[F-2] Brice's Brewery - Alchemist

You stand before a great tree, reaching up into the sky. How old this tree might be, only god knows. You walk forward to the base of the tree where a humble wooden door resides. Next to the door hangs a wooden sign with the words "Brice's Brewery" carved inside an image of a cauldron. As you open the door, the sound of a gentle chiming bell alerts all who might be in the room of your presence.

A blonde-haired boy behind a counter at the back of the room looks up from a book he is reading. Seeing the shop's newcomer, he bookmarks his page and closes the tome. He adresses you with a light grin. "Welcome to Brice's Brewery. Is there anything I could help you with?"

Store Inventory:

Spoiler

Lime Hair Growth (Good): A lime flavored concoction that, when ingested, can cause spontaneous hair growth on the body. Oddly enough, there seems to be no determining factor for where the hair grows.

Black Licorice Hiccup Cure (Good): This black licorice potion has a flavor that is an acquired taste. About a minute after consumption, this drink is shown to be able to cure any case of the hiccups.

Coffe Sleep Resist (Good): A coffe flavored drink that, when ingested, punches you in the gut telling you that sleep is for the weak. You'll be up for days after drinking this.

Grape Cough Syrup (Good): This drink can cure any cough when consumed. The lable says that it is grape flavored, but it takes like anything but.

Flavorless Growth (Good): A grey, flavorless drink that contains a kind of growth hormone. Upon drinking this, the player gains a few inches in height. As of now, it is unkonwn if this had any effect on the player's height in real life.

Liquid Mute (Good): This potion has a flavor that it extremely hard to describe. Upon being ingested, it causes the user to become mute for a certain amount of time. This time varies depending on who drinks it.

Bubble Gum Burp (Good): A bubble gum flavored and pink potion that causes whoever drinks it to begin burping uncontrolably. The duration of this is different every time, but there is no way to tell how long it will last.

Chocolate Midas (Good): A chockolate drink that makes everything the user eats or drinks for a set amount of time taste just like chocolate.

Green Apple Stomach Medicine (Good): A green apple potion that it a great drink for those with constant stomach pains or stomach aches.

Minty Breath Freshener (Good): A minty dink that is able to keep one's breath fresh for days on end after being consumed.

HP Recovery Potion (Uncommon): A cherry red potion that heals the player who drinks it. (+10 HP)

Sky Blue Safeguard Potion (Perfect): A sky blue potion that, when consumed, negates all damage from the next enemy that hits you.

Sky Blue Safeguard Potion (Perfect): A sky blue potion that, when consumed, negates all damage from the next enemy that hits you.

Reserve/Emergency Inventory:

Spoiler

Glow-in-the-Dark Potion of Over-Health (Perfect): A potion with a subtle white color that, after having absorbed enough sunlight, glows in the dark. The light it produces is normally fairly faint.

Red Health Potion MRK1 (Uncommon): A bright red potion that heals whoever drinks it. (+10 HP)

Prices: 

Spoiler

Good Item: 50 Col/1 Crafting Material

Uncommon Item: 150/2 Crafting Materials

Rare Item: 300/3 Crafting Materials

Perfect Item: 500/4 Crafting Materials

Commission Request Form:

Spoiler

Item Name: (Give the item a name.)

Profession: Alchemist

Roll ID: (Leave Empty)

Craft Die Roll: (Leave Empty)

Quality: (Good, Uncommon, Rare, Perfect)

Enhancements: (See Enhancement Guide)

Description: (Give a quick description of the item.)

Stats:

Spoiler

Rank 3 Alchemist (4 Crafts Per Day)

XP: 68

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-3] = Fail (Lose materials)
[4-6] = Bad item (Possible to salvage itens on a 15+ loot die result)
[7-9] = Good item  
[10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Epic Fail, Fail, and Bad Item: 1 EXP
Good Item: 2 EXP
Uncommon Item: 3 EXP
Rare Item: 5 EXP
Perfect Item: 8 EXP 

Transactions:

Spoiler

-5 Crafting Materials + 2000 Col for 1 Over-Health and 4 HP Recovery Potions with Nixon

Edited by Brice

"Alright then. First day on the job. Time to stock up on some inventory." There hadn't been much time between when Brice became an alchemist and when he opened up his shop, but the new experience was enough to get him going. He heads over to his little brewing station, which in reality was just a workbench with a could pots and beakers. Clearing off the workbench of the mess of books and other miscellaneous items, Brice takes out some of his crafting materials and goes straight to work. He starts off with the basics and grinds up a mix of dry herbs into a fine powder. The he procedes to pour them into a small pot that he had set above a fireplace previously. As the ground herbs fall into the water inside the pot, the color of the water turned a dark grey and Brice stops pouring immediately. "That doesn't look too good." He goes back to the bench to retrieve a wooden ladle and returned to the pot to scoop some of the liquid out and taste it. A grimice overcomes Brice's face and he spits the liquid out immediatly. "Blech. That is disgusting." Thankfully he had stopped himself before he dumped all of the herbs in. He empties out the pot and fills it with a different solution to act as the base. As he pours the rest of the herbs the liquid turns a more pleasent, light green color. Brice ladles a bit out to taste it. Strangely enough it tasted just like limeade, the odd cousin of lemonade. "Hmm. I guess that's not too bad." He retrieves a vial, fills it with the green fluid, and places it on one of the shelves in front of the counter.

