[PP:F4] Essence of Steel (Opal)

Teayre had finished her crafts for the day, a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek and onto her workbench. Looking down at the three items in front of her and the three orders she had been given the red head hadn’t managed to succeed on the orders instead she made the items just short of the required standard. “This happened with Kalesh… I wonder if they would be up for doing Essence of Steel to get the item up.” Flicking her finger down Teayre began to write out a message for Opal. Scooping the Strength of the Blood Oath up the red haired girl heads towards the outskirts of town where she waits looking into the distance of the winter wonderland.

Clad in white and red, the female slowly walked towards the player that would appear to be Tearye in the distance, it seems since the last time they had met, both of their appearances had changed, but for Opal it was much more than that. Her personality had taken an anti-social dive. Since those long weeks, she had seen many horrors in her life and with the completion of her training, the woman was now impossibly stoic...well, most of the time. Gaining attention from the red and black figure, Opal stood beside Teayre and smiled, "Another wonderful day on floor four..." she had clasped in her hand the Masamune, a lengthy blade of an unorthodox nature. The darkened hilt along with the seven foot blade made it a monstrosity of a weapon as far as Katana go, however, she needed this weapon not in name only, but for the pure knowledge she was the only one in Aincrade who could wield this deadly beautiful creation. 

"Thanks for calling me out, I know it's been some time since we last spoke...How about we get started mowing down some mobs. Hopefully I don't run into trouble like last time we were out here. I am also unfamiliar with this quest, would you mind taking the lead?" 

• 2 weeks later...

Teayre turned her head as Opal appeared the girl grumbling about being on floor four. A small smile briefly appeared on the girl’s lips as she looked over the other katana user. “It’s not that cold you know?” Her hand gently rested on the Oikawa Kanashiki as Teayre began to press forwards down the path that led towards the field of ice golems. “Hopefully it won’t take too long to do.” Biting her lip Teayre glanced for a second at Opal sighing before she turned back to the path. “It has been quite a while, how’re you finding this game? I see you’ve changed your outfit as well.” Teayre stumbled for a moment as she was walking along, “What was that?” Her eyes dart to all the possible areas mobs could be hiding but nothing could be seen, giving off a heavy sigh the red head her eyes meet her companion’s. "The quest itself is quite simple, enter the cave filled with high level monsters, find one in particular kill it and get the item drop. This monster however doesn't pay any heed to mitigation."

• 3 months later...

"Right..." Opal said as they trekked through darkened snowfall. The air was cold and chill, a slight numbness encompassing the woman as she shifted from right to left as she walked, bearing down huge steps to trek easily through the white powder. As they started for the mob fields, the woman brought about her katana to eye level, the Masamune X reflecting the disarray amber eyes as she swept it over her one shoulder. As they came up to a clearing the voice of feminine singing could be heard. Crystalline ice beings skated along on the ice and snow as they had yet to notice the two katana wielding females. 

Opal narrowed her eyes, it was time to show off her stuff to the woman just behind her. <<Charging>> off with the Masamune X dragging behind her, the woman engaged <<Disguise>> blending in with the snow around her giving her a small jump from the Frozen Maidens. Activating her sword art, the odiachi screamed in waves of ivory and silver as she sliced thoroughly twice with long sweeps then all together destroyed the remaining with quick slashes. 

Finding comfort in her skills, Opal picked up the four materials left behind and placed them neatly into her inventory for storage later. "I guess that could have been better, but I am not the novice I used to be. Thanks to you, ever since that day, I've been keeping you as a sort of role model. You and Master Myoga are well helped me drive to this success." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 152/152
EN: 18/38
Sword Art: Amatsu no Humara || 20 EN || 120 Dmg - 21 Mit= 100 Dmg

Teayre's HP: 169/169
EN: ?

Frozen Maiden: o/85 HP || 21 Mit || Dmg: 63:  x4

ID: 50256
BD: 2+3+1 = 6 
MD: Gutted
LD: 8 
Loot: +4 Mats

Edited by Opal

Smirking to herself as Opal dashes off in front of her Teayre follows the girl with her eyes before closing them for a second. Watching as she bursts out of the snow dismembering four of the Ice maidens. Grinning to herself as she watched the sword play of her companion. “How long has it been since that day? Too long I think.” Nodding as Opal replies to her Teayre pauses for a moment. “Really? Me? You must be mistaken Opal, I’m not one who could be a role model.” Her fingers went ideally through her menu before she swapped the Oikawa Kanashiki out for the Muramasa.

