[F2] The Sylvan Tannery (Tailor)(On Hiatus)

medieval_france_by_azot_2013-d6267jz.jpg

A brown bear sits in front of a tree on the sign above the door. Moving through the entryway leads into a quaint shopfront, shelves and armor stands full of products. The walls are carved with small mosaics of various animals; bears, wolves, owls and falcons dance around the shop. A man strides back and forth across the floor, always working on something.

[Shop Information]

Clothing, Leather Armor, Plushies
Grants ability to craft Tier 4 equipment once Floor 31 has been cleared by players.

EXP: 130

[Tools in Use]

Name: Tanning Apron
ID: 39224
Item Type: Clothing
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +1 Ambition
Description: A brown smock with a bear paw sigil on the chest that shows the maker's growth, and helps him in the crafting process.

[CD Result Chart]

Spoiler

The CD Result Chart (Rank 4)

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-3] = Fail (Lose materials)

[4] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[5-8] = Good item  
[9-10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots

[Experience Chart]

Spoiler

Epic Fail, Fail, and Bad Item: 1 EXP
Good Item: 2 EXP
Uncommon Item: 3 EXP
Rare Item: 5 EXP
Perfect Item: 8 EXP

Rank 1: 0 EXP (2 Crafts per day)
Rank 2: 20 EXP (3 Crafts per day)
Rank 3: 40 EXP (4 Crafts per day)
Rank 4: 80 EXP (5 Crafts per day)
Rank 5: 160 EXP (6 Crafts per day)
Rank 6: 320 EXP (7 Crafts per day)
Rank 7: 640 EXP (8 Crafts per day)
Rank 8: 1280 EXP (9 Crafts per day)
Rank 9: 2560 EXP (10 Crafts per day)
Rank 10: 5120 EXP (10 Crafts per day)

Edited by Isen

[Custom - Available for Purchase]

[Custom - Orders]

Spoiler

Recipient: Teion
Name: Flames' Embrace
Item: Light Armor
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +3 Evasion
Details: A brown leather corset over a fiery red fabric. The short sleeves and flowing skirt feature a golden trim.

Hide contents

Recipient: Aster
Item: Clothing (Hand Wraps)
Tier: 1

Enhancements: +3 Unarmed Damage
Details:  N/A

Edited by Isen

[Prices]

Here's a breakdown of my prices for custom orders. I always accept mixed payment or trades for items.

Basic Items (Bad/Common): 100 col or 2 for 1 material
Uncommon: 300 col or 1 material
Rare: 800 col or 3 materials
Perfect: 1200 col or 5 materials

[Place An Order]

Please fill out this form when placing an order:

Recipient: 
Item: 
Quality: 
Enhancements: 
Details: 

Edited by Isen
  • ID # 38703
  • CD: 5 (Bad item)
  • LD: 12 

"I suppose it's time to get started," Isen said to no one as he got his tools ready. The man started his first craft, but, not knowing what he was doing, only managed to make a shoddy-looking coat. Disappointed, he tried again.

• ID # 38705
  • CD: 2 (Fail)

Still unsure of himself, Isen only managed to waste the materials in his next attempt. Sighing, he thought, 'I shouldn't have expected much on the first attempt, but still... I will have to try again later.'

(-2 materials, +1 bad item, +2 exp)

Edited by Isen
  • ID # 38812
  • CD: 7 (Bad item)

Isen returned to the workbench and began crafting again. Unfortunately, he still lacked experience and the item came out as a useless pair of pants. Sighing, he tried again.

• ID # 38813
  • CD: 6 (Bad item)
  • LD: 15 (Salvage)

"Bah!" Isen spat, frustrated. "At least I can reuse it..." he grumbled, wondering when his luck would turn.

(-1 material, +2 bad items, +2 exp)

Edited by Isen
  • ID # 38970
  • CD: 4 (Fail)
  • ID # 38971
  • CD: 1 (Fail)

Isen came back into the shop and got ready to try again. After the previous failures, he did not have much hope of making anything, and was not disappointed. He only managed to waste two materials, making nothing. He slammed his hand on the table, angry at himself. Calming down, Isen said, "I need to just keep trying until I get it right."

