[PP: F3] Filler Arc 1: Ambushed! [Kalesh] Complete

Opal grunted, whipping the Dragon's Breath free of simulated blood and entrails as it was sheathed back into the scarlet saya. Her dark, almost lifeless colored eyes darted to the corner as she looked over her shoulder. She was just on the outskirts of the Forest of Wavering Mist and had took down a small group of wolves that were patrolling the area, but she had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that she might have been being watched by someone or something, or perhaps it was just the natural eerie feeling coming from the forest. If someone was indeed following her, it might be some of Sensui's men, even Volcano looking to take Opal back to that hell. She spat at the idea of going back there, she was stronger now...she wouldn't give up without taking a few of them out first. She could lose them in the forest, and so that's what she did. She acted casually as if nothing was amiss with her. She rested her hand on the pommel of her sword, squeezing it lightly as she pressed into the forest where she actually felt more at home than out in the open like she was. 

She continued to go deeper and deeper into the wavering mist, her eyes looking ahead finding some place to silently slip into the shadows. Her eyes moved left and right as she walked with casual speed and confidence. Then there was a small inlet of a shadow. Her body stood before for a moment, then taking a step forward she vanished into thin air like a ghost becoming one with the mist. Secretly and silently she moved through the shadows of the forest, the fog already inhibiting eye site, but whoever was tagging her was about to get a rude awakening if she could get a one up on whoever it was. 

OOC: A roll of 13+ on the LD is needed to find Opal. [+2 Stealth from Sneak & Hide, +1 from Mist generated by the forest]

Edited by Opal

[ID# 34003][LD: 12(10+2)]

Kalesh was tapping his katana against the shoulder of his red leather jacket, letting the blunt end bounce off impatiently as he grit his teeth. "What is going on...?" He muttered to himself as he knelt down in a small clearing. He thought he had seen a silhouette a few times, passing it off as maybe one of the dark elves for a certain quest at first, but the longer he followed his hunting path the more and more he doubted he was alone. While checking for tracks he came to the conclusion there was someone else hunting in the area, and he didn't know that they were friendly about sharing the area. As he was on a hunting trip, he had opted to not use his normal eye piece for accuracy and instead had his four leaf clover accessory dangling from the hilt of his blade. More materials the better was the logic behind this choice. He ran a hand through his long crimson hair, scratching his head as his bright but wary green eyes scanned the area around him for clues.

His eyes shot wide when he detected some footprints, taking off after them at an increased speed compared to his leisurely walk, eager to find out who or what was killing the monsters here after he had been circling the forest. He thought he was getting close, but then the footprints came to a sudden stop and he kept looking around, searching for any sign of the mystery creature. He was so close to Opal's hiding spot, just barely having not tracked her down as he brought his katana into his hands warily.

Edited by Kalesh

The woman ducked low, she could sense the stranger's presence just behind her. She bit down on her lower lip and waited till he passed. When he did, she got down lower and her legs spread apart evenly as she moved through bushes undetected for the moment, however being all the careful not to disturb the natural order of the land, that's how she got in trouble last time. She sucked in air and held her breath as she moved slowly away from the stranger and into the darker shadows of the forest. She needed to get a look at who it was coming after her. Her dark eyes lowered and she moved to behind him near a rather large tree. She leaned out to see where the pursuers position was. He was not standing and tapping the blunt part of his blade against his shoulder, "Another Katana User? Must be one of Sensui's men...so they are still after me..." she thought to herself, she had to make sure he was alone...and when she knew for certain...well, she didn't know what she would do. Finally allowing air to escape through her nose slowly, she started to breath again, the large oak tree gave her ample protection from site and the mist was doing a good enough job covering her tracks. 

