[PP-F2] The Forage 2 - Complete!

ID#: 33684

LD:  10 (no loot)

Teion and Rebekah had made their way to a different part of the forest on the second floor. During their trek Teion scanned the ground for any materials, but didn't see anything obvious. She remained quiet for most of the time, as she had exhausted most of her conversation topics during their talk earlier.

Edited by Teion

As they made their way towards a different part of the forest, she realized that nobody had been visiting these parts lately, given the undisturbed wildlife walking across the path. Typically, they would avoid the most common human routes to avoid getting slaughtered, which was rather easy for her to do. She could easily kill one without much effort and receive the mat that way, but she was going to try to gather for them. That way, it would be a lot easier to do, and she did not want to take out her rapier today, or at least not yet. Today was suppose to be a relaxing day where she told herself, no combat at all. Just like that, she was back to searching for mats, and quickly found one without much difficulty. The question was how much was she going to find today?

ID: 34044

LD: 18

Mat: 1

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 34314
  • LD: 12 (no loot)

The forest still wasn't holding many materials, or at least none that Teion could find. She scanned the ground beneath her as they walked, but couldn't spot anything of value. She probably just wasn't looking hard enough, but then again this was a game. Games came down to mostly luck and numbers, at least in terms of gathering and loot chances. She frowned, but continued on, figuring the farther away from their initial position they went the more likely they were to find new materials. Teion glanced over, seeing Rebekah hadn't found anything yet either. "So..." She spoke up, breaking the silence. "What do you think of this place? Aincrad, I mean."

That question had caught the blonde completely by surprised. Nobody had asked her what she had thought about life in Aincrad, and one thing was for sure. The girl enjoyed it a lot here, minus the death part. It was the first time in her life when there were not over controlling brothers nor parents that were trying to micromanage every aspect of her life. The freedom that she got, when she wanted to do whatever she wanted was the entire reason why she had enjoyed this place more than any other person. "If you can ignore the part about death, and spend your time living life out here, it's an amazing place," knowing that many players are fixated on returning home and clearing the floors, but that was not going to happen any time soon.

ID: 34324

LD: 17

+ mat

Total: 2

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 34924
  • LD: 19 (1 crafting material) (1 total)

Teion let out a light chuckle, followed by a light sigh. "Right... Besides there being a catch, this game is very pretty." She tried making conversation as they continued their search for materials. Although pretty was an understatement; Teion thought Aincrad was beautiful. Even though she was scared at first, she had her friends, and she would hopefully find allies in the Crimson Blades. Teion pulled out her axe again to help her sift through the dirt. After a few minutes she heard a thunk sound and picked up a hunk of ore.

"As pretty it is, you must never let your guard down. Who knows, a random monster may appear out of nowhere and strike at any moment? Or you will run into player killers out in the wild," the girl reminded her. Even though she had said that, she never followed those rules anyways, but it was something that a young player such as her should learn. It was a lot easier being overly cautious, rather than getting caught in a sticky situation. That reminds her, she should buy a teleportation crystal for emergencies, but she never found the time to go to a shop for them. She knew many front liners have them except for her, which leaves her vulnerable when there are emergencies.

ID:35230

LD: 3

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 35603
  • LD: 4 (no loot) (1 total)

Teion continued digging, but didn't find any more materials so she stood up and walked a bit farther to try again. Teion nodded her head as Rebekah spoke and considered her words. 'I should see if the boys are busy. We should probably stick together going to the higher floors...' She thought. Teion dug around absently, still with no luck. She hadn't bought any type of consumable item since starting out, and she was beginning to wonder if she should start checking out the shops when she got back to town.

Rebekah knew where the conversation was headed, and decided to continue before she got the wrong idea. "That said, you do not have to rely on boys. While there may be more boys in this game, there are a handful of us girls out there who are just as strong as most of the boys, if not stronger," Rebekah added. Off the top of her head, she knew that the top five girls in the game, were on par with rest of the frontliners, which can ranged anywhere from about 5-20 guys at any given time. She also knew that the stronger she was, the less reliant she was on others in this game, which was the goal for her.

ID: 35769
LD: 3

total:2

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 35836
  • LD: 12 (no loot) (1 total)

Teion chuckled after Rebekah spoke. "Oh no, I'm not worried about that." Teion continued idly digging around. "I have some friends here. I'm sure they're just as worried about me as I am of them." She smiled at a bittersweet thought. "But I want to be able to protect myself." She gave a small sigh. She felt like she was leveling up very slowly compared to her friends, but she tried to keep her thoughts positive.

That was the goal all along for players, was to be able to protect themselves. That was the most important thing to learn as a player, because when this comes down to it, there is often nobody else to look out for your own best interest, especially in a group. Because of that, it was one thing to fight and survive, and another to lead by example. There was also nothing wrong with leveling slowly, as she knew many high level players who went too fast became worn out, and wanted to take long breaks. It was those who been there from the very beginning who level up slowly but consistently who will be the ones clearing the last floor at the top of the castle.

ID: 36558
LD: 16 (+ mat)

total: 3

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 36745
  • LD: 13 (no loot) (1 total)

Teion frowned in annoyance. She'd hardly managed to find anything since they moved to a new location. Maybe her luck was just turning sour. With a light sigh, she turned back to Rebekah. "So what do you usually do besides gathering materials? Do you do a lot of fighting?" She didn't want to seem nosy, but she had exhausted all kinds of small talk she could think of already. The silence that had started creeping over them was becoming unsettling.