(-2 materials, +2 experience)

Edited by Isen
  • CD: 10 (Uncommon)
  • CD: 9 (Good)

Isen, was pleasantly surprised the next time he tried crafting. He came away with a decent looking coat on his first try of the day. It was a simple dark blue long coat with a black bear paw emblazoned on the back.

The normally stoic man let out a whoop and pumped his fist in the air, ecstatic to have finally made something useful.

Riding high on the success, he tried again. He ended up with a basic pair of dark brown shin-high boots. Happy that he did not waste more materials, he placed the boots on display, and cleaned up the rest. Equipping the coat, he smiled.

(-2 materials, +1 good boots, +1 Uncommon Coat, +5 experience)

Edited by Isen
  • ID # 39223
  • CD: 6
  • ID # 39224
  • CD: 12

Isen began crafting again. Unfortunately he ended up making a useless pair of pants. Jokingly he thought 'Only a few more and I might be able to trade the pile for something.'

Trying to keep his spirits high, he started again right away. To his surprise, the materials began glowing as he worked, and he finished with a smile on his face as he lifted the apron up to examine it. It was a sturdy brown, with a black bear paw sigil on the chest. Smiling, he exclaimed, "Perfect!"

(-2 materials, +1 bad item, +1 perfect item, +9 experience -- level up!)

• ID # 39355
  • CD: 10 (Uncommon)

Isen, having leveled up, kept working into the night. The last thing he managed to make was a pair of decent boots. Equipping them, he felt safer already.

(-1 material, +1 uncommon, +3 experience)

Edited by Isen

Emerath made his way into a tailor shop recommended to him by his friend Teion. It was a shop on the Second Floor, and appeared to be fairly well placed in the town there for good business. Yet, didn't seem busy. Emerath cocked his head a bit as he stood outside, curious at the lack of hustle and bustle compared to his friend Teion. But he supposed the tailor must just be new at his craft. Still, he was recommended, so he would give the man a fair shake. Emerath and Teion were both new at one point themselves, and they had to get started somewhere.

Emerath pushed into the shop, and was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and decor as he looked around for the shopkeep. He looked around, seeing that the man had been a bit busy with his craft, with some precrafted items placed here and there. He smiled, At least if the shop itself isn't busy, the shopkeep himself is. Always a good sign. He finally spotted the man milling about his store, seemingly pacing this way and that, and Emerath made his way over. "Hello there, you are Isen, I believe? I've come to make a request." Emerath gave a light bow and continued, "My name is Emerath, and I am the leader of a guild by the name of the Dapper Rogues. I'd like to have a coat custom made by you, if you are up to the task." Emerath produced a small rolled up slip of paper from his sleeve and handed it to Isen with a smile.

Spoiler

Recipient: Emerath
Item: Lucky Gentleman's Coat
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: 2x Loot Die
Details: A black long coat worn by a gentleman who fancies a spot of gambling, and wearing the coat makes that same gentleman feel as if their luck will never run out. When paired with a good set of formal attire and tie, it can make the wearer look roguishly handsome, as well as lucky.

There is a small note scribbled under the order: "If you are looking for a guild, the Dapper Rogues is always recruiting. The offer is open, so simply let me know if interested."

Edited by Emerath

Isen peeked his head over the counter he was searching under, suprised when the chime on the door rang. He saw a well-dressed man come in, and sized him up as he walked across the shop. The tailor stood up and returned Emerath's greeting. "Welcome. Yes, my name is Isen." Wary at a stranger knowing his name, he asked, "Pardon me, do we know one another?"

At the same time, he read the order form the other man offered, mulling prices in his head, his business sense overriding his paranoia. "At I am a bit short on materials, so this may take a few days to make. If you would be willing to pay up front, I can offer you a discount of two materials for the coat."

