PP - F7 In the Shadow of the Temple (Opal) (Self-Training Series Part 2) (Completed)

After his training on the eleventh floor Calrex decided to travel next to one of the floors he had yet to fully explore, the mountain range themed seventh. Starting in the main settlement of Nimbus he had immediately set out, traveling down some of the paths he had previously gone down during his past material gathering trips. His aim was to head towards the supposed temples that existed here that were used in the past for training, "Speaking of training, I wonder how Opal is doing on her personal training retreat. It's certainly been some time since she left her guild and went off on her training with someone named Master Myoga. Well, I guess if she's in a way Lindow's legacy, she's gotta be doing alright."

Looking up he saw that Roc was soaring overhead, keeping an eye on the ground below. Drawing the Grand Blade he gave a small sigh as he gave it a quick twirl before steeling his senses, "Just like before. I'm going to train to get stronger and unlock the combined Martial Arts and weapon Sword Art."

Giving a calming breath he continued to proceed down the path. Activating his <<Reveal>> skill Calrex watched as the landscape became transparent, allowing him to keep an eye out for any potential ambushes that were lying in wait.

Edited by Calrex

Opal danced around her target, the cold katana blade coming down and then upwards as she shuttled it across the wire bristle of fur from a rather annoying Dire Ram. She kept her blade even with both hands and circled as it charged after her, its ivory horns charging forward as its massive hooves beat down on the ground charging at her. Opal side stepped just in time running the blade across the Ram's frame as it exploded into digital matter. She swung her blade to the side to remove any of the tainted blood from her katana and then sheathed it slowly in her saya. She sighed and ran her slender fingers through her ebony hair. As she got up and collected whatever was left behind in terms of loot, she heard footsteps, if anything very light ones. "[censored]...them again..." 

She took off quickly to the right her body devoured by the shadows of the land as she blended in with her surroundings. She would not be easily detected by whoever was going to give chase to her, and it was Sensui's men she would attack without mercy. <<Engaged Sneak & Hide: 12 Stealth Rating>>

OOC: Lol, this is the first time I've ever encountered the Sneak and Hide! XD

ID: 34333
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10 (Does not detect Opal / No Bonus Loot)
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +4) = 6 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 32 Remaining)

"Hm? Did I just hear movement?"

His senses on alert Calrex lowered his stance as he prepared for any potential threats. Even though his <<Reveal>> skill was active, the ability still was limited to his field of view. Since he didn't have eyes in the back of his head, there was no way he saw that someone had taken cover in the shadows nearby.

However, he did manage to see a creature descend from the mountain face just to his side, a oversized salamander that seemed designed to fit into the landscape, "Guess the Reveal skill isn't perfect after all. Alright then let's get you out of the way. I'm not exactly in a hurry, but I've got no time to waste on you."

As the creature leapt forward Calrex lowered his stance as he prepared a Sword Art. Completely ignoring the creature latching onto his arm Calrex activated <<Howling Octave>> as he rushed forward, using his shoulder to knock the lizard back. Immediately following the charge he stabbed five times, piercing the creature as if he were drawing the points of a star before quickly delivering a down to up to down series of slashes. As the flaming orange glow left the Grand Blade the lizard dissipated into shards as he gave a calming breath, glancing down at the small tooth scratch that the creature had left on his armor's pauldron, "That should heal up in less than a second. Better keep moving."

Lowering his sword he gave a small sigh as he decided to continue down the path, "What in the world was that sensation I felt earlier. It didn't come from the lizard. Was there someone or something else in the area?"

