[PP-F7] The Temple of Doom

OOC: Reminder that base stats for creatures on this floor are: HP 28, Dam. 21, Mit. 7

As Mack stood among the stone houses of the city of Nimbus, his face and features illuminated by the soft green glow of the crystals that generated light for the settlement. While it was true that the final destination of Mack and his intrepid band of adventurers, once they had all assembled that was. The red-headed guild master had it on good authority that there was a dungeon that needed clearing on this floor and that there was a strong possibility of their being decent loot in the area, provided of course that they could find the horde of treasure chests. Of course, Mack also wasn't fool enough to think that this was the type of operation he could carry out by himself. At least not yet.

With that in mind the leader of the Crimson Blades, in the hope of engendering a better alliance with the Velvet Room had invited Piera to come along and partake in the adventure. Of course, Mack had an ulterior motive for asking her to tag along. Namely, he wanted to show Piera yet again that between him and Lee there really wasn't any contest to be made concerning who the better man was, who cared more about her, and who it was that she should ultimately end up with. Who knew, with a bit of luck Lee would wet himself at the sight of the first mob on this floor. Knowing, as he did also, that there was a budding tank in the Crimson Blades in the form of Red_Rose he had decided to invite her along for the adventure as well. It would be good to see how she handled the challenge and how she was progressing on getting up to speed as a tank.

Standing just inside the main gate of Nimbus, looking out on the mountain range beyond, Mack leaned on the top of the dull portion of Invictus' blade head and waited for Piera, Lee, and Red to show up. Once they had arrived, he would brief them on what he knew and let them know what kind of adventure they were in for and then everyone would be off to deal with the unknown threat in the temple atop the mountain. No doubt this was going to require quite the climb.

The area was quite the spectacle in terms of visual presence. It reminded him of an old game he used to play that he remembered fondly of. Even the lights given off by the crystals was something he could recall in the game so if it wasn't broke, don't fix it assumed. Piera was following close behind him as he wasn't sure what the area had in store so walking into a monster or fight would go better with his lead. The entire reason for being here on the other hand wasn't something that he could say he was happy about. He simply kicked a rock across the ground and watched it skip several times and could only image it full scale and the rock being Mack. Bouncing and rolling with no control but gravity which brought a smirk to the corner of his lips. He didn't like Mack in any sense, shape or form and he wanted nothing to do with the man for any reason. Unless it was involving his downfall, that would be a pretty fun day if the circumstances were right.

With a sigh he would shake his head to himself. Even if it was the man's undoing, he couldn't just off the guy or let him to his doom. He felt that something else was missing to make it full circle. He just didn't like the conniving snake with the things he did with Piera and if he were a lesser man, he would find a way of making Piera drop him entirely. He continued walking till he saw the figure of his hateful bliss. Mack was someone that was hated and despised but he knew that if he openly began to rant, it would give Mack the upper hand. Though, in the larger scheme of things, Lee wasn't worried over Piera but that people were becoming...too close for comfort for him.

The thought of having friends and even close friends were okay but he had already had not only a talk with her but established a punishment to follow suit for her actions. Not as horrible as it could have been but to her, he knew what buttons and switches to hit for the best results. He had time on his side when it came to his girlfriend and it would take more than an overgrown neanderthal with honeyed words to change that. He stopped a couple of feet from Mack with his arms crossed over his armored chest. That was his reason for being here. To show to Mack that with all his plundering, it was a fruitless endeavor. 

Edited by Lee

Piera trailed behind her love, wishing she could fully appreciate the view but sadly it was covered in armor. Though she'd rather suffer than have him suffer being attacked without all of that armor. He was starting to really improve over time and the alchemist was convinced he'd be a formidable tank soon enough. Honestly she was just glad to have him along. She wasn't sure if he would accept Mack's invitation to go clear a dungeon he had found on the seventh floor, if only because he still had a grudge against him for keeping her out overnight, not once, but twice. The brunette definitely paid for each instance...though the second time she accepted her punishment willingly, feeling quite guilty for all that had happened. The first time though she had pouted and fought against it, not seeing at all what she could have done to avoid what had happened.

