[PP-F3] Massive Masumune & Manic Malice - Earning a Living! (Opal&Kalesh)

Kalesh blinked as he received a very powerful potion from Opal, blinking as he looked it over when it was in his inventory, finding such a thing very... pleasing! "Oooh! Thank you very much!" He happily looks at his inventory to admire his little collection of alchemical goods. "I've never had a potion like this before..." He chuckled softly while laying back on the ground for the moment. "I enjoy being lazy... I once spent a day just fishing while napping in a boat while on the twelfth floor... anchored to the dock, of course." He winked playfully, letting her know he wasn't being reckless even if he was lazy. "... I could climb one of the trees, find a nice thick one with a big empty area where the branches meet, and just sleep the day away right now..." He inhales deeply and wriggles around a bit before settling. "... Sure you are still up for helping me get materials?"

He was looking to Opal curiously, rather glad he had snagged her as a friend despite having met by knife point. He momentarily weighed the pros and cons of jabbing a clawed hand through his belly compared to a katana. It didn't take too long to shake the thought from his mind however! He didn't need to worry about that stuff anymore, she probably wouldn't let anyone make him have to force that choice!

+Safeguard Potion from Opal!

OOC: Gratz on your level up! >D 

Shifting her weight and looking upwards into the forest, the woman blinked, the dark makeup around her eyes gave her orange honey discs a slight glow in the dimness of the forest. Getting up on her feet, she nudged the crimson berserker with the end of her saya, poking him in the ribs, "Rest time is over..." she said squaring the instrument of destruction on her shoulder. Stretching in place, Opal had come to realize she had found something much more than friendship in Kalesh, much more than a partner. They were bound by something more powerful than that and the two of them helping each other like this made things all the more reason to stand by one another. She wondered...if she would ask him about joining the guild she was in, of course that was a long shot, he didn't seem too interested in being in a guild. Though a little effort wouldn't be the end of the world, perhaps she could find somewhere in the conversation to stem up the idea. 

"So...ever thought about joining a guild, Kalesh?" Good job, Opal. Way to be subtle. 

Kalesh grumbled a bit as he was poked with the Saya, batting at it like a kid reaching for their alarm clock but having trouble finding the button. "Fiiiiiine" He says as he rolls over onto his belly and stops for a few seconds before finally starting to push himself up, sure taking his time as he pushed himself up onto his knees and then his legs. He took a deep breath when she asked her question, smiling as he said "I have... but I don't know if I should." He grabs a length of his crimson hair, looking into the color before letting it go. "I've gotten an offer from Mack, and one from Lowenthal... So the Crimson Blades and the Velvet Room are both welcoming me over." He shrugged his shoulders and said "I dunno..." He reaches to rub his arm. "I don't want to be a... investment. I don't want them trying to raise me up to be strong, I want to be invited because I am strong... of note... an asset." He chuckled softly, each time he said it he felt like he was vain and proud. "I've seen people far more powerful than me. I don't know if I'm ready for a guild." He clenches a hand into a fist. "I need more power..."

Kalesh grinned and gestured with his eyes to his upper left "Congratulations on finding yourself a nice guild, by the way. Can't say I've seen the symbol before, I was probably underground or exploring a new floor when they showed up... Either way." He gave her a thumbs up "Congratulations. It's always good to have a guild... people to rely on and trust yourself in." He chuckled softly, his eyes quickly averting along with his head as put his hand through his hair. His eyes weren't quite as shining and happy at the moment, lost in the past.

"I see...So Mack and Lowenthal have requested you. Well, I would offer an extension as well to the Knights of the Blood Oath. You are already quite powerful, Kalesh. And I think we could use an able bodied person such as yourself in our ranks. We are a bit more military functioned like the Blades, however, Commander Heathcliff is a prestigious warrior. And Vice Commander Azide is also part of the guild, and that rounds me up as well with them. Power and strength are a necessity, and we could use more of that in our small guild so far...Despite us being small and not well known, the guild has actually been around since the start of the game. There just has been little interest until recently. But we are going to change all that...All of Aincrad will know of the Knights of the Blood Oath one day..." she spoke those lines while lifting her head up with pride, her thick and full red lips shot a smile towards him, "But I won't squeeze your arm about it. It must be a personal decision to make. I hope wherever you go, you will be happy. Though should you be looking for some place, I can always set up a meeting with Vice Commander Azide and myself and we can talk it over." 

