[PP-F3] Elven farming (Grave)

Zandra was in her shop, her elbows on her workingbench and head resting in her hands. She made a deep sigh.''So booored.''she said. All her friends was away doing other stuffs. When she saw that she thougth that she would brew some potions. But when she had putted all her tools on the working space, she saw she was out of ingredients, again. She knew she should head out getting some. She had done it several times earlier, but it had started ot be so boring when beeing out, all alone. She wondered if Jomei would like to join her, but he said he wasnt that much into making stuffs with his music, just play for fun. For a second she thougth about asking Piera, but she was probably not in need of any. She had finished and delivered her boss fight orders, that Zandra totaly forgot. She felt bad for missing that. But for the next boss fight she was gonna be prepared. She had herd that they took down the boss with only status buffs potions and crystals. Then she remembered the cook she was visiting not to far ago. Grave was his name if she didnt remembered wrong. She sended away a PM, hoping that he would answer, and hopefully answer positive.

Hi Grave. I was planning on going on a material hunt and wonder if you wanna tag along? Best regards Zandra.

I woke with a start at the back of the Diner when a familiar ringing filled my ears.  It was the second time that had happened to me; the first was when Jevi called me out to do some Questing with her.  Yawning and running a hand through my somewhat ruffled, silver hair I swiped open my menu, lazily scratching my bare chest as I checked my message.  It was from Zandra; the customer who had come in to order five crafting boost dishes, something I lacked stock of.  Instead, the two of us had planned to do some material hunting, and that was exactly what the message was about. I opened a reply and began to type;

Hey, Zandra,

You mean the Elf hunting we had planned?  Sure, let me just quickly haul ass out of bed, and I will be there soon.

- Grave

Satisfied, I shot the message off and laid back, resting my dreary head.  I felt a furry mass curl up upon my chest and my eyes drifted to the orange and white creature. "Hikari... come on girl, I am only resting a tad." I muttered to her, my hands reaching to her and lifting her off like a cat.  I sat up and placed the weasel around my neck and she hung there sleepily like an idle scarf.  I swung my legs off of the small mattress that I called my bed and stood up, stretching.  I was quick to equip my gear, Hikari still dangling from my neck, and made my way to the meeting place Zandra had mentioned.

As I approached the area, I noticed the familiar ice-knight figure right where she told me she would be.  My steps as silent as my coat's namesake, I strode towards her, bound fists dangling at my sides, swinging rhythmically. "Greetings, Zandra." I greeted her, a wide grin across my face.

Edited by Grave

When Zandra got the positive answer she quickly putted away all her tools and left her shop. She was heading to the warp gate at floor four. It only took a couple of minutes. When she was at the gate she entered it.''Delilah Village!'' she said. A few moments later she was in Delilah village.''So, back again.'' she exited the warp gate and headed towards a bench. She sat down to wait for Grave. A minute or two later the teleportating gate lit up and a silver-haired man exited it. She recognized it as the cook she had visited not that long ago. She raised and walked towards him, changing her townclothing into her metal heavy armour.''Greetings you too Grave.''she opened her screen and sent a party request.''How do you do?''she said while scrolling thru her inventory until she found what she was looking for. She took out two crystals and held it in her hand.''Catch.''she said while throwing one of them to Grave.''Use it on your weapon and it will increase its damage.''she took the other crystal and touched her dagger with it. The dagger shined and the crystal disapeared while transfering its effect on the weapon.

Damage: 5+2=7

-2 Damage increasing crystals +2

• 2 weeks later...

Grinning, I accepted the party request Zandra had sent me. I watched her health bar and level pop up in the screen beneath mine, at the top left of my vision. "Level seventeen, hey?" I questioned, scratching my chin. Certainly a much higher level than myself... I had quite some work to do to get up there. My eyes widened in shock as a cubic mass flew towards my face, and a bound hand quickly shot up to [censored] the crystal out of the air. "Ah, a damage crystal, I see." I acknowledged, before hovering the crystal over my hand wraps. The prism shattered and the bindings glistened for a moment, signifying the damage increase. "Rightio, then, that is done.  Shall we go slay us some elves?" I asked with a shrug, popping Hikari into the air momentarily, before she rested calmly upon my shoulders once again... drowsy woman.

