Round 1: Calrex vs Opal

The gates open and the countdown begins down to 10. The two players stood across the way from eachother on the Arena of the First floor. Just as he had done for the season, The boy lifted up two banners each representing the guilds of those participating and lowered them to signal they're prepare stage during the ten second countdown.

(OOC sorry, super lazy, Had no sleep last night)

Rules:

Please also post your Stats and Equipment in your first post.

No Consumables (Meaning Alchemical Products, Food, Performer products, Crystals, Etc etc.)

All Equippables are allow

All Skills ARE allowed

Both players will post their max HP

Post an LD roll in your first post to decide whom goes first.

OOC: No worries dude XD

IC:

Calrex gave a small sigh as he entered back into the arena, which he become fairly familiar with. He was here again for the S&Z battles that had taken a part of a few months ago. He had done fairly well the last time, ending up somewhere in the middle in terms of his win to loss ratio, but this time around he aimed to do better, even if just by a small fraction. There didn't appear to be a lot of the stronger players from the Azure Brigade like last time, but he had hoped that he could match up against Tristan again at some point, as that was the only battle he felt was a total loss on his part.

As Zelrius began to lift the banners representing each participant's guild Calrex gave a small smirk and a laugh as he saw no known banner get raised, merely the grey banner with two intersecting swords representing his guildless status.

"Let's see just how far I've come from back then."

Looking across he saw that his opponent was the person he had come to know as the apprentice of Master Myoga, as well as Lindow's legacy. Putting on a friendly face and giving a wave he called over, "Nice seeing you again Opal! Let's have a good match!"

Calrex's Stats:
HP: 177
Energy: 43
DMG: 10
ACC: 3
EVA: 4
MIT: 25
No Special Effects (Consumable or Equipment) Active

ID: 34899
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1, if these apply) = 6

Lowering his stance he slid his right foot back as his hand came to gently rest on the Grand Blade's hilt. Giving a calming breath he centered himself as he awaited for the round to start, "I'll likely need to be careful. The question is should I try to hit as hard as I can right out of the gate, or inflict a Stun and attack from there..."

Edited by Calrex

Stats: 
HP: 80 || Energy: 20
Dmg: +5 || Eva: +4 || Acc: +2

Equipment: 
Dragon's Breath [+1 Dmg, +1 Acc]
Swift Eye: [+2 EVA, +1 Acc]
Black Leather Jacket: [+2 Savvy, +1 Eva]

Skill: 
Rnk 1: Charge [+1 Dmg] within RP reasons
Rnk 3: Katana [+3 Dmg] 
Sprint & Acrobatic [+1 Eva]

ID: 34925
LD: 1 OOC: Perfect...-rolling eyes-
OOC: By some form of miracle that I am able to dodge any attacks, please keep the attack open ended on your side, I shall RP out my dodge. Thanks Cal. And Good Fight. :) 

As Opal stepped forward there was nothing of note on her mind. The air around her was calm, she was calm, there was no emotion, no flicker of angst, anxiousness, worry or any negative or positive influence around her. There was nothing but the stillness of the arena and the look on her face; stoic, expressionless, empty, and devoid. Her footsteps were light as she stopped quite a few ways away. She looked at his happy go lucky facial expression, even waving at her and to have a good match. Yeah, it was  heavily one sided right now. Calrex was close to the top of the food chain while she was still scraping the bottom of the barrel for crumbs. None the less, she had entered this tournament for one reason alone. It was not about winning or losing, it was about self discovery, who she was and the accumulation of her own training. Popping her neck and rolling her shoulders, she circled the small area before the numbers started to tick down. Her feet slid apart, the dull glow of her honey eyes steadfast on the Ultramarine Knight, if she was able to survive his first attack, she would go all out with everything she had in one burst and then be done with it. 

While knuckles gripped the crimson hilt of Dragon's Breath, her relaxed her muscles and steadied her breathing trying not to allow excitement to persuade her stance or to get her jumpy. Giving out one last breath, her eyes watched for moment the last few seconds of the countdown...It was go time. 

Edited by Opal

OOC: Sure thing will do!

IC:

ID: 34926
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -4) = 0 (facepalm XD) (Riposte Failed)
<<Parry>> Activated, Half Damage (before mitigation applies) Until Next Turn (2 Energy Used / 41 Remaining)

As the timer counted down to zero Calrex gave a calming breath as he slowly drew the Grand Blade from its sheath, moving into a defensive position. A quick glow could be seen on his forearms as he activated his <<Parry>> skill, focusing on the opponent across from him, "I could have rushed in and taken the first attack, but going from the way I saw Opal fight on the seventh floor...I should be cautious. She's training in the ways of the shinobi, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has a trick or two up her sleeve for those foolish enough to recklessly rush forward to attack. I'd better play it safe and go on the defensive, lure her in, then counterattack should the opportunity present itself."