HP List
Calrex: 164/165 (DMG 21(+2 Critical) - 25 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)

Enemies:
Mountain Salamander: -4/84

Edited by Calrex

Like a panther, Opal moved slowly in the shadows of the land. Whoever was trying to get the one up on her had failed, but it wasn't her they were aiming for. She had to get a better viewpoint of who was stalking her, now that she was stalking them. Her lithe legs moved in a crouch as she got up behind her assailant and watched with careful eyes as he proceeded to decimate a mob in the area.  Whoever it was, they were taking up the mobs in the area which meant none for her. She grunted lowly and made her way out of the shadows behind the mystery person and revealing herself behind him. <<Disengaged Sneak & Hide>>

"Not that I don't mind people hunting in the area...But you think you can look elsewhere to...hunt...for--Calrex?" her voice softened with every syllable she spoke in her sentence, her arms fell from their folded position as she tried to look intimidating in her battle armor jacket. She knew only one person who wore that color in the whole game and the mention of the solid colors from Lindow over and over, but it had been a long time since she had seen the man and only looking at the back of his head, it could have been someone else or she just assumed the person in front of her was the she met at the Lake. 

The woman placed a hand on her saya just in case, "No, funny business...just turn around slowly so I can get a look at your face..." She attempted the intimidation act once more just in case it wasn't him, her tone was cold or as cold as she could get it to sound with her almost liquid honey voice.  

g6ApvDf.jpg

(Two Posts Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 Health Recovered)

"So there was someone else in the area. Guess in the end I'm the weakpoint in the Reveal skill, heh."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he heard the person behind him speak, but his eyebrows lifted in surprise as he heard the person mutter his name, "Huh?"

Lowering the Grand Blade he slowly rotated it into a reverse grip so that he could sheath it back into the horizontal scabbard on the back of his hip. Since the person seemed to be trying to put on a tough persona, he gave a small exhale, "From what I know, there's only a few people that could potentially threaten me with a single strike, and this person's voice doesn't match any of them. In fact it matches..."

"Wait a minute...Opal?"

Slowly turning around to face the person behind him Calrex blinked his eyes a couple of times in surprise to see the woman he had only seen two times in the past in front of him. Looking down at her hip he saw that she was bearing a new weapon, a katana. "Hey! Wow long time no see. It's certainly been a while."

Lowering his arms he put them into his jacket pockets as he gave a friendly smile, "Well that's good to see that she's doing well. If she's bearing a katana that must mean she's unlocked the skill needed to wield it."

HP List
Calrex: 165/165

Edited by Calrex

"Calrex...so it is you.." She sighed and relaxed her poised stance as she gave a friendly wave as she walked towards him, "I didn't think I would see anyone else out here today. Not too many come to mob hunt on floor seven, there are a few weak enemies I can get my hands on. I guess after that little display of dominance over that Salamander though, you have no problem mowing through them."

Opal folded her arms over her chest, blocking whatever clear cut cleavage she was showing up until recently and smiled, "It has been a long time. You are looking as though you haven't stopped training. I'm glad you recognized me! I kinda went through a few changes since the last time we met up. As you can see I've been taking care of myself; still alive." she said releasing her arms from over her chest and showing she was still alive.

"What brings you out to floor seven? Just casual training?" she moved her saya from her hip to the back a bit as she shifted her weight, but her eyes looked past him and around making sure no other visitors were in sight. Just because she man handled a few of Sensui's men, wouldn't mean he would give up on his prize that was Opal. Her honey eyes moved back towards his own as they engaged in the small conversation. 

"I guess my little show wouldn't intimidate someone like you, huh? I have to be careful none the less. I have made...many, many enemies since I started my training." she offered a slight insight of what has been going on with her recently, but kept enough back as to not bore him with her personal training experiences or those that did not concern him in her personal vendetta against Sensui and his group of men. 

(One Post Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered)

"Heh, well, I can't really say that it's casual training. However, you are correct. It appears that my most powerful Sword Arts are capable of eliminating the enemies on this floor with one shot. Nonetheless it certainly good to see you're doing well. Going from your garbs it looks like your Master Myoga is training you like a true kunoichi, heh."

OOC: This thread takes place timeline-wise after the conclusion of the twelfth floor raid, so technically if I die in there (hopefully not), this isn't canon XD.