She sighed, of all the times to go about this, why would Sensui make his move now? She didn't recognize this one from the fortress, albeit she was a bit held up at the time and quite delirious as well. She moved towards the next tree while staying out of site and keeping up with the crimson katana user, what was up with these red heads and the katana? She placed a hand on the pommel of her Dragon's Breath, she would not make a hasty move though...he was alone for now...but for how long until the others arrive. They would be stupid to come at her with just a single person, unless this one was far more powerful than herself. It was at that moment she gulped heavily, thinking back that it could possibly be one of the elites that stood by Sensui himself. Her eyes grew angry at that thought...her knuckles whitened under the harsh fabric of her leather gloves. 

kpFIopQ.png

Edited by Opal

[ID# 34011][LD: 6(4+2)]

Kalesh was looking around frantically, he had a sense that someone was in the area but the mist was obscuring his sight just enough that he couldn't find the mysterious player or NPC that was hunting the area. Could it be an event, or just another farmer? One couldn't be too careful on a lower floor like this. PKs abound to take advantage of such scenarios. His eyes averted down again, double checking the tracks, separating his own from the one he tried to follow. It didn't help him, all it did was give him a minor sense of annoyance as he scanned the horizons. The misty forest obscuring the majority of the area so that he could only make out silhouettes at best in places. None seemed immediately humanoid or noteworthy...

It was at this moment that the fog had decided to move in it seemed, somehow. Things felt even more bleak than they had a moment before, a chill of paranoia going through him as even his decently sharp eyes were nearly blinded. "Gragh... Where did they go..." He mutters while clenching his hands around his sword in fists. The wolves still hadn't respawned, he'd hear them howling or something if he had messed up his pacing. Someone else had to be in the area, perhaps long ahead of him now, but he was far too concerned with staying alive. There was a hunter in the area, but a hunter of what?

Edited by Kalesh

OOC: Let me know if man handling your character is off limits. XP

Opal pressed onto the next tree, she was now only a few yards away from the crimson haired katana user as he continued his path to nowhere. She eyed him as she peeked through the holes of the tree nearby, she had to get to the bottom of this. A confrontation was about to begin, that and the blood in her veins began to boil, if this was a Top Dog of Sensui, crippling his force now would be a good idea. She had the advantage now, better make the best of it. 

The woman slunk out of the shadows in his blind spot. She was going to charge in after him, but that would startle him and she would be caught. Instead she opted to crouch and lay low while pursuing him. He got closer and closer in range, her honeyed eyes narrowed into hated slits. With one quick movement from behind him, she placed a hand on his katana pulling it forward and pushing it into him locking his arm down, the other whipped the blade from the saya and drew it to his neck. She proceeded to kick his knees outwards to cause him to kneel in this position.

She moved to his ear, her dark lips mere inches away as much as the cold steel of her blade against his neck, "This is how it's going to work." she said pressing his katana further into his body causing discomfort in the position he was in and then continued, "How many did he send with you and where are they hiding in this forest?" her tone was cold, deadly, serious. She was not going to be captured again she would make damn sure of that. She threatened him once more by crushing his chest with his own katana. "Speak!" she said in a harsh, yet sinisterly quiet tone once again.

((I'll be sure to let you know if that becomes the case!))

[ID# 34013][BD: 5]

He was starting to wonder if they had moved on or teleported out. No matter how hard he focused his eyes to find any signs of hidden objects or creature nothing was coming back. The only thing he had for certain was his paranoia and the creeping feeling on the back of his neck that he was being watched as well. Why would someone be after him though? He wasn't a PKer, he had no known enemies, all in all he figured the only thing that could be out to get him was a PKer.

Kalesh gasped in surprised shock as a limb came from nowhere to grab his blade, making his growl as he felt a blade touch his throat, knowing better than to suddenly jerk himself. He'd just lose his vocal chords! He didn't show any signs of submission though, anger going through his being at being trapped by the shadow-stalker that had snuck up on him. He didn't say a word but he did show his outrage through his resistance against the weapon being pressed into his chest.

He felt his ribs creaking as the pressure was added with time. Her words confused him and the voice was not known. He couldn't look back of course without losing his throat. "I. Don't. Know. You." He stated clearly and with no lack of distaste for his situation. "Nobody and no one sent me or came with me" He coughed as his lungs were crushed a bit. She didn't seem intent on killing him right away so he didn't resist just yet, even as he felt her hot breath on his ear, getting an idea for her own body position from it all.

Edited by Kalesh

OOC: That works for me! >D 

"That's a [censored] lie!" she seethed between grit teeth while pressing his own katana deeper into his chest and drawing the blade across his neck, a trickle of faint red coming closer, "Ok...say I believe you, which I don't...why the hell were you following me out here and then into the forest? Someone who passes by doesn't go out searching for another person just by chance seeing them. So you pursued me! Why? And you better give  me a damn straight answer this time," she said pressing the cold steel against his throat once more. Then there was the faint sound of footsteps, sounded like several others.

