[PP:F4] Essence of Steel (Toothpick)

Teayre had finished her crafts for the day, a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek and onto her workbench. Looking down at the three items in front of her and the three orders she had been given the red head hadn’t managed to succeed on the orders instead she made the items just short of the required standard. “This happened with Kalesh… I wonder if they would be up for doing Essence of Steel to get the item up.” Flicking her finger down Teayre began to write out a message for Toothpick. Scooping the Caterpillar’s Sacrifice up the red haired girl heads towards the outskirts of town where she waits looking into the distance of the winter wonderland.

Draw, Snap, Draw, Snap Toothpick practiced the movements necessary for his whip as he walked the snowy path. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get a sword art to register but in due time I will. For the most part, the exercises helped deal with the cold, but it’s sharp pain pierced through regardless. Despite the cold, F4 was beautiful, and he knew he’d have to explore it in depth once he had the nessicary clothing, along with that pesky “Traveler” skill. Snow fascinated him. A flash of red among white, and a familiar face, Toothpick cupped his mouth and called out, “Teayre! I’m over here!”      

The cracking of a whip caused the red head to turn her head and she saw a familiar face of a person she had met a little while ago on floor one. Raising a hand she waves at Toothpick her eyebrow raising at the sight of the whip. “Hey there. I see you’ve taken up the new weapon as well. How’ve things been going?” As she spoke she walked towards her soon to be companion. Nodding at the boy she grips the Oikawa Kanashiki’s tightly. “Sorry about this, normally things don’t go so poorly for me in the shop. How much have you improved since I saw you on floor one then?”

Toothpick contorted the whip in a few quick movements, the chain wrapping about his palm, which quickly closed to trap it in, a trick he’d observed from a Grandmaster. Rising the clenched fist up for Teayre to see, he rotated the gleaming white metal about as to give her a better angle, hand falling as he closed the distance. “Yeah, I got myself a whip, now that I’m actively involving myself in combat, it was about time that I picked something out. A pure AOE build isn’t bright, in my opinion, and Katana’s simply don’t appeal to me,” he shrugged, glancing down to her hand as it gripped at a hilt. Katana. And why? “No, no, it’s fine, the end result is just the same, and I get myself some free SP while I’m at it.”  He stopped before he drew uncomfortably close, looking briefly to the paths ahead, “Not much has happened though, I mean, I made some money charting out routes for a guild, but all of that went into getting replacement fishing rods, damn things break too fast…….fishing is a cruel profession.” He paused, then turned back to her with a jolt, “Oh! speaking of which, you mind trading me the Charm? I wanna try my hand at finding some Mats while we walk.”

Toothpick prattled on about his whip and involving himself in combat and his reasons, her eyes meeting his and following them as they dart to her hand she raises an eyebrow as her finger flicks open her menu and passes the man his item. “Here you go, you certainly can try however we might end up fighting quite a few mobs along the way.” Chuckling as he explained about the fishing profession the red head gave a small smile. “It’s what you chose though, so you must enjoy it. For me I enjoy painting however most people want something slightly different usually jewellery or the like.”

Taking the lead Teayre begins to press on through the snow her eyes darting around eyeing up the various mobs that stood around her. “Watch your step, anything could attack at any time, we’re going to quite a dangerous part of floor four. So if I say run, you run okay?”

A familiar corpse The fresh yet weathered string materializes about his neck, it’s owner softly pinching it between thumb and index, “Thanks, you did a good job with this.” His hand fell to the amber, lifting it up to a white background, his eyebrows flicked up, “Well, better to try than not, as I’m told,” the trinket fell limp against a green shawl, his examination finished. “Oh, I love fishing, but all good relationships have their ups and downs…...fishing gives me a chance to clear up my mind, an excuse to sit and do nothing for a bit. Granted, there's the work involved in preparation, but still, Fishing is certainly not the most active of professions. However, it is the most time consuming.” Toothpick gripped his shawl tight, a cold wind blowing through, weaving past thin and tattered cloth, “Though, if you like painting, I might have to commission you for a work…..when I have money, of course,” a warm chuckle that didn’t betray the shiver down his spine, and they were off. Civilization gave way to white and trees, an undisturbed slumber rife with threats awaiting a catalyst, Teayre’s footprints emboldened by his own.  How many have died, in the cold, alone? “Will-do, I don’t intend for either of us to die for something as minor as a trinket.” Should’ve brought a crystal

~~~

Toothpick receives and equips Caterpillar's Sacrifice! [+2 LD]