ID: 33710 CD: 7 LD: 19

Results: +1 EXP

ID:33732 CD: 8

Results: +2 EXP, +1 Good Item, -1 Crafting Material 

Edited by Brice

"Another day, another brew." Brice says to himself. He begins going through his regular routine of retrieving some craftimg materials and prepping his work station. "Now let's see." As he scrolls through his inventory, he comes acrosss some appealing flowers. "Hmm... Maybe these." He takes them out and, leaving a few off to the side, begins to pluck the petals from the rest. Once all of the petals have been removed, Brice goes through the regular steps for brewing, but the result is less than pleasing. Thankfully, he had left some others untouched. When he heads back to grab them, be trips over a stray book and hits the workbench, knocking the flowers off. As they land on the ground, they expire into a burst of "glass" data fragments.

ID: 33804 CD: 7 LD: 15

Results: +1 EXP

ID: 33805 CD: 1

Results: +1 EXP, -1 Crafting Material

• 2 weeks later...

"Time to get started again." Following his regular routine, Brice prepares for the day's crafting. He begins by taking a whole herb and a bottle of ground herbs. On his way over to his crafting bench and caudron. Unfortunatly he trips over an uneven floorboard and drops his materials, losing them both. "Can my luck get any worse?"

ID: 34935 CD: 2 

Result: +1 EXP, -1 Craftimg Material

ID: 34936 CD: 4

Results: +1 EXP, -1 Crafting Material

• 4 months later...

Brice gathers up some of his herbs and other plants from his cabinets and sighs. "It's good to be back." He completes prepping his work station and begins to experiment with his materials. The day's experiments could have gone worse, but at lease he was was able to make one decent potion. The potion had no scent, but upon tasting it, Brice recognized the taste as that of black licorice. "Hmm." He smiles after tasting the concoction. "Can't remember the last time I had this stuff."

ID: 49294 CD: 4

Result: +1 EXP, -1 Crafting Material

ID: 49295 CD: 8

Result: +2 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Good Item

Edited by Brice

"Alright. Let' get to work." Brice gathers up his tools and crafting materials. Lets see what I can make today. Unfortunatly, nothing went well for him today. The only thing he managed to make was a bottle of odd smelling sludge. "There is no way I'm touching that." Carefully, the boy scoops up the sludge in a spare bottle that he had laying around and heads outside, properly disposing of the strange concoction.

ID: 49355 CD: 2

ID: 49356 CD: 5 LD: 8

Edited by Brice

"Why don't we see what I can brew up today." Brice goes through his various herbs to see what he might use in his experiments today. He chose a large mushroom and a green herb with flower buds on it. As the boy carries the plants over to his workbench, he grabs a mortar out of one of his cabinets. He crinds the two plants into a powder together and lets them settle in a pot of water. As the powder settles to the bottom of the pot, the water begins to bubble violently. Brice quickly steps to the side as the boiling water explodes out of the pot. "Well," the boy sighs, "that could've gone better."

ID: 49504 CD: 4

ID: 49505 CD: 3

Edited by Brice

"I wonder if I'll be able to make anything good today." Brice follows the same routine as usual: gather up his supplies and start with the experimenting. After a about an hour of testing new ideas, the young alhemist was able to brew up a potion akin to coffee. He sips he drink to test it out. Upon taking the smallest of sips, his eyes widen and any weariness that he had, was quickly overcome by a familiar flavor.

ID: 49660 CD: 9

ID: 49661 CD: 5 LD: 15

Result: +1 EXP

Edited by Brice

Brice cracks his knuckles and begins to experiment with his various tools and materials. After about ten minutes of crafting, the end product was a cherry red potion. Almost emidiatly after crafting this potion, a pop-up appears in front of Brice stating that he had ranked up and had become a Rank 2 Alchemist. A bright smile spreads across the boys face, realizing that he is now another step closer to being able to help those in the front lines.

ID: 49958 CD: 6 LD: 19

ID: 49959 CD: 10

Result: +3 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Uncommon Item

Edited by Brice

Today's batch of crafts were supprisingly good compared to what Brice is normally used to. The batch wasn't excelent, but it was still good. The young alchemist felt very proud of himself for not having had made any bad items today. One of the potions was purple, another grey, and the last was clear. Brice takes a sip of the purple to taste it, but spits it right pack out due to the gross flavor that reminded him of grape medicine. Thinking about how bad the first potion he tasted, Brice decides not to taste the other two potions.