Perhaps he was only coming along to make sure nothing happened if they were caught away from home overnight, but she was glad to have him along all the same. Even if she was a higher level than him right now, he always made her feel safe and put her mind at ease. ...Even if he was being a bit sullen right now. Piera sighed as he kicked yet another rock, wondering if she could kick one herself and have it hit him. Knowing her luck though, it would just bounce off of his armor and hit her instead. The breeze caused her black and purple cape to flutter as she trekked after her scruffy man, using her Bleeding Lance as a walking stick until she saw him stop. Walking up to his back, Piera then peeked around him and smiled to see Mack. "Heya Mack. Your person not here yet?" Stepping alongside Lee, she then noticed the silent tension between the two men and looked between them awkwardly, waiting for either to say anything really.

Red had never been so high in Aincrad before. Up until now, floor 6, the jungle floor had been her highest adventure. Their she had crossed the Gemini and won, but that had been a fluke in many respects, and she had not dared to fight anything else around that power. Of course in this case Mack would be with her, so she felt bolder than normal. He had invited her here after all, on an adventure of sorts, complete with monsters and treasure and lord only knew what else. Of course this was not a normal quest, but like Avalanche or anything of the sort, but it was going to still be a great adventure.

She had been told other people would be there, though up until now she had not met them. One of the benefits of being in such an active and social guild was the connections she would make with many many people. So far it had been great. Red approached the group on the 7th floor now and quickly noticed that she was the last one to arrive. Mack was there along with two others already. "I'm sorry I'm late." She said apologetically as she joined the trio. She gave them all a pleasant smile before bowing her head. "Call me Red. I'm glad that I could be a part of this."

When Lee and Piera arrived it was the alchemist's boyfriend you declined to present any kind of greeting. That was just fine with the red-headed Grandmaster who was, by a wide margin, the senior player in the party in terms of level. He offered curt head nod in Lee's direction, his eyes making it quite clear that there was no love lost between himself and the other man. He was just about to respond to Piera's question when Red made her own appearance as well, completing the group and introducing herself. Rolling his head around on his neck as he laced his fingers together and cracked all of his knuckles in one swift motion, Mack sent a party invite to the other three players and waited for them to accept, smirking at Lee when he saw that Piera's boyfriend was the lowest leveled player among them.

"Good to have you all here," Mack rumbled, greeting everyone at once though it was true that his grey eyes may have lingered just a second over long on Piera as he spoke. "Before we get into the overall briefing, we need to discuss party rolls. Given the wide level disparity between myself and you three," he continued, shooting a pointed look in Lee's direction before continuing, "I will be acting as the primary tank. My mitigation is also high enough that I can reduce the incoming attacks from base mobs on this floor to the minimum amount. Piera will be acting as our healer, and so she needs to be looked after by Red and Lee while she, in turn, keeps me healed when I call for it," Mack said in a tone that indicated that the matter was decided and not open to discussion.

"This little adventure should power-level you all quite nicely and, if we reach a point where it is more tactically beneficial for Lee or Red to assume the primary tank's roll then we can alter tactics. I am, however, lacking the howl skill which means I can't draw auto-agro. Therefore, given that most of the monsters on this floor will have base stats that are the equivalent of Red and Lee's stats, unless you want to risk drawing agro yourselves you need to wait for me to engage, and successfully hit, the mobs before you engage yourselves. Even in SAO, power-leveling can be done safely, but you have to be smart about it," Mack concluded in a serious tone, his eyes sweeping across the group.

"Now then, the briefing. Rumor has it that there is an uncleared mini dungeon at the top of this mountain," the red-headed man said, stepping out of the entrance just far enough to point at the peak that disappeared into the clouds above their heads. "There is a path that winds its way up to the mountain peak, for those that know how to find it. According to the information I was given, it should be a two or three day hike to the summit where the dungeon, which appears to be a temple of some sort, is located. So, we climb the mountain, clear the dungeon, and come back down in one piece. Regarding loot, it will be dumped into party storage. At the conclusion of the operation all col and mats will be divided equally among all parties. If we find any gear it will be immediately given to the player that can make the greatest use of it. If there are no questions, let's be off."