[PP-F4] A Quiet Night at the Starglade (Flints) - Complete!

Endilix was a bit sad when she had left his lap. He hadn't meant the laugh as something bad, nor was he laughing at her. He gave the woman a puzzled look until he was doused in snow. The man gave a cry as his body froze and he just about fell over backwards off the rock he was sitting on. He quickly brushed off the snow and looked at Flints, even more confused, but not upset. The man gave a shiver and wrapped his arms around himself. "I'm not sure I agree that I needed that."

Edited by Endilix

Flints looked down at Endilix and sighed at his negative reaction. "ah you screwed up, you idiot." she thought to herself before jumping off the rock and landing beside Endilix. she didn't give him time to react before she took off the blanket she was wearing and covered him in it and pulled him into an embrace, his body was warm despite the snow she dumped on him so she began to pick the little leftover flecks out of his hair and clothes, the she hugged him again and buried her face against his neck, she hadn't let herself give into him this much before but her goal was to try and keep him warm. "i'm sorry.." she whimpered and rubbed his sides gently. 

Endilix could feel the wetness of the snow seeping into his clothes as it melted against his warmth. He frowned at Flints, but accepted the blanket and her embrace. He looked at her as she pulled the snow from his hair. It seemed like some of it just ended up melting onto her fingers as she did so. Endilix wasn't sure what was really going on as he watched her. Felt her warmth, the hug. Felt her eyes upon him, and then her face upon his neck. He wrapped his arms around her. Maybe she just wants someone that she can protect. Maybe I should stop being such an arrogant prick and trying to protect her. She doesn't need it. Endilix slowly pulled her from hugging him, into the blanket that he had wrapped around him, wrapping it around her as well. Maybe I'm the one that needs protecting?

Flints watched as Endilix changed a little, she wasn't sure why but he seemed a little lost I. Thought. She wanted to fix whatever kept nothing him but she knew she couldn't. "Are you okay Endilix?" Flints let him wrap her up yet she kept shaking. "E-Endilix...you...you make me feel safe." She chattered but looked up at him with warm eyes. She wanted to appease his nature. She knew he was just as protective as she was. But maybe it was time for her to relax a bit and let someone else keep her safe. Whilst keeping them safe. What an odd feeling. 

Endilix looked to Flints, almost as if seeing her for the first time. What happens when two people don't really know what they want from each other, but keep striving towards what they think the other wants? Endilix asked himself as he looked into the woman's eyes. After a few moments of staring at her, he finally gave a smile. "Ah, I'm sorry. I just got a bit lost in the stars, that's all. I feel a lot better now, with you close, and warming me up." He put a hand on her cheek and kept his smile warm. That was what each of them need in right this moment at least. A bit of warmth to keep them going in this bitter cold. "I trust you, Flints. You make me feel safe as well. I like to have you around, and I like having someone that has my back and will listen to me gripe about my brother."

Flints felt a flush overcome her as Endilix told her everything she wanted to hear. "I'll be here for you till the end..for both of you." She smiled at him and leaned into his touch. "The stars will certainly swallow you whole, they are too beautiful for their own good!" She laughed and lead Endilix back to the rock to shield them from the icy winds. She just wanted to stay close to him all night. This place was perfect.. 

Endilix wasn't sure why he had been worried to begin with. Sure, he had always been the noncommittal type, but perhaps that was only because he didn't let anyone get close to him.

As Endilix was brought over to Flints' higher up rock, he paused her for a moment. He placed a hand on her cheek and said, "I want you to know that the only reason I didn't do this sooner was because I didn't want to treat you like every other girl I've met. You were not one to just be used up and thrown away. Thank you for showing me that there are women worth fighting for and loving, for a guy like me." And then Endilix pulled her close to him and lightly pressed his lips to hers under the stars.

Flints followed Endilix to the highest point of the rocks when he suddenly cupped her face, she listened to his sweet words and before she could speak he pulled her close, her heart began to race. His soft lips pressed against hers sent her mind to live amongst the stars; everything she had been pondering or worrying about quickly vanished and it was only him that filled her thoughts. She instinctually gripped onto his sides bracing herself a little, a blush crept upon her face but she didn't release him, she didn't fight him. This was what she wanted. This bond. Endilix's was hers now. She would stop at nothing to keep him safe. She pulled away breathlessly but kept his body close to hers as she looked up at the stars in amazement wishing for the night to never end. 

For a moment Endilix was afraid that things would go horribly wrong. That she'd hate him for what he was doing and push him away. But that wasn't the case, as she further embraced him and the kiss. He was a bit sad when it ended, but as she looked at the stars, he kept his eyes on her, lost in his own sense of wonder. It was a strange thing, actually falling in love with someone. A part of him wasn't sure why he didn't do it sooner. As she looked to the sky, he leaned over and kissed her cheek, before looking up at the sky himself. So much beauty in one night was hard to take in.

Flints felt warm, her body was no longer shaking as she held onto Endilix, she felt stronger, as if all her fears in life suddenly vanished, and although she was looking at the stars all she saw and felt was Endilix's presence. As he kissed her cheek she became flustered again but intertwined their fingers, assuring him the feelings were all mutual. A little part of her was worried this was all too good to be true, as if she would wake up back on the couch at the bar, freezing and alone. She quickly dispelled the thought as she turned and kissed Endilix's neck, taking in his scent, she didn't want this to end. She looked back up at him and kissed his lips again but this time a little rougher. As if to attempt to reassure herself that this was all indeed real. 