---

Damage Crystal +2 Used: DMG 7 + 2 = 9

Zandra saw Grave take the crystal and enchanting his weapon. He was one of those martial art users it seemes. She havent met anyone of those yet. She picked up a small fish and started eating it. It was small so only took a few chews before it was gone and Zandra felt her sight sharpen. She also equiped herself with a halfmask masquarade mask, a heavy armour as well as a dagger. Her eagle familiar landed beside her as well.''Mmm... that was good. Well, This fish adn this mask together with Zita here, makes me able to spot things that other would have missed, thou its not enough to get those special items. But since it gives me a boost on finding stuffs, would it be able that you just wound the elfs, and let me do the killing blow? Of course we gonna split everything even in the end.'' She looked at the man, hoping he would accept her offer.

Equips and stats:

HP: 68

Energy: 17

Dmg: 7 (1 base+2 dagger+2 skill+2 crystal)

Acc: 1 (1 dagger)

Mit: -14 (9 Armour+5 Skill)

LD: +4 (2 mask, +1 Familiar, +1 Li'l lucky)

I watched as Zandra began to gear herself up further, scoffing down a tiny fish and donning a masquerade mask that, in all honesty, made her seem rather elegant despite the hulking armour embracing her torso.  Hikari leaned forwards on my shoulder and gave a friendly squeak to the avian familiar that had landed beside its owner. "Haha, seems Hikari likes Zita." I commented, keeping a trained eye upon the weasel. "And sure, I shall do my best to not beat all the life out of the elves... only within an inch of them." I sniggered sadistically, before abruptly halting, remembering something. I navigated into my inventory and pulled out one of my latest dishes; the Banana Jelly Cup. "Here, take this." I called as I chucked the item to Zandra.

Name: Banana Jelly Cup
Quality: Rare
Type: Dessert
Enhancements: Vitamins (+2 LD) (2 Slots)
Description: A small glass cup filled with a golden jelly, containing the full flavour of a banana; a feat not easily completed in the real world.

I proceeded to make sure all my gear was in shape, too.

HP: 57 (+5 Athletics)
Energy: 13
DMG: 9 (1 Base, +2 Martial Arts, +3 Wraps of Grace, +2 Damage Crystal)
ACC: 2 (+2 Corrupted Crystal)
MIT: -3 (+3 Coat of the Wild Spirit)
EVA: 2 (+1 Corrupted Crystal, +1 Coat of the Wild Spirit)
Thorns: 1 (+1 Coat of the Wild Spirit)

Zandra REcieved even more consumables, this time food from Grave, this was gonna increase her chance of finding stuffs even more.''Oh my, Thats perfect, this gonna be a nice exploration. But soon Im gonna be fat if I continue in this way.'' She winked at him when she started to eat the golden jelly, tasting like banana.''There we go, now Im ready to head out, taking down some elfs me as well.'' She did some calculations about healths and damages and such.''So, if we are up against four elfs, we need to take down their health to somewhere between one and five, then I can use my AoE skill to take out all of them with one last hit. Something that is a little troblesome is your damage, you can wipe them with one attack if they meet requirments to drop loot. Well well, lets see how it turns out. Otherwise we just gonna take them out one and one.''

+Banana Jelly Cup +2 LD (Total +6)

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • 2 weeks later...

I grinned as Zandra jestingly complained that she would soon get fat. "My my, seems like you really have not eaten all that much here," I began, playing along, "becoming fat is something that thankfully is non-existent in the game." Of course I knew that she knew of the removal of said system, but it was amusing to tease each other. I nodded as Zandra explained the health requirements for the elves if we wanted to efficiently gather from them. "Right, I got it. It will be complicated to refrain from just ripping them apart... but I guess I will manage." I repeated, sniggering to myself. "Most of my attacks boast in high damage and stuns, so you will not really need to worry about the bastards attacking at once; I shall deal with that hurdle." I reassured the girl, going over all my Sword Arts in my head, over and over... I was still getting used to that damn system.

• 1 month later...

Zandra was just gonna answer when she spotted a group of four elf just hundred meters away.''Oh, look there Grave, our first prey for the day.'' she said and gave him a friendly and exiting smile before starting to run towards the group. While she ran she charged up her strongest sword art at the moment, the <Fad edge>. She felt it was ready to release so she stopped right infront of it and stabbed it four times, making dots all over its body.''There, go get 'em Grav...'' she had just finished her sentence when she saw all elves tried to hit her, but they must have been taken by surprise since all of them missed.

