head at himself. What in the world was going on?

Endilix gave another idle look out into the trees, the same as last time, but quickly brought his attention back to Flints.

Edited by Endilix

Flints couldn't stop shivering. It was annoying. She gave Endilix a puzzled glance when he laughed. "What's so funny?!" She growled at him and got off his lap, quickly clambering up the stone and sat higher up. The stars had stolen her attention. They were so vast and beautiful. She looked down at Endilix from where she sat and smiled at him, then suddenly pulled on a branch, covering both of them in soft snow. She wasn't expecting it to be so cold and immediately regretted her decision but scooped most of it off of herself and sent it down to Endilix. "There. Is that better? I feel like you needed a little shock to your system." She winked at him giggling from where she was perched.