"F-[censored]! Friends of yours, huh?" She said as the man struggled against her, but she didn't let her grip go on him. Instead she lowered her legs over his own and twisted his body around into the brushes. Both her and the redhead were now in the shadows of a deep brush while several figures walked by, "Not a damn word..." she whispered as they walked by, the faint sounds of their voices in the air.

"Are you sure she came this way?"
"Yeah, I was tracking her for a good bit. I don't think she noticed me...she was hunting some other player which threw her off my track..."
"You idiot! You didn't mention there was another player out here!" 
"I didn't think it was--"
"Both of you shut up, continue to track her down. When we find them, we'll kill the other one and take the Bitch back to Sensui." 

Opal was able to hear the conversation clearly enough, whoever she had pinned down at the moment was not part of Sensui's group...but it didn't stop her from thinking he was an enemy. She waited till they walked away further into the forest getting lost in the mist. 

Kalesh's ears twitched at the sound of footsteps and voices, biting his tongue to keep from gasping when she pulled him into the bushes. He didn't have time to explain before then, it was only after the group had passed on that he worked up the nerve to start whispering, with a very angered tone. "I don't lie. I followed you to figure out if you were an elf or a PK. I've been circling this forest for a while now, and suddenly monsters stopped respawning. I wanted to know why... but then the trail vanished." He took a deep breath, straining his chest against the blade to push it even just an inch further away. She dared to use his own weapon against him?! His anger was boiling over. He was already a bit of a berserker in combat, getting sliced a little wasn't a fear for him... But was it the same for her?

He suddenly exhaled and wrenched his sword from the woman's grip using the space his lungs had provided him but his body didn't move. His neck didn't cut itself further on the blade Opal held, her hold on the rest of his body was entirely unhindered by Kalesh as well. Instead, Kalesh turned his blade around with his arm and with a grunt from the force and feeling of a blade piercing him he slammed it to the hilt and into the one holding him! He hadn't gotten a good look at her, but he assumed she was an orange player if she was being hunted by other players as well as what she was doing to him! But he soon paled as he realized it was his cursor turning orange at the action! He knew she couldn't be dead, but she must have been a green when he damaged her!

Kalesh: 51/52

Edited by Kalesh

OOC: I'll keep my misses open ended, so you can dodge as you like. 

"S-[censored]!" she felt the blade enter into her breast and it knocked off a few points of her HP while they struggled against one another. She lost her grip on him and she activated her <<Acrobatic & Sprint>> skill, flipping backwards several times before coming short into a stance while her blade was now sheathed. Her left foot slid out and bent while her hand was placed on the hilt of her blade, "God damn it..." she was angry for not being able to overpower him, he could now run for his comrades further into the forest but instead he stood and waited, "If you think I am going to let you escape..." Opal took a step forward her hand ready at the blade. 

"I-I won't...EVER go back there!" it was clear her hand was shaking down, but she was mad as all hell for letting him get away like that. He was smart though, taking to self injury before she could finish her interrogation on him. Opal's shoulder length hair blew to he left as he other was revealed, the once honey and bright eyes were dull and almost lifeless as she watched the man move with his own blade drawn. 

She engaged him, coming in with a charge as she drew her blade. Their katana's screamed at one another as she lifted her blade and came down to slash his arm...

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 73/73
Energy: 15/17 [-2 Miss] 
Sword Art: 

Kaleshs HP: 52/52
Energy: 13
Sword Art: 

ID: 34017
BD: 2-1+1 = 2 OOC: My first real PvP and the Dice Gods fail me....

Edited by Opal

Kalesh could only grin as he felt the woman's warmth remove itself from his body. In any other situation the woman he turned to face would have been a sight for sore eyes or someone he wouldn't have minded giving him a hug from behind. Today though? It was a special exception. He was fuming mad as he drew the blade from his chest and stared angrily to the woman. His eye twitched and he yelled angrily "Let me escape?! Where would I go? I'm orange because of you!" He starts going through menus before she got the nerve to run to him, swapping out his lucky charm and instead equipping an eyepiece that would increase is accuracy from this point onward.

