(Op-F1) Back in the saddle (Completed)

I began to walk across the plains of the first floor. It felt like years since i had been out on these fields again. I had been held up in the cave for so long. My friends now laid dead and forgotten. And me...I'm just a shadow of my old self. I sat down under a tree and looked out unto the landscape. But, i had the feeling that i was being watched. I kept looking over my shoulder. I saw nothing, but i knew...I just knew that i was being gazed upon. A voice then made itself prevalent.

"Abalasster..." came the voice.

I shot up and looked all around. The voice was familiar to me. My eyes scanned all across the open field, but i couldn't find the source of the voice.

"Abalasster...Why did you desert us..." came the voice again.

This time i drew my rapier. This person could see me but i couldn't see them. 

"Show yourself" i shouted.

I frantically looked around the field. No one was insight. The voiced didn't speak anymore, but that didn't stop me from looking over my should almost every 5 minutes. I sat back down against the tree, trying to fathom what just happened... 

Edited by Abalasster
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jericho was walking around the field looking for a boar to fight she knew probably fighting now wasn't a good idea but it was either die or stay alive in this game when she saw a man under a tree talking to himself "That guy is a little weird" Jericho muttered to herself when suddenly the man shouted "SHOW YOURSELF" that caught Jericho off-guard because she thought the man was shouting at her so she decided to turn back around towards the tree.

"Were you talking to me" Jericho said in a calm voice as she knelt down next to the man "Because if you were could you keep your voice down don't want any orange or red players coming over here".

When one voice left another came again. This time however, the voice came from something I could see. I sheathed my rapier as she began to walk over to me. 

"I'm terribly sorry" i said in response to her. She must have thought that my shouting was directed at her. I sat back down against the tree. No use in looking for the owner of the first voice. She came to my side and knelt down next to me.

"Hello" I began. "My name is Abalasster. Like i said before, I'm terribly sorry for what has just happened". I looked up at her and extended a hand for shaking. It had been so long since i had seen a living person. After...what had happened in that damned cave...  

"The name's Jericho and don't worry I heard people shouting in the field before it's not like your the only one trust sometimes I want to shout to make this all go away but I know unless people beat the game we are just going to be trapped here" she said to Abalasster almost like she was talking to herself "Oh and about the name thing don't really need to introduce ourselves" she said pointing up to where the username and icon were.

She leaned relaxed against the tree and looked up towards the digital sky, she barely ventured out into the field because she knew the dangers of the monsters but just looking up at the sky made here forget everything and this just made her miss the real world and her family even more "Have you ever wondered what the world is like while we've been in this world if they worry about us or they just never found everyone?".

"I'm sure that they've found out about us" I began cautiously. "In the very beginning...I saw people just...just drop dead. People...out in the real world, thought that trying to take off that helmet would make them heros. When...in the end they've done the exact opposite." I looked down to my feet and wondered what the world had become outside of this hell. I didn't dwell on it too much. I then turned my attention to what the player next to me pointed out, about the new interface. Surely enough, user icons were now there.

"Strange..." I began. "It wasn't like that when i began. However, that was a much simpler time. I have no clue what has changed in the last month."  

"Well it might not have been there a month ago but don't forget this is still an MMO so it updates quite often even probably by now the guy who made it is arrested we can still hope for new updates, and don't forget you could have been one of the people who took the helmet off" Jericho said smiling as she just got off the tree and lay down to look at the sky "I just hope my family will be okay because I really didn't leave on the best terms with them and after a month I really miss them".

She didn't know why she talked to this guy the way she was normally she was rude to people, it's was like she knew him from somewhere but she couldn't quite put her finger on it maybe it was one of the people she was with during the launch but that can't be true most of them stayed together until something happened, or maybe it was just someone she just spotted in town either way he didn't seem like a bad guy.

Edited by JerichoYoshizawa

"You do have a point, but, how do you know he was been arrested?" I was genuinely curious. Had this person decided to join this hell even though many warnings stated this games one of danger? To me, it wasn't a strange thought. I knew someone who had done such an act. But, i didn't stay on this topic for too long. Another point that the stranger had brought up had grasped my attention. "I can assure you that my helmet is still on, unless this is some kind of hell within a hell". I began to scroll though my inventory. I pulled out a water and began to drink. "Would you fancy one" I inquired to the stranger. I took this time to look at her name. "Jericho" i said in my head. I began to take a sip of my water. That was when it happened. I felt as if i was thrown back inside the cave once more. The image only an instant, but it felt like years of watching the same horrific image, one that carried the same effect every time someone saw it. I blinked and shook my head. "What...the hell" i said in a whisper...  