Spoiler

ID: 43641
BD: 7 Hit 7x4=28-8=20
MD: 2 Miss

Zandra: 68/68 (13/17) Hate: 1
Grave: 57/57 (13/13) Hate: 0

Elf 1: 14/34
Elf 2: 34/34

Edited by Zandra Zvift

(Right... combat... gonna be rather rusty XD)

I watched as Zandra took care of one of the Elves with ease and grace, and burst into laughter when all of them missed like champs. "Alright, my turn!" I shouted, smashing my fists together. I rushed towards the group of Elves and went to take a swing... but one of the bastards decided to stick his leg out! I collided with the outstretched limb and was sent ass-over-heels across the grass, faceplanting into the earth. Thankfully, it did not seem to do any damage, but it pissed me off nonetheless. Recovering, I glared at the creatures murderously. "Alright, next time you eat my fist..." I threatened. "Zandra, they are all yours."

Spoiler

ID: 43726
BD: 3 + 2 = 5 = Failure (2 NRG)
MD: 1 -3 = -2 = Critical Failure

Grave: 57/57 HP - 11 NRG
Zandra: 68/68 HP - 13 NRG

Elf 1: 14/34 HP
Elf 2: 34/34 HP
Elf 3: 34/34 HP
Elf 4: 34/34 HP

Edited by Grave

Zandra couldnt stop a giggle to exit her mouth when she saw one of the elfs streatched out his leg and Grave planted his face in the earth.''S-sorry, yeah I will take them.'' She decided to strike the one next to her first target, to reduce everyone to low health before finishing them all of with one AOE. She once again activated her <Fad Edge> sword art and rushed towards it. She stopped right infront of it, stood there face to face.''Buh!'' she said and the sword art activated. She made four dots on his chest as well. But this time the elves didnt missed. Hit after hit stroke her but thanks to her armour, she didnt even lost a tenth of her health.''Haha, is that the best you can do? Now Grave, give it another try.''

Spoiler

ID: 43825
BD: 7 Hit 7x4=28-8=20
MD: 8 Hit 9-14=1x4=4 Damage

Zandra: 64/68 (10/17) Hate: 2
Grave: 57/57 (13/13) Hate: 0

Elf 2: 14/34

Edited by Zandra Zvift

I grinned widely and a light redness rose in my cheeks when I heard Zandra giggle; it was way too cute to fit someone so calm and serious... then again she did seem to be somewhat flirtatious, so I guess things figured. I kept my eyes set on Zandra as she tackled the Elves once more, taking some damage in the process. My natural instincts to protect her were barely nullified by my knowledge that she had some pretty beastly armour on. With a sigh, I strolled towards the monsters casually. After fighting those Gnolls in the jungle, I knew I would have to keep an eye on my energy. Unlike Zandra, I had no chance at hitting all of the Elves at once, so I had to go ahead and deal as much damage to them individually as possible. I had the perfect Sword Art in mind; <<Crescent Moon>>.

To begin the Sword Art, I simply stepped forward with my right foot to the third Elf and turned by body backwards, beginning a back kick. Both of my feet glowed a brilliant, blazing vermillion, and my left foot shot backwards, colliding with the Elf's abdomen, causing him to keel over. I followed up with a backwards flip, bringing the top of my right foot crashing down on the back of his head, slamming him to the grass. I executed one more, twisting my body in the air and crushing his spine with my heel in a crimson explosion. I quickly backed off, watching the little stars circle his head comically. "Well... that's one down for the count for the moment..." I muttered to Zandra, extending a hand to them as an offering to Zandra.

Spoiler

ID: 43883
BD: 7 + 2 = 9 = Modified Success (7 x 3 (Crescent Moon) = 21 - 8 = 13 DMG + Stun)
+1 NRG

Grave: 57/57 HP - 6 NRG [HATE: 1]
Zandra: 64/68 HP - 10 NRG [HATE: 1]

Elf 2: 14/34 HP
Elf 3: 21/34 HP + Stun
Elf 4: 34/34 HP

Edited by Grave

This time Graves strike hit. The elf not only got reduced health, it also got stunned. Zandra raised an eyebrow.''Hey Grave, dont waste your energy on stunning them. Its better if we just take them down as quick as possible dont you think?'' she said to him. Their goal was to take them down to get loot and then go to next group. Maybe he havent been in that fight when your energy drains out and you have to just stand idle, resting while the mobs jumping at you again and again. Nevermind, time to focus herself. She decided to go for the stunned one, if she the strike hit, she would reduce it to almost zero health so she would be able to take it out with her weak AOE together with the rest. She charged up her fad edge and attacked. Since it was stunned it was an easy target. She made four dots on its chest and jumped back, none of the non-stunned elfes strikes hitted her.''Your turn Grave.''