IC:

He gave a calming breath before continuing, "My training isn't exactly going to be casual. With the way the floor raid went, I saw that I've got a lot of training to do. If you're familiar with the players Tristan and Zelrius, I still count them as people who are far stronger than I am. Heck even my fiancee, Teayre, I would consider to have surpassed me in strength with her grandmastered katana skill. So, in order to still be reliable for the future raids I'm planning on unlocking the skills that are supposedly only available to those who bear both a sword skill and Martial Arts."

Taking his hands out of his pockets he put one behind hie had as he moved some of the hair close to the base of his neck, taking note of the fact that Opal had mentioned she ended up making some enemies during her training, "Well, you seem to have been handling them just fine, at least if you're in any shape to be talking big like earlier. Nonetheless if any of them show up I can certainly lend a hand while I'm here."

Edited by Calrex

OOC: Glad we cleared that up timewise, wasn't sure to mention the boss raid or not. 

Opal gasped lightly at the mention of Tearye and Calrex to be engaged, but she took a moment to think about what was said during her run in with the Katana Grandmaster and shook her head, "I've had the honor to meet her awhile back, even had the privilege to join up with her on a mat hunting quest." Opal gave some insight as to her knowledge of the two players as she nodded at his training, "So...I see.." she looked away, "Ugh...well, that seems like fun. I've been busting my ass off this last month and I can't really say I have gone up much. Maybe..." she thought back what level she was when they had last met, "Maybe...seven levels at best? But Master Myoga has taught me life long knowledge of the arts so it paying off now I guess..."

She blew the fine highlighted strands of her hair from her eyes and moved them with the back of her hand with a gentle sweeping motion, "I guess I need to double up on my training so I can catch up to you." she offered a small bit of a challenge to herself. She had hoped to be level twenty five by now, but she had been slowing down on her training to help other players, and the minor distractions that came along with it. But it was nice to get back into the swing of conversing with people. It used to come so naturally with her being the social butterfly but now...it was just a chore to hold a simple conversation with others.

She cleared her throat, "Thank you...for that. They've been tagging me since I escaped......" she trailed off a bit, "Nevermind...about that. The help would be appreciated if they make their presence known to us. But I don't think any will show up after the last ass beating I gave them." she smirked, she was happy to know her skills were sharper than ever, but not as lethal as the Aquamarine Knight in front of her. 

(Energy Fully Recharged)

"Heh, well seven levels is certainly still something of significance. That translates to a boost in your health and energy levels, allowing you to fight longer and take more hits. Nonetheless, from what I can tell if you keep it up you should be at frontliner levels fairly soon."

Taking note of Opal mentioning she had met up with Teayre Calrex gave a nod and a smile, "She really loves using the katana, so it's no surprise that she's focused on getting that skill maximized. I ended up diversifying my abilities, so because of that I'm not grandmastered at anything for now. As for your enemies..."

Giving a calming breath he activated his <<Reveal>> skill once again, scanning the landscape for any potential threats, both human and monster, that could be lying in wait. As usual, nothing seemed to fall into his field of view as he deactivated the skill, "...there doesn't appear to be any other threats in the immediate area, so for now they're definitely not following you. Of course, if you were able to sneak up on me that means I could be wrong."

Stretching his arms he gave a nod, "In any case I was heading in the supposed direction of some temples that were deep within the mountain range. Do you happen to know where those are? I've heard some players have gone there to train, so I figure it might be a good spot to work on my sword skills and get closer to grandmastering it."

Edited by Calrex

Opal folded her arms over her chest once more and nodded, "Master Myoga had a plot of land over back that way," she nodded back in the direction from where she was, "But he doesn't like visitors. I have seen the rubble of some temples in other mountain paths as I have trained over here. The mobs are a bit stronger than what I can take on right now since I have yet to put any points into an Armor Skill, but I am working on that." she said nonchalantly and confirmed about Sensui's men.