Slipping the saya between her shoulder and neck, the woman glanced around and nodded, "Well...these mobs aren't going to kill themselves. Let's get you some mats!" She had noticed the turned down expression, it was a common one she wore when thinking about the past, however, she would not provoke the issue further as she had done poking him in the ribs with her saya. 

Kalesh nodded as she explained the jist of the guild, finding it curious he had never heard of anything the guild had done if it was so old, but he shrugged his shoulders at it and left it out of sight and out of mind. He tried not to show any disappointment when she said it was military, making him scratch his head very carefully with his hands as he says "I see... I don't do well with... military." He chuckled softly as he shrugs his shoulders. "I am no leader, but I refuse to be a pawn either." He chuckled softly as he tries to say it with less metaphors. "I don't want to lead players, but I don't want to be a low rank. Military guilds award ranks to those who can lead most of the time, I'd want my strength and ability to be acknowledged and rewarded, but at the same time I don't want to have to command the masses as a result." He shudders at the idea of such a thing. He took a deep breath to center himself emotionally before nodding to Opal "I do appreciate the offer though, it is nice to know I am wanted." He smiled to her, giving her a wink once he realized the phrasing he used.

Kalesh smiled as he clenched his hand tight and said eagerly "Damn right they won't, they can't have my job!" He turns on his heel and charges off into the woods. She didn't need to worry about losing track of him, he'd stay as a blip on her map so he wasn't about to vanish! It didn't take too long for him to track down a fresh batch of ghouls either! He hacked and slashed the first one he saw to bits and pieces, seven well-aimed cuts causing the creature to shatter apart just as the battle begun! He smiled triumphantly at the small victory and jingle of victory rewards as he yelled "Your tuuuuurn" Not looking away from the ghouls to see if Opal was in sight or not, too busy sidestepping and evading the two remaining ghouls.

HP List:
Opal: 88/88
Kalesh 80/80
Energy: 14/20 -7 +1
Sword Art: Blade Spirits [9x7x1=63]

Ghoul1: Dead/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG) [63-12=51]
Ghoul2: 44/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG)
Ghoul3: 44/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG) 

[ID# 36170][BD: 9][CD: 8][LD: 14][MD: 2(5-3)]
[ID# 36171][MD: 1(2-3)]
[ID# 36172][MD: 1]

+1 Material
+220 Col to Opal

Edited by Kalesh

Opal bit the blood red colored lower lip slightly when her offer was rejected the first time, however she understood that sort of lifestyle was not for everyone. Still though, he would have proved to be quite a valuable asset for the guild, she wondered if she could butter him up or if that would be going overboard with it. She didn't want him to be forced to make a decision of because of what she wanted, but they also worked well as a team. She had to respect his wishes if it came down to that. Sighing lightly and using lithe fingers to sweep dark strands of hair from her eyes, the woman watched as the Berserker came, saw and conquered a group of ghouls, or at the very least the closest one he could find. 

With the mob rattled, Opal's Masamune was unleashed from its prison and the full blade shot like quicksilver as she <<Sprints>> and then with the extra added boost to her speed, the woman came in like a blur of darkness activating the <<Charge>> skill, the blur of the blade swept upwards and then downwards, but only bits and pieces of silver were seen through the storm of slashes she imprinted onto the second ghoul carving him to show several of the orange damages marks across its worm eaten hide. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 88/88
Energy: 17/22
Sword Art: Wa Shu, -5 Energy, 40 Dmg

Ghoul1: Dead/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG) 
Ghoul2: 13/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG)
Ghoul3: 44/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG) 

ID: 36279
BD: 7

Edited by Opal

Kalesh felt a ping of guilt when he heard no words back. To him that meant he had done something wrong if somebody didn't want to say anything to him. He took a deep breath though to calm himself, not wanting to make a scene over it. He may not have been ready for a guild right now and that was fine with him. There were worse fates than being able to pick and choose your friends rather than have them be made to join your social circle by association. Shaking such thoughts from his head he realizes he was being charged at by one of the ghouls! He tried to dodge but it didn't work out too well for him, having to deal with what would have been as nasty bite on his left arm if he hadn't been wearing armor! Angrily Kalesh hacked at the undead, tearing it apart with pinpoint accuracy using his remaining right hand! When the monster died he looked to see how Opal was doing.