Turning her head to the side a movement catches Teayre’s eye. Without a seconds thought she dashes off her eyes closing for a second as her <Concentration> skill activates. Her legs flexing as she <Charges> into the four ice figures that had been sweeping over the hill towards them. Quickly spinning several times the long silver blade having a deep amethyst glow to it. As she comes to a halt her blade is sheathed once more. Tossing her hair back over her shoulder and out of the way the crimson maiden walks back over towards her party member. “So, where were we? Something about me being a role model?” She asks a smile on her face as she dismisses the loot window.

Spoiler

ID: 50259 BD: 6 (2 + 3 ACC + 1 Concentration) CD: 2 LD: 21 (19 + 2 LD) MD: 1 (Nat)

Opals HP: 152/152

Teayre's HP: 169/169
EN: 41/41
Sword Art: Amatsu no Humara || 20 EN ||(15 * 10) – 30 MIT = 120 DMG

Frozen Maiden: 0/120 HP | 30 MIT | DMG: 63: x4
Loots:
4 x Materials
4 x Bonus Materials
4 x (120*5) Col = 2400 Col.

Edited by Teayre

The crimson harbinger had brought a group of different Frozen Maidens to their knees much like Opal had done. In a flash of amethyst light, she pulled out her own variation of the Amatsu no Humara. Opal stood still and watched only with a brief aw like expression graced her face. The woman, red lips and all smiled as Tea made the comment about being a role model. Opal shook the dragging ends of her ebony hair, scooping them with her hand and weaving the locks behind her ear, "Still and forever," she said softly. 

"People will fall under the category even if you don't want to be admired. I know to keep my distance of people, but that doesn't mean I can't learn from a distance either." Opal said shouldering her blade and propping it upwards. The woman had revealed a blade equal in length to her own, was that the Masamune as well? No, it was too different. The only thing they had in common was the length. 

"And here I thought I was being original with having an Odachi crafted..." Opal smiled and shook her head, letting loose the ebony locks of hair. Her last attack took a lot out of her, her energy pool cut in half more or less from her one attack. Opal continued to walk through snow fall making light tracks with her feet. She shifted her hand upwards to feel the cold radiating from the snowflakes that fluttered around her. 

ID:50270 
LD: 2
<<ENR 1/3>>

Edited by Opal

Chuckling softly Teayre couldn’t help but place a hand on the shoulder of her companion. “A distance is meaningless without a value. We’re at a distance right now, albeit a close one.” Her eyes spotted the woman’s own moving along her blade. “This thing? Well you’re still original with having it crafted I got this from a drop.” By the temple on the seventh floor actually. Her hand gently went over the hilt, before her thumb pressed at the tsuba and the red head vanished in a flash again.

Several Ice Harpies had appeared in front of the wandering duo as they made their way towards the cavern. Teayre didn’t have a moments hesitation in attacking them the Muramasa was a swift red blur. Cutting through the four harpies in a single smooth motion she straightened herself again, quickly sheathing the blade. “Sorry about that Opal. I will stop running off at some point, I’m normally looking at for Cal if I’m partied up. God knows that man has no sense of perception.” Walking back towards the white and red figure she keeps the blade sheathed, held loosely in her left hand.

Spoiler

ID: 50274 BD: 9 (Nat) [+1 DMG, AOE Activated] CD: 6 LD: 1 MD: 1 (2 – 3 EVA)

EN: 19/38

EN: 15/41 (Regen 1, Used 7)
Sword Art: Zekkai | 7 EN | (15 + 4 + 1 ) * 7 – 21 = 119 DMG

Ice Harpy: -34/85 HP || 21 Mit || Dmg: 63:  x4
Loots: 4 x Materials

Total Loots:
12 x Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Teayre

Opal tilted her head to the side with a smile from Tea's sweet comment. Despite the tension that had come between the two last time, it seemed both people had reevaluated their life. Opal took a massive plunge to the deep end while she was off on her training in the mountains, so much had occurred in such a short amount of time; both the good and the bad memories. Clearing her throat, the woman chuckled lightly as a red blur seemed to streak across the the snow glade. Her eyes only caught small glimpses of the redheaded maiden as she took down the mobs with little effort. Opal shook her head, despite a massive jump in her level since then she was still awestruck by how much power this crimson gal had. 

