[PP-F1] Many Materials for Wicked Weapons and Adamant Armors! (Adelyn&Kalesh) [Finished]

He was making his way back from the outside fields of the first floor and back into the Town of Beginnings. Whatever business he had in the fields had been concluded and so he was heading back into the city now. For the most part, by this point in time, the streets were comparatively empty compared to when the game first started. Most of the people here were either merchants or just trying to live peacefully in his mind. Every now and then though he noticed someone would be holding a weapon, and that made him smile the brightest. It meant someone else was starting to develop some courage in his simple mind. In general he tried to avoid staying in town too long. The last thing he wanted was to become like he was before he stepped past the town border for the first time after all!

He had been lost in thought for more than a minute before he suddenly came back to earth just in time to narrowly avoid bumping into a lady he had never met before, taking a deep breath to steady his heart before he said "Oh! Are you alright? Sorry, I kinda spaced out for a moment." He chuckled softly as he made sure he hadn't surprised her too hard or possibly made her drop something! With so many merchants about he desperately hoped he hadn't ruined a delivery or someone's stock!

Edited by Kalesh

I was walking around town as I had been, seeing as I was too worried about going out in the fields by myself to kill and of the boars, and I didn't know what else to aside from walking around wasting my time. I wished I could find someone who'd help me with my issue or not growing as a player, but it was hard to come by now as many people were already on higher floors doing their own thing, and I didn't want to disturb them. I hadn't made any great friends yet either so I wasn't really able to ask them for help. So walking around town it was, it was alright considering to me people were interesting, they all had differences to them and after a quick glance at a person I could usually come up with an accurate statement on their personality, and it also helped pass time.

As I was walking lost in my thoughts, I saw a guy quickly move out of my way to avoid me, and then speak quickly. He apologized for spacing out and almost bumping into me, I wasn't mad or anything, and had he not said something I wouldn't have cared, but it wasn't his fault, I was lost in my thoughts just as much. I turned to him and smiled and spoke softly. "oh no, your fine I was spacing as well, lets just say it was both of our faults" I say to the man, glad he wasn't one of those jerks who said watch out instead of apologizing, even if it wasn't completely one or the others fault.

He smiled as he was forgiven, letting out a sigh of relief as he straightened his back and made sure his long red hair was brushed out of his face. Both his eyes and his hair were not naturally colored as was plain to see, a result of ingame alteration. He spent a moment taking in her appearance, seeing she was younger and shorter than him, as well as her actual equipment's appearance being simpler. "Hmm..." He spent a moment in thought before smiling and saying "Still, I could make it up to you?" He gestured over to the city's gates. "There are tons of materials you can find if you know where to look. Most crafters actually prefer to get paid in materials rather than Col." He smiled as he drew his leg-sized scimitar from his back. The craftmanship was obvious as he rested the serrated blade onto his shoulder. "I could play bodyguard. Anything on this floor I knick with this thing will die right away. Sound nice?" He smiled to the blonde lady in front of him, his eyes looking to her own. Anything was better than resting around in town!

The man in front of her began to change his expressions and body language to that of relief, probably happy I didn't hate him or yell at him. But as he began speaking it seemed he still thought of it as his fault, which I had alreasy expressed it wasn't, but I didn't stop him. He began to tell me that I could gain mats on this floor to pay to some crafter for what I assumed was gear. I was rather worried as I knew you couldn't in town, and no way I was going to by myself. But he soon said that he could play bodyguard. I wanted to reply saying id be perfectly fine. But I knew that wasn't true, being alone was the only reason I hadn't left the city. And there was no way in even knowing if he would do so, or if he would kill me himself, but I decided to take a chance, he seemed nice enough. "I mean, sure I guess, but I haven't exactly left the city yet" I was worried that something would happen to him, and in turn me as well, but I did really need to grow.

He smiled to the less experienced player, understanding the fear to stay inside and avoid the dangers of the outside world. He started to go through menus and then tapped at an area just above her head. At that moment she received a party invite! While waiting for her to accept or refuse he said "Well, there is a first time for everything. I'll keep any boars that stumble by away, and you can gather in peace... Plus you'll get a little EXP too. Lots of way to get it, not the least of which is gathering." He advised to the other player, happily adding on top "If you want any advice or have questions, just ask. I'm not a pro but I am researched at least." Of that much he was proud, happy to not be a total noob who needed hand-holding.