Just as he equipped it but before he could attack he was forced to meet Opal's blade, his own weapon locking with hers just as his left hand was able to grip the sword again properly. He had no opening to strike, but holding back her sword was no easy feet. Her avatar was strong, probably stronger than his own but he was not about to back down. He heard what sounded like the ravings of a lunatic and said aloud "You think I know what you are on about?!" He suddenly shoves forward, managing to unlock their blades as he stared the woman down, momentarily blinded by his anger and deafened by the singing of his blade.

Opals HP: 73/73
Energy: 15/17
Sword Art: 

Kaleshs HP: 52/52
Energy: 11/13 [-2 Miss]
Sword Art: 

ID: 34018
BD: 5-2 = 3 OOC: I ain't doing much better xD

Edited by Kalesh

Their blades devoured one another as they struggled tooth and nail from each other, the man had spat back asking where he would go now he was temporarily orange, he had no place to escape or to run. The woman smiled as they broke free from one another, she slid backwards and slid her blade back into the scarlet saya and then she barked, "Damn idiot! I know you are just trying to buy time until your friends get here! Don't worry though, I'll send a message back to Sensui...WITH YOUR OWN BLOOD!" The woman took step a forward, the Iaido technique her master had taught her was more than enough to stun the crimson haired warrior. The blade came rolling out of the sheath, her fluid movement and the precise strike nailed him in the chest and struck him from a distance as the effects of <<Tsugi Kaze>> took hold of him. 

The woman stood in front of his still body..."I could kill you now...run my blade straight through you without a second thought. But there is no honor in stunning attacks. But I wanted you to feel as though you had no control over your life right now, to have that taken away." she brought the blade up to his neck, "How much did Sensui tell you about me, huh?" the woman removed the blade from his neck, she would get the answer out of him this time by him speaking and looking straight into his eyes. She would get the truth out of him one way or another. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 73/73
Energy: 10/17 [+1 Energy Regn]
Sword Art: Tsugi Kaze [-7 Energy, 20 Dmg]

Kaleshs HP: 37/52 [Stunned]
Energy: 11/13 [-2 Miss]
Sword Art: 

ID: 34020
BD: 6-1+3=8 OOC: Thanks for jump starting my Savvy btw ;) 

Edited by Opal

Kalesh could only blink as she motioned to sheath her blade, confusion and then sudden realization showing on his face as he tried to bring his sword into a blocking stance too late. The blow hit him and he grit his teeth as he lost control of his body, happy he had at least managed to steady himself from falling flat on his front or his back. Even with his body otherwise crippled his defiant mouth lashed out at the woman who had him at her mercy. "Who the [censored] is Sensui?! And if I'm an idiot, then you are deaf and dumb!" The players that passed them claimed nothing to do with him, or was there some mysterious other player she had stalked today? Either way, Kalesh denied any understanding of her words.

He slowly felt feeling coming back into his limbs, but he held still, letting her think that he was incapable of movement for just a little while longer. "I don't know you, I don't know this Sensei guy, all I know, is that I was enjoying a hunting trip and some bitch decided to play hide and seek!" He glared at the woman, his eyes running down to see a glimpse of a familiar tattoo. He paused a moment, elongating her hair in his mind, imagining her in more revealing clothes. Then it clicked. "That tattoo... You were at Zelrius's party..." He muttered under his breath at the realization. He hadn't met her, but he knew her face now. At the moment he just prayed he could evade the next attack she swung at him.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 73/73
Energy: 10/17 
Sword Art: 

Kaleshs HP: 37/52 [Stunned]
Energy: 12/13 [+1 Energy Regen]
Sword Art: 

<<Opal Disengages>>

The woman backed away, she looked down at what she was doing to this guy, his words clearly cutting her to the bone and her actions digging in even deeper. He saw her at the party? That was then...this was now, she was a changed woman...She could feel a tear well up in the corner of her as she shook the strands of hair, the hair falling back down into her face. She sheathed her blade and took several steps back, "I..." she would apologize but that wasn't going to change what happened or the actions she made. 

