[PP-F2] New Friends, Old Cave [Ssendom's Group]

(OOC: This is a continuation of [OP:F1] Making New Friends in regards to those who chose Ssendom.) 

Being one of the more astute navigators among those in their party who didn't already know their way, if not the best, Toothpick had arrived first with ease. The cave itself wasn't very different in appearance than those that were commonly found on F2, most of which being mere caves, rather than dungeons, and each with their own unique look. The cave's mouth slanted with the slope of the mountain it called home, juxtaposing with the thin path that jutted out the mountain's side, kissed the cave, and twirled it's way out of sight. Like the teeth of a beast, boulders were riddled about the entrance, some of which being giant stalagmites which had been shaken loose from the upper set of teeth, and plummeted to impale the earth below. Time had weathered away at these fallen "teeth", and by the time humans arrived, most had lost the rigidness of before. Toothpick was sat on one of these very rocks, poking an adjacent "tooth" with his scimitar, his head in a one handed rest, elbow poking his thigh. Ssendom had sent Toothpick and the others off ahead of him with a set of directions due to, "Something popping up," a "something" which actually pleased Toothpick, as he loved excursion such as the one from Urbus to the dungeon. Toothpick recalled seeing Teayre's group taking a path to the other side of the mountain during his own trek, and assumed they were entering the dungeon from an entrance opposite to Ssendom's. He would've personally asked where they were headed were it not for the great distance between the party and himself. "I wonder where they are now," he mused, the cave offered no answer.

(OOC's Twin: Also, Ssendom is aware that I am making the intro post, no worries) 

Ssendom strolled up to the entrance of the Cave he stated he was going to. The player who referred to himself as Toothpick had agreed to go off ahead and meet up at the cave that Dom chose. Upon reaching the cave he looked at the man who sat upon a degraded stalagmite, "Well, it doesn't seem like many others are willing to come and join this little grouping." He said in an honest tone, "I'll see if Teayre is willing to pass off her group over to me so you're not alone when farming. Let's see if we can retrofit you with some extra stuff to keep you safe for the most part." He said out loud, he then proceeded to drop his inventory menu and strummed through it looking for anything that might be helpful. He found one of his bloodrage crystal and his spicy taco, he then shrugged and pulled them both out then tossed them to him. "The crystal creates a large pooling of rage, it was specially crafted for me to increase my overall damage output during the Floor Boss fights. It can be rather difficult to control. And this taco will allow the system to further guide your blade into striking the target. That's about all I have that won't completely hinder you." He said with a truthful tone in his voice. He made sure to leave out the fact that the taco was crafted to be finger burning, tongue scorching... and it had the ability to make people lose their taste buds for awhile.

-1 Super Spicy Taco

-1 Ssendom's Bloodrage.