It was an unbelievable notion that she found such an amazing sword from a monster drop. Opal might get lucky one day, but she didn't think nothing more of it and swept the thoughts aside just like brushing the fallen fresh powder off her shoulder. They continued on deeper in the glade searching for that cave and the monster they were to take down for their quest to be over with. Opal had enjoyed the moments they were getting along with, much better than that tension building marathon of the past. Flakes from the sky befell once more coating the ground in a fresh powder as they soldiered on. The Vice Commander keeping keen amber eyes on the lay of the land to see if she could find any materials to grab up. 

Teayre had brought up a funny notion about having to keep Cal safe, "I thought he had those special eyes that I have seen him use a few times. Someone like him, I figured he'd be the most perceptive player in this game."

ID: 50277
LD: 8
<<ENG 2/3>>

Edited by Opal

"I thought he had those special eyes that I have seen him use a few times. Someone like him, I figured he'd be the most perceptive player in this game."

The red head gave a small chuckle, “You say that, yet he never notices what’s behind him. Despite what he says.” Giving a small sigh she places the sheathed Muramasas across her back securing it there. The snow gently drifting past her head as she held her hand out gently letting the snow fall into her head. Closing her fist tightly around one snowflake, turning her hand back over she unclenched it letting the compressed snow drop to the ground. “What have you been up to then? What’s been happening since we last met?” Her words were gentle despite the shortness of her sentence.

Poking upwards towards her HUD, "I imagine you could see the guild symbol I bear. You are looking at Vice Commander Opal of the Knights of the Blood Oath,-ah thank you." Opal took a few steps back in the snow and bowed heavily in an exaggerated manner before giving off a soft trill of giggles. It was true the guild had taken up most of her time but what else was there really to talk about? 

"Well, becoming Vice Commander has had been very rewarding. Largest guild in Aincrad now with the current merging of the Crimson Blades as our unique elite strike force unit. Some very hopeful and returning comrades have come back again as well. But mostly, the guild keeps me busy. I noticed you no longer bear your Insignia, and it was a shame we didn't get a chance to speak during the meeting at the Floor 13 meeting was it? I did notice the orange cursor over your head though." 

The woman gave a sympathizing look, "I am sure whatever your decision was it was a hard one to make, but a necessary one. You are a sweet woman, from what I have seen and Cal, well for the most part he is a good judge of character as well, so I will honor whatever privacy you want from that tragic event. But, if I am to be a true Vice Commander, I would not let an opportunity to ask slip from my fingers..." The woman shoveled her hair over her ear and looked to the Crimson Maiden, "I know you might be having a difficult time with everything, but I could use your strength in my guild as well as Calrex. If Ariel also wished, I knew she was interested in joining as well, she is more than welcome. The three of us can sit down and chat about it...I..." the woman looked down once more at the snow dressed ground and sighed lightly, "I spoke to Azide...he seems a bit more...detached than usual, maybe it's just me. Maybe its this world bringing out our inner demons. We do things here to survive that we didn't know we are capable of doing. An influence of numbers...and we can becomes Gods." 

Sweeping her foot left and right Opal trekked through the snow while keeping an eye for any materials to spring out. She was just about to recover the last bit of her energy as well. It was funny how Teayre's simple question escalated into such a massive answer. It was quite the mouthful for the young woman. 

ID: 50397
LD: 6
<<ENR: 3/3>>

Edited by Opal

The young red head couldn’t help but giggle at Opal’s bow. “You know that’s really not necessary.” Smiling she listens carefully to what the older woman has to say, nodding along. Her hand clenched into a tight fist at the mention of her orange cursor, knuckles going white. Her voice was strained as she replied. “It wasn’t by choice that I took this colour. Someone from my past outside this game, found their way into it.  Presumably to torture me more. For a brief second I lost control.” Taking a few deep breaths Teayre looks away from Opal. “It’s not easy to come to terms with the fact that my father is now gone. Despite what happened.”

Closing her eyes as they trudged through the snow she opened them again before looking at her friend. “Well, certainly moved up in the world haven’t you. I must say congratulations. As for me joining. I’m not certain, for me a guild should be what a family is supposed to be.” Falling quiet between her words Teayre waits for a moment before continuing. “I can say for certain I will happily ally myself with you whether I am a solo player or within a guild myself though. I’ll talk to Cal when I see him next and let you know the outcome.” A quick smile came to her face for a brief second before it was lost again.

