[PP-F2] The Aftermath (Teion)

Emerath sighed and looked down at the dirt, kicking over a rock as she spoke. "All you would've needed to do was ask and I would've told you the truth. Though to be fair, I kept running away from you." Once Emerath was sure he wasn't going to get overly emotional, he finally turned back to Teion and said, "I'm sorry that Endilix is like that. He's a jerk. You have no idea how surprised I am that he has decided to... 'settle down', though to be honest I'm just wondering how long he'll actually stay true to this."

Emerath shook his head, a sad smile crossing his face, "You definitely deserved someone better than him, and..." ...someone better than me... "...to be more happy than he would've made you. I'm glad you were at least able to be friends with him though. He had never really had a friend before you. It has been odd to see him spend time with someone other than me and his little women."

Teion kept her eyes towards the ground, waiting for the redness to dissipate from her cheeks. With little success, a bitter smile crept across her lips. "What can I say? I like you guys too much to be mad at you." She gave a slight chuckle and closed her eyes for a moment. "To be honest, when you told me Endilix was going steady with a woman... It was hard to believe. For a couple of different reasons." She absently played with the hem of her shirt. "I don't know how much he told you... I kind of blew up at him." She smiled sheepishly, still embarrassed that she had caused such a commotion that night.

"But it let me get his side of the story," She continued, her smile a bit more genuine now. "Endilix as a friend... That's the kind of relationship I need to have with him." She gave a nod, as if coming to this conclusion now. "He's stupid, but he'll make you laugh and always has your back. Even if his love life is somewhat...reckless." She tried to choose her words carefully.

Emerath couldn't help but chuckle at Teion's reaction to Endilix, although he wasn't entirely sure that wasn't the right reaction. He didn't mean it towards her, it was more in that she came to the exact same conclusions that he had. In response he said, "I guess it's even harder for me. We've shared our entire lives. We've been inseparable until only a few years ago. And then he decides to go steady with a girl, something he has never done before. I'd say I wondered how Flints charmed him, but she has this strange allure that not even I'm entirely oblivious to." Emerath shrugged and shook his head, not really wanting to go down that type of road with Teion. The focus now was on her, and how great of a person she is.

Emerath took a step forward and put his hand on her shoulder, "Now that I've told you the truth, I'm here for you. Whenever and wherever you need me. I'll make all of this up to you, somehow. I'm sorry that you had to go through it."

Edited by Emerath

Teion's gaze drifted to the side, falling on nearby trees and watching leaves rustle with a slight breeze. She gave a light shrug, feeling unsure of what else she should say. She tensed up as she felt the hand on her should, not expecting the contact, but relaxing as the corners of her mouth pulled up into a light smile. She held back a laugh as she spoke, "Well, you're definitely in for it, then. I've hardly gone on any quests, since I can't solo most of them. You have to power level me now." She had an impish grin on her face, knowing he couldn't deny her requests now. She knew he had a busy schedule, but now she was tempted to worm her way into it whenever possible.

She stretched her arms behind her back, feeling a tinge of jealousy as she realized the boys were already out leveling her. A look of determination grew on her face as she gave a confident nod. "So, shall we continue with the big bad hunting?" She asked, smiling at him.

Emerath nodded to Teion, letting his hand fall from her shoulder as he looked back out into the trees around them. "What kinds of other monsters do you think live out on this floor?" he asked as he began to walk through the trees. He'd occasionally put a hand on one of the trees as he walked along, his gloves brushing along the bark as Emerath felt the wood underneath his fingers. "Endilix told me about fighting an Ent on the first floor once. It wasn't something he was prepared for. Do you think there are Ents here? Do you think we could take on an Ent? He said it smacked him around pretty bad..." Emerath was rambling a bit at this point, not really sure how else to continue the conversation or adventure after their semi-awkward conversation together. He shook his head and gave a sigh, his glove brushing against another tree as he went along.

• 3 weeks later...

"An Ent...?" Teion mumbled, frowning in thought. She followed behind Emerath, wondering vaguely what types of creatures she would expect to see in the forest of an MMORPG. Besides the basic wolves and bears, she couldn't think of much. She would never have even thought to see a troll like that out here. She remained quiet for a few minutes as they continued past the trees. Her eyes lazily scanned around them until they suddenly grew wide and she froze in place. "E-Emerath!" She hissed in a whisper, leaning close to a nearby tree and staring intently in the distance. To the right of the two stood a large figure that blended in with the trees around it at first. The figure turned slowly, lifting its massive tree trunk legs. "I-is that..." She stammered nervously, overwhelmed by the giant living tree before them.

Thread Complete

Summary:

• Teion:
    • +1 SP
    • +200 col
    • +1 crafting material
  • Emerath:
    • +1 SP
    • +200 col
Edited by Teion