[PP-F12] Conqueror of the Seas (Zelrius, Flints)

Tristan did not like this floor. It was humid in the air, a temperature that just didn't feel quite right and it was unpleasant as a whole, his still yet to be accustomed armour sticking to his body. It was a strange armour as it was, blood splattered permanently over the templar tunic and chainmail linked armor over everything except the head and neck. It made him look far more threatening than his actual disposition was, but Tristan shrugged it off. He could not shrug off the horrible conditions this floor was though.

Tristan sent a message to Zelrius, who was going to be his main damage dealer, plus Mayuri who was a powerful support. More than anything though, they weren't fighting this boss for the rewards but to test their new unique equipment out and its capability in a fight, since this would be their first time in full use. Tristan was also curious for Zelrius to see the new weapon he had the Absolved Blade, which might look even prettier than his old Twinfire Sword that had gone to Rebekah. They were hopefully on their way to where he was, since Tristan was not enjoying waiting in this quagmire of a floor.

• 4 weeks later...

Zelrius didn't waste a minute and just ran by Tristan and straight to the monster. Quickly it spawned and uprose from the sea. The boy drew his two blades, activating charge, uping his damage. In each hand, Zelrius was wielding two unique blades. One, The blade of Micahel, a pristine all white sword with a golden Cross down the center, the other a Black spiked weapon with a red stripe running along it's curve, The blade of Lucifer. Quickly leaping forward, Zelrius activated his Sword Art The Eclipse. His attacks were far too fast to see, and as such the boss fizzled and died quickly. Without another word, Zelrius turned and left. GG Lord of the Seas, Git gud m80 His thought whispered to him in his mind

ID 37642 BD 10 Crit.

7+8 Holy = 15+5 Charge = 20*27 = 540 Damage

Zelrius 172/172

Lord of the Seas He's Dead Jim

Edited by Zelrius

Tristan kind of stood agape for a while as he watched the golden haired boy dash in. At first, he didn't in fact draw the Absolved blade, but two weapons which were very religious in theme with their theme. That wasn't the special part though. It was that he was carrying two. That and when he used them, he went and did a sword art so fast, it was like a storm of slashes assaulted the Lord of the Seas that spawned, barely even noticeable due to the sheer speed that Zelrius swung his sword. He didn't think he would see something so...impressive out of Zelrius and could only clap and say "Well that was a better show than I thought it would be.". He chuckled and put a hand on his hip as he looked at Zelrius.

Flints looked up at the two a little dumb founded, her gaze shifted form Tristan to Zelerius who treated it all so nonchalantly, in a way, thy both did. "Whoa..." She couldn't think of anything to say so ended up with her mouth agape, gasping like a fish as she tried to search for the words to sum up what she just witnessed. She looked back to Tristan for some sort of enlightenment, this was the first time she met Zelrius, and boy did he make an impression. She cocked her head curiously at his weapon of choice, she had never seen anyone wield two swords. She clenched her fists tightly and gulped. "That was extremely impressive.." She said under her breath, her heart began to race and suddenly she shouted loudly and jumped up. "Mission complete!!!!!" Trying to further lighten the mood. It still hadn't fully set in that Zelerius had single handedly defeated the Wyvren. 

Tristan nodded to what Flints said about his damage dealing, Zel really was the king of DPS in this game, much like Tristan was the valued tank. "Yeah, it is impressive indeed. And no one will match him while he holds those weapons too, much like how my damage absorption is top end, though I still need to invest points in Battle Healing and Block so i actually still have space to improve my tanking.". He looked at where there WAS a giant sea wyvern and now was an empty space in the marshy waters, still agape at the damage Zel did. Then again, that guy has been on the frontlines longer than Tristan has, so he couldn't really complain. Zelrius was one of the most experienced players of this game.

