SP - F12 The Ultramarine Blade (One Handed Straight Sword Grandmastering) (Completed)

ID: 34643
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4) = -2
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 7 Remaining)

As the opportunity passed Calrex by the Stun effect disappeared from the dragon's health bar as the creature gave another roar as it turned around to face him. The monster took no time in trying to bite the Ultramarine Knight once again as he leapt to the side, rolling across the ground before kicking back onto his feet, "Just another bit of energy and I'll be good to go. Nonetheless, I need to make my attacks count, or else I'll end up wasting the attack. Wait for the opportunity like the last one."

Straightening himself back up he flicked the Grand Blade back into his fighting stance as he gave a calming breath, readying himself.

HP List
Calrex: 164/165 (Disguise Cooldown: 5/12 Turns)

Enemies:
Lesser Lake Dragon: 58/200

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34645
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +4) = -1
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 8 Remaining)

Dodging yet another blow from the dragon Calrex gave a quick exhale as he landed a few paces away from the creature's striking point, keeping the Grand Blade at the ready should he need to activate any of his defensive skills. "This is taking forever. I need to get that opening soon."

Hearing the creature give another roar out of frustration the blue-haired player gave a smirk, "Yeah, I know how you feel. This is starting to get dragged out. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it until I get some more energy."

Shaking some mud off of his person Calrex looked down to see that his jacket and shirt started to show some of the dark grayish brown color from the mud he had been dodging around and rolling in. Using the back o his hand to get some off of his face he gave a small sigh, "Good thing clothes instantly clean once you switch out of them."

HP List
Calrex: 164/165 (Disguise Cooldown: 4/12 Turns)

Enemies:

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34647
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7 (Disregarded Due to Meditation)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2
Craft Dice: 12 (Success / All Negative Status Effects Removed + 8 HP Recovered)
<<Meditation>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 9 Remaining)

As the dragon spun around to swing its tail across the shore once again Calrex managed to muster enough strength to use his <<Acrobatics>> skill to avoid the strike as he landed back on the ground. Giving a calming breath he decided now would be a good time to focus as he went into a deep breathing pattern. His aura outline appeared and grew to a bright flash as his <<Meditation>> skill activated, healing him up for the small bit of damage he took from the dragon.

"Better than wasting my energy on anything. I need to store up as much as I can to finish this thing off.

HP List
Calrex: 165/165 (Disguise Cooldown: 3/12 Turns)

Enemies:

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34648
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +4) = 1
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 10 Remaining)

As yet another few seconds went by Calrex looked to see that his energy had gone a few points above what was needed for his most powerful attack, <<Howling Octave>>. Giving a small sigh he kept the Grand Blade at the ready as he leapt aside, the dragon's head coming a few feet away from knocking him into the water. "That would be bad. If that happens I'm in its territory without an ability to swim. I would be essentially at its mercy at that point..."

Giving a small calming breath he looked up before getting back to his feet, keeping his eyes on his opponent, waiting for their next move.

HP List
Calrex: 165/165 (Disguise Cooldown: 2/12 Turns)

Enemies:

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34650
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4) = -2
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 11 Remaining)

Following its AI pattern the dragon continued its attack on Calrex as it snapped its jaws forward to try and take a chunk of the blue-haired player into its maw. Luckily Calrex slid forward as he quickly dodged the blow, giving a small sigh as he got back to his feet, seeing as the creature brought its head back, coiling up its muscles for another attack.

Looking at his health bar Calrex made note that his energy was a little over halfway to two usages of his Sword Art as he continued to plan his next move, "Should I use the Green Tea I got from Takao's shop? Maybe once I recover a bit more I'll have enough for a couple of powerful strikes."

HP List
Calrex: 165/165 (Disguise Cooldown: 1/12 Turns)

Enemies:

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34651
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 4 Remaining)

Dodging yet another blow from the dragon Calrex looked to see that the creature was taking its time pulling itself back out of the mud, "I don't think I'm going to get another opportunity soon. Better take this now!"

Quickly rushing forward he activated <<Howling Octave>> as the Grand Blade became coated in the familiar flaming orange aura. The blazing aura seemed to cut through the heavy fog that was ever present in the area as he rushed forward. Just like before, five stabs shot out and pierced into the creature's head before the three slashes in quick succession. Leaping back Calrex gave a small breath as he saw his energy drop below usable levels once again, "Guess I've got to wait a bit longer before I can finish this creature off."

HP List
Calrex: 165/165 (Disguise Recharged)

Enemies:
Lesser Lake Dragon: 28/200 (10 DMG * 8 Art - 50 MIT = 30 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34657
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Item Usage)
Green Tea Consumed (4 Energy Regained / 1 Recovered / 9 Remaining)

Quickly taking the opportunity the dragon gave as it reeled in pain from his attack Calrex retrieved the Green Tea he had been holding onto since the raid before popping the top and quickly consuming it. Tossing the bottle aside he gave a small exhale as he saw his energy bar return back to useable levels for one more attack, "I've got to make this count..."

Facing his opponent Calrex gave one last calming exhale before he focused, awaiting for the opportunity to strike.