"They are devious miscreants, but they aren't tough. The only thing they have going for them is their mass in numbers, but even then they are still weak. Things only get complicated when Volcano or another General of Sensui's shows up in the mix..." she shrugged, "While I appreciate your help, it might be best that you don't provoke them. Sensui has a way of getting inside your head...he might not be able to physically hurt you, but he'll hurt the ones that are close to you...He is a coward like that." she scoffed at his cowardice behavior, going as far as saying he would destroy the Crimson Blades in the process. 

"I can show you the ruins of the temple where I go occasionally. There are a few mountain giants that might be decent enough for you to get your skill up, I can't take them on as their mitigation seems almost impenetrable and they are like  18 feet tall...pretty gnarly things. I have also seen some earth elementals roaming the area too, but they are passive and don't aggro unless you attack them first. If your up for something like that, I can take you there. It's just this way." she gestured and took the lead in front of Calrex. 

"I have to say," she started off, "I am starting to enjoy the katana myself. It feels much more at home than a Greatsword, that's for sure. But right now at my level, it would be worthless than to go any higher in the rank since I won't have the energy to pull off the locked Sword Arts. And this.." she pointed to her waist, the scarlet saya was poked by her finger, "Is only a rare, I have an odachi being smithed for me, but because of the...odd length of the blade it's takes a bit longer to make. And once I have that Odachi, I'll be paying a visit to Sensui and destroying everything he has built...

"Going after the people you care about rather than going after you? Seems like the only thing that this Sensui has going for him is a snake's tongue and a lot of grunts. He sound closer to a sequel to the <<Bandit Camp>> quest than a threatening individual. Nonetheless if you feel that I should stay away I'll respect your wishes, although if you ever need a hand feel free to let me know. Those monsters you mentioned might be more than enough to assist with my training. Let's definitely get moving."

Letting Opal lead the way Calrex drew the Grand Blade as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill once again, putting his free hand into his pocket, "18 feet would be pretty tall, but I think there's a couple of monsters that are even larger than that which I have encountered. Course from my past experience with games usually size does not translate to speed, meaning that what they gain in size and strength, they sacrifice in agility. Nonetheless I'm glad you've found a weapon you're comfortable with. As for armor, I wouldn't worry too badly about it. If you're Evasion is high you should be alright for quite some time with a lower armor rank."

Glancing down at his own sword he gave a smile, "I've been using a straight sword ever since I first started in this game, so I guess it's become my go to weapon, even though I occasionally use techniques which are better suited for a curved weapon. Now with the Sword Art system it feels even easier to wield. Although, I think I could probably be even more useful if I could somehow wield either my fists and my sword, or two swords. It would probably feel more natural."

Edited by Calrex

Opal's hands dangled at her sides as they walked through the terrain, the ground was uneven and the cracked earth was starting to show as the beaten path was becoming merged with just raw land and surface, no longer becoming an actual traveled path, "That is true, I have some decent armor that helps with my evasion properties, but if I get struck by one of these mobs my Hit Points will go down the drain. And with alchemist crystals becoming harder to make, potions need to be used carefully in such instances. But I am learning combat tactics little by little, can't say I know a world full of them." she added on. From the horizon she could see a massive looking Giant lumbering about with a massive log shaped weapon hunkered over its shoulder. 

"There are the giants I was talking about. The Earth Elementals will appear more once we get closer to the ruins, they like to roam in that area for some reason." she said slowing her pace, she tangled with these things before as just a test of her strength against them. Their skin was too touch to penetrate with her blade at the time and she hasn't grown as strong since then, weapon damage didn't scale with levels which was a shame.

"Fist and sword? Is that new?" she flicked open her menu to read the new combat arts that some weapons now had, she gave a slight 'Huh' as she read some of the Sword Arts now having a new technique which involved some knowledge of martial arts, "That's interesting.." she said dismissing her menu. 

"I don't wanna get in the way of your training, but if you don't mind me watching from the rear...I'll stay out of the attack range of those Mountain Giants. I know you won't need the back up, but if you do...just let me know." Although she would probably be more helpful staying away from his work. She knew Calrex was a decent enough guy, but she heard some high leveled players could be snobs about newbs being in their way during battle. 

