[PP-F1][Guild] Into the Wild Blue Yonder (Flints)

Endilix hadn't really done much the past few days. He was a bit too busy with the beautiful woman that he had fallen in love with. They had been spending the last few nights together, and it had been quite a fun time. But, he had gotten countless messages from Emerath and Teion, both of whom seemed to be a bit worried. Though honestly, Endilix was more than a bit miffed that his brother didn't just walk next door and knock. He let it go though, as he sat by her on the couch. He gave a huff, and said, "Well, we've officially ran away from the world for a few days. I suppose we should get back to actually playing the game, eh?" He turned to her and smiled, "Emerath set up rules for how to rank up in the guild. I was reading over them last night while you slept. You'll need to find a treasure chest somewhere and you can officially become the Rogue rank. How does that sound? Want to go on an adventure today?"

Flints looked up at Endilix and smiled sweetly, "Well if we must.." the past few days had been a blur, all she had on her mind was Endilix. He quickly had become the center of her attention as of late, not that she was complaining. Flints stood up and stretched then looked back at her mate, "Well are you ready?! It's about time we get back to work, unless you prefer to lay here with me all day." she chuckled at the thought of them continuing to ignore the world around them despite having so much work ahead of them.

Endilix gave a sigh at the thought of not being able to lay with her all day, "You know, I would've preferred that, honestly. But I suppose we have to prove that we're alive at some point." He stood up next to her, and took her hand, as he walked to the door with her, "So how good do you think you are at finding treasure? Emerath set the bar a bit high, as treasure seems to be fairly rare in this game. But the good news is you don't need to find treasure with actual loot inside. You just have to find a treasure location to begin with." He opened the door to the outside and beckoned for Flints to join him so he could lock the door.

Flints laughed at Endilix's lament but quickly reached out for him as they walked out the door. "Well I would like to say I'm the best in Aincrad! But I've never searched for treasure before, let alone been successful at it!" She felt a little uneasy at the fact that she had never even tried to find loot but there idea quickly dispersed as the cold hit her as they stepped outside, being in the warm bar with Endilix made her forget just how cold the floor they we're on actually was. "But it's okay if I'm terrible at it because I have my wonderful mate to help me!" She chuckled. 

Edited by Flints

Endilix smiled at Flints as he kept his grip on her hand and locked the door behind her. He honestly had never found treasure either, though at one point he had thought he had when he found a dirt patch that had been dug up by another player. He shrugged and said, "Honestly, I've never found any treasure either. So this will be a good adventure for the both of us. I think I'm allowed to help you as much as you want though, so if I see anything I'll be sure to let you know." He leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek and said, "And I wouldn't have it any other way. The perks of you being mates with the Guild's Second-In-Command. It's too bad I don't abuse my power or else you'd already have ranked up." He stuck his tongue out at her and pulled her along towards the Teleport Gate so they could go to the first floor to search for some treasure.

Flints listened to Endilix intently then frowned and whined when he said he wouldn't abuse his power for her. "aw well you're no fun!" she joked. actually she was glad that he wasn't like that. "alright then i guess you'll just have to show me how its done then don't you?" she happily followed him to the Teleport Gate and grabbed his arm rushing him to their destination. She pulled him so that he was standing next to him, and she held his hand as she looked up and shouted, "Teleport: City of Beginnings!" 

Endilix held Flints hand as he was pulled onto the Teleport Gate platform and shouted with her as they were enveloped in a blue light and taken down to the first floor. He looked around, and the city seemed to be bustling as much as usual. He turned and smiled to Flints, "Well, are you ready to find your first treasure? Do you even know where to start looking?" He kept a grasp on her hand as he began walking to one of the outer gates, "I'd focus on caves and maybe odd trees. We can also try digging in the dirt. I tried that once but it didn't work out very well...." Endilix scratched the back of his neck with his free hand, "I, uh, had to fight a giant earthworm."

Flints followed Endilix to the outer gates and looked around excitedly, although she wasn't sure what she was looking for she was looking forward to doing these things with Endilix in tow, "Id say we hit up some caves, heh, nice and dark!" she joked then frowned when he started talking about the consequences of digging in the wrong places. "well.. I wouldn't want to run into one of those..." 