Spoiler

ID: 43986
BD: 6 Hit 7x4=28-8=20
MD: 1 Miss

Zandra: 64/68 (7/17) Hate: 3
Grave: 57/57 (6/13) Hate: 1

Elf 2: 1/34 Stun

Edited by Zandra Zvift

"Problem," I called to her as she bolted off, "That was my second most damaging attack." I responded. "I only have two points in <<Martial Arts>>. I plan to change that." I added, cracking my knuckles in the background. "Hard not to drain my energy since two of my available Sword Arts have Stuns." I explained, proceeding to crack my neck, until it was my turn. I aimed for the last Elf, the one who had not m taken a hit yet. I approached him, circling around the pack to do so. I sat back in a low stance, and shadows seemed to consume my feet. I lashed out, my right foot striking the Elf in the ribs, followed by my left foot into his knee. My right sprung back up in a side kick and caught him in the gut, causing him to keel over. I swung my arm in a wide arc, my flat hand consumed also, and struck the back of his neck, slamming him to the grass. "Right... now I am running pretty damn low on energy." I said, glanibg up to my left while back-pedalling.

Spoiler

ID: 44001

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 = Modified Success (Delayed Sword: 28 - 8 = 20 DMG)

+1 NRG

Grave: 57/57 HP - 3 NRG [HATE: 2]

Zandra: 64/68 HP - 7 NRG [HATE: 3]

Elf 2: 14/34 HP

Elf 3: 1/34 HP

Elf 4: 14/34 HP

Edited by Grave

Zandra watched as Grave delivered another damaging hit on the elf that had most health. Now they all started to get pretty low on health. That was good, but there was bad news as well. Bith she and Grave started to run low on energy. If there wasnt for the mitigation on that freking elfs, Zandra would now have been able to take them out with her AOE. But she guessed she had to just reduce the health of them a bit first. Thou if she used her third weakest attack, they would die. If she used her weakest attack, they would only take one damage, that would be enough to take one of them out, but it had to be alive until all was at six health. After a second thougth, they would survive her third weakest, or srcond strongest attack.''We are in a pretty hard situation, I think its better we just take them out now. That attack you made that stunned did cost way to much energy.'' but when she spoke a sword came flying towards her. She dodged in the last second, luckily avoided the other three strikes as well.''Damn it, go Grave.''

Spoiler

ID: 44079
BD: 2+1=3 Miss
MD: 5 Miss

Zandra: 64/68 (6/17) Hate: 3
Grave: 57/57 (3/13) Hate: 2

Elf 2: 1/34

Edited by Zandra Zvift

"Zandra!" I shouted as I watched an Elf's blade shear the air beside her. My target was obviously that bastard. I bolted towards him, and as I approached his vicinity I slid along the grass, quickly taking on my <<Delayed Sword>> stance. I anchored my left foot and sent my right crashing into the Elf's ribs. I followed up with a low kick with my left foot, knocking his knee out of place, before I struck out with a side kick, slamming into his gut and forcing him to keel over. Finally I swung my arm over in a large arc and struck his neck, slicing through and decapitating him. As his head dropped, his body shimmered and shattered into pieces of data. "Oh... I broke it..." I complained, before glancing at my energy. "Crap, Zandra, I am all out of energy. If you can drop them to about ten health that would be beautiful." I requested.