ID: 34362
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +4) = 0
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 31 Remaining)

"Yeah, that is true. Well, if you have the time maybe you check with your master to see if he's knowledgeable about the Parry skill. It reduces incoming damage and if you time your technique right can even cause a riposte that can stun an enemy. It's pretty handy and has kept me alive, even when up against extremely powerful opponents."

Looking forward Calrex also took notice of the giants that Opal had mentioned, giving a nod, "Yeah, these guys are certainly going to be interesting."

Giving the Grand Blade a quick twirl with a flick of his wrist Calrex gave a nod as Opal asked if she could watch from behind, "Sure thing, as long as you stay out of its detection range I have no problems with it. This thing looks tough, but it shouldn't pose a lethal threat. Heh, I'm more sturdily built than that."

Giving a nod he turned and used his <<Sprint>> ability to rush forward, quickly closing the distance to the large monster. As soon as he got into detection range the giant immediately turned to face him as it brought the log it was carrying back, coming across in a low sweep. The massive hunk of wood tore across the ground towards Calrex, but right as it was about to strike he vanished for a second. Having used his <<Acrobatics>> ability he had landed on top of the log, lowering his stance to activate his <<Star Quint Prominence>> Sword Art.

Guided by the assist system Calrex leapt off of the log towards the giant's chest, delivering three strikes in quick succession. The three strokes left a star-shaped series of cuts on the creature before the Ultramarine Knight kicked off, landing back on the ground below, "I guess fighting larger creature with weapons have given me some experience with maneuvering around their forms. This thing should be stunned for now, so let's see if I can hit it hard with my next attack."

HP List

Enemies:
Mountain Giant: 86/100 (9 DMG * 6 Art - 40 MIT = 14 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

Opal had indeed known about the Parry Skill and what it could be used for, but she found it more to be a tanky skill than a DPS, but then again, she wasn't either one at the moment. But it was something to think about instead of working on the mitigation. If she wanted to go with a more accurate build, that would probably work in her favor. She would have to look into the skill some more.

When the dark haired woman inquired about watching Calrex battle on his own, she was given the green light to stay in the back. She would be of no use to him during his training session and just get in the way. As he engaged his battle, Opal found a nice large boulder to rest on, shifting her body and leaning against her, she folded her arms over her chest and watched with interest at the Ultramarine Knight went to work on the oversize Mountain Giant. His footwork was impressive, each movement was precise and accurate until the unfurling moment of the attack. "Holy [censored]..." she muttered under her breath, no wonder he was one of the top dogs on the server. She sighed, she still had a lot of catching up to do, but it seemed no amount of training she could do would lead her to that sort of growth. Her lithe hand lifted upwards as she combed through the short tendrils of dark hair as it moved back in place over one eye and she continued to study the battle ahead. 

He opened with a stunning attack, unlike Opal who was more aggressive normally went with her stronger blow to kill her opponents. She bit her lower lip and wondered if it was better to weaken first and then strike with a full out force? The man had the experience of battle on his shoulders, there were lessons to be learned here. 

ID: 34437
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 24 Remaining)

Seeing that the giant had yet to become free of the Stun condition Calrex gave a calming exhale as he focused, extending his sword arm so that the Grand Blade's point continued to face towards the monster. Rushing forward his sword lit alight with a flaming orange glow as he activated his currently most powerful Sword Art, <<Howling Octave>>, the same technique he had used on the salamander from before. Feeling the assisted system take over he flew forward before leaping upwards, unleashing a flurry of five stabs at the giant in the formation of a star before the second part of the attack began.

Starting with a downwards cut Calrex created a deep gash on the monster's chest before following with an uppercut, slashing upwards to the creature's collar. Finishing his attack was a powerful falling slash as he rode the attack down until it exited at the bottom of the giant, bending one knee as he hit the ground.

Leaping back he looked to see that the giant's health had dropped to be low half. Quickly checking his energy bar he saw it was at a chunk above half. Feeling a small smirk come across his lips Calrex gave another exhale to focus before going back into his battle stance, "A few more strikes like that and this battle should be over."