The ghoul had begun to move towards her after having been made to feel a dull pain, groaning in dissatisfaction as it stumbled towards the agile female fighter!

HP List:
Opal: 88/88
Kalesh 79/80
Energy: 8/20 +1 -7
Sword Art: Blade Spirits [8x7x1=56]

Ghoul3: Dead/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG) [56-11=45]

[ID# 36170][BD: 6(3+2+1)][CD: 3][LD: 7][MD: 3(6-3)]
[ID# 36171][MD: 9]

Edited by Kalesh

The ghoul had followed her movements quickly enough, in fact getting the upper hand as it came down and gnashed its teeth into her shoulder. Several chomps were made before she was able to sling it off her body, a trickle of digital blood fell from her neck wound as she snarled. Giving the Masamune a deaf sweep across the head of the ghoul she was surprised the lengthy blade had missed, even more so that her sword art didn't engage. Cursing to herself she looked back to Kalesh, "Stay back! This one is mine..." almost giving an commanding tone. She had no idea what came over her but she felt anger and hatred boiling inside her veins and in her mind. The ghoul seemed to mock her with sudden gasping moans, licking dead and chapped dry lips as if waiting to get another piece of her delicious flesh. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 83/88
Energy: 16/22 [+1 Energy]
Sword Art: -2 Miss

Ghoul2: 15/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG)
Ghoul3: dead/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG) 

ID: 36300
BD: 3+1 = 4

Edited by Opal

Kalesh nodded in understanding, stretching himself out and moving to a nearby tree to prop himself up. "Go for it, one more hit and he's deader meat!" He cheers her on from the sidelines, watching  curiously to see how she chose to kill this one. It was on the ropes so she could finish it off with a weaker art if she wanted, or a stronger one just for the sake of overkill. Either worked splendidly for their purposes!

He watched as the frenzied ghoul continued its assault towards Opal, Kalesh clicking his claws together while waiting to either intervene or congratulate her on her success! The monster's mouth was wide open, drooling the rancid green fluid they knew about as it closed in!

HP List:
Opal: 83/88
Kalesh 79/80
Energy: 9/20 +1
Sword Art: 

Ghoul3: Dead/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG)

[ID# 36301][MD: 9]

Edited by Kalesh

Once more Opal had brandished her weapon before the undead, it's dead eye stare looking blankly at the female while its claw like hands had helped mar the precious skin of the woman once again as its inhuman like strength tore through her defenses with ease. Caught off guard by the ghoul, she had once expected by now that her sword art would be fully engaged, but unable to move into position to start off the assist, she was more or less congested by the ghoul until she gave it a  good knee to solar plexus blow before taking a step back once more to reengage the enemy. The kick to the gut did nothing to the ghoul besides stimulate the blood lust it craved from her tan body.  Looking back to Kalesh, "I got this...you step in, and you'll be the one staring down my Masamune next!" she declared, frustration of a double miss now eating away as far as distraction goes. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 78/88
Energy: 15/22 [+1 Energy]
Sword Art: -2 Energy [Miss]

ID: 36387
BD: 2+1 = 3 OOC: yay. 

Edited by Opal

Kalesh nodded with a laugh as Opal threatened him, holding his clawed hands up in the air as if showing he was unarmed. The irony only hit him afterward. "Okay, okay~! You go get you vendetta, I won't interfere..." He did grin however as temptation ran through him, a part of him wanting to just so he could see if he had gotten strong enough to beat Opal by this point. It had been some time and he was far weaker since the last time they had fought, and he didn't think either of them were fully ready when they clashed, it was so spur of the moment and hectic. This time he was ready~! The clawed edges of his fingers ran across the other almost like he was sharpening them in preparation for if she failed again~!

Speaking of failure, the ghouls worn down body was starting to feel the effects of its activity and it started to slow down, not durable or well put together enough to truly handle the rigors and strains of continuous combat. It should have been a blessing for Opal, but that would only be if she took advantage of its shamblings!