"Sensui is a horrible person, evil in every sense of the word. He's been tracking me down since I was able to escape...more like saved from his prison. [censored] went down there and I lost who I was in the process. I was so...angry...and frustrated for being so helpless in there and when I saw you tracking me, I immediately thought it was his men attempting to capture me again. I had no choice but to attack...That doesn't make things better, I know...but I can't...I won't go back to that place..." The woman turned her back on him and she shifted the strands of dark hair from her face, "I have disgraced myself...once again." she turned around and spread her arms out to him, "I have wounded you...you are free to take a clear shot at me." The woman left her arms wide open, her ample bosom shown although she felt disgusted at the moment, this is what needed to be done. An eye for an eye, blood for blood. 

Kalesh blinked as Opal suddenly changed in front of him. The first thing he noticed as a tear growing in here eye, such things not easy to contain in this inconvenient world. Kalesh straightened himself and listened for the moment at least. He listened as she told him of Sensui. He wasn't given specifics, likely for good reason, but he nodded in understanding as she spoke, waiting until she finished explaining. He grit his teeth, his fist clenched tight on the hilt of his sword as he slowly started to sheath it. He brings a hand to his face and screams into it, stomping the ground as hard as his avatar was able without breaking itself while he muffled his frustration. When Kalesh finished his moment of venting he turned to Opal and stepped close. "One free shot? I think I deserve a little more than that. You questioned my honor, the only way to save myself from a slit throat was to go orange before you could decide I wasn't useful to you anymore. I deserve more than just ONE!" He says while staring into her eyes angrily. He knew he would never get a chance like this again. He bosom was exposed to him, and she didn't specify that it had to be an attack. He decides to take his revenge. He lifts his hand, making a grasping motion as he neared it to her chest... but went over her breast, instead pushing his index finger to his thumb, adding pressure until he flicked her just under her collarbones. In the real world it wold have left a slight sting at best "There. That'll do it." He grumbled as he gripped his head while clearly dealing with a definite internal conflict. "Just be happy I'm not a monster..." He growled and said "Gragh!!" before looking to her and saying with a slight glare, gesturing over his head. "You aren't going anywhere though. See this? This will stick around for several hours. It's my first offense, the loss of my avatar's innocence so to speak..." He crossed his arms. "Keep me from being murdered until it wears off and we are square. Deal?"

Opal would not twist away from whatever the man was going to do, it was high time she got through this ordeal just like the last no matter how grueling the effect might be, but to her surprise it was just a flick of his finger to the collar bone. She furrowed her brows at him, that was not enough to please the both of them...it was however, kind of him and his remark about not being a monster made her feel all the more horrible for attacking him, "No, you are not. But I know I am for attacking you. If you don't take a free shot at me, then...I guess I owe you a favor down the line for something. My name is Opal, by the way." she would nod her head at him and cover her busty chest with both of her arms now, feeling the slight sickness rumble in her belly, she almost killed an innocent mad today because of what Master Myoga had warned her about her emotions. She was sick and tired of being like this, feeling like [censored] since that week...She placed both hands on her head and knelt down to the ground shaking it, "It's never gonna get any better for me...Until I know that man is dead. My Master spoke to me about revenge, how it doesn't solve our problems. But it does solve problem. Men like him...they deserve to be dead...for what he has done to me, to others...Is it ok to just simply let people like that live?" she asked, a rhetorical question.

She scoffed as she stood up, noticing his orange cursor, "I'm sorry..." she finally apologized, but it wouldn't be enough, it would never be enough. An apology was nothing but broken words told to people without any sincerity in their voice. Was anyone ever truly sorry for anything? Sensui would never say he was sorry, the men that raped her would never be sorry. 

Opal rested her hand on her hilt, "Do you still have some anger and frustration left in you? I'm gonna track down those dogs and beat them to an inch of their life. I wouldn't mind the backup. But as of right now, I am in your debt. So you decide what happens now." 