The man in front of her tried to comfort her again saying first that their was a time for everything, which was true, but I was still worried. He explained hed keep away any boars, and id even be getting exp doing this. He said that there was many ways of gaining exp which was rather foreign, in almost all rpg's the only way to get exp was through quests or killing things, not simply digging around for things. But it also made this game a little, more appealing to me. I didn't have to go out at level 1 and risk my life to a stupid boar and die. It also helped that this man seemed as if he would be able to guard me fairly easily, so it'd be safe. I still thought about it for a bit though before responding. "Alright, I guess. Just lead the way mister..." I realized I didn't even know the man name "...What's your name, mines Adelyn."

He blinked in realization he hadn't given her his name, a smile crossing his lips as he says "You can call me Kalesh, nice to meet you Adelyn!" Seeing how she had accepted the offer, he started going through his menus and removed his armor, instead equipping a clover shaped charm that stuck to the bottom of his katana's hilt as he made sure it was equipped and ready. "Then lead the way I will." He smiled to her as he gestured for her to follow and started the walk towards the city's northern gate. As they approached he started to draw his blade preemptively. He didn't expect trouble but he has a natural paranoia about him when it came to such things. "Okay, we are going to go a little west from here, then there should be plenty of herbs, simple ores, and so forth for you to gather... Maybe some chitin from the bugs if that's the type of armor you want." He said helpfully while pointing the way with his sword, eyes occasionally glancing up at the map that was invisible to her in his field of view.

Edited by Kalesh

The man replied saying his name was kalesh, and I smiled, unique name again. He began to lead the way after saying he would. I followed him hoping I could trust him. It would really suck to die my first time going out, more than if it was like my 6th. As I begun thinking about the possibility of death I began regretting my decision but followed kalesh as he walked. He pointed to an area explaining I could find some things in the direction to help me in this world. I was happy to be getting the help but once again, that feeling of death always came back. I Said something to the man after a minute "Alright, so herbs and ores, and more huh.. Guess we might as well get started walking, the sooner the better I guess" I said so in my soft voice, it wavering a bit from nervousness.

He nodded in agreement when she suggested they get moving, taking the lead for her since he sensed her nervousness in her voice. "Indeed, sooner we go, sooner we get back." He said, trying to assure her she should would be getting back. After several minutes they were in front of a large set of boulders and trees that stretched out into a forest. With his katana rested on his shoulder he started looking around for any immediately apparent materials before shaking his head at the lack of one in plain view. "Well, this seems like a good spot to me. Lots of nooks that some materials might hide..." He smiled to Adelyn to try and let her know it would be okay. "I'll patrol the area for any signs of monsters. They'll be dead before they get within thirty feet of you." He says, there not being any ranged mobs this low in the floors. She had little to fear as long as she had a guardian.

[ID# 33977][LD: 12(10+2)]

Edited by Kalesh

Kalesh replied agreeing with me and soon we were off and after some time, I wasn't paying attention really, he stopped us saying that this seemed like a good spot, explaining the possibility of mats. He then said that he would patrol around to protect me and I smiled, he seemed nice so I turned around and got to looking. I sifted around through all the holes, looking in some, and putting my hand in others that were big enough. As I was doing so for one, I felt a light stab as if a pencil stabbed me, and I pulled my arm out hurriedly and shrieked, I flailed my arm and the thing on my arm flew off. I turned to kalesh with a disappointed and embarrassed look "Spider...sorry" I say softly

ID:34405  LD:10 +2 (12 no mat)

(ooc-thanks to astropheric for letting me keep those gloves XD)

Kalesh came running at the sound of the girl shrieking, hand on the hilt of his blade as he looked around with wide eyes! When she apologized and explained what happened her took a deeep breath and said "Really now..." He looked around curiously to see if he could locate this 'spider' which had given them both quite the scare. Having located it, Kalesh ran and gave a sudden stomp before saying proudly "Tell me when you see another." He grinned, the bug gave him no experience but it did show he was serious about eliminating her threats! One less spider was there to cause her troubles for one day!

[ID# 34407][BD: 6][LD: 12(10+2)]

Edited by Kalesh

After kalesh stomped on the spider and then said to call if there were anymore I bowed my hair slightly. As I cam back up I turned around, brushing some hair outa my sight with hand before going back to the holes, I didn't stick my arm in any more, I just simply took a peek to see if I could see if anything. I looked through about 15 holes before I gave up and straightened my back out, all the bending over to look through holes began to hurt my back. And I wasn't finding jack squat so that was not helping.

Id:34408   LD:2+2 =4

Kalesh circled the area for a few moments, noticing a wolf scampering its way in the general direction of Adelyn. He watched while putting his hand on the sword in his hand while counting down. "35... 32..." He charges the wolf and draws his blade in one movement, slicing the wolf in two! The beast yelped as if in pain and shattered apart almost instantly, rewarding Kalesh for the kill rather miraculously. With that done and good he moved over to Adelyn and held up a large wolf fang, holding it out to her. "Here ya go, that's one material!" He smiled in the hopes she would accept. By far of the two, she needed materials the most so he was happy to give her the vast majority.