Right as the Ultramarine Knight readied himself the giant was freed, the Stun marker disappearing from its health bar as it gave a roar, it's eyes trained on the blue-haired player.

HP List

Enemies:
Mountain Giant: 46/100 (10 DMG * 8 Art - 40 MIT = 40 DMG / Stunned End)

Edited by Calrex

Opal had pulled out a familiar scented lavender cigarette out of the small carton she had stashed away in her inventory, taking a slow long drag, her lips pursed around the butt and inhaled with the calming effect of the ingredients kicking in. A lilac stream of smoke escaped her lips as she blew it from her lungs and flicked the end, sending a swirl of lilac flower petals fluttering off the end. 

As she leaned against the rock, she rose one hand to her face and bit down on a finger watching the battle unfold as Calrex had taken a chunk of HP from the Mountain Giant. She shook her head, the power that man had was incredible...she was a bit envious and jealous as she watched him storm up his attack, the orange glow of his sword art and his own mix and variation of the attack before finally coming down as the brutish entity was free of the stun. The world seemed to shake as it was once more free of its imprisonment and she kept a steady set of honey eyes on both of them to make sure Calrex would not be hard during his training battle. If anything, she could swoop in and stun the mob when it was no longer immune to the status effect, she wouldn't do any damage, but at least he could get a free shot in to finish it off. But as things were clear, he had the upper advantage in this battle. 

Another excessive long drag was taken and the air now smelled with a light aroma of lavender. She scratched her chin and exhaled, was it alright to be this lazy? She looked behind her towards the distance of the temple, they didn't have much further to go. 

Edited by Opal

ID: 34439
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage) (Geezes please keep these rolls coming XD)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 17 Remaining)

As the mountain giant raised its huge wooden log Calrex lowered his stance as he gave a calming breath, "Make this next shot count..."

The log began to descend towards him as he tensed his muscles, coiling the ones in his legs like a spring as he readied for the strike. The huge hunk of wood came close to hitting him before it slammed into the ground, with the Ultramarine Knight activated his <<Sprint>> skill to quickly avoid the attack. The timing of his advance was just right, as the giant was still recovering from its attack as he once again activated his most powerful attack <<Howling Octave>>

The five stabs came out once again, each one seeming to pierce deeper than the last flurry of blows. Leaping upwards Calrex slashed downwards once again before cutting as far upwards as he could, the Grand Blade exiting out of the monster's shoulder. Quickly kicking off of the giant's clavicle he brought his blade down as he rode the strike once again all the way to the bottom.

As he returned back to the ground there was a pause before the giant started to fall in half before promptly bursting into crystals, defeated. Standing upright Calrex gave his sword a quick flick, as if he was cleaning blood off it before twirling it into a reverse grip, resheathing until the sword locked into place. Turning back to Opal he gave a friendly smirk and a nod as he started walking back over, "Well that battle certainly went a lot faster than I was planning it to. So, where to next?"

Loot Dice:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 500 col (Mob Health 100 * 5 = 500 col)

HP List

Enemies:
Mountain Giant: -2/100 (11 DMG * 8 Art - 40 MIT = 48 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

OOC: Will be a little slow with responses during this 40 minutes. Talking with a few friends on IMVU. :) 

Opal's sharp thin brows rose as she watched the last tidbits of the the one sided battle won in Calrex's favor. That was no surprising victory, he was probably better off farming enemies on the double digit floors. She pushed off with a sharp kick to the boulder as she moved towards him, her hands moving behind her body as to block the scented stick form wafting towards him, a force of habit from the woman's previous life in the real world. She eyed his unscathed body, "It didn't even stand a chance, huh?" she asked with the slightest of smiles. 

"Well, the temple you are looking for is just down this beaten path. Or one of the temples, there is a lot of temples in ruins maybe has to do with a backstory or lore for this floor. In either case, I think only the Mountain Giants are the threat in the area. We can walk past the Earth Elementals, they don't seem to be aggressive unless provoked..." she had mentioned that earlier and shook her head at the thought of repeating herself. She grunted a bit from the expressive redundancy and shuttled past him, moving her hand away and to the front as she took lead of the two. 