ID: 44123 BD: 10 (8 + 2)

(Sword Art Used: Delayed Sword ~ 9 x 4 - 8 = 28 DMG)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 0/13 | D: 9 (7 + 2: Forgot about the damage potion!) | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3

Zandra: 64/68 | NRG: 6/17 | D: 7 (5 + 2) | M: 14 | A: 1

Enemies:
Elf 1: 0/34 | D: 9

LD: 11 = 1 Elven Treat + 170 Col

Elf 2: 14/34 | D: 9

Elf 3: 1/34 | D: 9

Elf 4: 14/34 | D: 9

Edited by Grave

When Zandra looked up to revenge on the elf that just almost stroke her, she didnt saw anything. Well, she saw hundreds of white and blue pixels slowly fading out into nothingness.''Good one and thanks there Grave. Only three left.'' she said and smiled. This was actually pretty fun. That it was a challenge and not just one-hit kills all the time. Then Zandra herd that Grave wanted her to reduce them to about ten health.''Well, I think I should be able to do that.'' she said and charged up her side bite. She rushed towards one of the ones that had almost full health. Two quick slashes and its health was down to less then ten.''There ya' go.'' Then three strikes came flying towards her, but a few steps back saved her from all hits.

Spoiler

ID: 44127
BD: 8 Hit 7x2=14-8=6 Damage
MD: 4 Miss

Zandra: 64/68 (5/17) Hate: 4
Grave: 57/57 (4/13) Hate: 3

Elf 1: 0/34 DEAD
Elf 2: 8/34
Elf 2: 1/34

OOC: Just so you know, you cant turn a hit to a critical hit. Critical hits is only from natural rolls.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

(I know that, it's 9 because I forgot to add on the +2 from the crystal when we started XD)

"Thanks!" I called back when Zandra praised me for the kill. I was honestly loving this... not so much my lack of energy, but just fighting alongside Zandra to take down a group of monsters. The smile glued to her lips told me all I needed to know; she was having fun, and I realised then and there how much I loved seeing her smile. It seemed to bring her away from her calm and cool exterior.... and changed her from a woman to a girl.

I shook my head and turned my attention back to Zandra. "Right, while I am recovering, please take the other down to about the same." I asked. If I wanted to do what I planned, I needed at least two energy for each of the higher health Elves.

Recovering: No Roll

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 1/13 | D: 9 (7 + 2) | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3

Zandra: 64/68 | NRG: 6/17 | D: 7 (5 + 2) | M: 14 | A: 1

Enemies:
Elf 1: 0/34 | D: 9

Elf 2: 8/34 | D: 9

Elf 3: 1/34 | D: 9

Elf 4: 14/34 | D: 9

Edited by Grave

''So, he want me to take them down to about the same ey?'' She smirked, she wouldnt do that. Well, she planned to do just that. So she charged up her AOE sword art, Round Accel.''I will bring down that last one to your desired health.'' she said and then felt the system take control of her body. Her dagger twirled, made a tempest of air that stroke all of the three remaining elfes. Two of them pixelated. Thou the one with most health was still alive, but only barely.

Spoiler

ID: 44135
BD: 10 Crit +2 9x2=18-8=10 Damage +AOE
MD: 4 Miss
LD 1: 15+4=19 170 Col +1 Mat

ID: 44136
LD 2: 8+4=12 170 Col

Zandra: 64/68 (2/17) Hate: 6
Grave: 57/57 (4/13) Hate: 3

Elf 1: 0/34 DEAD
Elf 2: 0/34 DEAD
Elf 2: 0/34 DEAD
Elf 2: 4/34

Total:
340 Col and 3 materials

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Zandra was quick to take out two of the remaining Elves; I was a little envious that I could not use AOE attacks, at least not yet, but in the end I did not really mind, since I had my Stuns. The last one was left for me, and I had just enough energy to kill it... if I did not screw up.

I stalked up to the Elf, bound fists hanging limply at my sides. The poor bastard seemed to be in terrible condition. "Allow me to end your suffering." I muttered, raising both fists behind me. My left glowed a shimmering sapphire, while my right blazed carmine. Both shot forwards and crashed into the Elf in an impressive display of the <<Aggressive Twins>>, shattering him into more pieces than I could count... and that was before he dissipated into shards of data.

ID: 44142 BD: 10 (8 + 2)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 0/13 | D: 9 (7 + 2) | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3

Zandra: 64/68 | NRG: 2/17 | D: 7 (5 + 2) | M: 14 | A: 1

Enemies:
Elf 1: 0/34 | D: 9

Elf 2: 0/34 | D: 9

Elf 3: 0/34 | D: 9

Elf 4: 0/34 | D: 9

LD: 7 = 1 Elven Treat

Edited by Grave