Flints shifted around in the swampy mess that was left of the floor and listened to Tristan talk about Zelrius. The way he spoke of him proved just how amazing of a player Zelrius was, having the highest DPS in the game was nothing to sneeze at. She couldn't help but feel a little jealous, not of his signature sword art but of his power. She could only wish to be so strong. So skilled. Flints wondered if she would become at least half as strong as Zelrius. "You're a wonderful tank. And everyone can always use a little improvement. A place like this will certainly keep you on your toes.." She wondered if the two ever struggled in Aincrad anymore, probably not. They were powerful players. 

Tristan laughed and said "I'm a good tank, but I'm not infallible. Floor bosses and event bosses can still kick my teeth in, though I have yet to do one while wearing Achilles unique skill which should help.".  He was speaking truthfully. While floor bosses could go down reasonably fast with their damage, these bosses could hit like trucks back if they so wished, and have in the past. Then again he had no ranks in Block, the next skill he might level alongside Battle Healing, as he was not so focused on his damage. "Zelrius has quite a number more skill points than me, but my role means I have to dedicate skill points into a multitude of skills, unlike basically three main ones liek Zelrius. And before you ask, yes we all can become that strong. Remember we all started at level 1 and players can easily catch up too.".

Flints looked over the two carefully and gritted her teeth. Being on the other end of the spectrum was something she was getting used to in this game, she got lucky and ended up meeting Tristan by chance who accepted a quest she was far too weak to do. And now here she was, going back and forth with two of the best Players in Aincrad, the perfect duo; a tank and dps. She grinned and thought about how her and Endilix tried to get on par and grow in this sort of way, but now sitting back and watching Tristan and Zelrius made her want to work ten times harder for that. "Well as long as you know what you have to do, color me impressed. I'm not quite sure what I want to do, other than become really strong, call me power hungry if you want but I think having a high attack is all I need in this game..all I need in every game.." She trailed off a little thinking about how to go about building herself, she was still very low level wise so she was still a blank canvas. 

Tristan nodded to what she said, all too familiar with how he felt when he started in Sword Art Online. After all initially, he was going to do a dps build with a spear with evasion and all, however would also use paralysis to try and shut down the enemies attack as much as possible so he could attack more while getting hit less. Ever since he got the Twinfire Reflector though, his focus has been on protecting people and making sure that they don't die on him, especially after his first experience going for a unique which led to him being used to mop the floor. Well at least now he had a unique to brag about, even if it is in the spirit to protect others as per its design. "I can understand that, with Zelrius here being the king of DPS. His build is roughly probably what you should go for but with wild dance and martial arts to make the later wild dance arts stronger.".

Flints thought about Zelrius and gave a little scoff. She had a lot of work to do. This journey of hers will be no simple task. Meeting Tristan and Zelrius had been the icing on her cake for exponential growth. She still felt that she needed to prove herself more. She wanted to be seen as more to both players, not just a little stray who needed some guidance. "Uniques are interesting..I could only hope to get my hands on something like that." She joked. She looked down at her claw like weapon and grinned. "Wild dance is interesting. It's as if everything I've ever wanted was suddenly made just for me." She looked up at Tristan and gave a little chuckle. "If Zelrius keeps killing all the things I probably won't get to test them much here! But my little gang wouldn't mind seeing these babies in action." She couldn't help but let her grinning get the best of her. She shook her head and raised an eyebrow at Tristan. "Is it weird that I can't imagine either of you being level 1 and one point? I feel like you guys just spawned in at your rank." She was only half joking this time. She was sure that lots of time and skill went into their power. More than sure she was positive. The way she thought about them made her realize she was considering them legends now and that made her feel silly. "tell me about all your mistakes or silly things that has happened to you along the way, one day. I need to humanize the both of you before it goes to my head." 