He looked to Opal as he said with a shrug, slowly trying to wind himself down so he wasn't so openly hostile "I'm Kalesh... I wish we could have met under better circumstances... but uh... You aren't a monster." He looked to her like she was crazy to a point. "If I got a new cat that had a crappy owner and it scratched me because it's scared, I don't think it's a monster... Well... admittedly their claws are much smaller." He looked himself over, confirming he had all his bits and pieces before continuing "If you feel that you owe me something, I won't deny you that, but don't expect me to really try and capitalize on that. I'm leaving it in your hands if something happens or not there." He watched as she had her momentary breakdown, sighing softly as he said "I'm not one to judge... I... honestly don't know how I'd feel after killing someone." He smiled weakly to himself at that little self-revelation. "I think it would feel heavy." He looked to her curiously, wondering what she really had planned for that man in the back of his mind.

When she apologized for the cursor, he didn't really hesitate long before saying "It's okay." He looked to her while not making a big deal of it any further, or demanding that her apology was not good enough or the like. Instead he simply said "It'll fade with time. Nothing to get bent out of shape over." He sighed "I'm a very paranoid person, the idea of being orange didn't... settle well." he scratches his head, avoiding eye contact with her as he tapped his foot. "Sorry for yelling."

He listened to Opal's suggestion of what they could do, thinking on it for a moment before saying with a slightly twisted grin "Sure, let's do it." He seemed a little eager in fact. "That would be good payback... After all..." He draws his blade, looking it over before saying "They are the reason I'm an orange and you attacked me." He took a deep breath as he settled the blunt end onto his shoulder. 

Edited by Kalesh

The woman shook her head, "Kalesh, that's a cool name. But before we start hunting our prey, we should wait till your HP is regenerated. You won't be a good meat shield if you are half dead to me when we get there." she said offering a small smile. She sat down in the grass and rolled her eyes through the mist, "I guess there is no luck finding them right now. We can possibly set up a trap..." the woman scrolled through her inventory and selected her lavender cigarette, it had materialized between her fingers as she had coded the item when she made it. She took a long, deep drag before expelling the plume of lilac into the air mixing it with the mist. She was stressed at this point and needed a cig before she even thought about getting back up. She felt horrible she still had to rely on that to calm herself down, while meditation would have been a better bet.

"Its lavender scented," she continued holding it up, "But we can just make a [censored] load of noise or something, they'll find us sooner or later. If we wait around too long though the trail will get cold. I can't track prints once they fade away...." She looked at Kalesh with those honey eyes, dull, lifeless. If he had seen her at the party...then he might have seen her with a smile, being happy...she scoffed at the thought, that woman was dead in its place? Broken goods. 

"You should keep your Katana in your saya to keep its durability up, ya know? That thing won't cut through anything if it breaks apart in the middle of battle," an attempt to make conversation, but insulting how he used his weapon probably not the best way to go about it.  

He raised a brow when she complimented his name, returning the smile before saying in turn "Yours isn't bad either. Gemstones are always lovely... An opal is like if you took a rainbow and made it physical!" He decided to start pointing out with a slight smile "I'm not a tank build, just... aggressive." He shrugged his shoulders, stabbing himself through the gut was a nice indicator of that. He watched curiously as she took out a cigarette, momentarily full of confusion before coming the conclusion that substance addictions might still exist here... but would that fix it? He didn't think on it too long.

As she further explained her cigarette he made a curious 'huh' before saying "Interesting, all the smokers I've known just used tobacco from the gas station. Nothing fancy or... pleasant sounding like that." He smiled with interest, not having a many good memories of smokers but  this was giving him a different perspective. With his interest temporarily sated he says "Trap sounds better... Hearing how cocky they were they probably think they are in control or had a master plan..." He smiled "I'd love to see them surprised, really." He momentarily considered his icon color before saying "Think I'd be good bait? A karma-free kill?" He looked to her curiously for her opinion, noting her eyes as he did so. They were definitely different from back then. He didn't know what she had been through, and he was not psychologist. He might hurt more than he'd help, but that doesn't mean he would really just accept that her eyes are going to stay that way forever. With anger subsiding optimism started to flourish through him again.

He spent a moment with a blank stare before saying "OH! You mean the sheath?" He was obviously not versed in the terminology of his weapon. "You are right... but at the same time, it just feels... safer to have a weapon out sometimes." He manages a small chuckle before stating "It's not often I leave the towns and go 'I'm not going to draw my weapon at the doorway' really... I guess I just don't want to risk getting caught off guard." He looked to Opal with a sense of curiosity shining in his green eyes which brightened as his mood improved. "Oh, before I forget, Kalesh means Mischief." He shrugged his shoulders, not a language he knew, just a word that sounded good.