HP List
Calrex: 165/165

Enemies:
Lesser Lake Dragon: 28/200

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34659
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6 (<<Riposte>> Triggered)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +4) = 5 (+1 Damage)
<<Parry>> Activated, Half Damage Until Next Turn (1 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 9 Remaining)

Unfortunately that time did not come soon as the dragon quickly turned and whipped its tail at Calrex once again, catching him at a point where he was unable to dodge. However, just like clockwork he immediately activated his <<Parry>> skill. The tail sweeped across the shore, knocking up mud and water in its wake as it slammed into the Grand Blade. Pushing with all of his strength the Ultramarine Knight shoved the tail to the side before delivering a fierce strike to the tail once again, his sword flowing with electrical energy as he slammed it against the appendage once again. The strike inflicted the Stun effect once again as the dragon fell still.

Stumbling back a few paces Calrex gathered his breath as he regained his focus, his eyes scanning for the opening he needed to end the fight.

HP List
Calrex: 164/165 (45 DMG+1 Crit / 2 Parry - 25 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)

Enemies:
Lesser Lake Dragon: 28/200 (Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34661
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +4) = -1
Sword Art <<Vertical>> Activated (1 Energy Used  / 1 Recovered / 9 Remaining)

Rushing forward Calrex brought his sword behind his back, bringing his free hand back to hover just over the grip. As he reached the correct positioning the <<Vertical>> Sword Art activated as the Grand Blade lit up with a light blue hue. Approached the dragon he brought his sword down in a single strike. The blow only did the bare minimum he could do on the creature, but at this point the blue-haired played had decided to change his strategy, "If I can wear down it's health to just the right amount I might be able to finish it off just a little bit faster.

Leaping back he gave a calming breath as he saw the small sliver of health vanish, "Just a few more hits..."

HP List
Calrex: 164/165

Enemies:
Lesser Lake Dragon: 27/200 (9 DMG * 1 Art - 50 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG) (Stun End)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34662
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 10 Remaining)

As the Stun effect wore off of the dragon it unleashed yet another roar that was shaking enough to cause Calrex to halt his advance, cautiously bringing the Grand Blade up into a defensive position as he kept his calm and focus, "I've got to keep myself focused. If the opportunity presents itself I need to be ready to strike and take full advantage of the opening. Other than that I need to be careful and conserve my energy until then. The battle is already going on for longer than I had planned, but that doesn't mean I'm allowed to get frustrated just yet."

Giving a calming breath he brought his sword at the ready as his eyes narrowed. He was ready to end the fight, but there was no opening yet to do so. Possibly this was what his sword skill needed to become more refined and stronger: A better sense of patience and timing.

HP List
Calrex: 164/165

Enemies:
Lesser Lake Dragon: 27/200

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34663
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +4) = 6 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 3 Remaining)

As Calrex steeled his senses and waited for the right opportunity to present itself the opening came, right when the dragon opened its mouth in preparation to fire another stream of water at him. His eyebrows furrowed as he recognized what he needed to do. "I'll need to take the hit in order to get to the opening."

Bracing for the impact the dragon let out a roar at the same time the jet of swamp water slammed into him. For a good half a minute his figure vanished under the raging torrent of water which slammed into the shoreline. It almost seemed like time was frozen as the Ultramarine Knight continued to be pummeled.

However, right as the blast of water ended a bright orange light could be seen as Calrex cut to the side, the Grand Blade alight the flaming orange light of the <<Howling Octave>> Sword Art. Quickly moving forward he activated his <<Sprint>> skill to close the distance to the creature's head as he immediately executed his attack, the barrage of blows slamming into the dragon's head. As the final blow descended Calrex cut as far down the creature as he could, kicking off as he landed on the shoreline.

The dragon let out part of a death roar as it halted in the space for a second, promptly dissipating into crystals shortly after. The battle over Calrex relaxed his position as he dropped down onto one knee, using the Grand Blade to keep himself upright. His breathing became labored as he felt the weariness of the battle finally hit him. Looking over at his energy he saw it was once again almost out, "Heh, now I know how Teayre feels when she uses her katana techniques."

Slowly pushing himself back to his feet he looked back towards the way he came, beginning to head back towards the settlement.

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 500 col (Mob Health 100 * 5 col = 500 col)

HP List
Calrex: 144/165 (45 DMG - 25 MIT = 20

Enemies:
Lesser Lake Dragon: -3/200 (10 DMG * 8 Art - 50 MIT = 30 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(Two Posts Until Full Recharge, 1 Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Upon arriving back in the settlement Calrex reproduced the sheath for the Grand Blade as he placed it back into the scabbard, reattaching the two back to the back of his hip, making sure the handle extended towards his right hand as he gave a small sigh, looking up as he saw Roc lowering his altitude so that he was in closer distance to the Ultramarine Knight.

Giving a nod to his familiar he immediately began to make his way towards the teleportation plaza. Looking down at the his sword he gave a small smile while he trudged his way to the teleportation circle, "Alright, one part down..."

Topic Complete

• Topic Completed (1 SP)
  • One-Handed Straight Sword Grandmastered
  • 1 Page Completed (400 col)
  • Monster Loot:
    • Battle 2: 2 Materials + 500 col