HP List:
Opal: 78/88
Kalesh 79/80
Energy: 10/20 +1
Sword Art: 

[ID# 36402][MD: 4(7-3)]

Edited by Kalesh

Opal had moved side to side quick and light on her feet as she moved in and out of the bumbling undead's path of moaning and hand swipes. Opal turned in a blink of an eye twisting her ankle in the process and nearly falling over on her butt as she backed away from a close looking clawed hand swipe. Bitter hate fueled the angst of the woman as her once cute face turned into a wrinkled mass of anger. She whipped her blade to the left and right stumbling backwards, she had thought due to the length of her blade she would have been able to cut the son of a bitch in half by now. But it was not in her luck, and she felt awkwardly embarrassed by looking back at Kalesh who seemed to be dilly dallying by a tree. With a soft pout, she averted her eyes and gave in, "Alright...you can help...! But...Don't you dare brag about this later!" she said almost in a commanding tone, but a hot streak of read crossed her face in the midst of her embarrassment. That and she didn't want this battle to go on much more...it was just becoming infuriating for the woman. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 78/88
Energy: 14/22 [+1 Energy]
Sword Art: -2 Energy on Miss

ID: 36404
BD: 1 OOC: -_-;; Kalesh...Help...Plz

Edited by Opal

Kalesh smiled and stretched his shoulders before suddenly charging forward, claws cupped outward as he suddenly jabs both hands into the ghoul, cheerily saying "Brag? Why, madam, I would never dream of it!" He suddenly tears outward, the monster literally being torn apart before it shattered into a thousand pieces and a bag of col plopped into the ground, which Kalesh happily tossed to Opal "T'is the duty of a gentleman to save the damsel in distress!" He does a long gentlemanly bow reminiscent of a butler, one hand held out while the other goes across his heart. "Might I help you up, m'lady?" He was grinning mischievously all the while he did this.

HP List:
Opal: 78/88
Kalesh 79/80
Energy: 8/20 +1 -3
Sword Art: Mortal Strike (8x2x2)

Ghoul2: Dead/44 (11 MIT, 9 DMG)

[ID# 36405][BD: 10(8+2)][LD: 19][MD: 0(3-3)]

+1 Material
+220 Col to Opal

Edited by Kalesh

Anger stretched over the woman like a thick blanket as he caked on what she would assume him bragging, dolling it up as 'help of a gentleman.' Scoffing, the woman turned to her partner and brandished the long blade towards him. The shiny edge of the curved katana arching towards his throat mere inches away from cutting his jugular...well, she had been so misfortunate, she would probably miss her intended target or fall over a rock by stepping back lightly. Sighing to herself and smooth the ebony locks of hair from her face, the saya materialized in her open hand and she quickly sheathed her blade. 

"In any case..." she said turning around as to not face him, "Thank you." Once again he was there to help when she needed it, it felt almost like a dagger she put in her own back. What was all that training for if she couldn't deal with one ghoul. Placing a hand on her head, she felt the need for a cigarette but she wanted to try and cut back on those, despite not having any health issues in game...she just wanted to be less dependent on that. But she knew...she knew it was just too hard to quit outright. 

Flipping hair off her shoulder, Opal turned once more back at Kalesh now that full set of anger and embarrassment had been cleaned from her tan canvas, "I'll split the col with you once we get out of the Forest. You helped more than I participated so you deserve to have some of the col. Well anyways, let continue gathering those mats for you..." she said looking around to see if anything could be used for the Berserker. 

ID: 36406
LD: 2
<<Energy Regen 1/3>>
<<HP Regen: +6>>84/88 

Edited by Opal

Kalesh watched with wide eyes as the blade was put to his throat. There was no pause, there was no hesitation, the look on his face lost its grin and changed to one of outrage. It wasn't her lashing out in surprise like when he startled her. He clenched his left fist and almost growled as he moved closer to her and lifted his claws hand, the tips of his fingers barely touching her neck, not cutting, only the barest of pressure. "Does that feel good to you? Your friend pointing their weapon at your neck?" He asks rhetorically before turning his back on her and walking over to a nearby tree to work out his frustration in a less offensive manner. He didn't take such things lightly, it was asking for a fight in his opinion. He hoped that she realized that as he had now done the same to her.

"It's fine." He says as he approaches a nearby tree, tapping it with his ear next to it as before before finally jamming his claw deep into the wood. The sound of splintering was heard as he dug deep into the hollow tree, pulling out with a hard tug some sort of beetle which he crushes in his claw. A pop up alerts him he gained an item out of the deal too! "Happy to save a friend." He gave her a slight smile, trying to calm down from his anger in his own way. Basically his jab and crushing was him venting.