As Flints mentioned the idea of some caves, he pulled up his map and looked at it. "Well, there's bound to be some mountains near the forest I'm sure. Perhaps we should head in that direction." He pointed to show her some areas on the map that he thought might have a potential for caves. "But we need to be careful. I can probably take them on this floor, but there is at least one cave that has a miniboss in it. A wolf mother. I think if we see her we should err on the side of caution and avoid that battle. But if we get attacked by any other monsters then I think that we'll be okay. I'll tank the monsters and you just beat them up." He smiled at her, and began to walk in the direction that he had indicated on the map towards the mountains. As he walked, he pulled up his equipment screen and actually equipped his armor, hammer, and shield. Seeing as they were now actually exploring, he thought it best to be prepared.

Flints eyes glowed at the thought of getting to explore some mountains and caves, at the mention of the mini boss flints clutched her weapon and smiled up at Endilix. "A wolf mother? Sounds like fun!" She joked, knowing all to well how dangerous her excitement was. She followed Endilix and watched him equip his gear and frowned. She remmabered she was more of a liability to anyone that quested with her because she didn't have proper equipment. She sighed and looked to the sky and whispered to herself, "all in due time.." 

Endilix shook his head at Flints as she got so excited about the wolf mother. He gave a bit of a sigh, but turned to her with a smile, knowing her nature. "Well, we can try fighting it, if you want, but if things don't go as planned I want you to be prepared to run." He gripped her hand tightly, and looked at her as they walked, "I promise that I can tank it, if you promise to kill it as hard as you can." Endilix's eyes burned brightly at the thought of fighting alongside Flints, and he found himself excited as well. But he tempered that excitement with, "Well, we have to find the cave first. So let's get to those mountains!"

Flints could hardly contain her excitement when it came to the idea of the wolf, but she felt Endilix grasp her hand and immediately she thought other wise, she was afraid of endangering Endilix. For once she was thinking of someone other than herself, even though the idea of fighting something by his side got her more excited.  "Well then we can find this cave, it shouldn't be hard to spot!" She looked off into the distance, watching the mountains as they came closer into view, she knew the sooner they got to the foot of the mountains, the sooner they could began their search. 

It wasn't much longer before they had actually made their way through the forest and up to the mountains. The trees were thick around the base, and the mountains were actually more like larger than usual hills rather than outright mountains. Endilix put a hand on one of the trees and leaned against it as he pulled up his map, "Well, I have no idea where the wolf mother is, so I guess we just start looking for caves or dens. If we find one that looks like a den, we'll probably find the wolf mother. Lead the way, sweetheart. This is your quest now."

Flints smiled at Endlix and began to wonder out On her own in search of the den that Emdilix spoke of, the trees were thick and plentiful, most of the hills didn't look like they had any dens, everything was fairly similar. "Uh, this might take a while.." Flints glanced back at Endilix before wondering around some more listening for anything that would possibly lead her in the right direction. " How do you know it's a mother wolf?" Flints giggled at her silly question. But to past the time she didn't mind asking it. 

Endilix shrugged at her question as he watched her search and followed along behind her. "Honestly, I don't know. I've never done this myself, so we should be prepared for anything." Endilix scanned the area for anything that looked like it might have a cave or a den in it, but nothing was readily obvious, "Something tells me that a mother wolf wouldn't make her den easy to spot or find, not if she wanted to protect her pups." Endilix looked up at the trees, "Maybe it'd be easier for you to spot from up in the branches. You'd be able to see more into the distance."

Flints looked around for caves that seemed deeper than the rest, she figured that if it had to house wolves it had to be a tad bigger than the rest. she glanced to Endilix from time to time to see if he had found anything. When he suggested that she get a higher vantage point she launched herself into the trees before he could even finish his sentence. Flints searched around some more before calling down to Endilix, "I Still don't see much from here..the branches are too thick." her brow furrowed as she starred blankly out into the sea of green before taking a deep breath and relaxing against the trunk. 

As Flints made her way through the trees Endilix continued to wander into the hills. That was when something caught his eye. He saw what looked like a tuft of fur in a bush. He pulled it from the bush and examined it. It was soft and fluffy and low to the ground, as if it had come off of a pup. Endilix looked up to Flints in the trees, "I think the pups are nearby!" He looked around, and made his way over another hill nearby, only to begin to hear a quiet whimpering. Endilix quickly got onto his stomach into a prone position, and then lowered his head to look down into a hole underneath him, that sounded like where the whimpering was coming from. And then he saw some pups wandering around, whining, and giving the occasional bark. The hole was deep, and the pups couldn't easily be seen in the darkness, but their white fur reflected by what little light shone through betrayed them.

