(PP-F4) Going Down <<Avalanche>> COMPLETE

<<Avalanche>>

This quest takes place on Floor 4
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

mb_avalanche.png

Word from the Information Brokers speaks of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 4. A small party reported having farmed the <<Ice Elementals>> found throughout the Tundra awakened a hidden Field Boss in the form of a giant <<Ice Elemental>>. This monster, identified as <<Avalanche>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low leveled party, and dropped a powerful Alchemical Concotion.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] pages of Rp  (21 or more posts)

-Avalanche must be defeated

-Maximum Party Size of 3

-Repeat completions will only yield <<Snowfrost>>

Avalanche Information:

<Avalanche> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 24

Rewards:

1. <<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle. [The wearer will only take half damage from the burning damage over time effect]
  2. 3 Skill Points

Parties or Groups of low level players are allowed
Recommended Level: 12

Edited by Manta Gaul

Manta waited on the fourth floor on the outskirts of the safe zone, waiting for Koumori to show up. She was wearing the cyan blue jack she had gotten from Sousuke a couple of days earlier, but underneath it she was all decked out for battle. Except for her weapon. Going after a boss without a good weapon was pretty dangerous, but she thought she had the sword skills necessary to do it if she was backed up by Koumori. It was a bit reckless, but she had been waiting for a while for her sword and couldn't put off her leveling for any longer. Plus, she still had her evasion enhanced breastplate and regening gauntlets. She had pulled the hood up and was currently blowing into her hands to keep them warm.

I got yet another message from Manta, this time asking me if I wanted to do the Avalanche quest with her. I had already done it before with Grave but other than that I had no reason to turn her down so I accepted. Since it was on the fourth floor, I got my gear ready and headed out after a few minutes. When I stepped out of the gate at Snowfrost Town I began thinking about what Manta would say to me. Or treat me. After the whole girl thing I wondered what would happen in our relationship. I'd get some jokes for sure. Still, it was worth it, even in the end. I saw her standing waiting for me so I began to approach her. "Hey" was all I said when I got near her. 

Manta smiled as she saw Koumori draw near. "Hey Kou!" She shouted out to him as he approached. When he got closer all he said was 'Hey'. She wondered what was wrong with him. Had something happened? If he was still worried about the whole girl prank, she wasn't upset. Now, if he had been a girl, and had been trying to seduce her boyfriend, that would have been a different story. "What's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" She stepped forward and gave him a gentle hug.

When Manta saw me she looked happy to see me. Good, looked like I was in the clear. She also seemed kind of confused when I only greeted her with a "hey". When I stood next to her she asked me if I was okay before stepping over and hugging me. Wasn't expecting that. I thought it was weird that she was suddenly just normally hugging me like that. Didn't matter though, I just ignored it. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I said to her softly. 

"If your worried about the whole girl thing, it was a nice prank." She said, before stopping the hug and backing up a step. "Plus, I still have that skirt for you to try on sometime." She said, grinning wickedly, only halfway joking. Her smiled faded back into a serious expression. "Anyways, I called you here for fighting this boss, because the only weapon I have right now is this thing." She unsheathed her sword and waved it around. It was an extremely simple rapier, obviously a starter weapon. "I can deal a good bit of damage even with this because of my skills, but i'd rather be safe. It'd be nice to be able to brag about killing a boss with a starter weapon, but I'd rather not risk death."

"Yeah. I feel like we could use that as a secret weapon. Saw that in a manga once." I said trying to add in a joke. She would think I wasn't okay if I did add a joke. She threw me a wicked smile and reminded me she still had a skirt for me to wear. "Oh how very kind of you." I said with the same grin before whispering a jab just loud enough for her to hear "it'd look better on me anyway" That sounded like me being back to normal. Her smiled quickly faded into a serious expression as she began telling me the situation. She showed me the lame starter weapon she was walking and said that's why she needed my help. "Okay so you wanted backup, that's what I figured. Then I'm your man."

"I don't know about looking better.... But we can test that when there are more people around." She said back to him, smirking. She sheathed the crappy sword and exited the safe zone. "I got the information from a broker, the boss is a ways this way. I think I could take him alone, but i'd rather have you at my back. I'd trust you with my life, even if I don't trust you not to try to steal Sousuke again." She still couldn't shake the feeling that he wanted Sousuke for himself, even if that was probably the furthest thing from the truth.

"Hehe yeah..." I didn't want that to happen so I abandoned that line of dialogue. She put her sword away and pointed in the direction we were going. She told me she wanted me there because she trusted me with her life, but not to not steal her...seriously. Ugh. "Are you for real? Do you seriously think I'm gay or something?" Just the thought sent shivers down my spine. What was that girl thinking? Was she trying to piss me off? We'd better get going before things got even worse. "Let's just go" I said as I started off in the direction she showed me. 

Manta looked over at him for a second. "You say that, but you put on a pretty convincing show. Maybe it's just that your more of a girl at heart?" It certainly was a very strange conversation, but he had caused her mistrust about that aspect of himself. "All right. Lets just go then, and hopefully things will go back to the way they were before you decided to try being a trap." She continued forwards, her feet making deep footprints in the snow. "So, you have any new tricks up your sleeves? And do you think we should have a strategy for this boss, or just jump in and start hacking away?"

"You hurt me. But hey I was only trying to trick him, how did I end up tricking you?" Then I muttered to myself "inner girl my butt" She really had come to know me pretty well. Not based on what she said, but the kind of stuff she was saying. She knew how I worked and I knew how she worked. It was funny how that happened in such a short time. Like she said I really did trust her with my life and I'm glad she felt the same way despite what I did. Although I don't think it was the same caliber trust in that case. I cringed when she called me a trap. I wanted to keep my mouth shut but I wanted to know what she thought more. "Shut up. Was I really that convincing? Have I looked like a girl this whole time?" If I did that would be a big blow to my ego. "Nope, nothing yet. I'm close though. You've got better moves right? We should be able to take him as long as we watch our energy."