Downcast vision sat upon the cold snowfall as her partner explained the situation. It must be difficult, so much so...if family is involved. Torture within flesh and blood, what sort of cruel world did they find themselves in? "Think nothing more on the matter than, I only ask but once. But if you were to speak with him about it, that would be grand. And I am sure we would be more than happy to accept an allegiance of solo players. I can't speak for the Commander himself, but I am sure I can speak to him about it. If there is anything you need from us as well, I command an army, although you are stronger than most of my guildmates...probably all of them," Opal laughed once more flicking hair from her eyes.

"If you ever decide to do that Green Quest to change back, please allow me to accompany you. I promise I won't be a burden. As for being a family within a guild, I understand what you mean by that. I have grown attached to quite a few players within and I can certainly say I find myself in good company of them. The worth of family is what you make of it in the end. We all bleed together so I like to think they are my family, albeit it would be odd to say as such since I have like so many crushes on people. Hahaha...But! Don't let anyone know about that! Its so embarassing." The woman held her face in her hands, smile causing her face to brighten lightly before lifting up a thick pile of snow and rubbing it in her face, "Yes! Well...we should be off killing more mobs and such! Nice recovery, Opal. Nice.

• 1 month later...

“The green quest?” Teayre’s face twisted into some sort of horrible expression at Opal’s mention of it. “I’ll let you know, maybe… For what that person did to me I don’t know if I want to forget, or grow.” Taking a large gulp of air the young woman turns her head spotting the all too familiar rocky outcrop. Chuckling as her partner blushes a deep red and hides her hands. “You know Opal, there’s nothing wrong with liking people. Just be careful with who you trust. When someone reveals their true colours you see who their real friends are.”

Continuing to trudge the snow Teayre’s hand begins to dance over the hilt of the muramasa. “You know, We need to have a duel at some point… Determine who is the better katana wielder.” A flash of fire crossed the girl’s eyes. “You’re strong Opal. Stronger than most who are on the front lines.” The left hand grips tightly around the hilt her knuckles turning white. “Anyway, let’s go find us those mobs shall we?”

"Who to trust?" the woman asked awkwardly. Opal stood there in the snow for a moment pondering upon the question. Her eyes seemed to glaze over as it seemed over her head to think about something like that, "Well, I trust my guild and what they would do. Although I don't really know if I trust..." Opal's expression turned blank for a moment trying to think of something to say. The thoughts seem to weave themselves into her mind and then like a chill in the wind it rushed out of her like it was nothing. She shrugged and took another step forward catching up to her crimson partner. 

For the better part of the last few minutes the Vice Commander had been absent minded until words broke out in the chill air, and her head titled to the side when she heard the words duel. Opal laughed, "Are you kidding me? You are much more experienced than I am in this field. I might be a rising star in the Front Lines, but I still pale in comparison to your skills, Teayre. I don't think I would provide for much entertainment to you. But I think a friendly bout wouldn't be bad one day," Opal had came spotted some more of those Frozen Maiden's off in the distance. 

"I guess I'll take these ones out, my energy is back to full." Releasing Masamune X from its sheath, the woman skid through the snow engaging her <<Charge>> attack and then sweeping her massive blade over the ice framed angels. Before anything was said and done, the hum of her sword art begun and she cleaved through those ice beings as if they were nothing. The frozen mats dropped to the ground in unison. Opal gathered the items up and placed them in the inventory for use later and hefted the blade upon her shoulder. 

"And there goes my energy again..." she mused quietly to herself. 

Sword Art:  Amatsu no Humara || 20 EN || 120 Dmg - 21 Mit= 100 Dmg

Frozen Maiden: -/85 HP || 21 Mit || Dmg: 12  x4

ID: 56581
BD: 4+3 = hit
MD: 5
LD:  3
Loot: +4 Mats

Edited by Opal
  • 2 weeks later...

The red head couldn’t help but chuckle at Opal’s comments. “Entertainment? No Opal, I couldn’t fight you purely for entertainment.” Watching with a little smile on her face, Teayre walked past her companion. Her blade glowing as it whips out of it’s sheathe again and the Muramasa takes the red head flying forwards into another pack of the mobs. Her unique causing her blade to strike out in aoe. Sheathing the long blade she turns to the vice commander waving her hand in the direction of a small rocky outcrop. “That’s where we want to go. In there.”  Without waiting for a reply Teayre stepped through the crystals that were dispersing and entered the cave.