"That was an impressive battle, I have to say. I think that's the second time I have seen someone from the upper levels battle so efficiently. Master Myoga does not show off much against Mobs. We battle with wooden dummys, unfortunately they don't attack back..." she trailed off after complimenting his battle prowess, not like he needed to know...He understood his power and was humble about it from his earlier comments when she snuck up on his blind side. Did she ever apologize for that? Lifting a single hand to her dark red lips, a small plume of lilac spread through the air scenting it with lavender once more, she discreetly flicked the petaled ashes away from the both of them as they continued to walk. 

OOC: Lol no worries! I'll likely be knocking out after this or the next reply XD

IC:

"Heh, well I can't honestly say that luck wasn't in my favor for that battle. The giant didn't even get a hit on me, and all of my attacks seemed to bite deeper than I remember them doing so. Nonetheless I think I've gleamed a little bit more knowledge from that battle that hopefully will serve me useful in the future. As for the temple let's go ahead and keep moving. I'm sure if need be we can stop by those earth elementals at any time. From what I remember constructs tend to be more of a challenge, since they're capable of manipulating their limbs without needing to be attached. More than a few times I've seen them fire their fists like cannons."

Listening attentively to Opal's compliment and statement about her current training situation, giving a nod, "I guess if he's training you I wouldn't be surprised if he refrained from too much demonstration. If he showed everything he knew there would be nothing left to keep interest right? Nonetheless if you're at your current fighting capability because of his regimen, it must be doing something right."

"From what I remember, training dummies are normally around for practicing and perfecting technique. Unless they're specifically designed for fighting styles specialized in simultaneous attack and defense, it could come across as mundane."

Looking over he saw a burst of light purple color escape from Opal's mouth, filling the air with a light scent of lavender, "A cigarette? I don't think I've ever seen one in SAO. That's certainly different."

"Most likely once I do start training at the temple I'll focus on honing my Martial Arts ability. I think if I'm going to unlock the extra Sword Arts hidden for each weapon I need to become more in tune with the way my body functions when using the techniques specific to unarmed combat. Once that's done I can probably focus on grandmastering my sword, then blending the two styles together."

Edited by Calrex

She scratched the back of her head lightly tousling the strands of hair in the back, her weapon of choice of focused on both hands being on the hilt leaving little room to use any sort of mixed martial arts skills with her skill arts, unless it involved kicks which she doubted any of them were executed with. The woman flicked the purple stick from her fingers into the air as it was discarded and dematerialized in sharp blue pixels. She sighed, "Maybe it wasn't Earth Elementals then that were the passive ones..." she said, she often got names of mobs mixed up from other floors and she was slightly embarrassed by the fact that she didn't know one from another. In her defense she was more or less a hermit while training and she practiced more at the temple in the confines of a safe zone rather than out in the field. Luckily enough for her, she was turned away from Calrex as the blush of embarrassment dissipated little by little until she was comfortable walking side by side him. 

"In any case, I enjoyed the company today. I have had sporadic moments with other players since I started training. Just lucky meeting some new people along the way. I've been going out more and more because..." she hesitated to say why and she knew that saying it would make everything so much harder for her in the end. It was a fact, Master Myoga's health had been failing for a while, even when he trained her he pushed his body so she could learn all his techniques. She rubbed her forehead, "So if those are not Earth Elementals...what are they? I tend to get my mobs mixed up..." 

She pointed at some passive looking mobs that roamed the area by the temple that was coming up in the distance. They were small humanoid beings made of earth and so she immediately thought that's what they were. This was her first MMORPG ever and she did not study or understand some terms used before entering the game and she had only minimal knowledge of the monster names in particular besides the ones she fought. She didn't fight these things since they were passive things and they were kinda cute, so it she didn't go out of her way to learn what they were.