"Endilix..did you want to know what my wish was?"  She whispered breathlessly into his ear. 

Edited by Flints

Endilix did not deny Flints the affections she gave to him, and returned them in kind. This woman, and this moment had become his world, even if only for this second when time stood still. He was consumed by the mixture of fire and ice surrounding the two fresh lovers enveloping one another. He was enraptured by the beauty of the wilds surrounding them, just as he was enraptured by this wild woman. As she kissed him, it only confirmed how he felt. That he had made the right decision. That this was real, and true. No matter what happened in this death game, they would have each other.

Finally, as Endilix felt her warm breath against his skin, as she asked her question, he said, in a whisper matching hers, "I've wondered. Since the day that we nearly killed each other in that shop."

Endilix's heart began to beat quickly in his chest. A part of him knew that was the answer, but actually hearing it said was an entirely different story. He looked at Flints as she stared at him, and he opened his mouth, but was completely lost for words. He wanted to put on a strong face, and be all manly and say, "Yes, of course. I knew that! Hahahahahaha!" but he just turned into a kitten inside. This woman wanted him. Had the other girls been like this? Had he hurt them and crushed their dreams by walking away? As he looked into Flints' eyes he realized he couldn't do that to her. So he just stood there, gaping like a fish, before finally saying, "That was why I hugged you. You were my wish too. If we were going to die, I at least wanted it to be close to you."

Flints watched as Endilix stared at her blankly before answering, she cocked her head a little and got a huge wave of fear wash over here, she felt like he was suddenly going to reject all the feeling she poured into this moment. She released his hands and smiled at him trying to mask the feeling but when he answered she smiled. "I'll make sure you won't die. You're going to make it, both you and Emerath. I'll be sure of it." She smiled up at him her body began to shiver again once she remembered where they were. She looked around again and up at the stars that seemed to shine brightly just for the two but she couldn't help but be a little afraid. Endilix was no stranger to women. No stranger to the chase. She was afraid to become another notch. But yet her heart told her otherwise. She needed Endilix. He was what she had been missing. 

"Heh, to think I almost tried to kill you.." She scoffed jokingly, she was far to nervous to make eye contact after all those thoughts raced through her mind. Could she really be in love with this man? It scared her. 

For a moment, Endilix thought he might've blew it. As she stepped away and released his hands. I shouldn't have gaped like a fish. Girls hate it when men gape like a fish. It's off putting and weird. Oh god, I sound like Emerath. Endilix gave a nervous chuckle, trying hard not to let it show how much he disliked that she had stepped away from him. He thought of how his brother actually almost killed Flints and he gave a shiver of his own. Finally, he grabbed her hand again, not wanting her to get too far away from him. "If you had killed me, at least I would've died at the hands of someone I can trust."

Flints shivered from the cold, the Icy winds stung her cheeks and made her chest burn with every breath. She pulled Endilix from his perch back down to the bottom of the rocks, she gently pushed him so he would sit against the rocks and shield her from the winds, Flints smiled innocently as she walked up to him and began to kiss him, her hand gently tugged at his hair as she pressed against him. The cold no longer bothered her as a blush began to flood her face. She held him in a possessive manor, he was hers now.

"I wouldn't have been able to kill you, because then I would have had nothing worth living for.." She looked into Endilix's eyes deeply and gave a sheepish smile. "You were worth the wait I'm glad your brother didn't slay me." She chuckled and pressed her hand to her chest as if to reassure herself that her and Emerath did fight. 

Endilix didn't fight Flints as she pulled him lower and down to a sitting position against the rocks. As she came up to him and kissed him he felt a sharpness in the emotions behind the words that she said. She said that she would've had nothing worth living for. Endilix ran a hand through her hair, looking into her eyes, "There is plenty in this world worth living for. I'm just an added bonus to the already amazing life you have. The same for you with me. You make up an amazing addition to my world. But please promise me that if anything happens to me you won't just give up." He looked into her eyes, and gave her a soft kiss. "Protect Emerath. Remember me in your heart. But live and be happy."

Flints eyes grew dim at the thought of Endilix being killed in game. Her jaw tightened and her eyes refused to meet his. The thought of him dying made a pain slowly rise in her throat till it stuck at its core, she tried to swallow but the pain worsened. She gave a little whimper and sat on his lap even though everything in her being told her to move away from him. She hated hearing the truth she had been instilling into her mind this whole time. But now that she thought about the death of someone she loved she refused. It pained her. "Then I guess we must make the best of the time we have, but like I said before. I refuse to let either of you fall. You need to make it back, and then when you guys wake up, you'll be glad to see eachother." She laughed at her foolish words. But she did everything in her might to fight the sadness that crept upon her. Even if it meant she wouldn't make it out of Aincrad she wouldn't stop fighting for the brothers to make it out okay. That she promised. 

Endilix looked at her for a long time before finally pulling her close to him. He held her tight, as he shielded her from the wind. Shielded her from the wild world beyond them. He wrapped her in the blanket that they still had that had floating between them between intimacies. Endilix held her for a while, before finally saying. "When I wake up. I want to see you and Emerath standing there. Or I want both of us to be standing there when you wake up. All three of us together, in the real world. And then we'll go and live wonderful lives together." He kissed her forehead, and held her tight. He never wanted to let her go. "I won't die. Not until I'm old and gray. Not without you by my side, forever."

Thread Complete!

• Endilix
    • +400 Col
    • +1 SP (Thread)
  • Flints
    • +400 Col
    • +1 SP (Thread)
Edited by Endilix