Jericho saw as Abalasster offered her water and then she smiled grabbing the one from her inventory "Don't worry I got my own perks in not using them as much as I should" Abalasster froze for a second and then started to move again making a very faint whisper which Jericho could barely hear, making her think that he had a flashback from early days in the game but he wasn't the only only "You okay?" Jericho asked Abal

What should have been dangerous seemed to be a breeze in these new parts of the caves she had been partying with a man she met back in day 1 of the game named Kine and they decided to spend the remainder of their time looking for easy monsters to pick off, little did they know was that when they entered the cave it would be filled with 4-5 orange players and run by a red player, they must of been high levels because they noticed them straight away, turning around Jericho could see the madness in their eyes "Run" was the last words she said before Kine died in a flash right next to her "Thank you" he said as he disappeared the shock in her eyes just made her run even more nearly tripping over a couple of times.

A man appeared in full armour and got rid of them one by one then disappeared she never asked his name nor did she look at the icon above his head she was just in shock she collapsed in shock and fear, later being rescued by a couple green players who brought her to The Town of Beginnings.

Then she realized it that's why she was so nice to Abalasster because he reminded her of Kine the man she spent the two weeks with in Sword Art Online but she didn't want to talk about it because he would just think she was crazy.

I looked over to Jericho. The look on her face was reminiscent to that of her seeing a ghost. 

"Yeah, i'll all good. It was nothing" I responded to Jericho's question. I took another sip of my water bottle. I then began to think of everything i had, before the cave and the introduction of this game. Since then, i seemed to have lost it all. My friends, gone. The guild I had been apart of, barren. I got up off the grass and brushed of my robes. I looked out unto the horizon. The game looked the same as it did when i departed. I extended a hand out to Jericho.

'Are you up for fighting some monsters" i asked. I put my other hand on my rapier in preparation...

"I'll give it a try but nothing too tough don't want to die do we" Jericho said to Abal trying to make a joke out of it then she realized that was a stupid idea as she got away from what she just said "Alright should we kill some monsters but first" Jericho scrolled down on her menu a then sent a party invite over to Abal "We need to be in a party" she cracked a smile as she equipped her standard starting weapon so she could start some monster killing.

The invite came up and i obviously accepted. I drew Transcendence, my rapier. It was a weapon that had saved my life time after time. One gifted to me by a good friend. One that I couldn't find. I looked out unto the fields and spotted a few boars. I saw Jericho draw her weapon. It was the default one. These boars would be perfect. I began running in the direction of the boars.  By the time I reached them, they were aware of my presence. I got into my defensive position. I was a giant believer in letting the enemy strike first. The boars looked livid. They kept taunting me to attack them. I stayed in my position waiting for either them or for Jericho to attack first... 

Jericho was a little scared she heard about people in beta dying to boars when it was still the chance to respawn but of course she was still getting used to the attack system in Sword Art and she doesn't think she would do very good she will try to attack but if she goes down too low she will run.

Jericho got into a defensive position and decided to start the first attack as she did a attack towards the boar doing some sort of war cry even though she doesn't have the skill (Rolled 3=Failure) but as she went to attack the boar she tripped over her own foot still not used to the new system, she got back up waiting for Abal's attack hoping not to get attacked by the boar.

Jericho's HP= 5

Boar's HP= 4

ID: 38522

MD: 6

CD; 9

Abalasster 24/24 (cancelled due to healing)

The boar that Jericho tried attacking decided to retaliate. It charged at her with villainous intent. I between her and the boar to block the attack. I was able to make it before the boar made contact. It made contact with my rapier. I pushed it back . It buddies came up to cover its flank. This guy was obviously the leader. I got my rapier for my strike...

ID:38523

BD: 8 + 1= 9; 9 x 2 = 18 + 1 + 2 bleed for 2 turns (Overkill much)

Boar 1 -15/4

Boar 2 -15/4

Boar 3 -15/4

I got my rapier ready in my hand. This would have been my first strike in a long while. I felt the weapon begin to charge in my hand. I ran at the boars and swung. I hit the right boar first then bought it through the other two. Whilst they we still recovering, i brought it back though them again. They all burst into pixels. I sheathed Transcendence and turned back to Jericho. 

"Sorry if you wanted to kill any of them" I said to her. This new system of attacks was really quite exhilarating...  

Jericho saw as Abal ploughed through all three of the boars and there she saw that he wasn't one of the average starter players who were in the town and then looking at the party confirmed his suspicion when she saw he was Level 6 but she didn't want to pry but she was really impressed (maybe a little two impressed).

Abal turned around saying sorry if she wanted to kill any of them she just went red and said "Nah it's fine you probably saved me from dying from those things and plus didn't take a hint of damage" she said chuckling as she got up off her feet.