"Your right, we should be able to beat them without any trouble. And even though your acting is terrible you do make a pretty convincing girl, just cause of your face. It all comes together when you put a skirt on, no one would even consider your a guy." She paused. "Still, when you aren't trying to act like a girl your pretty obviously a guy. You just have one of those pixie-like faces." She stopped speaking as they approached the bosses spawn area. "When he spawns, Ill attack first, then we'll switch." She debated equipping her other item. It was probably a good idea as her sword wasn't giving her any enhancements at the moment.

"What do you mean my acting was terrible? What was wrong with my acting?" Why was I encouraging her? "Well at least I have that much going for me" I said when she confessed when I acted normally I was clearly a guy. But I still had a girly face, that much I had figured out. We finally reached the area where the boss spawned. She went over the plan and I nodded. "Right, ladies first."

Manta walked forwards, into the spawning area, her sword drawn and prepared to leap out of the way of any attack. It was only a few moments before the gigantic ice elemental spawned, coming right up out of the snow a few feet in front of her. Almost immediately it slammed a fist down towards her, and she dived out of the way, unable to counterattack. The ground shook as the fist hit the ground and Manta sized up her opponent, looking for an opening. There should be plenty with a mob this big.

Boss Info

HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 24

ID# 36354 results:

MOB: 7 (-4)=3 Miss

Manta: 56/56

Koumori: 52/52

Manta walked ahead and into the spawn area. As soon as her foot hit the snow the familiar ice creature emerged from the white powder. Before she could get ready, the ice monster shot down its massive fist at Manta. Luckily she was able to get out of the way but she wasn't able to retaliate. Fortunately I was. I unsheathed my black blade and charged at it. It's fist was still in the ground so I hoped up on it and ran up to its head. I activated the skill <Vertical Arc> and carved its signature red V right into its face. I fell back to the snow and rolled backwards before calling out to Manta. "Switch!"

ID: 36355

BD: 7+1=8 (5x4=20)

Manta 56/56

Koumori 52/52

The Avalanche 80/100

Energy 9/13

Manta charged in at the boss while it was paying attention to Koumori. She activated a sword skill and leaped up, tracing a cross into its stomach using six strikes, to match the V from Koumori's attack. She pushed off of its chest and landed on the ground, bending her knees to cushion the impact. "Switch! Its almost to half health already!" She called out to encourage Koumori. The ice monster was large, but it was also very slow, and easy to dodge. Their only real issue would be their energy.

ID# 36362 results:

Battle: 8 Hit (Used <<Crucifixion>>, 6x1)=24 DMG

MOB: 6 (-4)= 2 Miss

Manta 56/56

Koumori 52/52

The Avalanche 56/100

Manta followed up with my attack very quickly. She leaped above me and carved an cross into the creatures chest. It was going surprisingly well for us so far. No doubt our evasion was a big help. She hit the snow and screamed to me. I held my sword tighter and smiled. "Not even half? Let's fix that!" I activated <Vertical Arc> once again, not because I was a one trick pony but because it was my strongest skill with the lowest energy, and made another large V on its chest to accompany the cross. "Switch! He's on the ropes now!"

ID: 36367

BD: 8 (same)

Manta 56/56

Koumori 52/52

The Avalanche 36/100

Energy 6/10

Manta watched as Koumori activated his sword skill again. Manta charge at the elemental, swinging her sword at it's leg. It must have noticed her though, and it kicked that leg towards her. She dived out of the way and turned to confront it again, but this time one of it's fists was flying at her, She rolled this time, coming back up on her feet a few feet away from the impact zone. She hoped Koumori would take advantage of the opportunity.

ID# 36379 results:

Battle: 5 Miss

MOB: 4 (-4)=4

Manta 56/56

Koumori 52/52

The Avalanche 36/100

Energy 6/14

Manta attempted another hit but couldn't land it. Instead she ended up dodging another blow from the creature as it tried to kick and punch her. I saw my opening and used its distraction to my advantage. I ran up behind it and leaped into the air yet again. I activated my new favorite skill and made the mark of Zorro on its back. Well Zorro was a Z and this was a V, but what's the difference? The creature lurched forward and let out a bone chilling scream. It's health was severely low at that point and it was beginning to feel the pain. I smiled and called out to Manta who was still kneeling in the snow. "Are you sure that I'm the backup here? Pull your weight and finish him off!" I judged a friendship partially based on what kind of jokes I could make with them. People were only my true friends if I was comfortable with making any kind of joke with them knowing they'd still know I cared. Manta was a true friend. 

Koumori was right, she needed to beat this boss and pull her own weight. She was strong enough, fast enough, brave enough. Nothing could stop her if she believed in herself. "RAAARGHH!" She shouted as her battle cry as she charged forwards, her arms strong, and her blade accurate. She believed in herself! She would kill the boss, and her name would be known all over Sword Art Online. Of course, that was when her foot tapped on a pebble below the snow line. As if in slow motion she fell face first into the snow, just as the giant foot of the boss stomped on her and ground her into the dirt, turning it's attention back to Koumori.

This was not going well for her. 

ID# 36427 results:

Battle: 1 Miss

MOB: 10 Crit Hit

Manta 30/56 (-26)

Koumori 52/52

The Avalanche 16/100

Energy 4/14

Edited by Manta Gaul