Edited by Ssendom

The scimitar poked into the crevice it'd carved one last time as Tooothpick looked up to greet Ssendom, blade retracting and sword-arm falling half-limp at his side. The other rose to give a short wave, "Hey." He was curious about the business Ssendom came from, but he restrained himself from asking, it'd come up if the situation called for it. "They're pretty far off from what I can tell, Teayre and the others, we'd be better off simply meeting up in the dungeon, assuming we're all entering the same one, just at different ends," forearms drooped themselves onto kneecaps, Toothpick's dreamy countenance watching as Ssendom filed through his menu. He caught the items effortlessly, finding it odd he was able to grab the taco with his sword hand without damaging it, or dropping the scimitar. "Items to do what I can't...." Awkwardly sheathing his scimitar, Toothpick tapped away at the menu, looking over the item's details, "Though, are you sure you want to give me a perfect potion for something as simple as this? These things are quite valuable from what I understand," vanishing the two away and into his inventory with the flash of pixels, he looked back up to Ssendom, "I'll use them when we enter....but honestly, I feel like I''m being spoiled...heh.....still, thanks."

~~~

+1 [Potion] Ssendom's Bloodrage (+3 Damage for the duration of the thread)
+1 [Super Spicy Food] Super Spicy Taco (+1 BD for duration of the thread)

Edited by Toothpick

Ssendom crossed his arms looking at the man who consumed the items he had bombarded him with, "Honestly, being the richest man on this world. It doesn't take much for me to reobtain those. Infact I have over 30 more of the potion in creation as we speak. Also since I am a cook, I can make the Taco whenever I so please especially since I am a high level cook at that." He stated truthfully, he then shrugged his shoulder when the man said he felt as though he were being spoiled. Ssendom then began to walk into the cave, "Well don't get used to getting spoiled anyways, not many would do it. Plus if I were to assist you in combat, the monsters would be far too much for you to handle. I am going to stay at enough of a distance behind you as to not spawn anything too strong, but if you get into a bit of a jam I can quickly and swiftly eliminate the creature before it has an honest chance to even begin to harm you." He mentioned to the man, making him aware that he was practically going to be fighting solo aside from a Guardian Angel sort of situation when it comes to the hulk of a man that watch over him.

" 'Richest man in the world?', 'High level cook?' You've clearly been keeping busy right from the start," Toothpick kicked off from his seat, turning about to face the darkness which starkly contrasted with the light he'd been staring off into merely moments ago. Things could be made out from nothing, their outlines, but not their forms, "Don't worry, I'm ever a one to settle my own affairs if I can. Ironic considering that those two items will be the crutch through which I can even dent most of whatever lives in here, but the fact remains." He turned about, walking back towards the path and tapping the "chair" with the tip of his boot in passing. He looked down the path once he could, seeing there was no-one, "Are there any others who are coming with us? I wasn't keeping track at the fountain, everyone parted ways so quickly, didn't feel like that gathering had any fallout, if you know what I mean."

"If you think that's all I have accomplished, you would be sorely mistaken." He said with a wicked grin, he cleared his throat making it seem as though he was about to go on a long winded speal, "I am one of the five main leaders of the strongest guild in Aincrad, Commandant of Azure Brigade. I possess the title for inflicting the killing blow on the eleventh floor boss, Slayer of the Forsaken Crusader. I am apart of the Front Lines for the 12th floor boss, and that is where my story begins." He said in a very loud and incredibly proud manner, he then chuckled and turned his head to the ceiling, "I am also a bit of a Masochist since the only time I find myself having fun in this world is when I am on the brink of death itself." He laughed in a way that made it seem as if he knew he was crazy in itself. Toothpick then asked if anyone else was joining them, to which Ssendom shook his head, "Noone is, or atleast none that I know of. Hence why I gave you those expensive items." He said bluntly.

