[PP-F1] A Night on The Town (Shizua, Macradon)

NWJKJM8.png

The night had just started to begin, though there weren't many people out. Most had either gone inside or left the town, however there were still some. For example, Shizua, who was currently resting on that was in front of one of the many buildings, that was beside one of the many fountains in the town. The young girl had her eyes closed, with her glasses removed, and in her left hand. She'd had a tough day, and, in fact, she was still wearing her breastplate and had her sword sheathed on her back. She hadn't bothered to remove these items, as all she really wanted to do was sit. 

Edited by Shizua

Macradon was taking a stroll on the first floor. He had been working all day at his shop and needed a peaceful break. He would walk around town and relax in the peaceful evening at the fountains. Hadn't needed his equipment for today so he didn't have anything else than clothing equipped. He was wearing beginner clothes, the only clothes he has. They wasn't much but they were better than walking around in underwear. He would notice a girl resting towards a building, she had her eyes closed, still wearing her armor and had her weapon equipped. "She look exhausted, but it's till not a good idea to sleep outside" he thought and slowly went towards the girl. "Hey ... are you awake?" he would gently ask while walking towards her.

Shizua's eyes snapped back from their half-asleep state, and she looked to the figure standing in front of her. Why is he... so blurry...? She had thought to herself, before realizing she had taken her glasses off. ...I'm an idiot. She unfolded her glasses, and slowly put them on, pushing them into place. "U- um... I'm... uh... I'm sorry..." She squinted a bit, thinking for a moment. "W- well... yeah, I'm awake..." She stated, and gave a nod. "U- um... am I.. not supposed to be here, or something..?" She asked him, concerned that she had done something wrong.

"Oh you're allowed to sleep here, I just wouldn't recommend something like that. It's dangerous you know" he said to the girl who was half asleep or so it seemed. He would think about her state of mind for the moment. She looked tired, which could also be the reason she dozed off out here. He wasn't all awake when he asked her about it so she seems tired. "Rough day?" he asked her as he smiled at her. He would bring out his hand to help her off the ground. "I think it's more comfortable to sleep on a bench at least" he said with a smile. Even though it's the first floor, it could still be rough day when grinding those mobs on the fields, the sheer amount of them was tiring enough.

Shizua sighed, relieved that she wasn't doing anything wrong. "Alright.. thank you..." She said, extending her own hand, and taking Macradon's. "Yeah... quite rough... I was out in the fields all day... with this guy.." She paused for a moment, thinking about the fight she had had. "..Anyway, I was really tired when I got here... I.. decided to rest for a minute... and, uh... dozed off a bit.." She said with a sigh. "S- so, anyway... My name's Ni--" She cut off again, shaking her head for a second. She was too used to introducing herself in the real world, so she had said the wrong name. "..Shizua. My name's Shizua... it's nice to meet you..." She said, letting a small smile come to her lips.

Macradon would help the girl up on her feet again and smile at her. "Resting is fine, but it can still be dangerous in a place like this" he said with a serious voice. It wouldn't be the first time someone was killed in their sleep so this was quite serious, but the serious tone would quickly switch into the formal voice when the girl introduced herself. "Well hi, Shizua. My name is Macradon, my friends call me Mac" he would say while smiling at the girl. He wasn't sure what to do now, his deed was done. Waking up someone in a condition as this, though it wouldn't be bad to take a small stroll. "Say, to get your energy back, why shouldn't we take a small walk or go fetch something to eat?" he would say to the tired girl as a walk would pump one's blood or getting some energy from the food.

"Hm..? Right.. dangerous.." She nodded slowly, looking to the man's face. "Nice to meet you, Macradon.." She said plainly, her voice still sounding a bit groggy, as she was still quite tired. "Haven't there been... people killing other people in their sleep..?" She asked, thinking back to a couple of people she had heard in a tavern in the Town of Beginnings. "It's... really weird to think about... Sleep PKers.. Er- anyway.. Sure. I'd love to get something to eat.." She said, looking at the man.

"Yeah, something about killing people in their sleep because it was easier than directly killing them in a duel" he would say with a worried face as it was pretty messed up. Either way Shizua accepted the invitation for getting something to eat. "I haven't been around here much so I don't know if there's any great eating places, do you know any?" he would ask. Macradon haven't been on this part of the floor much so he didn't know any great restaurants or any booth where they would be able to get something to eat. Shizua has been hunting in this area so maybe she knew where to eat. 

"Wow... That's.. messed up." She said, frankly. The young girl then closed her eyes for a moment, before letting out a long, drawn out yawn. "E- er... sorry about that.." She whimpered for a moment, before shaking her head. "U- uhm.. I'm sorry, I don't really know any good places to eat, sadly.. I just got here today.. and I've been hunting ever since..." She said, letting out a short sigh. "But... there's nothing stopping us from looking, right?" Shizua's face gained a sort of spark of energy. "I'm sure there's something good around here, right? There's a bunch of people on the first floor, so... I'd say someone's got something that tastes nice." She said, thinking for a moment about how strange it was that you could determine the quality of taste in a game. How much data would be needed to simulate it was mind-boggling.