Lowering his stance he prepared for Opal's next move.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 80/80

Opal: 80/80

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34927
BD: 9 +2 Savvy [Cal's Miss] + 2 Acc, -4 Eva = 9 [+1 Dmg]

<<Battle Engaged>>
Opal HP: 80
Calrex HP: 75

Opal Energy: 15/20

Sword Art: Wa Shu, -5 Energy, 35 Dmg- 25/2= 5 Dmg

"What the hell is he doing?" Calrex was the veteran, the Pro Player, Elite amongst the Front Liners and yet he stood still watching her and taking a defensive stance. Her dull eyes turned to almost narrowed slits, not that she was angry but she felt foolish that he didn't make the first attack, was he just provoking her, showing sympathy? The woman's knuckles whitened as she gripped the hilt of her blade. Summoning up strength she activated her <<Sprint>> blitzing towards the guarded Knight. Her eyes focused on him and as she closed in further engaged her <<Charge>>, her body was given a temporary boost in power as it rushed towards the edge of her blade as it was now screaming with a glow of crimson. As she made her way towards Calrex, she spun around him slashing at him, the blade weaving in and out of his defensive stance but the orange glows of damage that appeared over his body were small and minimal at best. She had to reserve her energy, but she was unsure how long this battle would last. Her finest attack was an AoE or a Stun in the same rank as her Wa Shu, however, this being a duel...and because of her Bushido, she would not stoop as low as to stun her opponent in combat. That was reserved for mobs and the like, not to be used against people. Attacking someone who is defenseless, stunned or paralyzed is deplorable...she knew the feeling first and second hand doing it to Kalesh and that guilt built up on her. She would be honor bound by that code... even if it meant throwing away a strong attack in exchange for a weaker one. 

As her Wa Shu finished its action against the this legendary player, she kicked off to her left and stayed within the melee range of attacks. She braced herself facing him, grit her teeth and took what was to come next. 

Edited by Opal

OOC: I think Mitigation comes after Parry, but we can confirm that later. Sorry! XD

ID: 34928
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4 / Disguise +1) = 6
<<Disguise>> Activated (+1 to BD / -1 to Opponent's BD) / Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 35 Remaining)

Calrex's eyes widened in surprise as he felt the blows come from Opal's attack, not because they hit, but because there wasn't a Stun effect that came with it. Coming from the last tournament, he had expected paralocking to be commonplace. "I guess some form of honor or something. I certainly wasn't expecting it..."

Leaping back he saw that his battle health had only dropped a small amount, thanks to the combined defenses of his <<Parry>> skill and the Grand Dragoon's mitigation. Giving a nod to Opal he began to run forward as the Grand Blade lit alight with a bright blue glow. As he got into striking range it seemed like the kunoichi-in-training might try and slip away. Triggering his <<Disguise>> skill he switched his appearance to that of Mack, his sword temporarily shifting to the man's two-handed axe. This however was an illusion.

Activating <<Deadly Sins>> he unleashed the flurry of stabs, tracing the shape of the Big Dipper on the woman before completing his art, leaping back. Seeing Opal's battle HP drop to a few points he gave a sigh as he sheathed the Grand Blade, walking over as the illusion burst into crystals, revealing his original appearance, "That was a great opening attack! Although, I'm not sure exactly why you neglected using a stunning attack, know that there is no need to hesitate. Combat is combat, so using whatever is at your disposal is nothing to be looked down upon, even in something like this. Nonetheless, it was a great match and I hope to you grow even stronger. I know you still have some health left, but I'd rather not risk the chance of completely reducing you to zero, so if you'd like to continue we can, but I'll likely play it safe and switch to Martial Arts."

Extending his hand he offered to help her back to feet.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 75/80

Opal: 10/80 (10 DMG * 7 Art - 0 MIT = 70 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

OOC: 1 POINT OF DMG FTW!!!...err...forfeiting so I don't die. Sounds like a game plan. 

Opal had little chance to survive the onslaught of blitzed attacked as the one sword art she was familiar with that she had seen a few times now was directed at her. The glow of orange off the blade, the technique itself familiar as it charged toward her. Having no mitigation of her own, and still considered low level, she was no match for the event that transpired. Her body collected several slashes which made up the entity art known as the Deadly Sins. She fell to her knees as the explosive attack ended and her HP pool to near depletion. Honey eyes stared at the ground before she slowly got up to her feet and looked up to Calrex taking his offered hand. Taking a moment to herself she whipped her blade to the side and then sheathing it into the scarlet saya. He spoke a few words to her, amongst the subject was hesitation and to use stunning attacks. The dark ebony hair that flowed over her shoulder lightly moved with her shaking head, "I didn't hold back, Cal. I am bound by the code of Bushido. It would have been distasteful to me, to Master Myoga and all Samurai before me, had I used a stunning blow on you. A cheap shot is not honorable, therefore, I held nothing back. Better to die ten thousand deaths than wound my honor. But in this case...It is better to live another day, I shall declare you victor today." 

She flicked her hair from her eyes and smiled holding her head up high. It was a good fight, a momentous occasion and a step forward. One she could learn from and one to master in her mind when the day comes when she will be able to fight at her full and max potential. 

Edited by Opal