A smile on Toothpick’s part, “So that’s where I heard the name, and here I was thinking it was just a case of de-ja-vu!” With a leisurely gait he turned about and returned to the mouth of the cave, Ssendom’s reassurance enough for him to head off. “I’ve read through reports done on your guild, you see, I like keeping myself informed.” His left gestured with an open palm, “It’s comforting to know that Its amazing to think I’ve already got into a friendly stroll with someone such as yourself, goes to show just how much being a little outgoing can do for you. Would you mind sharing the story of the Crusader fight?” Toothpick looked into the cave, and back to Ssendom, nodding towards the dark for him to follow. “While we walk, of course.” Toothpick took the lead, stepping over a crumbled “tooth” and entering the darkness. The notification of a BD deduction wrought on by field effects was soon to let loose the spicy wrath of the taco, as Toothpick summoned it to negate the darkness’s effects, unaware of the mistake he was to make as he raised it for a chomp.  

Ssendom looked at Toothpick who seemed to be interested in the information that had to do with the Forsaken Crusader fight, "Well, to be honest. The fight was rather bland, it was fast as the entire Front Lines was overleveled. Normally a Floor Boss can take multiple hours to deal with, we had the boss dead in less than half an hour. I happened to be the one to inflict the remaining bits of it's life, The fight wasn't as good as I had wished. Though I have a feeling that the bosses will only escalate in difficulty scale as we're quickly pushing the line on the overleveled since." He said truthfully, he didn't really seem to interested in the fight as he explained it. "I think we can talk about that later, you might want to keep your eyes forward, and I have a feeling that you haven't invested points into Night Vision just yet." he stated as his eyes changed from their piercing and intimidating red, to a glowing green signifying that his night vision skill had activated, "Make sure you pay attention to your surroundings."

The darkness gained ridges and shape, abstract lines with a dark blue gleam, dumbed down by frequent reflection. Toothpick looked for things that weren’t there, but only a hollow sound, and Ssendom’s voice. “Bland? Better than dead, though it wasn’t a ‘good fight’, shouldn’t we be thankful for it’s promptness? Our numbers are only going down, after all.” He looked back to Ssendom, a shadowy form,  waving the Taco about in the air for a moment. “Oh, yeah, the road ahead-I think I’ll I eat up the Taco now, to deal with the BD deduction,” he turned back to see a dimly lit vine, winding up to the dark. The first bite, then the second, tasty and moist, then the spice, and he stopped in his tracks. It cut hot, and spread like the spicy flame of hot sauce bottles. Almost instinctively, Toothpick reach for the cask on his belt, but quickly opted to summon the potion instead, the straps too hard to undo in the dark. Silently suffering, he thumbed the cork off, gripping the bottle tight as he raised it to his lips and guzzled away, audible chugs. The sour taste sent a rumbling shiver down his spine, and while it placated the hotness, it also numbed the taco’s taste entirely. “Damn…..” A breath to recollect himself, his vision pulsing red for a moment, he looked down to the crushed remains of the Taco, squashed by his clenched fist. He tossed the empty glass aside, holding his dirtied hand up to face-level. “....You should’ve told me that your Taco was spicy as hell…..jesus…..” The respective status markers for his bonuses popped up on the interface, he payed them no mind.  