She looked up at him from the ground, eyes apparently dull still and an expression that was stoic. She flicked the petal like ashes from her stick before they returned to the air like flowing flower petals in the wind. She exhaled a plume of lavender, "I should really quit, but I can't. The addiction is in the mind, its always there. Its always hungry for something..." she rolled her tongue through her mouth and once more took a long drag looking up at him, "There is a drawing technique called Iaido that is efficient from drawing the katana from the scabbard which you can use to deal a lethal blow to someone. The art of Iaido is more of a non combative exercise, however, the movements made can be used in combat strategy, also the many drawing styles Iaido encompasses can give you an edge. They won't see it coming if your fast enough and if they do, they won't know how to block it effectively." she offered him some advice, but the style was more of an art form than anything else. 

As the subject of the plan can into question, Opal stood up and nodded, "If you wish to put yourself on the line like that. These men...they'll kill you without a thought. You are no real use to them, it's me they want...So I should be the bait. How about this...You bind my hands and take my sword and offer me up as a trade for a reward. I don't know if that'll work, but it'll be easier than just going in to slaughter them. We won't know how many of them are out there. We should get an idea and infiltrate their base within. Just an idea..."

She exhaled once more, the purple plume of lavender mixing with the mist as she moved around him, almost gauging his ability to fight, "Mischief, huh? That would have been interesting a while ago..." she was coy with her statement, meaning she would have enjoyed his company more had it not been some the events that had transpired in her life. 

"We'll wait till nightfall and go from there...Your not scared of the dark...are you?" she offered a small smirk, getting close to him, the bold scent of lavender wafting off her body, she teased before backing away and folding her arms over her chest, "I would like to do this without killing anyone, but if it comes down to it. I hope you wont hesitate to save your life. Whatever the cost."

He nodded softly, having a sense of pity for her since she had that addiction. "I understand. I'm the only person in my family who never took up smoking." He shrugged his shoulders "I've seen the struggle it takes to attempt quitting. And the willpower." He sighed softly, none of his family had actually succeeded unfortunately, they had to live with it. He did watch though as she toyed with her unique cigarette though, not about to ask for a hit but definitely curious. When Iaido was mentioned he said with a slight grin "I'm enough of a nerd to know Iaido as a concept but... Well..." He sighed and looked up the sky "There aren't NPC trainers that I can find. You need to learn to use your weapon on your own..." He looked to Opal and smiled softly however "Though sword arts help a little... I could probably mimic the technique you had just used on me to stun me." He seemed a tiny bit proud of that, even if it was not his control that would use the attack but the system. He could take the power of the strong for himself in a way.

He thought her words over carefully before saying "So they'd want you alive, hm? You sure you can trust me with something like that?" He stared to Opal's eyes curiously, it took a great deal of trust to let something like that happen, particularly after her panic when she fought him. She didn't want to 'go back' but she was more or less offering to be served on a silver platter. "I'm willing to go along with it I suppose, but I'm cutting your bonds if the they try to take you." He crossed his arms stubbornly, trying to show determination and honesty as he did.

When she commented mischief wasn't interesting he raised a brow and said "Really? You don't find mischief interesting anymore? I guess I can only wait for that to change then." He grinned to her, his name apparent as he teased her slightly, not entirely sold on her not having a soft spot for mischief as a concept somewhere in her. He could be wrong, but skepticism remained.

He blushed the tiniest amount as she brought herself close, a spark of confidence lighting his eyes as he made sure not to back away but stayed his ground and move half an inch closer before she backed off. "No, I'm not scared of the dark... Just a few of the things that lurk in the dark." He nibbled his lip, remembering a certain somebody's stealth antics. He narrowed his eyes just a little bit when she seemed to question his will to live. "I'm not dying, so don't you worry about that... And I think you meant 'our' lives." He gave Opal a wink, stretching himself out while looking up at the sky. "We have some time before nightfall..." He begins tapping through menus, a length of rope falling into his hands that was intended for climbing purposes. "Tell me when you are ready. You are the one who is at risk here."