When she offered to split the Col Kalesh was quick to shake his head and say "Ohhh no, during your quest we didn't split the col I got, I'm not splitting your col with my own." He winked, letting her keep her profits as he says "Think of it as payment for your services in assisting me... and for good conversation. He was doing some breathing exercises, trying to empty his mind with a little success. He still wanted to punch things but he wasn't openly hostile.

[ID# 36410][LD: 19]

+1 Material

Edited by Kalesh

Opal had done training to keep her anger under control, but at times she ended up reverting back to the Bitch that she was before the ordeal had taken place. She offended herself as well as her friend with that outpour, she was unable to control her emotions still...the heat of the battle, the frustration of missing twice. She sighed placed both hands on her face smoothing back the hair that dangled in front her eyes. She was acting like a child again, but she would just let it go for now and let the two of the deal with it how they needed. The digits in her right hand stretched in and out as she made a closed then open fist as if scrunching up a stress ball. Dangling the saya in her other hand, she would have to try and make right with Kalesh after that...He was her friend after all, and what she did made her feel slightly bad...he was only trying to help. Shaking her head she bent down on the ground and examined a small little hole where she thought something was glistening and started to search the area within and around. 

Clearing her throat with a small cough, "Kalesh, you are a good friend. I'm sorry for acting out against you just now...I guess I still have a bit of a child side to me that likes to lash out. I'll make it up to you again, one day. I promise." Opal had made the comment, but she wasn't looking back in his general direction. She was too embarrassed still. Apologizing was always hard. 

ID: 36411
LD:  6

Edited by Opal

Kalesh blinked when he heard Opal cough and apologize. Hearing that she understood what she had done wasn't exactly a good idea gave him a soft smile so he walks over to her and says "I forgive you... nobody is perfect. I lash out far more often I'd debate." He scratches his head nervously but very carefully considering her claws. "I'm pretty happy these things don't have any aoe in hindsight... Less likely to accidentally hurt someone." He smiles to her, removing his weapons and holding his declawed hand out again to her "Truce?" He says with a slightly playful tone, not wanting to be at odds with a friend. He had just disarmed himself, for someone as suspicious as Kalesh that was no small thing, that was showing utter trust in someone. She could kill him right now and he'd be unable to stop it, unless he made use of his teleport crystal of course.

[ID# 36413][LD: 11]

Edited by Kalesh

Opal had looked down at his hand and then looked back up at him. She got up the nerve to do something she would rarely do with anyone these days. Because her trust in him was becoming stronger. Not taking him by the hand, she did however lean into him. Her ample bosom pressed against his torso lightly as she moved her velvety red lips against the flesh of his cheek and kissed him lightly, "Truce..." she said releasing the small hold she had on him and returning to her erect position. And as if nothing had happened, she turned back around to help her friend find some more materials, although today was not her lucky day with any of it. The several misses and the mass of dull rocks she found while kicking them over on the ground. 

ID: 36423
LD: 6
<<Energy Regen 3/3>>

Edited by Opal

Kalesh blinked as his hand was evaded and she instead moved in close. He froze for a moment as he body pressed to his and he felt her lips against his cheek! He was flustered, blushing but smiling shyly as she parted herself, not noticing a bit of red on his cheek as he says "... Glad to hear ^^" He smiles happily, his mood having shot back up despite his initial anger. The gesture was very much appreciated and it had done a good job brightening him up as he looked around some more but not finding anything of particular use "... So, my energy is back. Want to fight some more ghouls and get some sweet, sweet redemption?" He winks to her playfully, a smile glued to his face with the strongest adhesive known to man or wolf.

[ID# 36426][LD: 4]

Edited by Kalesh

The gesture had not made him speechless much, perhaps more flustered than she thought. And it was an act of friendship more than anything else, she knew the man was claimed by another and she would not take advantage of that in any shape or form. Turning around she nodded her head to him for them to get back to hunting in the misty forest. The dog had begun to thicken, perhaps it was the night time hours coming above them which means the ghouls or whatever lurked in the forest might be more aggressive than usual. The woman could use some form of redemption for her lack of combat in the last mob group. Despite being the backup DPS, she wasn't doing much in the aid in helping him secure extra materials. Perhaps she might woo him with another potion someday in regards to missing her targets. None the less, there was still plenty of time to do some more grinding.

"Alright, Kal. If you wanna sniff us out some new game, I'll be more than happy to tag and bag some of them." She said with an uncharacteristically chipper tone.