~~~

- 1 Super Spicy Taco, 1 Ssendom's Bloodrage

+ 3 Damage, 1 BD for the thread.

Edited by Toothpick

Ssendom laughed when he saw the poor boy struggle with the heat of his Taco, then the man mentioned he would have enjoyed the notice before hand about taco's spiciness, "Well if I forewarn you, I wouldn't get the honest opinion on the heat level. I did the math and learned what the best mixture for the spiciest of tastes would be. I wouldn't be a good chef if I didn't do my homework." He laughed even more up until he heard the glass shatter against the wall, he then changed his pitch and tone completely, "Now you're going to have to fight yourself at the same time as fighting the monsters around, that potion has the ability to bring your most primal state of rage out and it's easy to lose focus. Since I am the one looking over you, I will not hesitate to stop you in your tracks. And we both know you don't want me to do that, so work to keep control over yourself and focus all your rage on them. And when you think it's over it isn't, it builds back up quickly so it will take some mental fortitude. You ready?" He informed the man before asking him and although Toothpick couldn't see Ssendom, the Dreadnought was grinning from ear to ear excited to see the fruits of Piera's work with his personal concoction. He was especially excited to see how someone else would deal with the sheer amount of rage he was able to control.

“Honesty, accuracy, may they both be damned to the spicy hell that was my tounge,” already, the effects of the potion broke through in his voice. He wiped the last dribblets of potion off his lips with his clean hand, shaking the other clean of it’s taco as he listened. How is this even possible?.....such a baseless anger, Kayaba was doubtlessly a genius “You wont need to do anything but watch my back, I’m not the emotionally unstable teenager, wouldn’t be here if I was,” Toothpick unsheathed his scimitar, audible click, and brief reflection of light. The last traces of true light died down, replaced by a hollow glow, pierced by bloodshot eyes. They walked, the trickle of water soon reverberating against the walls. The convening snickers of an unseen mob followed, “We have company, though you already know that,” he twirled the blade in his grip. “You speak as if I’m your test dummy, is that true?” Toothpick scanned the dark for the threats in question, blade twirling to a halt.   

Ssendom laughed heartily as he watched the mob scurry to the backside of Toothpick, he found this creatures movements benine at best. He then turned his laughter to Toothpick asking if he were Ssendom's personally test dummy, though his laugh wasn't meant in a rude way. His laugh more so was his reaction to being so easily caught, though he wasn't at all trying to hide it. "The mob is at your six. And yes, you are my personal test dummy." He said honestl, he then made a loud whistle. After a brief second a purple flaming phoenix whelp darted from behind the entire group stopping on Ssendom, making the cave a little brighter, but not enough so to remove the effects of low light issues. "This here is Amethyst, He will be your personal healer. So you don't have to be super careful. Go ahead and engage the mob whenever before it engages you." He added to his honesty.