Tristan laughed to what she said and responded with "Well all of that will take work, especially unique gear. For the longest time i only owned one.". Uniques were the top range of items, incredibly difficult to get hold of. With that, he was reminded of how he got his own, the first given to him from the Twinfire Reflector as they didn't need it (much like how Zelrius got his Twinfire Sword). He had to agree though that Wild Dance was certainly an interesting skill, known for its conservative energy use relative to its power, which meant that later on they could do powerful attacks repeatedly. He did have to laugh at what was said about Zelrius' power, responding with "He is indeed incredibly powerful, however his defence is totally lacking in consequence, much like how my damage very much lacks comparatively. But we will all get there in the end. And we were all indeed level 1 at one point, though I made a real focus to powerlevel quests when I started, like we are doing with you right now. So with that, you can get yourself as strong as possible in the fastest way we know.". She talked about how she wanted know about their deeper experiences, to which he smiled with "Indeed, I have had a...colourful past in the year or so I've been here. We should discuss it another time when we have some spare or it's just us two.".

Flints listened curiously as Tristan explained to her about how he came to own his uniques. "The way you speak of them makes it sound like everyone could own one" she giggled. All this talk was making her want a unique more and more. She shook her head and grinned. "Oh? So you aren't so dark and mysterious like I thought?" She winked and began to laugh, Tristan wasn't really much of a mystery beyond her just flat out not knowing much about him. "Well I would love to learn all about your "colorful" past." She waded around in the marsh before looking back to Tristan. "It's only been a year huh...amazing." She looked at her now invisible feet that were swallowed by the marsh and frowned. She thought about how much longer they would all be playing this death game. Would it just be a year? Or more? She winced at the thought of them being trapped for 5 years. A good chunk of her life outside of the game gone. But the more and more she thought about it, the more she considered this game her life now. She made friends quickly and became close to so many, the thoughts became overwhelming , so much so her head began to spin with the weight of the world she had become so accustomed to. 

Tristan nodded to her first statement, to an extent which was entirely correct as one. "Well yes actually, anyone can get a unique. They're hard to get sure, but it is a possibility for anyone to get one. Azure Brigade are just very capable players so own many." he said with a chuckle. "The key is joining boss raids and such and they'll fall on your lap. Or something to that extent. Either way when you're strong enough for frontlines, you should join us for the raids!". Tristan gave a silly grin, then thought about what to say next. "Well yes, a lot has happened. It's not really something for now though, but for another time when we are not knee deep in possibly the most horrible scenario I'd want to be in. Mostly because this place is dirtier than the toilet of council housing and I'm really hating it. Can we go back to the town or something?".

Flints thought about having her own unique and wondered if that would benefit her or make her power hungry. "I would love to be at the frontlines some day, all in due time I guess." She smiled in response to Tristan's silly grin and began to blush. "Aha I could only hope to become strong enough. But when I am I will certainly try my best to be an asset to the raids." Flints giggled at Tristan's dislike for the swampy waters. Although it was disgusting she didn't mind getting a little dirty. "I'm ready when you are" she chuckled and began to wade her way in search of dry land or at least somewhere with more stable footing. She was interested in hearing all about Tristan. "Tristan, are you this sweet in real life too?" She spoke as if this game was nothing but a dream. Sometimes she wished it was a really messed up dream, that she would soon wake up from, but in ways, when she thought about the brothers and now Tristan she didn't mind her fate too much. They made this place a lot more tolerable that was for sure. 

Tristan nodded and said "Try enough and anyone can become frontline material. It's just about having the dedication to play through the game and never stop growing stronger, to never stop looking how to become even greater in the game so that you can achieve those goals. After all, it is very easy to become complacent with what you have, only to find out when you reach the frontline that it may not be enough. So yes, keep becoming strong enough and I'm sure you'll be an asset.".Tristan was only glad that she accepted for them to wade out of this quagmire, preferring stable dry ground to have his two feet on. As they walked towards the settlement of Floor 12, Tristan was taken a bit aback from what she said next, his cheeks slightly reddening and him scratching the back of neck awkwardly. "I...uh....I'm just me I guess, in the game and out. Although I suppose this scenario somewhat forces us, it hasn't changed to the core who I am. Not yet least at least anyway.". His chuckle came at the end, but it still felt broken in awkwardness due to how stunned he was from being called that. Once again, he could not figure out her intentions at all and it confused him.