That was a difficult question to answer, as she knew that there was no real answer. The truth was that she was free to do whatever she had liked, which included specifically making sure that she had kept within a reasonable leveling curve for her guild. While there was no guidelines as of yet, the girl knew that she needed to make considerable progress to continue the course. After all, she was probably the forth strongest at the moment, which was not good enough for her. "I usually like to relax a lot. There is a lot of downtime between floor raids, and everyone would like a break once in a while." For Rebekah, that probably meant the majority of her time, but she will put in considerable work when it needs to be done to catch up.

ID: 37061
LD: 17

total: 4

Edited by Rebekah

ID#: 37402

LD: 9 (no loot) (1 total)

Teion considered her words, letting her mind wander. 'Floor raids? She mustbe talking about the higher levels...' She thought curiously. She had been leveling up pretty quickly herself lately, but she still didn't dare to go past the fifth floor yet. She was hoping to start going on some quests soon to leveling up faster, but for now she was fine taking some time to gather materials.

The girl could tell that she was thinking about what she had said. Rebekah knew that in order to be a lot stronger, that the easiest way was to do quest, and a lot of them were not on the first few floors. The ironic thing was that it was those quests that she was now returning to finish, rather than the high level ones which were a lot more dangerous for herself to do all by herself. Gathering materials was another relatively easy way to make up for the lack of experience, as one could always sell or use the materials to buy items and these would help a player earn the gold that they would have needed. But for her, she was just going to use it to make her life a lot easier with consumables in other quests.

ID: 37608

LD: 2

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 37646
  • LD: 2 (no loot) (1 mat total)

Teion shuffled around, still using the end of her axe's handle to try and dig up any loose ore from the ground. When she felt she had searched one spot long enough, she stood up, moved over a few feet, and tried again. Her luck was pretty bad today, since she'd hardly found anything so far, but she shrugged it off and kept trying. She figured in the meantime she'd continue asking questions. Hopefully Rebekah didn't mind the idle conversation. "So, what kind of weapon do you use? If you don't mind me asking." She added on. 'I wonder if she has a lot of skills, and what her build is...' She started wondering about what it would be like to be a higher levels with more skill points. So far she'd only taken the second rank of her weapon skill, but as she started exploring the other options she was finding it hard to decide on a certain build.

Her question had reminded her of something that she had forgotten, Rebekah did not equip heartstriker with her today. As she opened her menu, she quickly tapped a few buttons, and before too long, her rapier was in her hands. "This is what I like to use, a rapier. It has a high base damage for a one handed weapon, but lacks any types of stuns, or multi-target damage," Rebekah spoke. She had chosen the rapier long ago because it was something that she had preferred, as she was not the strongest player out here, but rather she focused a lot on speed, accuracy and evasion. That was what made her rapier a good choice, something for her to defeat quest bosses and monsters all by herself without much assistance.

ID: 38271
LD: 6

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 38332
  • LD: 4 (no loot) (1 mat total)

Teion turned from her idle digging to face Rebekah as she revealed her beautiful rapier. Teion's eyes nearly sparkled for a moment as she admired the blade. "It's pretty..." She cooed, smiling as she leaned back after a moment. She placed a hand on her hip. 'I bet that weapon is really powerful.' She thought, impressed. "I'm not sure what drove me to choose a huge axe as a weapon," She joked, "but I'm pretty happy with it." A smile grew on her face as she rested her hand on the end of the axe's handle, the bladed end set firmly on the ground.

The girl looked at her giant axe that she had been carrying all along. It was something that the she would never use as it would require a lot more strength, and it could potentially have a lot of power. But she knew why a player might choose an axe, it was big and strong, and it was going to easily make people think twice before trying to attack her. As for herself, while a rapier might not look like the strongest weapon, she knew that it was the right weapon for her, especially since Rebekah prefers accuracy over strength and power. However, it was all personal preferences to choose which weapon to pick from. "An axe is nice, but it will be too heavy for me to move quickly with it," Rebekah said.

ID: 38387
LD: 16 (+1 mat)

total: 5 mat

Edited by Rebekah

ID#: 39183

LD: 4 (no loot) (1 mat total)

Teion tapped a finger on her chin. She gave a light chuckle as Rebekah spoke. "I don't know what swayed me to choose a huge axe." She thought that the blonde girl must be pretty while she fought with an elegant blade of a rapier.

Teion let out a sigh, placing her hands on her hips. "Well, my luck has officially run out today. Do you want to stay much longer?" She looked around the forest a bit.

Rebekah knew that the girl was easily becoming discourage after failing on multiple attempts, searching for things. Perhaps it was just an experience thing, as she had seen more failures than other people, and knew where specifically to look for. However, it can also be a luck thing where she had more luck today, which is the more likely explanation, as she had never been that lucky to begin with. There were many things that they had to account for, and she knew that it would be better for them to go to some place new to search, or even better do combat hunting, as that is often the most effective mode of finding things. "We can continue if you like, or are you in a rush to go somewhere?" Rebekah asked.

ID: 39375
LD: 6

Edited by Rebekah