[PP-F2] <<Breaking the unbreakable>>Stone-killers(Emerath)

Zandra sat in her shop, sipping on a cup of hot choclate. She was sotting infront of her fireplace, having a great time. But as the hours passed she felt more and more that she wanted to do something of this day except slacking infront of the fireplace. She wasnt that far from grandmasering her first aid skill. If she trained ard hopefully she would achive that before the next boss fight. Not that it gonna make any difference, the only one she had participated in, she didnt even used it. So, enough resting time now.

Zandra decided to make a quest she havent done before because it will take so long time. But first time you do quest, you get extra skill points, and that she needed. She warped down to floor two. It would be pretty boring to do it alone. But to make it go a little faster, she brought a potion with her that increased her strength. She took it up and drank it, feeling the increase in power. Then she looked around to see if there was anyone that wanted to tag along. But after she had got denied a dozen times she gave up. She walked towards a wall, leaned on it and took a deep sigh. Then she someone talking. She looked up and saw a guy coming closer. She thougth she spotted him standing a few meters from the last persons she asked. Had herd what she said and wanted to join her. She got a hopeful smile on her face.

Consumed:

+2 damage potion. Unarmed damage =1+2=3

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Emerath made his way to the second floor. He had been here for the Breaking the Unbreakable quest twice now, and this would be his third fighting a boulder. Every time he did this, he was stronger and stronger, and it felt good to be able to test his strength as he neared himself to becoming a Grandmaster Martial Artist with each passing day. He flexed his hands and his fists, looking at his enhanced gloves. Surely this would be the fastest he had done the quest so far, with the power pulsing through him now.

Emerath had seen a posting for assistance from a woman named Zandra, and so he made his way to the designated meeting spot and he found the woman leaning up against a wall. Emerath had his owl, Mist, perched upon his shoulder as he walked up to her and gave her a smile, and a light bow. "You must be Zandra, I presume? It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Emerath. I appreciate the offer to accompany you on this quest, and let us hope for the swift destruction of the boulder that has stood in the way of many aspiring Martial Artists." He chuckled, and Mist gave a soft hoot at the woman, as if to say hello.

It turned out that Zandra was right. This man wanted to help her with her quest. ''Oh thank you. Thats very kind of you.'' she gave him a friendly smile and reached forth her hand for a handshake.''You already know my name but I always like to introduce me when meeting new people.'' she took a small pause before she continued.''Hi, my name is Zandra. Its a pleassure to meet you.''She was glad that there was someone that would accompany her, this would have been so boring to do all by herself. In some way, it felt like he had done this quest before, maybe even more then once. Well, they wouldnt be able to crush the rock by just standing here.''Well, Ive herd that to begin the quest you need to find an NPC in a hut or something like that, shall we go there? We can talk on the way when we walk.'' she hoped the man didnt got offennded, she would like to get to know him better but since this quest takes along time, they better get started as quick as possible.

Emerath gave Zandra's hand a shake when offered, following with, "A pleasure to meet you Zandra." When she mentioned the quest Emerath said, "Yes, we have to climb a mountain and there is an NPC at the top who will show you to the rock we have to break. It's a bit daunting but I should be able to ease the pain of it a bit. You should've seen my first time. I was there for about three straight days!" Emerath chuckled to himself as they walked, reminiscing about the past and how far he had come and how much he had grown. He smiled and shook the thoughts away as he looked at Zandra while the mountains they were set to climb grew in the distance. "How about you? What made you decide to be a Martial Artist? Not everyone has the patience for this type of thing, let alone the desire."

The two adventurers got closer and closer to the mountain. The mountain where they was gonna destroy a rock with only their hands. Then the red head beside her asked why she wanted to become an martial artist.''Well...'' she satrted, thinking about how to say what the reason was without offending him.''I dint realy are into martial arts. Im using a whip in combat. But there is a sword art Ive tried several times, but I just couldnt made it. When I looked it up it seemed I was a skill rank to low. But there also needed to have some skill in martial arts. And now Im here.'' She gave him a smile.''How about you, why did you wanted to be an martial artist?''

