[PP-F2] Na na na na na na na BATMAN! <Let There Be Light>

Macradon arrived at the second floor, he wasn't too sure of what he was doing there, but he could at least just take a look. He remembered when he initially started to go adventuring, the frontlines had already cleared the first couple of floors, so there was no point in going to the ones that wouldn't benefit Macradon though today he wanted to take a look at this floor. 'Oh yeah, I remember this place' he thought when his memory found its way. He had been training a lot on this floor, he just forgot because he usually trains on other floors, but this would do just fine. He would walk out of the Warp Plaza and look around in the town. It was quite empty at the plaza, he was almost alone, there was only one other person, that person came crying towards Macradon.

"Please! Please help me! My daughter is gone!" the woman exclaimed at Macradon with her tears flowing down her cheeks. "She was last seen around the caves, please help get her for me!" she said 'Is this legit or is it a quest?' he thought and that thought would quickly be answered. A quest box appeared.

Will you accept this quest?

Accept/Decline

Macradon would press the accept with a smile. "Of course I'll help you" he said with a soothing calming voice. The woman's face lit up in happiness as she would express with a kiss on Macradon's hand "Thank you! Thank you!" he said with happiness. "M'am you don't need to do this gesture, I'd have done it even without the pleading" he said and smiled. He would equip his sword and head out into the area where the cave was located. 'Let's see where she is' he thought and entered the cave.

• 2 weeks later...

He took a few steps into the cave and it got pretty dark quite quickly. He would blink a couple of times and wait for his eyes to get used to the darkness. He wasn't able to see much of what was happening in the caves. 'Where should I go' he thought as he wasn't sure which direction the girl could've headed. He would ponder and think of an idea. 'If I go that way and it's not the way I can turn back, but how will I know if I've been there without anything to place' he thought. This was tricky, all this trickery. 'This way' he thought as he would walk into the darkness of the caves with a stern face. He walked and walked and wasn't able to see much, but he heard something.

Edited by Macradon
  • 3 weeks later...

"Some one's crying, might be the girl" Macradon thought and would slowly walk towards the sound and would slowly realize that the echoes in the cave made it all too difficult to really pin point the sound's source. He would wander around, trying to follow the sound as good as possible but it was near impossible to do that due to the size of the cave and the echo it made. Suddenly an annoying screeching sound broke the soft silence, the screeching sound got louder and louder and echoed in the caves. Macradon was pushed back by something soft but big.

Edited by Macradon

"What the hell?" Macradon thought when he was knocked back from the mysterious thing. When he looked up he saw the beast, it was a its health bars showing up, this was the field boss he was supposed to fight for this quest it seemed. He would get back up and away from the beast only to charge right at it again with his <Charge> skill. Macradon was sent rushing forward in a guard where the next attack would bit a mid height attack, making his sword glow in the dim light and slice through the bat for times as his body swirled around with his big great sword.

Spoiler

ID: 39225
BD: 8. Charge +1. 4x1x8=32 dmg.
MD: 3

Macradon: 70/70
Energy: 11/15

Giant Bat 18/50
Damage: 12

Edited by Macradon

Macradon had taken it down to the yellow already, peeling off the first health bar with ease. "This bat ain't that strong as I'd think, but this is the second floor after all" he thought and rushed forward again to do a normal attack to get it down but he missed when the bat flew to the side, it then went for an attack at Macradon which he was quick enough to react to to parry it. Macradon would jump slightly back to get some distance between him and the bat.

Spoiler

ID: 39226
BD: 2. Heavy momentum proc.
MD: 4

Energy: 10/15

Giant Bat 18/50

Edited by Macradon

Macradon would quickly consolidate from the parry and get into the neben guard with the sword lowered down behind him. He would proceed to rush forward and proc the heavy momentum from his armor that would lead to extra damage on his part. "Take this!" he would roar as he cleaved upwards thrice, slicing the bat into 4 slices. The damage that was dealt was enough to make it fall and break into pixels. It was dead, quite quickly. Macradon would pick up what loot it had lying around but only to find a Mat, of course a Mat was precious, but he'd hoped for something better.

Spoiler

ID: 39227
BD: 8. Heavy momentum +1. Scooped 3x1x8=24 dmg.
MD: 1
LD: 1

Acquired 1 Mat.

Energy: 7/15

Giant Bat 0/50

Edited by Macradon

After all the screeching was done Macradon could hear the crying girl once again, this time it was more concentrated from one area than the others so Macradon would venture into that area looking for the lost girl. The cries became louder and louder, it was agonizing feeling that he wasn't capable of helping her just right now, that he had to find her before he could save her or make her feel safe again. Even though they were just NPCs Macradon felt something for them. He would keep on walking, slowly following the cries of the girl.

Edited by Macradon

There she was, standing there alone in the dark crying for help. Macradon's heart took a shard it was nothing to take lightly, even though she was jut an NPC for a quest it felt too real to be something programmed. Macradon would wave his hand as a kind gesture towards the girl and hoped for her to notice. "Hey, it's ok, I'm here" he would say to the girl, she noticed him and she stopped crying, or at least her face stopped crying and just began sobbing, but there was still a loud noise in the caves.

