[F2 - SP] Going against 'The Rock'<<Breaking the unbreakable>>

"It has finally come to this!" declared a certain blonde as she goes near a giant rock that stand above her by a dozen of centimeters. Behind her was a old man NPC that smirked at her foolish claim and retreated to his hunt. She was currently at the 2nd floor, on top of a high mountain range, finally taking on that quests that most of the SAO players had already done. The one that would allow you to use your own fists as weapons. She wasn't interested in that particular skill set but with the introduction of Sword Arts, things have changed. Now some sword arts required this particular skill so that it can be used. So here she was, about to fight this almost immortal object. But before that... a certain plant caught her attention, it was one she had never seen before so she decided to check it out. As she went and picked it up, to her surprise, it didn't dematerialized in the next instant but retained it form and altered its flavor text to that of a crafting item. Happy with this surprising development the blonde stored the item and returned to her initial 'opponent'. For this particular quest, she decided to swap her new armor(+1 Eva +2 Dmg Mit), for a later design (+4 Thorns, +1 Light Momentum), while equipping her weapon accessory.

ID# 33794  LD:20

Loot: 1 Material

Stats:

• HP: 138
  • Dmg Mit: 25
  • Eva: 1
  • Acc: 1
  • Thorns: 4
  • Light Momentum: 1

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

No matter how she looked at it it still was a simple rock. She didn't knew what to do to decrease its HP..... She walked towards it and after looking at it from multiple angles she lightly tapped its surface to ascertain its hardness. In the next moment she felt a kick to her stomach that send her 2 steps back. Amazed, she would se a member-like thing sticking out of the rock, next it began morphing into something that had a humanoid appearance and entered a boxing stance. She let out a giggle as soon as the pain stopped and entered a stance of her own. "Its been a while since I used martial arts...hope I still know something" The next instant she rushed at the mob and activated the charge skill. Luckily it worked even without a weapon and she found herself in front of the mob. Wasting no time, she put her hands parallel and with the bridge of her palms, she aimed for the mob's stomach area. Her hit landed and due to the added momentum from charge skill, she managed to push it backwards.

ID# 33795  BD: 9 (nat)  MD: 10 

Ariel: 137/138

The Rock: 45/50

*The Rock does 6 basic dmg

"Ittai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she shouted as a surge of pain once again came across her, originating from her palms. She didn't remember this kind of resistance in her hand to hand sparring with her father. On the other hand, she was fighting a rock, barehanded....so it was sure to hurt. Gritting her teeth, the blonde entered a different stance and goes after the stone mob. She manages to land a hit from the side with her fist while in the same time evading a incoming uppercut from the mob. Once again the sensation of pain rushes to her brain, making her winch.

ID# 33799  BD: 10 (nat)  MD: 4 

Ariel: 137/138

The Rock: 41/50

Shaking her right fist in the hope of relieving some of the pain, the blonde watched the mob's movements. It recovered quite fast from her blow. "I guess I should've been training a bit more in hand to hand combat... if father could see me now he'd give me a hell of a scolding." This was her first mistake, as she indulged herself in such nostalgic thoughts, a stone fist came towards her face with inhuman speed. She couldn't dodge it completely and barely managed to get her forearms in a X position in front of her, deflecting most of the blow with her vambraces. When the white crowned logo on the right one started glowing blue, she let out a smile. The 'thorns' ability this equipment had, had just been activated. 

ID# 33801  BD: 2 (nat)  MD: 7(8-1) 

Ariel: 136/138

The Rock: 37/50

Seeing her cue to strike back, she makes a step towards the right and delivers another direct hit to the mob's face. It staggers a few steps and then attempts to hit her back but its still disorientated and Ariel easily evades his strike. "Okay seems I've dealt some damage and it got slower. Seems like despite the fact that it will go down slowly, I still have the advantage. Better keep up the momentum!" With that thought she starts moving around and in a zigzag pattern in order to force it to chase after her and leave an opening.

ID# 33806  BD: 6 (nat)  MD: 5(6-1) 

The Rock: 35/50

But despite the earlier blunter, the mob kept evading her while she did the same. For a while now, the two were looking like they were playing tag rather than fighting as no physical contact was made. Ariel was now focused at the max in evading it. Despite its rocky structure, the thing was quite agile. She took a second to swipe her thumb over her cheek. "Tsk, still won't come out? I hope that old guy said the truth... I'm in no mood for whiskers...for the remaining of my time here in SAO." With that though, she evaded a close uppercut and attempted to kick the mob in the belly but it made a small jump back. "Dammit!" cursed the blonde as she kicked only air.