Spoiler

ID: 57563 BD: 10 (7 + 3 ACC) – AOE Activated CD: 10 LD: 9 (7 + 2 LD) MD: 1 (4 – 3 EVA)

EN: 34 /41 (Used 7)
Sword Art: Zekkai | 7 EN | (15 + 4 + 1 ) * 7 – 21 = 119 DMG

Ice Harpy: -34/85 HP || 21 Mit || Dmg: 63:  x4
Loots: 4 x Materials

Total Loots:
20 x Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Teayre
  • 1 month later...

Her red lips curled into a smile as Opal shifted her weight on one leg and watching the Crimson Maiden cut down another group of dregs from the area. Despite the level difference, Opal still wasn't too bad at creating some chaos and mayhem with her own power, but she was still leagues away from the FireBrand. Her crystalline eyes followed Tearye as the Masamune bobbed up and down from her shoulder as they moved towards the cave. Ice crystal formations showered the area from top to bottom of the cave, only the reflection of a shimmering pool helped illuminate the area as small flecks of light scattered off the smooth surfaces of these crystal crag rocks. Sweeping a hand to brush her hair off her shoulders, the woman took a heavy breath inward. 

"So this Boss is somewhere in here I suspect? Should we just start stomping around to get its attention or something?" Flicking her wrist, the blade popped off her shoulder and towards the ground. Taking a step forward, and sweeping the blade around her body in a half circle, she carved the floor with an explosive thin cut line around her form before stopping and causing the nearby rocks to quake and rumble, "That should do the trick on getting its attention."

<<EN 1/3>>

• 1 month later...

Teayre nodded at Opal her eyes canvassing the inside of the cave. It was different from all the previous times that the crimson girl had been there. The ice formations the were scattered along the floor and ceiling seemed to be much sharper than before. The stalagmites and stalactites tips were shimmering in the darkness, reflecting the light of the artificial sun that crept in from the entrance. Turning to her partner Teayre nods at her. “The boss is this way I think, it shouldn’t take too much longer.” The corners of her mouth turn up slightly as she leans her head to the left avoiding the shards of ice that came flying her way. “That is a good idea, however it might take a bit more than that to get this beast out.” Opening her menu Teayre sends a message to her husband asking for some help.

Edited by Teayre

The blade of her Masamune reflected against the ice capped rocks all around her. Her white colored eyes bounced from rock to rock as her blade skimmed the surface of the massive chasm. Eyes fixed on the Crimson Maiden, Opal only nodded and stopped in her tracks. “Well, you are the one who has done this quest before. I am open to other suggestions. Between you and me, we’ll only need to do a single attack on it. It’s already getting so late already,” the woman shifted yawning lightly in her place as the glass like ice shimmered over the area. With her long blade tipping over her shoulder the woman continued to walk side by side the more colorful player in the chasm, Teayre being the Crimson Leader for this little journey.

<ENR: 2/3>

Teayre nodded, “Hopefully it’ll-“ As if hearing the crimson maiden a roar echoed through a cavern. A large cat like creature appeared out of a side passageway and began bounding towards the duo. As it leapt into the air Teayre didn’t waste a second. Her knees flexing as she activates her charge skill the Muramasa streaking as she perform a single strike landing on the other side of the creature Teayre turns and call back to Opal. “Finish it, I only stunned to protect us both.” Sliding the Muramasa home in its sheathe, the girl yawns.

ID: 62530 BD:  9 (6 + 3 ACC) CD: 7 LD: 20 (18 + 2 LD) MD: 10 Nat

EN: 20/38

EN: 23 /41 [Iai Used, 13 Energy Used, 1 Regen] (15 + 4)* 10 = 190 DMG

Snow Beast: 60/250 [Stunned for one turn]

Edited by Teayre

Agitation. The feeling that welled up inside the prideful woman as her attack released a barrage of hot air towards the would be known Snow Beast. Her serene eyes now composed of fire and spite for her own self as the creature, while stunned, could do nothing but sweep her blade over the foul creature and whiff at it with her blade. She cursed lightly at herself from the embarrassing strike. Had she taken an extra foot in her leaping attack, the Snow Beast would have been removed from their presence, but instead the eye sore continued on. Eventually soon breaking free of its stun state and then unleashing its hell upon the two. 

ID: 62539  BD:  2+3 = 5 hurrah 

Sword Art: Miss

EN: 23 /41 [Iai Used, 13 Energy Used, 1 Regen] (15 + 4)* 10 = 190 DMG

Snow Beast: 60/250 [Stunned for one turn]

Edited by Opal