Endilix pulled his head up again, as he turned on the ground to look for Flints, "I found them! I found the pups, the mother can't be-" Endilix's words were cut off by a nearby low growl. Endilix turned his head to see a pair of shining red eyes dangerously close to his face. "...too far away..." he finished, as he stared her down for a moment.

Suddenly Endilix had rolled away and was on his feet, his hammer in his hand and shield off his back. He wasn't quite fast enough, however, as the wolf mother growled and leapt forward at him, but he was quick enough to deflect her teeth with his shield, pushing her away. She growled and snarled at him, as the pups ran out of the den, barking and growling themselves, upon hearing their mother's vicious assault. 

Monster Details

• Wolf Mother: 20 HP
    • 3 DMG
    • 5 MIT
  • Wolf Pup: 4 HP
    • 1 DMG Per Pup

Turn Order

• Endilix
  • Wolves
  • Flints

Combat

• ID: 36386
  • BD: 2 (Failure) -2 EP
  • MD: 2 (Failure)

Combat Results

• Endilix: 37/37
    • EP: 8/8 -> 6/8
  • Flints: 28/28
  • Wolf Mother: 20/20
  • Wolf Pup: 4/4
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Flints (0)
Edited by Endilix

Flints watched as Endilix pulled something fluffy from the bush and her heart began to race, before she could ask him what was going on she heard the whimpers then shortly after the low growl from the mother who was face to face with her mate. she watched as the two became locked in combat, both missing their targets just barely. as the pups joined their mother Flints took the opportunity to try and defend Endilix. She launched herself at the wolves, successfully hitting them before taking her place at Endilix's side. "Well it looks like you found them.." 

Combat

• ID: 36388
  • BD: 8 (Success) Hate +1
    • Sword Art Activated - Primal Burst 1x1 (AoE) - 3 DMG - 5 MIT = 1 DMG (Minimum) to Wolf Mother 
      • 3 DMG to Wolf Pups
      • -2 EP

Combat Results

• EP: 7/7 -> 5/7
  • Wolf Mother: 20/20 -> 19/20
  • Wolf Pup: 4/4 -> 1/4
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Flints (1)

Endilix watched as Flints dove from the trees and smashed into the wolf mother and her pups. The wolf mother didn't seem to take too much damage, but the pups all appeared to be hurting pretty badly, her attack sending them into the red. Endilix smiled at his mate, and gave her a nod as he charged in, but the wolves seemed less interested in him and more interested in her. As they leapt over him to their intended target, Endilix skidded to a halt and turned around. Before he knew it, he had managed to barrel past the wolves directly into Flints, grabbing her as the wolves and their teeth clanked harmlessly into the armor on his back and bounced off.

Once he heard the growls and snarls behind him, he looked at Flints. She seemed to be okay. He released her from his grasp, and took his place next to her side once more. "Alright, we can take them. You finish off the pups, and then all we have to worry about is the mother."

Combat

• ID: 36392
  • BD: 4 (Failure) -2 EP
  • MD: 1 (Critical Failure)

Combat Results

• Passive Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 6/8 -> 7/8 -> 5/8
  • Wolf Mother: 19/20
  • Wolf Pup: 1/4
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Flints (1)
Edited by Endilix

Flints braced herself for the pack that came barreling at her, she barred her teeth and growled when she felt a rough smack to her body and something embrace her, she waited for the attacks but when she opened her eyes it was Endilix holding onto her tightly, the loud clang of the four beasts against his back sent her mind into a fit of worry before he released her. She didn't give them time to recover from their attacking, as soon as she was let go she charged them and returned their foul tempers in full. She lashed out and hit all four, she felt a pang of sympathy for the pups' mother as she watched the three crumple before the mother and burst into a flurry of pixels. She looked over to Endilix, pleased with herself for the moment. At least they were taken care of and all they had left was the mother. "Okay, three down, one to go!" She shouted excitedly. 

Combat

• ID: 36393
  • BD: 7 (Success) Hate +1
    • Sword Art Activated - Primal Burst 1x1 (AoE) - 3 DMG - 5 MIT = 1 DMG (Minimum) to Wolf Mother 
      • 3 DMG to Wolf Pups
      • -2 EP

Combat Results

• Passive Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 5/7 -> 6/7 -> 4/7
  • Wolf Mother: 19/20 -> 18/20
  • Wolf Pup: 1/4 -> 0/4 Dead!
    • LD: 11 (No Loot)