Emerath frowned a bit at the man's initial paranoia, "Well, first and foremost, it is my business to know as much information as possible about Aincrad and its inhabitants. However, to ease your mind a bit, we simply have a mutual friend in Teion, whom referred me to your shop. Her and I have known each other for quite some time, and she thought it best if I brought you some business, and well, I need a new coat, so things work out."

Upon the offer of an up front cost with discount, Emerath rubbed his chin, "Not many crafters these days really ask for up front. It always seems to fall on the crafter to deliver, not the customer, but you know, you seem like an upstanding guy. It's a deal." Emerath opened up his trade window, dropping in two materials for the shopkeep and accepting his end of the bargain. "Normally I wouldn't agree to this, as an alchemist in need of my own materials. But, again, I need a new coat. We all must have our priorities, and I haven't updated my wardrobe in a while."

Additional Notes

• 2 Crafting Materials given to Isen
  • ID # 39479
  • CD: 7 (Good item)
  • ID # 39480
  • CD: 8 (Good item)

Isen raised a brow, rereading the message as Emerath spoke. 'A bit forward...' he thought as he put the order form back down. Smiling at the mention of Teion's name, he replied, "Ah, of course!" 

Accepting the trade from the other man, he continued, "My apologies, I simply wished to expedite the process. With this I can begin immediately." True to his word, Isen equipped his smock and began working.

His first attempt turned out to be a common item, and he sighed, leaving it in his inventory. Unfortunately, his next attempt was no better, and he frowned.

"It seems I must again apologize. I must go and collect more materials. Please allow me a few days, and I should have your coat finished." Giving a slight bow, he began to make preparations to go on a material hunt.

(+2 materials, -2 materials, +6 exp)

Edited by Isen

Emerath smiled as the man had gone to work using his materials almost right away. I suppose there is one benefit to not having a shop full of people. Immediate, custom service. Unfortunately for Emerath, it appeared that Isen was unable to make the item he had requested right away. Emerath gave the man a smile at his apologies. "No, no," Emerath began with a reassuring chuckle, "really, it's actually rather admirable that you at least made the effort right away. I can certainly appreciate that enthusiasm and professionalism." As Isen appeared to be making his own preparations, Emerath gave the man a bow and said, "Well, feel free to message me when you have completed the order. I look forward to it!" Emerath gave a light wave behind him as he headed towards the door, and exited the shop. Not your normal crafter, that one. Hopefully that makes him something great in this world, he thought to himself as he walked through the streets to the Teleport Gate.

• ID # 39946, 39947, 39949, and 39966
  • CD: 11 (Rare), 12 (Perfect), 11 (Rare), 3 (Fail)

((OOC: I was going to fluff more, but when I had 2 pages of stuff the post got erased. So I'm not going to type it all out again.))

Isen started his crafting day by making Emerath's coat. He managed to make exactly what the other man wanted, with one small addition: a dark brown bear paw hidden beneath the coat's belt. Content with the creation, he placed it on a mannequin and sent a message to Emerath letting him know it was ready.

(Gambler's Coat: Loot die x2; 5+1 exp)

Next, I sen decided it was time to make his own armor. In his mind he pictured it; brown leather plates made up the chest and shoulders. Underneath was padding, both to give extra protection and to make the armor more comfortable. Around the neck was black bear fur, as well as on the forearms. A kilt of black bear fur and leather plates hung from the waist. 

Spoiler

RaimentOfTheUrsine.thumb.jpg.99f9341c0e9

He began working and, after a short time, his vision was a reality on the table before him. Grinning like a fool, he placed it on an armor mannequin and got back to work.

(Raiment of the Ursine: Light Momentum x1, Mitigation x2; 8+1 exp, Rank Up!)

Next he thought he should make something to thank Teion for all of the help she had given him. He started making a scarf: something to protect her from the desert wind and heat, something that made treasure hunting easier by protecting her face. Its yellow tails fluttered as he draped it over a third mannequin and sent a message to Teion saying he had a surprise for her.

Spoiler

Scarf.thumb.png.c009a917c459c5d8d80a9d95

(Treasure Hunter's Scarf: Loot Die x2; 5+1 exp)

He next tried his hand at a pair of boots; unfortunately it seemed his luck had run out and he only managed to waste the material. 