Flints frowned a little, lost in thought yet again about how she would fair in the frontlines, how long it would take her to be good enough to survive something like that. She sighed and trudged on, occasionally stepping into deeper mud and panicking a little when her feet wouldn't come free of the messy marsh. When they finally reached better ground flints glanced over to Tristan who surprisingly had reddened from her question. "I'm glad you stayed yourself, even in a place like this. To be honest ive actually opened up a little more...outside of game I'm a little more hostile if you can believe that.." She smiled sweetly to him, even if he did look a little stunned. "That creature was pretty terrifying. I still can't get over how easy Zelrius made that battle look..if it could even be called a battle, more like a slaughter" 

Tristan also trudged through the sludge with less than happy expressions on his face, most of the time actually rather comical ones in disgust. He also offered help to Flints whenever they struggled to move from having their feet stuck, having them around the shoulders to pull her out, which was easy enough with his size and his relative strength. He chuckled to what she said about how the game opened her up, to which he replied with "I think the situation has brought out a lot from people which is usually hidden. I can't ever forgive Kayaba for doing this to us, but what it has done to us are interesting results for sure.". Tristan laughed though to what she said next about the slaughter by Zel at the monster. Indeed, his new skill made him terrifying when he was already the top DPS, seemingly getting the best dps skill in the game. "Right? It's certainly something. Quite scary if you ask me. Mine only really comes out on attacks that hurt me a lot, since on minor hits it doesn't really do much back. But the last time I fought the Banshee, it had its last attack of desperation which phased through armor kick them right in the face and killed itself essentially. All unique skills are powerful, but that is also why they are so limited in number. Otherwise what makes them special would be across the board to everyone and then...relatively they just aren't that strong anymore.".

Flints kept close to Tristan, on this floor she felt more uneasy. Her eyes and ears stayed focused on the world around her, occasionally glancing back to Tristan only to respond to him. "I can't say I don't envy his attack, his power. But uniques seem to be what would surely get someone to be their very best. I understand why they are so..coveted. I don't think I would actively attempt to seek one out unless it was really really worth my while." She looked at her claws, carefully examining them before looking back up to Tristan. "Yeah..but does owning a unique make you..a target? I'm sure many people want to get their hands on certain ones...that could put a lot of players in danger."

The moment Tristans feet hit dry ground for him to walk on, he breathed a sigh of relief and let his legs relax somewhat, feeling much more at ease now that he was stepping non hard ground and thus had to spend less energy with even the action of walking, since his force used was better in use and not absorbed by the squishy ground. He responded to what he said with "Indeed, they are what bring out the greats, as it takes someone great in the first place to be able to challenge the NPC's that hold the skill, along with then putting it to good use, even if that is more of a moral obligation than anything.". He thought for a moment on the next part, mostly with the mixed responses people have had such Zel and himself. "Well...it depends. For a start, you wont be randomly attacked by players anyway unless you are orange, otherwise you have to allow the duel in the first place, so the orange life would be hard. But, you certainly have varying sorts of pressure. While I've been mostly free of it, Zelrius has gotten a lot of flak for earning his, even as someone who got it rightfully like Dom and I did. Maybe there is a certain reputation with having two swords and high damage that comes with it.".

Flints took into consideration that not everyone was great enough to get their hands on a unique. She wondered if she would ever be so lucky. And she wondered if she could even do justice to it and use it to its full extent. She sighed, and decided these thoughts were too big to be having so soon, she wasn't strong enough for something like that. Not yet at least. She perked up and liked the idea of not being randomly attacked. "A duel...hm, I'm glad you haven't been troubled by weaker woes, and it's a shame that Zelrius has had to deal with that sort of thing. It takes a very strong soul to ignore it." She looked down and knew she couldn't do the same, being challenged was something she didn't take lightly, and that was rather costly in a place like this. "He certainly lives up to the power he exudes so I have no doubt that all this speculation is mostly out of pure fear or jealousy. Or maybe just confusion. Whatever the reason I'm sure the longer he wields them the less and less attention they will attract. Give it time" she said more to herself than Tristan. She didn't like that someone could be hounded for their power. But everything good comes with a cost.