I looked out at the horizon. The sun was on the verge of setting. It would be dark within 2 hours. "So, what shall we do now" i asked Jericho. ". As i was looking into the horizon, i saw a figure. From here it looked like a small creature, nothing over 4 foot. But, from the distance we were at, i knew that it must be bigger. Then, the entire atmosphere around me changed. I thrust into a cave, that looked all to familiar. The creature had came closer as well. It was now about 6 feet away. Now i could get a proper assessment of the beast. It was easily 7 feet tall, with being hunched over. It had claws that were at least a foot in length. It was breathing through its mouth, heavily. Its claws were bloodied. It's eyes, were probably the worst of its features. They looked bloodshot, but looked at me with so much intensity. The worst part about this situation, was the creature of the cave, but that i knew this place, and this creature. I drew my rapier and thrust it at the monster. Suddenly, i was thrust back into reality. I was in the field. And my rapier was mere inches from Jericho's head. But before i could do or say anything, the world started to become fuzzy. Then it went black...      

Everything seemed to be going normally as Jericho saw the sun beginning to set Asked what they should do now when suddenly his eyes changed making him look terrified, he was like her, he couldn't get rid of the past Jericho went over to try and snap him out of it always something in the real world brought her back from something like this.

As she approached Abalasster he drew his rapier aiming it at her head when his eyes went back to normal he was clearly back to the real world "Abal are you...." Abal collapsed on the ground panicking Jericho "Abalasster wake up....WAKE UP!!!!" she shouted clearly not waking him up so she decided to take him back to the tavern in The Town of Beginnings grabbing the fainted man she slowly made her back towards the Tavern.

Jericho got a room at the tavern getting in an old favour from a friend she sat down in the room she rented to see if Abalasster would be okay knowing he probably wouldn't wake up for a while she started to talk "You know the reason I have been so nice to you is because you remind me of someone, someone I used to know but seeing you now it's clear that you 2 are very different and I like that in a man but I can't have two people that look exactly the same dying, so please Abalasster be okay...be okay" Jericho said while crying as she kissed him on the forehead as she went to take a nap in the chair she was sitting in.

(OOC: Play this music while reading this please)

"I'm not leaving Mariska behind" Bishop said.

"But if you go back your dead. It's pointless. They have no clue where the hell we are, but if you go out there, were done. The cries you hear right now probably aren't even hers. They did the same thing to lure out Polaris. They imitated the cries of Eurifacles" i whispered to Bishop.

"But what if she's not dead" Bishop responded. "You can say here and die like a coward. But i'm going to go out there and at least make an effort to save her. Your "Tread lightly" advice is a saying that cowards use to hide behind"...

I jolted up. I had no clue where i was at first. I felt like i was living on two worlds. The last place i remember was being in the fields. I took in my surroundings. I saw that i was in a private room of a tavern. I saw that my rapier was on the desk next to me. Jericho was in a chair on the opposite side of the room.She must have carried me into this room. I smiled. At least someone was watching my back. I laid back down in the bed. Today had been...different...

OOC: The music was a great touch. Good job on your end.  

Edited by Abalasster

As Jericho was asleep she had some memories of Kine and the world she knew before she left to be trapped in the virtual world of Sword Art Online, even the argument before she put her nerve gear on.

"Jericho listen to me it's been over 20 years since your mother died and I need to move on" her father said to Jericho. she never liked the idea of her father remarrying but she knew he would never listen to her if he loved someone then he could but she would live with him anymore "Look if you want to remarry fine but know this I will leave straight after you do so" Jericho ran upstairs and slammed her bedroom door putting on her nerve-gear ready to play the new game Sword Art Online.

Jericho back in the virtual reality that was Sword Art was still asleep but tears started streaming down her face as she said to herself "I'm sorry Dad".

(OOC: Cheers thought it would match that moment)

I woke up again. This time on my own accord. No horrific flash backs or memories did it this time. I looked outside now. The sun was just making its way over the horizon. I grabbed my rapier and sheathed it at my side. I looked at the window of the tavern unto the city. The window revealed much. I could see the bell tower; a place that was part of my training to become a merchant. Next I saw the entrance to the town. This was where I first started selling items in my cart. I closed the window and looked over to Jericho. She was still asleep...but, she was crying. I had no clue why. I knew that waking er up probably wasn't the best idea. So,i exited the room and went down to the cafe section of the restaurant. I picked up two coffee's, Some odd rendition of French toast for myself, and some equally odd rendition of Pancakes. , for Jericho. I brought them back up to our room. I sat it on te shelf and began drinking my coffee.

"I don't know how they did it, but the were able to duplicate the taste of French Vanilla down to the letter" i said to myself...     

Jericho re-awoke to see Abal sitting on a shelf it was obvious he was fine now because if he wasn't  why would he climb a shelf, she chuckled "You know sitting there isn't helping very much but I'm glad your okay you gave me quite the fright back there" Jericho spotted that he left her some food from the tavern's kitchen and so she decided to just sit on the bed.

"You need to be more careful next time what even happened" Jericho asked Abalasster when she was eating the pancakes she was given to by Abal for helping him she found it quite bazaar that they could get maple syrup right in this game but Trial and Error she supposed.