(OOC: I will not join combat else wise you wont get materials and col. I will just save you if needed.)

“Figures,” Toothpick turned on a pivot, eyes flicking to the phoenix for a moment, before darting over to the green that was revealed by it’s light. A goblin clad in a tattered cloak of a dusty brown, hands wrapped about a wooden stick, barbed with spikes, and just as weathered as his attire. His left ear twitched, his smile widened, “Humans~” he spoke through snickers, a sideways glance aimed at Ssendom, to the darkness, then back to Toothpick. Sentient? Toothpick would’ve said something, “....” The goblin’s smile grew, mace-hand raising behind it’s back, and mace pointed towards Toothpick, and diagonally upwards, obviously telegraphing a horizontal swing. “TAKE THIS!~” The goblin charged, Toothpick tensed up, ready to react. When the goblin neared, Toothpick backstepped, and the steadfast smile winked, horizontal swing revealed to be a thrust as diagonal jolted down into straight, and forward towards fragile ribs. ah Sentient With artificial instinct, Toothpick rebounded from the backstep with blade glowing red and swinging upwards with speeds faster than him and the twist of his torso. What normally would’ve hit, didn’t, and steadfast smile widened, it’s mace knocked up in the air with the red, but the red did not fade, instead, it flowed. Following it’s momentum, it curved up until it went down behind what was once Toothpick’s backside, and horizontally, towards the smile’s side. Using it’s own momentum, the smile turned a one handed grip into a two-handed, twirling on it’s foot, and using the miniscule of time left to brace itself. The red clashed, and slid off the mace, smile unharmed, and red steadfast. Before he could fully recover, the red curved up and down again, swinging in a circle this time, and knocking the unguarded goblin back into the air and back, a slash mark up his belly, and a giggling countenance. The goblin skidded across the ground, sliding before Ssendom’s boots, back to the ground, mace in hand, cloak ruined, and belly exposed. The goblin looked up to meet Ssendom’s eyes, pearly whites showing, and green skin with a violet hue, “Heya!~” The red faded, and Toothpick looked down to his blade Sword art? but how?  A new, blue light gleamed in a singular moment of brightness against Toothpick’s back, illuminating the rock wall before him with his double shadow. Instinctively, Toothpick swung the scimitar horizontally, spinning to face his backside in the hopes of catching whatever was approaching in the chest. Whiz, and clang, Toothpick’s arm flying back and grip on the Scimitar weakening, if only for a moment. An arrow with a shattered tip recoiled back, landing a few feet infront of him, a faint blue light dying within it. The goblin looked to the darkness once again, but it was not empty, a pair of white eyes and bow. it can use Skills A new smile, it rose it’s spare hand up, index and middle finger bunched together and pointed upwards, the rest bunched up in a fist, and bow held at her side by her left. She was dressed in pillaged clothing, “COME AND GET IT!~”

~~~

(OOC: Welp, first combat post) 

Mace Goblin
HP: 4/8
Damage: 6
MD: 2 (Failure)
ID# 36861

Toothpick
HP: 12/12
Damage: 1+3
BD: 7+1-1 (Hit)
ID# 36869

Archer Goblin
HP: 5/5
Damage: 2
MD: 2+1+1 (Failure)
ID# 36870
Passive: Night vision +1 MD in the dark
Passive: Archer's Respite As long as 1 action range from target is maintained, +1 MD
Passive: 2-Finger Taunt  Spawns 1 action range away from players

Edited by Toothpick
inb4 England vs France reference

Ssendom stood intrigued with the battle, this was the first time he had come in contact with standard floor mobs that were sentient and had the ability to talk. He shrugged and stood still, he saw Toothpick do some impressive work to stay out of harms way and turn the disadvantage into an advantageous move. He then looked over at Amethyst easily seen by the light the bird emanated naturally, "Amethyst, when you see Toothpicks health reach into the yellow. Immediately fly over and heal him, Alright?" He asked but in a way that informed the bird, though at the same time trying to keep a level of decency with it as if it were a player or person itself. Amethyst then grinned and chirped happily, then the phoenix whelp flew over and landed on the shoulder of Toothpick. After all this transpired, Ssendom got up on a rock then sat upon it leaning forward to watch the fight. The goblin tried to talk to the Dreadnought, but he simply ignored the mob to sit down and relax.

(OOC: I swapped the order of their attacks to ensure continuity, but the Archer Goblin still has the 3rd roll, and the Club, the first. It didn't make sense to make it so that the club goblin successfully attacked first when he was distanced from Toothpick) 

The rage urged him to finish a job left undone, the goblin propping himself on his elbow and staring at Toothpick with a sly grin, waiting. The fading blue slash-mark clashing with green was enough to set Toothpick on edge, and in moment of indecision between his logical side and the red, the flash of blue, and an arrow. Toothpick swung with primal fervor once again, and surprisingly, caught the arrow by its tip. Alas, the recoil got the better of him, and his sword was sent flying, one short cry all it made when bronze hit rock. His friend cheered him on with a high-pitched giggle, his green hand gripping the club tight, and kicking off from the ground, breaking into a charge towards the human. Toothpick saw him as he approached, dodging his first swing with a backstep, and the second with a side, the two dancing their way closer to the Archer, who paused and watched in amusement. The goblin was unrelenting, and Toothpick, inexperienced, and as such, the back of his boot’s heel met a sturdy rock. He fell. The goblin swung down, Toothpick rolled away, and the club was swiped at Toothpick’s exposed back with the clack of wooden tip grinding against solid rock before the eventual connection. The spikes bore into his back, and Toothpick was knocked ragged. Instead of pressing the advantage, the goblin slammed the butt of his club down to the ground, leaning into it like a cane, smiling. Her finger rose to the bowstring, and he glanced back at her as he heard it, raising his hand into an open palm, she blinked at him, confused, then complied, lowering her bow. Toothpick grunted, pushing himself off the ground, some muted faucet of his senses had felt that blow. “I’ve got YOUR back human~” the green smirked, raising his club into a two-handed grasp. And I’ll get yours Toothpick dusted himself off, glancing to the archer She wont follow orders for long He rose his fists up unarmed, scimitar, same amount of damage His foe snickered, his health bar glowed red, and the purple light drew near one more hit like that

(OOC's Twin: I'll leave the healing to Ssendom) 

