[PP-F3] This welcome's worn out! <Worn Out Welcome> (Hirru)

A while after the update, Greg was feeling out of it. His level had dropped by two, which seriously put him in a bad mood. On the bright side, however, he finally got his <Coat of the Azure Wind> from a local tailor he had paid to make it a while ago. Shaking off the lethargic feeling he was getting, he took on the quest <Worn Out Welcome>, on floor three! It seems people had been clearing the floors while he was out of it. After meeting the quest NPCs, he opted to request Light Metal Armor. As the quest goes, he now has to head into the forest to fight a Dark Elf. Now, if only he could find a party...

Edited by Greg Baxen

Having taken the third floor as his main hunting grounds, the Jade Hunter would come to find that many brave individuals have started to venture into the fields more frequently than before.  Though, that could just be the fact that the new system that came with the patch was pushing people to be more defensive, and try to be much more careful of their surroundings.  Especially on a floor that could spell doom for someone that was just starting out.  Though, it wasn't any of his concern, he had placed hunting notifications out on every bulletin board from here to the fifth floor, for anyone that needed help along the way.

"That vacation really messed with my business.  I should see if anyone needs any help."

As he passed by a certain shop that was known for their beginner quests, his gaze fell upon a blonde warrior, whom looked to be scanning the area for the nearest bulletin board.  Possibly needed help with the quest, which wasn't too bad.  Just defeat the Dark Elf that had the resources needed for the armor that they chose.  The Jade Hunter walked towards the young warrior and spoke up.

"Hey there!  Do you need help with something?"

He said as he waved his right hand trying to get his attention.  Of course, who doesn't recognize his armor that only covered his body and left arm.  The rest was kept clothed in dark brown trousers and a black tunic.  A sword was held to his hip by his belt clip.

Greg was looking around for the bulletin board, when, suddenly...

"Hey there!  Do you need help with something?"

Greg was slightly startled by the sudden voice, but quickly regained his cool when he turned around and saw someone was calling out to him. Greg scratched his head, before replying. "Yeah, actually, i do. I was planning to do the quest <Worn Out Welcome>, but i can't seem to find the bulletin board anywhere. Then again, i haven't been above the second floor before, let alone after the update... could you help me find it?"

"Oh, that's behind the warp hub where the Mayor's home is.  I'll take you there, but if its about the quest, I'll be happy to help you."

The Jade Hunter said as he waved for the blonde one to follow him towards the warp hub.  The mayor's home was situated just behind hub where a large wooden board that had many papers stuck to it.  One of which was his weathered Hunter For Hire notification from some time ago.  He pointed towards the board and found that some more requests were there.  He would have to peruse over those later.

"Well, there it is, but if you need a hunter, I'm here for your assistance!"

Greg followed the other player, nodding as he took in information, memorizing where everything was. Eventually, the came to the bulletin board.

"Well, there it is, but if you need a hunter, I'm here for your assistance!"

Greg sized up the offer, before eventually, he came to a decision. "Sure, why not? I could use some help getting used to the new mechanics, anyway." he promptly quipped. Extending a hand out to the other player, he introduces himself. Only common courtesy to do so. "My name's Greg. Yours?"

The hunter took the blonde warriors hand in his and gave a fair handshake.

"Very well!  You can call me, Hirru."

Hirru grinned before going into his menu and opening the communications tab.  In there, he clicked a few buttons before a message was sent to Greg to join a party.  It would be better to moderate what's going on, if they were in a party.  That much was certain for any venture into the fields.  Especially since the system changed to make all of the enemies on this floor that much stronger.  They even had a fourth of their health mitigated, so now hunters had to work much more than they used to.

"If it's the quest that I'm thinking of, then we have to go to the Forest of Wavering Mists.  I'll lead the way!"

Hirru would say as he started out towards the south exit to the town that headed towards the southern pass that led into the forest.  It would take some time to get there from their current position, but that was fine by him.

"Very well!  You can call me, Hirru." Greg's new ally wasted no time in introducing themselves, then sending him a party invite, to which Greg quickly accepted.

Hirru then begun leading Greg towards a new area, presumably the location the quest takes place in. Greg followed silently. He noted the surroundings, including a pass to the south and a forest beyond that. He wondered what could've changed in the new update, minus losing two levels. He knows that Sword Skills are now a thing (Hence why they pop up in his menu.). Greg, while walking, occupies himself by sifting through the menus to see if anything else has changed about his stats.

As they moved, Hirru noticed that Greg wasn't talking much.  Mostly going through his menu to do whatever he needed.  That was fine by him, but a little conversation helps a bit.  Unfortunately, he wasn't the one to start them.  So they would have to continue through the misty forest silently.  After some time, they should have come towards a small meadow that would house the dark elf.  Turning towards Greg, Hirru motioned towards the area.