[ID# 34410][BD: 8][LD: 21]

-Material gifted to Adelyn!

Edited by Kalesh

ID:34730

LD:9+2=11

As I finished helping my back, and I opened my eyes I heard kalesh speak, before seeing he was holding a wolves tooth out to me. I was rather disgusted at first, I didn't really want to touch the wolves tooth, but then I remembered it was a game and it didn't really matter so I took his offering with a reply. "Thanks" I say with a smile in my soft voice, id have to thank him sometime properly. I stuck my arm randomly into another hole, feeling around for something while still looking at kalesh. When I pulled out, nothing. I sighed "This is sooo hard" I say pouting

Kalesh smiled down at the younger player, happily saying to her "You just need a little luck and some practice." He gestures to the little clover on the hilt of his sword, dangling from a small chain. "This little thing I bought from an artisan, it makes my ability to spot treasure just a bit stronger... There are skills that do the same thing as well." He smiled, giving her hints how to improve before straightening up and glancing around for any other materials he could potentially spot for her.

He smiled and moved over to a nearby log and pushes it over, ignoring the crawlies the ran off in fear of losing their home as he reaches down and grabs up a nice shinky chunk of obsidian, looking the black shining stone over before saying "Don't be afraid to dig, chop, or break things. If there is something inside, it could be useful!" He gives it a little toss in her direction, not fast or hard enough to be much harder than playing catch.

[ID# 34733][+1 Material!]

-Material gifted to Adelyn

Edited by Kalesh

Kalesh talks of a little chain he has that he got from someone, who helped him find stuff. I looked at the wraps around my hand, they were a gift from a friend when I had done the quest to earn a profession and they had the same affect. But it was weird how kalesh was still doing much better, he didn't seem like he would use a point in his luck, so I didn't think it was that, must have just been experience. I watched him move over to a log and move it, picking up an item that he tossed to me. I heard him give advice as I caught the stone. "I don't like..." I said in a soft tone, I was being sarcastic of course. And I looked around, but I just couldn't find anything that would give me a hint a mat was near. "Im really about to give up" I say pouting again.

ID:34736

LD:3=2=5

Kalesh smirked as he drew his sword and said "Awww, don't give up! You'll never find anything if you do that!" He says before suddenly slicing the log he had moved horizontally in half! He kicks off the top and reaches in to retrieve a mushroom. He heads over to Adelyn cheerily and holds out the material. "Look at it this way, I'm here to help you... so any time I succeed, we both succeed!" He smiles happily to the other player, hoping the gesture was met kindly. Not everybody could be the luckiest man in Aincrad, he knew this, but he still tried to share the wealth.

[ID# 34738][LD: 15(13+2)][+1 Material]

-Material gifted to Adelyn

Edited by Kalesh

ID:34766

LD:15+2 =17

I take the mushroom from kalesh as he talks about luck, and materials again. I looked around for something like a long, to do what he had done. My eyes fell on a rock a couple feet away the looked slanted. I quickly walk over to it picking up the rock, and underneath find a slate of metal, which was what must have made the rock look like it was slanted. "YAY I found one" I say happily holding it up. However I felt bad Kalesh had given all of his to me so I walked over and put the slate on his head. "Its all yours friend" I say.

Material gifted to kalesh

[ID# 34773][LD: 20(18+2)][2 Materials Total]

He blinked when the hunk of metal was placed on his head. He stood there unmoving for a little while before smirking and leaning his head forward so the material would land in his hand, and then putting it into his inventory "Aww~ thank you! Let's see, you have two now, right?" He asks while glancing around and then smiling as he approached the lopsided rock she had pushed over. Clenching his hand into a fist and letting it glow he jabs forward, cracking the rock which then reveal a small orb of unrefined metal which he tossed in his hand before inventorying it. "That makes us even, right?" He winks playfully, their luck starting to pick up a bit.

Edited by Kalesh

ID:34817    LD:15+2=17 (mat found)

I watched kalesh walk over to the rock I had lifted and crack it in half finding another mat and keeping it, we were in fact even now. I looked around for something to search in, or under or around. My eyes fell on the wall of rocks I was looking in earlier, I could see a glint in one so I walked over and stuck my hand in it, when I pulled it out I was holding a shiny see through stone of some-sorts. "Wow, two in a row, im feeling like giving up was not the way to go all of a sudden" I say with a smile looking at kalesh. It was nice to finally be finding stuff.