ID# 33807  BD: 2 (nat)  MD: 3(4-1) 

"This is why I hate this kind of fights, its all about getting physical..luckily the one with most stamina usually wins in this kind of situation...Just have to hope I have enough. Or at least a bit more than this guy. " *Swoosh* a downwards blow makes her hair twirl as the blonde made a side step while bringing her vambraces upwards in parallel, to act as a shield. Luckily the blow didn't hit but was close as hell. She had to get to the punching part, being on defense wasn't her style, in any kind of situation!

ID# 33808  BD: 1 (nat)  MD: 3(4-1) 

The blonde was beginning to see how powerless she was.... depending on her rapier and such. She started appreciating the items she had selected for herself even more. Just looking at this situation, she had to renounce just her weapon and she had medium difficulty in hitting this mid level mob. "Gotta put some more thought into my build... can't be too dependent on my rapier."She though as she evaded the mob's blow yet another time. 'An opening!' she thought as she launched her knee into the mob's belly. It just attempted a straight blow towards her face when she stepped by its side in the last moment and caught it off guard.

ID# 33809  BD: 8 (7+1)  MD: 3(4-1) 

The Rock: 32/50

But she didn't stop there, The blonde used her free hands to tense up and bring down her elbow in the mob's back. Once again, the now familiar surge ran across her arm and spine, sending annoying pain alerts to her brain. She clenches her teeth as she lets go of the mob and moves back, evading a wild horizontal swing from the mob's arched figure. A smile appears n her face as she looks at their HP bars. 'It ain't much by you can tell who's gonna win!'

ID# 33809  BD: 8 (7+1)  MD: 3(4-1) 

The Rock: 30/50

Somehow she managed to land yet another hit with the palm of her right hand while trying to parry a incoming blow with her left vambrace. She showed a broader smile as she saw that a little more than half of its HP was wasted as the crowned lion logo glowed blue once again. "You're mine!" she claimed without expecting a proper reply from her apparently mute opponent. Either way, she would defeat it in the end, get this damn whiskers off and finish the quest, gaining those precious SPs and the Martial arts skill set.

ID# 33828  BD: 7 (6+1)  MD: 7(8-1) 

Ariel: 135/138

The Rock: 24/50

"Seems like its coming back to me" muttered the blonde as she made the mob tumble down past her. It released a growl of sort... more accurately it was the sound stone grinding. It has at a low tone but the blonde could see its mouth moving in a attempt to shout or speak. In the end it reproduced only those sad low grinding sounds. "Just hand in there a little more, I will put you out of your misery soon enough!" said the blonde with a perverse pleasure, as her face started distorting a until now, normal smile into something more....dark. She continued to press her knee on the mob's back, not allowing it to get up.

ID# 33829  BD: 6 (3+2acc+1 <<Concentration>>)  MD: 1

The Rock: 22/50

"You got me off my game at the beginning, I give you that!" claimed the blonde as she drew closer to its head. It constantly struggled to escape her grip but the blonde had pinned down the mob and was using her own weight to keep it at place. She wasn't that heavy but with its arm twisted behind its back, it was enough to subdue the stone thing. She simply needed to apply pressure long enough so that its HP would eventually drain completely. At its efforts the blonde simply chuckled, thinking about what she had more to prepare before the boss fight. It seemed she got bored easily with this guy, now that its immobilized.

ID# 33830  BD: 10 (nat)  MD: 1

The Rock: 18/50

As if sensing her faltering, the mob unlocked a burst of strength from somewhere hidden within and with a loud howl, it threw Ariel off it while shaking violently. At first the blonde was surprised but regained her composure and..... her dark smile: "Oh so you still have some fight in ya!" She entered a karate-like stance, bringing her fists to her chest level while adding a short distance in her footing. "Come at me!" she shouted a bit too loud due to excitement, grinning like some sort of madman.