"This should be the place.  Check your map, but don't be concerned if your map has nothing but static and icons.  The forest has an effect that disrupts the map of the area.  That's why it is better to have a guide than to journey alone."

Greg does as instructed, and just as Hirru said, the map is nothing but Static and Icons. "Yeah, it's as you said. The map's nothing but static and icons." Greg thinks for a second. "Sorry if my lack of talking bothers you, it's just... i'm not very good at making small talk." He says. 'And that's an understatement, a very large one.' he thinks as he says this.

Having figured that much for certain, he tried to ration if the quest marker was pointing towards this area, or another.  It was known that the area was protected by minotaurs, and he didn't want to face them AND the dark elf at the same time.  That would not be a pretty picture in the end.  Not that they would die, though.  That would all be a different story when that comes around.  For now they needed to make sure that the this was the area.  Of course, the easiest way was to just head into the center of the meadow to activate the confrontation, but that would mean getting attacked.

"Is your quest icon on this area, or another area close by.  I don't want to make assumptions around this place."

Greg checks his map again upon being asked if the quest icon says this area. It does. "It's on this area." he promptly replies. "I suppose i should be ready for anything to attack." he says, before drawing his <Anneal Blade> and preparing for an encounter. He didn't want to die before he even got to use a Sword Skill. He also looked towards Hirru. "What type of gear do you like using?" He asks. He was curious about what gear other players use.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Once Greg had confirmed that they were at the right area, Hirru wasted no time.  He walked across the threshold of the meadow to be welcomed by the sound of rustling leaves.  It became louder as he neared the center.  Beckoning Greg forward, the figure would jump from the trees and land a few meters in front of them.  A fairly dark skinned individual with white hair.  Clearly a male from his poise and stature, and wielding a curved blade of some fashion.  His armor, looked to be like Hirru's, not full metal, but enough to give it some mitigation.

<<Dark Elf>> HP 12 / DMG 9 / MIT 3

Without a moments hesitation, it charged towards the closest member of the group, Hirru.  With a swift and timely attack, the slashed through the jade hunter causing a small blip of his health to shrink, but just as it would drop, it came back up again.

"To answer your question, Greg, I'm a berserker!"

He shouted out as he grabbed the elf with his armored left hand while pulling his crimson bladed sword, Patience, out from its sheath.  As he did so, the hunter made sure to give the elf a good cut in the process.  He could have killed it in one attack, but that wouldn't be very fun for his party.

[ID = 34485]
[MD = 7-1=6] Hit 9-5= 4 DMG
[CD = 10] Regen Activated +6 HP
[BD = 7] Hit 5-3= 2 DMG

[Hirru = 65/65 HP // 15/15 EP] -2+6= No damage taken
[Greg = 20/20 HP // 5/5 EP]

[Dark Elf= 10/12 HP // 3/3 EP] -2 Hp

Edited by Hirru

Greg followed Hirru closely, and, much like Hirru, heard the rustling. When the <<Dark Elf>> showed itself, it attacked Hirru, who basically shrugged the hit off like it was nothing, then answered Greg's earlier question. Nodding, Greg took his chance to attack. His sword glowed as he swung upwards using the Sword Skill <Uppercut> in an attempt to stun the Dark Elf!

ID# 34492

BD 1: Critical failure...

Much to his dismay, though, he completely misses his mark... and trips over a nearby stone. "Well, that could've gone better." Greg quips as he picks himself up.

Hirru: [/////////////] 65/65 HP, 15/15 EP

Greg: [////////] 20/20 HP, 3/5 EP

Dark Elf: [///// ] 12/12 HP, 3/3 EP

Edited by Greg Baxen

"It's okay!  Just focus on hitting it!"

Hirru said as he kept his focus on keeping the Dark Elf from getting near Greg.  It didn't seem to have much to it, but from its attack power, he could tell that any sword art could cripple Greg, if not taken by him.  This was where the Healing Berserker would come in as the dark elf struck out at Hirru, as its hate was raised towards the hunter.  His sword began to glow and, before Hirru could react, the dark elf had flashed through him and hit Greg with an AOE attack.  Not only that, but it felt much more powerful than before.

"Damn!"

Hirru's crimson blade turned even more red as he charged at the dark elf before unleashing a simple sword art that would deliver an uppercut with twice the power of a normal attack, but it would stun the enemy.  Afterwards, he would keep himself between the two.

"<<Switch>> Take it out with a two hit art!"

[ID = 34518]
[MD = 10] 9+2=11 dmg
[Sword Art: Fell Crescent] 11x1x1= 11 AOE dmg
[CD = 5] N/A
[BD = 7+2=9(Non-crit)] 5 dmg
[Sword Art: Uppercut] 1x2x5 = 10-3=7 dmg

[Hirru = 59/65 HP // 10/15 EP] -11+5 mit= -6 hp
[Greg = 9/20 HP // 3/5 EP] -11 hp

[Dark Elf= 3/12 HP // 1/3 EP] -7 hp {Stunned}

Edited by Hirru

Greg sighed in relief as Hirru said it was okay that he missed, and to just focus on hitting it. Greg nodded... and then he was suddenly thrown back as the Dark Elf used an AoE Sword Skill. Greg grunted as his HP dropped into the yellow. 9/20. One more hit like that and...