"Oh it's alright, I understand that you're tired" he would say with a smile. "Yeah, someone is bound to sell something that tastes good. I only knows this place in the town of beginnings, but that's quite the travel from here. Let's go on looking for some place to eat" he would say. His stomach grumbled a bit. "Oh sorry, I'm pretty down on energy myself so I'm getting hungry" he would say as he chuckled with a smile. He would think, neither of them had been in the city for long enough to learn about the town so that was a down side. "Hm ... where should we start looking at?" he would ask as he knew nothing about this town.

• 2 weeks later...

"Well... I would assume we should just start walking down the more populated streets, right...? A lot of people eat at this time..." She said, her eyes once again closing, and her arms stretching upward as a long, drawn out yawn forced it's way out of her mouth. "Nn... sorry..." She apologized yet again, reaching up to rub her eyes. "Sorry.. sorry..." Shizua walked over with Macradon to a somewhat busy looking street. "Mn... could be something down this way."

It was a good idea to look on the main streets, that's probably where everyone eats anyways. "Yeah, sounds like a plan" he said. The two of them went down the main street looking for a place to eat. "Huh, still busy at this hour" he muttered. This was quite different than what he's used to. People don't usually go out and eat at this hour of the night, especially not all out in this town on the floor. "Well ... let's see" he said as the two walked down the street. He looked left to right trying to find a decent looking restaurant with some tables left. Most of the restaurants were all full, no more seats for anyone to enter. "Seems like busy street, busy shops" he said to Shizua.

"Mhm..." Shizua responded to Macradon, looking for a space, a spot, a table, in any of the restaurants. "Yeah, it gets pretty busy on the first floor.. Pretty much anything that exists in the real world exists in SAO, I've heard... Even the... less favorable jobs.." She said, feeling a bit weird on this subject. "Anyway, uh..." She looked to a restaurant that had a few open seats inside. "..What about there..? It looks pretty nice.."

"Oh, that looks nice" Macradon said as Shizua proposed to go into a restaurant not far from them. There were some seats empty so it was an obvious choice. Macradon would walk over to the door and hold it open for Shizua. "Ladies first" he said jokingly but still waited for her to enter. When they went inside Macradon would sit down at the table and see if he could find any menu or of that sort. None to see directly. He would raise his hand up in the air to attract attention from any of the service employees. A male waiter came and asked of what the two desired. Macradon would make a glance at Shizua if she wanted to order first or not.

Shizua nodded and entered, saying "Thank you." to Macradon as she did. When the two sat and the waiter was summoned, she ordered first. "Um.. Just a water and whatever is your most popular." She said, not really minding what it was she was going to eat tonight. She reached a hand up to push her glasses into place and motion to the one sitting across from her. "You're up."

"Oh ... uhhh ..." he said as he would quickly go through his mind to find something. "Aha!" he thought and opened his mouth. "Do you have some steamed sweet potatoes?" he would ask the waiter. "A water and steak for the madam and steamed sweet potatoes for the sir, would like something to drink with it?" the waiter asked Macradon. "I ... I'd like some ginger ale please" he said and smiled at the waiter. The waiter nodded and went to the kitchen area of the restaurant. "So, Shizua" he said "You said earlier your were on the fields, were you doing anything in particular?" he would ask. He was curious of this now, just out of a sudden.

Thinking for a moment, Shizua gave a soft shake of her head. "No.. just a little grinding.." She said, thinking about that trip. It only really ended in a bunch of virtual blood and cuts. "..and a little failing." She added on. "Um.. if you don't mind me asking, Macradon... what level are you...?" She didn't want to sound rude, but she also wanted to know about how far behind she was. How could she have lagged behind so much? Was she a bad fighter? Was she just not made for this? It was a lot to think about, and it was only depressing Shizua.

Macradon thought about it, of course the grinding would be normal for the low level players, it wasn't like there was much to do on the first floor not so many quests. "Hm, grinding it is ..." he said and saw the waiter some back with the drinks and meals. Macradon thanked the waiter as the waiter went off again. "It's quite some time since I last grinded on the first floor ..." he muttered silently for himself, thinking back to the time when he had started playing. He would pick up one of the sweet potatoes and peel it, he took a small bite followed by a sip of the ale. He heard Shizua ask him a question, he waited a few seconds until his brain woke up again. "Oh, my level ..." he said. Of course people in his level wasn't supposed to roam around on the beginner's floor, he was mostly going to stay in the high tier floor, at least 8th or above. "I'm level 18" he said with a stern voice. "Why though?" he asked, why did she want to know his level.

"..Eighteen..? Damn it.." Shizua smacked the table lightly, before looking back up at Macradon, and moving a hand to push her glasses back into place. "E- er... sorry... I'm.. I'm still level 1.. How.." She sighed. "...How could I be so far behind..?" She asked to nobody in particular, just seeming to be venting at this point. "This.. I... It just doesn't make any sense.." She picked up her utensils, cutting into the steak and taking a bite.

"Oh, another one!" he said and looked rather curiously on her. It wasn't the first time he had met someone in those lower levels, and not even the first time meeting someone level 1. It quite intriguing that so many were actually still taking it either casually or just didn't do much in the game or farmed the right places. Macradon had kept himself on the lowest of floor because of his shop and he did not intend it to go much further up as it wouldn't be easy for low level to get to those kinds of floors, so he would be one of those staying behind and help those who needed help. "Don't worry, you're not behind at all" he would say with a soothing voice. "It's not the first time I meet someone in that level" he would say with a smile and take another sip from his ale.