[PP:F2]Cry in the Darkness <<Let There Be Light>> (Life)

With the babe in her arms, Mayuri ducked down and shielded the child from Life’s incoming attack. Her rushing into the battlefield might not have been the wisest as she did not know where the bats were nor did she know where Life’s onslaught might come from, and she did not want to get caught in the cross hairs of that fight. From the dark came several brilliant flashes not far from where she was and she hugged the child closer to her as she watched Life’s attacks come to an end. Shay heard Eric sheath his blade in the pitch black and she called out to him gently. His soft footsteps padded through the dark toward her and felt him envelope her in her arms. Mai melted against Eric as he spoke and told them it was time to leave the cave.

“Yes,” she agreed as she waited for Life to release her from his grip so she could stand. Once he released her, she adjusted the child in her arms and took his hand, letting him lead her back out once more. As they walked through the cave quietly, Mai began to feel badly. Things happened to work out this time, but what if she’d gotten herself injured. If they lost the child, all they need do was wait for the babe and the bats to respawn, but had life struck her with his attack along with the bats, there would be no respawn for her. She could have died.

“I’m sorry Eric…”She said suddenly as she tightened her grip upon his hand. “I wasn’t thinking. I shouldn’t have rushed in like that. I must have given you quite a scare. I promise I won’t ever do that to you again. I’ll be more careful… I promise…” her words got softer as she spoke as a lump formed in her throat making it hard for her to speak or swallow. She felt so incredibly guilty over what she’d done and only hoped he wasn’t too angry with her.

• 2 weeks later...

Life embraced his love and kissed her forehead, letting her know it was ok "It's fine, you just gave me a little scare. Luckily these things weren't that dangerous" He smiled lightly and held her hand as he led her out of the cave. "Well that was interesting wasn't it" He smirked looking down at the small child. "Lets get you back to your mother shall we?" He found it a bit silly talking to an NPC, but in Sword Art Online, it was hard to tell reality from virtual reality. Perhaps, this was their new reality which they had to accept in order to move on. It sure did make it easier to think you a bunch of strangers weren't stuck together in an empty world. 

After walking for some time they finally returned the child back to the mother and received her gratitude, he noticed Mai going up a level and smiled. "Getting there, aren't we?" He kissed her forehead and began to head to their home again, so that they could prepare for their next adventure. 

Rewards:
LD: 11 (11*25=275 Col)
-Life: 875 col, 2 materials, 2sp
-Mayuri: 475 Col, 2 sp