(Fail; 1+1 exp)

Edited by Isen

Emerath had received Isen's message and made his way back to the shop to pick up his order. As he pushed his way in, he looked around and immediately noticed that, despite it only having been a few days since he placed his order, the tailor had been busy with other works as well. Emerath smiled and made his way over to the coat on the mannequin that he had custom ordered, placing a hand on the lapel, and feeling the fabric. The tailor had used good quality stuff, as he had hoped, and he felt luckier just being in the presence of the coat.

Thinking to himself for a moment as he looked over the coat, he turned to the shopkeep and produced a bag of 4 materials. "This is what I have left of my current pool of materials. After much consideration, I've decided to put my profession aside for a time, and as such I'd like to tip you, for your prompt service and wonderful craftsmanship. I feel that you'll get more use out of them than me in this moment, and I think you have a lot of potential."

Additional Notes:

• 4 Materials Offered to Isen
Edited by Emerath

Teion poked her head through the door of the humble shop, looking around nervously before she spotted the familiar dark-haired man behind a counter. She smiled and took a step inside, but quickly tilted her head in confusion as a more familiar man stood in the shop facing away from her. She frowned in thought, unsure for a moment which Endilix brother she had run into, until she spotted the long coat he seemed to be purchasing. A soft smile settled on her face and she approached the two of them, giving Emerath a light tap on the shoulder. "I didn't expect to run into you here!" She teased, placing her hands on her hips. "I see you've met Isen already--did he make this for you?" She gave Isen a friendly nod before inquiring about the coat beside them.

Isen was surprised by the other man's generosity. "That is very kind, thank you! I will put these to good use," he exclaimed as he accepted the trade and placed the materials in his inventory. "I am sure the coat will serve you well," he said with a small bow.

He smiled as Teion entered the shop. "Please, this way," he motioned to the mannequin with holding the scarf. He opened a trade window with the girl and placed the scarf into the interface, not asking for anything in return. "I hope this helps up on the fifth floor."

(-1 Gambler's Coat, -1 Treasure Hunter's Scarf, +4 materials)

Edited by Isen

Emerath felt the tap on his shoulder and smiled at his friend Teion, "Ah, yes! I appreciate your referral!" Emerath accepted the trade with Isen and smiled at the man, "You're quite welcome, and I hope to see that you do, when I decide to come in and visit again for more items in my wardrobe." He unequipped his suit jacket and equipped the long coat in its place, adjusting it and looking over himself in a nearby mirror. "Looks perfect," he said to himself with a smile, as he then turned and followed behind Teion and Isen to another mannequin with a scarf on it. Emerath smiled at Teion and her new item as he said, "That is a lovely scarf. Isen, you do have an eye for quality."

Finally, satisfied with his purchase, as well as being able to see a good friend of his, Emerath did make his way out of the shop with a smile, but not before turning to Isen and Teion both and saying, "By the way, Teion knows this, but Isen, if you ever need a healer, or some added damage on a quest, I would be happy to offer my services. I'm also a favorite for the Breaking the Unbreakable quest, seeing as I'm a Martial Artist. Something to keep in mind. See you around!"

Additional Notes:

• Gained Gambler's Coat (+2 LD Clothes)

Strolling around on Floor 2, Nobuyuki stumbled across a tailor shop. Felt like in need of a new coat to deal with the cold environment of the fourth floor, Nobuyuki entered the shop. He was impressed with all the animals craved into the wall. Walked to the counter, he greet the shop owner. "Hello there. I'd like to make an order for a leather trench coat, if you don't mind. Here's the detail of the order. I will make the payment as soon as the product is complete."

Recipient: CaptainUndead
Item: Brown Coat of Evading
Quality: Perfect
Enchantment: +2 Evation; +1 Damage Mitigation.
Detail: A Brown Leather trench coat made of light and protective metal. It's designed for easy movement, weather protecting and could soak up some damage for the user.