ID:  50057 CD: 7 

Result: +2 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Good Item

ID:  50058 CD: 7 

Result: +2 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Good Item

ID: 50059 CD: 9

Edited by Brice

Nixon walks into the new shop. It was somewhat empty, but he wasn't surprised. He heard the man behind the counter say  "Welcome to Brice's Brewery. Is there anything I could help you with?" Nixon smiled at the man. "You must be Brice, I am Nixon. I have a large order for you, You see me and a buddy of mine are planing on taking <<The Traveler>> and we know we cannot do it without potions. So here is my requests. please PM me when they are complete"

Spoiler

Item Name: Glow-in-the-dark Potion of Over-health

Quality: (Perfect)

Enhancements: Over Health x1

Spoiler

Item Name: Red Health Potion MRK1

Quality: (Uncommon)

Enhancements: HP Recovery x1

Spoiler

Item Name: Red Health Potion MRK2

Spoiler

Item Name: Red Health Potion MRK3

Enhancements: HP Recovery x1

Spoiler

Item Name:  Red Health Potion MRK4

He sets a bag of col on the table and 5 mats. "Keep the change, Friend" he then turned around and left

-5 Mats

-2000Col

Edited by Nixon

"Thank you vey much. I'll get started on your order right away. You'll recieve a message once you order has been completed." Brice accepts the Col and crafting materials and gets to work right away. He began by grinding up some herbs into a fine powder. Since he always keeps. A pot of boiling water nearby, the young alchemist could start his experiments right away. He began to pour some of the ground up herbs into the pot. Unfotunatly, they had no desired effect and simply dissolved in the water. Thankfully, he had only poured a small amount of the herbs, so he was able to keep most of the powder. He switched out the herbs with some moss. After pulling out a different solvent, he crushes up the moss and adds a it into the solvent, little by little. A few moments after adding it, the moss began to dissolve, turning the liquid a subtle white. "Wow. I'm going to have to remember how to do that."

ID:  50842 CD: 4 LD: 15

Result: +1 EXP

ID:  50843 CD: 6 LD: 15 

ID: 50844 CD: 12

Result: +8 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Perfect Item

+5 Crafting Materials

+2000 Col

"This feels like a good day for experimenting. Now let's see if I can replicate what I did the other day." Brice goes over to his materials and picks out a few herbs. "Let me think... I remember using this before." He grinds up all the herbs into a fine powder and dumps it all into a large pot of boiling water. He watches the powder dissolve right after he pours it. "Well... That isn't it." Brice thinks back to what he had done the other day to make the perfect item. He snaps his fingers, remembering what he had done. The boy repeats what he had done yesterday, taking the moss that he had used before, crushes it up, and adds it to a solvent. This time, instead of turning white, the liquid turned a bright blue. "Hmm. Thhat's different." He shrugs. "I guess it still looks good." Next, Brice grabs a different herb and crumples it into a bottle of a solution. He then tastes it and begins to burp uncontolably. "Oh geez. What is this?"

ID: 50966 CD: 1

ID: 50997 CD: 12

Result: +8 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Perfect Item

ID: 50998 CD: 8

Result: +2 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +2 EXP

Brice readies his materials and tools as he usually does and prepares to get his hads dirty. He speaks to himself. "Alright. Lets see if we can get that order done today." He takes the moss he had used yesterday and, while taking the solvent, realized that the one he had used for the over-health and the one for the safeguard were different. He shrugs and adds the moss to the solvent that had been used for the safeguard potion, succesfully crafting a safecuard potion. Then, the young alchemist takes out an odd looking purple mushroom and takes the cap of it off, putting it to the side. He crushes the stem of the mushroom up and adds it to the leftover solvent used for the safequard potion. As it settles, he cuts up and adds the stem into another solvent. The bursts with an explosion of bubbles. After wiping away the bubbles so he could see, Brice turns back to the other solution. It had a similar result, but instead of exploding, the bubbles just slowly come out of the beaker it was in. "Maybe I should just go bacl to what I know works for sure." Brice goes back to some of the basics and takes out a medical herb, grinds it up, and adds it to a pot of boiling water. After a bit, the water becomes red and the boy bottles it.

ID: 51355 CD: 12

Result: +8 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Perfect Item

ID: 51356 CD: 5 LD: 7

ID: 51359 CD: 5 LD: 3

ID: 51361 CD: 10

Result: +3 EXP, -1 Crafting Material, +1 Uncommon Item

"Time for some more experimenting." To switch things up, Brice grabs some herbs and materials that he's never used before. Maybe he's be able to make something new. This time the herbs that he takes a dark colored mushroom, a brown herb, a fern-like plant, and an green herb with a bluish tint to it. When the boy mixes the mushroom with some water, it turns the liquid black and thick with a consistancy similar to that of jello. "Okay then. That could either be okay or extremely bad." He ways the chances in his head, but decides to just get rid of it. "Not taking that chance." Brice then adds each of the other herbs into their own bottle of water. The first turns a brown color just a bit lighter than the herb, the second a light green, and the third tuns a mint-like color. "Well. It's nothing great, but it's alright."

ID: 51501 CD: 6 LD: 3

ID: 51502 CD: 9

ID: 51503 CD: 7

Result: +2 EXP, Crafting Material,  +1 Good Item

ID: 51504 CD: 8

Result: +2 EXP, Crafting Material, +1 Good Item