~~~

Toothpick moved closer to Archer Goblin

Archer Goblin
Damage: 2
MD: 2+1+1 (Failure)

ID# 36957
Passive: Archer's Respite As long as 1 action range from target is maintained, +1 MD

Toothpick
HP: 4/12

ID# 36956

Mace Goblin
Damage: 6+2
MD: 10 (Perfect)

ID# 36955

Ssendom watched as Toothpick was beginning to struggle with the two different mobs, 'You know, I could just leave him be and he'd probably die. But I am not that kind of man.' He thought to himself, leaning back on the slopped rock he sat upon. "Amethyst, you know what to do." He shouted to his bird, "Also Toothpick, focus on killing one. If you divert your attention between the two and equally notch them down you'll end up dying in the field. Especially if they get a very advantageous angle on your body." He shouted to Toothpick informing him of his slight mistake, while Amethyst enveloped Toothpick in a purple flame lighting up the entire room at the moment. As the fire dissipated Dom watched as Toothpicks health exited the red zone and returned to full health. "Destroy the Mace Wielder, he will be the reason you might die Toothpick." He finished shouting before yawning.

Toothpick's HP: 12/12 (+8(15) Hp)

The goblin was more delicate with his approach, holding the butt end of the mace out infront him, boots sliding across the ground, and closer to their target. His brow raised at the purple flame enveloping Toothpick, looking back the spectating human once he realized it’s source. He knew Ssendom would be an issue of his own, but in due time, and only then; he seemed apathetic. “SHUT UP~” The archer giggled, and Toothpick wanted to agree, but behind every word was experience, in message and purpose; he wouldn’t shun either, even if testosterone pumped through him. The two circled each other, weaned off the notion of a blind charge thanks to the events prior. Seeing an opportunity, the goblin swung upwards and diagonally as with a quicker step than before, his smile dulled. Toothpick dodged, nearly tripping, only catching himself because of the previous failure. The goblin thrusted, and Toothpick sidestepped, scooping the scimitar up from the ground as he did, and taking an arrow to the arm for his efforts. Both of them paused to glare at the archer, who giggled nervously, her the arrow vanishing as it was born, in blue.

~~~

Mace Goblin
MD: 4 (Miss)

ID# 37063

Toothpick
HP: 8/12

BD:2 (Failure)
ID# 37064

Archer Goblin
Damage: 2+2

ID# 37068
Passive: Archer's Respite As long as 1 action range from target is maintained, +1 MD (unfulfilled)

Edited by Toothpick

Ssendom chuckles knowing he was beginning to piss off the goblin archer, and he didn't even care that he was doing so since he was far superior to the lowly mob. He could also tell he was beginning to annoy toothpick who was doing his best to keep himself in check. "You know the drill Amethyst." He blunted stated to his Phoenix which enveloped Toothpick in it's flame again. The bird and Ssendom were very insistent on doing little to help, but making sure at the same time to keep the low leveled players health topped off one hundred percent of the time. "Now Toothpick, focus on the spot you want to hit then let the system guide you through. Do so and the system will almost always ensure that the attack lands, unless the mob is able to figure out where you're attack." He informed the man again giving him helpful hints.

[Toothpick 12/12 (+4(15) HP)]

Purple warmth dulled even the illusion of pain, and once again, his health bar went up to green. The red obscured his pity, for they would be the true victors of the fight were it not for Ssendom’s influence. But pity was not mercy, and they would not be fighting were it not for Ssendom; Toothpick figured the goblin came to the same conclusion, hence his grimace, but neither spoke. The goblin raised his club up, holding it at a diagonal angle, and breaking into a charge towards Toothpick, feinting a horizontal slash. Is he? Toothpick shrugged off the confusion, raising his scimitar over his shoulder, posture shifted, spare hand held out, blade facing the cavern ceiling. Ssendom’s advice reminded Toothpick of a scimitar sword art he’d seen prior, the perfect finisher for whatever the goblin had in store. The red returned, and as the goblin thrusted, so too did Toothpick, and goblin was no more. One last smile, “Well fought….human,” and blue shards gave way to a small orb dimly glowing blue, an item within, the goblins club, split in half, and soon to follow him.

Name: Monster's Sacrifice

ID# 37087

Roll: 18+1

Item Type: Leather Armor

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: +3 Mit

Description

“WHAT NEVER WAS CANNOT BE”
MAY THAT RESOLUTION SHEILD THEE

A tattered shawl of a murky green color that goes about the neck, tight

She gasped, and Toothpick looked up to return her stare. The fight was not over. In an almost childish disbelief, her eyes glossed over for a moment that was short lived and replaced with red. She drew and fired. Toothpick ducked underneath, grabbing at the small orb as the arrow whizzed overhead. Notification, "Monster's sacrifice". He broke into a charge towards her. Unwise, and he took a arrow to the knee as penance, a wavering blue fading into pixels as it knocked him to the ground. She relished it. Another followed, and it sunk into his back before he could push off the ground and continue his advance. It too faded, blue scars all that remained.

~~~

Toothpick obtained Uncommon Item "Monster's Sacrifice"

Mace Goblin -DEAD-
HP: 0/8
MD: 1 (Perfect Fail)

ID# 37088

Toothpick
HP: 8/12

BD:8 (Hit)
LD: 18+1
ID# 37087

Archer Goblin
Damage: 2+2

ID# 37089
Passive: Archer's Respite As long as 1 action range from target is maintained, +1 MD (unfulfilled)

Edited by Toothpick

Ssendom waved his hand toward his pet Amethyst who immediately had his bird bathe Toothpick in it's glorious purple flame to ensure Toothpick was topped off completely, the bird then landed on Toothpicks shoulder again and got cozy upon it. "Good job, now finish up this fight so we can continue on." He said lazily as he was beginning to get bored of the fight. The Archer was being a pathetic coward and that always bothered Ssendom, he hated cowards he had absolutely no respect for them. At this point he was beginning to close his eyes to go to sleep, he couldn't wait to start walking with a purpose again.