Greg shuddered at the thought, before recomposing himself.

Upon hearing the command, Greg jumped forwards and attempted to lay into the Dark Elf with the Sword Skill <Snake Bite!> He slashed diagonally twice, attempting to tear the Dark Elf in two!

ID: 34539

BD 5: Failure...

Unfortunately, Greg JUST BARELY missed it. "So close!..." he muttered. Grimacing, he leapt back, not wanting to get hit by another attack, while he got his energy back.

Hirru: [/////////////] 65/65 HP, 10/15 EP

Greg: [////    ] 9/20 HP, 2/5 EP (+1 recovered at the start of the turn)

Dark Elf: [/     ] 3/12 HP, 1/3 EP

Edited by Greg Baxen

As if to make things a little worse for wear, he missed his target yet again.  Hirru was trying to have it so that Greg would finish the elf off, but that didn't look like it was going to happen.  Thankfully, the enemy was stunned and wouldn't be able to move, let alone attack any of them.  The hunter decided to not take any chances.  Either one of them could finish it off, but it only took one attack to finish Greg.  Hirru's blade began to glow.

Unfortunately, the art would fail as he was pushed back by the art going off course.  Sensing danger, Hirru immediately shouts out,

"Hit it now!"

[ID = 34553]
[MD = Stun]
[CD = 5] N/A
[BD = 1] Miss

[Hirru = 59/65 HP // 11/15 EP]
[Greg = 9/20 HP // 2/5 EP]

[Dark Elf= 3/12 HP // 2/3 EP]

Edited by Hirru

He had one shot at this. Just one. "Here goes nothing!" he yells as he charges forwards, attempting <Snake Bite> once again!

ID: 34704.

BD 9: Critical hit! +1 Base Damage!

<Snake Bite> damage: (4x2x1)-3=5.

Greg's first slash went through the Dark Elf quickly, but Greg wasn't done yet. Swiftly pivoting on his feet, Greg whirls around and slashes again! "You're finished!" He yells. Enchanted metal meets flesh... and promptly tears it asunder. Greg and the Elf stood there for a moment, before the Dark Elf is promptly cleaved in two and disperses. Sighing in relief, Greg falls back, his legs unstable from fear of failure and thus death. "That was close...he mutters, placing a hand to his virtual chest. He couldn't feel a heartbeat though, since they're virtual characters.

Hirru: [//////////// ] 59/65 HP, 11/15 EP

Greg: [////    ] 9/20 HP, 1/5 EP (+1 recovered at the start of the turn)

Dark Elf: [DEAD]

Edited by Greg Baxen

Hirru held his breath as the warrior performed the art, hoping that he wasn't going to see the end of a journey.  Thankfully, that wasn't going to be the case.  The art connected and vanquished the enemy.  Sheathing his sword, Hirru walked over to the blonde individual.

"Good job!  That was probably your first humanoid enemy.  It's rather hard to predict the enemies from this floor onward."

He said as he looked on where the dark elf used to be.  Two pouches and a material came into view.  That must be the materials needed for Griswold's quest.  The other pouch and material must be a monster drop from the dark elf.

"Looks like you got lucky.  Got some spending money to go with that new armor."

Greg had done it. He killed the monster. He was gonna get through this, after all... Greg unknowingly let out a sigh of relief, then looked at Hirru. "No kidding, i didn't expect it to use an AoE Sword Art." he quipped. "As for the extra spending money and new armor? The armor was mostly for spending money anyway, i've already got the armor I want, got it made at a tailor's. Perfect quality, too. I think a bigger concern, at least for me, right now, is that i managed to NOT die."

"All humanoid creatures can use Sword Arts.  So be careful when traversing the upper floors."

Hirru warned as he gathered the pouches and handed them to Greg.

"Either way, it will be better for you to have some mitigation as well.  You never know when the enemy is going to land a critical hit on you."

The hunter said as he checked the internal clock that appears near the corner of his vision.  It was getting far into the evening.  By the time they got back, it would be past dark.  It would be better to head out now before any of the nocturnal creatures came out.  They were much more powerful than the ones that they had scene thus far.  The hunter didn't want anything else to happen today.

Opening a pouch on his belt, he produced two potions of minor healing and gave them to Greg.

"Don't use them now, as you're natural regeneration will heal your wounds fast while out of combat.  In the meantime, lets head back."

Hirru said as he started the long trek back with Greg.

-2 Potions of Minor Healing [+15 Hp]

Edited by Hirru