[SP-F2] Hunting the...Jade? <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Hunting the...Jade?

Having had enough of the third floor, our hunter finds himself in the clutches of a martial arts master.  The only thing that is keeping our hunter from escape is a wicked face paint, and a large boulder.  What will our hunter do to get out of this mess?

On this episode of [Forgotten Dreams], the Jade Hunter must break the very thing that makes his name..

..or leave with a gaudy face tattoo that will never come off.

Find out now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I'm being told, there is a hermit on the second floor that will grant me the ability to fight more efficiently than I used to.  I decided to seek him out, as the hunts were getting a little too long.  Hopefully, this would work out for me.  I don't want this to be a wasted venture that would only burden me further.  I think that as I walk through the mountain pass leading into the deepest parts of the mountainous terrain.  I needed to become stronger, so that I could protect the people that I care about.  All of my friends and family.

Edited by Hirru

Having found my way through the mountains, I reached a temple of sorts.  As I approached the building in the mountains, I could get the feeling that I was being watched.  Though, that should be evident from anywhere that I went.  A hunter was always on the watch, and was always watched.  Its a never ending sequence of events that I just got used to.  As I entered the threshold of the temple, the feeling ceased.  It was replaced by the presence of a large man that looked to be painted up, like a kabuki.

"What brings you to my dojo?"

This is a dojo?

"I seek to become stronger.  I.."

"Speak no more!  Words are the weapons of the corrupt."

As I looked on, I could see the quest icon that indicated that this man was the quest giver for the martial artist skill.  I needed to learn from this man to continue my own improvement.

The master took me around the back of the temple where a large garden had been prepared.  There, by the far edge of the garden, stood a rather large boulder that seemed to be sitting deep in the earth.  From what I could tell, he was leading me along a path towards the boulder, being mindful of the plants around as we went.  Once we reached the boulder, the master turned towards me.

"The only weapon you need is what you were birthed with.  Your own body!"

He pat the boulder with a flat palm.  Before my eyes, I could see a slight crack appear from where he touched the boulder.  That didn't seem right to me, as I could have sworn that all external objects were immortal objects, unless special tools were used.  This man just cracked an immortal object!  (50 DMG)

"Now, I want you to destroy this boulder."

"What?!"

"Also, for good measure.."

The man took a small ink brush and an ink pot from a pouch, and drew something on my face, before I could react.

"..That won't come off until you break that boulder for me."

"What do you mean by that?!"

"Break it!"

I shook my head while gripping my sword.  Before I could pull it out of the sheath, the master yelled at me.

"Don't use your metal; use your mettle!"

"You're a wise person, if anything.."

Taking my hand away from the hilt of my sword, I take a second to unequip my armor and sword.  They wouldn't be needed for this, but I kept the Spirit of the Jade Dragon on for a slight boost, if needed.  I squared myself off before taking a swing at the boulder.  I hit the crack that the master made, and it seemed like the crack widened a little.

[ID = 35029][BD = 9] Crit 2+1=3 dmg

[Boulder = 47/50 HP] -3 hp

Edited by Hirru
  • 1 month later...

A little bit of confidence crawled up through my being as I found that my punch had made the crack a little bigger, but not by any degree broken.  I would need to hit this thing multiple times to get it to break, and I don't think that the master martial artist was going to help me with that either.  I figured that I would need to use quite a bit of my strength to get this down to anything noticeable, as that crack would only need to get bigger.  Though, to get anywhere with it, I needed to hit it.

I pulled back my fist and tried to punch it again.  With a little bit of determination, I was able to hit it again, but I swear that I need to waste a skill to do it.

"Keep going!"

[ID = 40339][BD = 3+2 ACC+ 1 Conc=6]

[Boulder = 45/50 HP] -2 hp

[Concentration Cooldown = 5 turns]

Edited by Hirru