• 3 weeks later...

The girl would halt her cry and look towards Macradon. She would wipe off her tears and slowly begin to walk towards Macradon. She was looking terrified, looking from left to right and back again, like she was keeping an eye out for something. Macradon would slowly walk towards the girl himself. She would keep looking around, trying to get a look on something. Macradon began to get curious and do the same thing.

Edited by Macradon

"What are you looking for?" he asked the girl as comfortable as possible. "I'm looking for a big bat, it's the one making this scary noise" she said. Macradon would agree that his noise was quite the annoying one, but he had already slain a bat, was there more of them? "I've already killed the big bat, why is the noise still going on?" he asked the girl. "There're more of the-" she was denied the rest of her sentence as she saw a big silhouette fly towards her. "Look out!" she yelled to Macradon as she pointed at the thing coming towards them. Macradon jumped in front of the girl, stopping the bat from hitting the girl resulting in Macradon taking the hit. He would go into a high neben hut and do 4 spins to get some damage down on the bat. "I'll protect you" Macradon said to the girl as he faced off the bat.

Spoiler

ID: 41963
BD: 6
MD: 6

Macradon: 69/70
Energy: 15/15

Giant Bat 22/50

• 3 weeks later...

Macradon would keep the bind between him and the bat in a sense that the bat had take an good grip into Macradon's blade with its mouth. Macradon was unable to get into a stance where he could get a sword art off. He would struggle for a bit until he finally got an idea. he would jump high into the air and turn his back to the bat. He would stand in a neben hut guard facing away from the bat, but he was still able to send a Sword art off with his sword. Once again he spun around 4 times with his sword, even though the bat was behind him, he was still able to damage it with his sword art.

ID: 43996
BD: 10, crit +2. Cyclone 4x1x9=36 dmg.
MD: 1.

Macradon: 69/70
Energy: 15/15

Giant Bat -14/50

Edited by Macradon

He would look towards the girl. "Are you safe?" he asked. She would nod slightly. "Let's get out of here" Macradon said to the girl. He would let out his hand towards her and she would grab it. The two of them would venture through the cavern once again. Macradon would look down at the girl would had clenched her hand to Macradon's. She was scared and for good reason, not only did she get lost in the cave but was probably also chased by the big enormous bats.

Macradon and the girl would wander through the cave looking for the exit. Macradon didn't remember nor did the girl. "So ..." Macradon said "How did you get lost?" he asked. The girl would look up at his and wipe off the tears of her eyes. She didn't say much, maybe she wasn't programmed to do so. Macradon would just leave it at that. "I ..." she muttered "I got lost when mom and me were looking for herbs in the cave". "Oh, so she did have a bit of backstory" Macradon thought. "You got scared and ran away?" he asked her, she nodded. 

The two would keep on walking, looking for the exit together. This quest wasn't really that difficult. All they he had to do was to rescue a girl who got lost in a cave and get those bats away. The quest itself wasn't bad, the difficult thing was when he had to find the girl and now have to find the exit again. It was like a big maze made of cave walls. He just tried to look for any light, hopefully the exit would emit light or at least show the light from outside.

Edited by Macradon

There wasn't much light coming from any exit or hole nearby, the only light were the torches in the cave and some glowing plants growing around in the cave. It wasn't getting better, they haven't even come to any room looking like it would head somewhere like an exit. All they did was walk around the cave. "I'm scared" the girl said and hugged Macradon's arm tighter, making sure she didn't get lost again. He would look down at her and pat her on the head with his other hand. "Don't worry, this warrior will help you get out" he said pointing his thumb towards himself.

She looked more confident having Macradon around, she didn't look too scared like before. Macradon would smile as the two venture through the maze of caves. It wasn't that big of a deal, they just had to find out ... right? It was getting darker, some cracks form the ceiling revealed some light, or the loss of light meaning that it was getting dark out side. "We have to hurry, it's getting dark" Macradon said to the girl so both of them could hurry up and find the exit.

The girl quickly got tired of all the walking and couldn't help herself to get on going. Macradon pitied her and gave her his robes to wear as a coat to keep her warm. Macradon would let her get up on his back and relax as Macradon would look for the exit. He but his sword away in the inventory so it wouldn't be in the way when she would hang on there. He would keep on looking, keep on looking ... It wasn't easy to find the exit, he was lost.

Macradon was getting tired as well. He had been going all day in this cave, first fighting some bats and then finding the girl. The day had gone by fast and Macradon could feel that he needed more energy. Even though his mechanical energy gauge was full his mental and "physical" energy were low. Not only did he have to find the exit he also had to carry the sleeping kid on his back. Though he didn't really mind that much, he understood that she was programmed to act like a little girl, but he still didn't know how they did it so smoothly.

Macradon walked and walked. He was tired, he didn't have much more energy to continue the quest for today, but then light shined into his face. Like and angel descending onto him to help him get out. It was the calming lights of the exit! Macradon would pack all the energy he head and run out of the exit. He would stand there in the open, just looking at the freedom he had come back to. He would smile with glee and quickly think about the quest he had accepted. He would walk back to the city.

Edited by Macradon