ID# 33831  BD: 1 (nat)  MD: 7(8-1)

Ariel: 134/138

The Rock: 14/50

And the mob did so, it rushed blindly towards the blonde, making it the all more easy for her to roll by him and use the momentum to slam her vambrace into his neck. It stumbled and fell on its face the next second. She turned around and smirked, then knelled in its back again in a attempt to get the previous grp back."Oi Oi OI! Don't go and do that again! Especially if you don't have anything to follow it up to....That's why I have mobs like you even if I know its not your fault,those designers have a bad sense of reality about this type of things. Why didn't they just made you a famous hand to hand practitioner like Bruce Lee or something, incorporated his moves. That would've been a nice challenge."

ID# 33832  BD: 6 (5+1)  MD: 3(4-1)

The Rock: 12/50

*long sigh* "What a drag" complained the blonde as she secured her previous position in top on the mob's back. Once again it was pinned to the ground with little hope of escaping. A light gust of wind blew outside the cottage where thew two were fighting and the old man NPC peeked through the window. After a second she walked towards the exit and open the door to address the blonde. "You seem to be 'on top' of the situation there miss. " to which the blonde drew her gaze from the mob to him, still smiling like a madman "You told me this was a almost Immortal Object.. I was a bit surprised when it changed into 'this'"

ID# 33875  BD: 7 (6+1)  MD: 2(3-1)

The Rock: 10/50

The old man let out a light laugh that seemed to shake his whole body and while stroking his long white beard spoke: "I said it had high health and that its impervious to weapons. I don't know what you're saying by Immortal Object. In any case yes, that is its true form: a stone golem that can use basic martial arts techniques!" then a smile appeared underneath his beard as he continued: "Butt seems that that doesn't count much to you girl, you must have had previous training"

Ariel showed a grin as she replied, still keeping the mob still as its health bar still decreased slowly. "Well yes, my father did thought me a bit of self defense when I was little... That was right about the time when I picked up the rapier as well." Slowly, while talking about her father, her creepy smile was turning into something more warm and simple.

ID# 33876  BD: 6 (5+1)  MD: 2

The Rock: 8/50

The old man raised an eyebrow "Hoo, so you were breed to be a warrior, inherited your father's swordsmanship and will. No doubt you're planning to pass iton to your offsprings one day too." he finished with a wink. For a hermit, she was quite the perverted one...or at least that was what crosses through Ariel's mind as she gave the rock another punch but her aim was a bit off so she scraped her hand in the same time. With a light curse, the blonde looked at the old man. "Offsprings aren't coming any time soon. Just so that you know, I plan to become a world champion in my profession before thinking about such things."

ID# 33877 BD: 6 (5+1)  MD: 10

Ariel: 133/138

The Rock: 6/50

"A noble task, I wish you good luck" he said with a smile. It seems he was in a good mood as he started talking to Ariel out of the blue. As she didn't have anything else to do except apply pressure on the rock to hopefully drop its hp. For some reason the blonde decided to switch the posture and managed to let go. She damaged herself against the hard stone,loosing a bit of her HP in the process. Readjusting her stance and grip she continued her assault on her pinned 'enemy'.

ID#34469 BD: 1  MD: 10

Ariel: 132/138

The Rock: 6/50

The new position seem to work as the 'almost immortal' object's HP started decreasing again after I gave it a good punch from the new stance. "I don't know about noble task. Its just that I can't do anything else but fight, that was my way of life since I've been little. A bit too late or nor do I have the willingness to start something else anew. " She replied to the old geezer as the blonde showed a genuine smile. Speaking about her past made her half nostalgic and half happy. It was a good opportunity to revise her will to fight and keep on in this place, so that one day she will once again go to the real world and ascend to the ranks of worldwide professionals.the only thing she knew that was as close to the 'heroes' she had heard so much about during childhood.

ID#34470 BD: 10  MD: 9

Ariel: 131/138

The Rock: 2/50

"This is getting boring!!!!!" shouts the blonde as she gives another punch, this one filled with all her frustration. The old man let out a low whistle as he watched the following scene. From the place where her vambrace hit cracks started spreading throughout the stone monolith. In the net seconds it shattered into millions of pieces that then turned into polygons, showering Ariel fro head to toe. Next the old man started clapping his hands and threw the blonde a towel: "Very well girl, now wipe those stupid whiskers off your face, you look dumb." he said even though he was the one who drew those things in the first place.

ID#34472 BD: 3(2+1)  MD: 7(8-1)  LD: 3 (1 Material)

Ariel: 131/138

The Rock: -2/50