Emerath chuckled at Zandra and said, "You know, honestly, I started off wanting to be a Martial Artist for a very similar reason, in that I wasn't originally interested in it. I had been doing research into the game and I found out that there is a skill cap. Well, I didn't want to be a DPS, but I wanted to be capable of doing damage, and so, I chose Martial Arts because it wouldn't limit my skill options on the skill cap." Emerath shrugged with a smile to his companion, "Lo and behold, I ended up loving the art, and so now I build just as much for it as I do my healing."

As they reached the foot of the mountain, Emerath turned to Zandra and said, "Unfortunately there's no path that I know of. We have to climb up to the hermit on the mountain who gives the quest. Are you ready?"

It seemed that Emerath didnt was very different in the reason for choosing to become an martial artist. He wanted to be able to fight, but not waste one of the limited skill slots for a fighting skill when he could get one for free.''Well, thats actually a better reason then for me. When Ive completed this quest and becomes a rank two martial artist, then I gonna be able to make one more sword art. Whip only have acces to two AOE's, one is the weakest possible and the other is requiring martial arts rank two.''she looked up at the mountain in front of them. It was pretty long way to the top. But if they needed to get there for the quest, there wasnt much choice.''Im ready.'' she said and took the first step towards the top.

Emerath nodded to Zandra as she said she was ready, and as they began to climb he said, "To be fair, I think that's a fine reason. If you only have two AoEs, and one is silly, then striving for the other is a good idea, even if stuff like this is the cost." He grunted a bit as they climbed. He hated climbing, but he tried to keep his mind on the conversation at hand, "Besides, I needed a break from a lot of the stuff going on in my life, and meeting a new friend is always a great way to do that. So I'm rather glad that, as silly you may think the reason to be, you developed an interest in doing this quest." He smiled at Zandra, pushing himself to keep up with her during the climb. Third time doing this and I still hate it. I hate mountains...

Mist circled around the two as they climbed, occasionally giving hoots. Finally, she settled on a small tree sticking out of the mountain and watched the two climb.

Edited by Emerath

It seemed Emerath didnt thougth her reason to do this quest for the martial artist skill didnt was as bad as she thougth it was. To spend so many skill points for a single AOE as well. She wouldnt do it yet in awhile, but she wanted to have finished the quest the day she decides to invest the skill points needed. It took quite some time for them to reach the top. But when they was finally there, they saw a small hut. The two climbers entered the hut where they got met by an old man. It seemed this was the NPC that would give them the quest. The NPC asks if they would help him with a quest. Since thats the reason they have been traveling this far, Zandra accepts it right away. The old man shows them to a huge rock. So this was the stone they should destroy with their bare hands. The old man suddenly took fourth some quick dry paint and painted them in their faces. It seemed it would only disapear if they could destroy the rock. When she have herd that Zandra takes a few steps to the rock. Taking a deep breath activating her <<consentration>> skill. Then she with all her power hits her fist at the stone. For a few seconds it feels like the world is in pause, then Zandras eyes turns wide open and an undescribely pain appears in her right hand.''Gaaahhh!!!'' it seemed the markings had removed the pain-removal system that existed in SAO. She looked up at the stones health. This hit must have dealt like half of it. But when she saw it, it had lost less then ten percent. She shaked the hand to try to get rid of the pain.''Your turn Emerath, it dose realy hurt.''

ID: 39282

BD: 3+2+1=6 Hit 3 Damage

Rock: 47/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Emerath had hated that climb as much as he had expected to. He was sweating, and panting and he rolled onto the ledge when he reached it. After resting in the dirt for a while, he had seen Zandra accept the quest and made his way to his feet to go to the objective that was the rock. He watched Zandra take her first swing at the rock and couldn't help but chuckle as she reacted to the pain. Emerath nodded, "Yeah, but you get used to it after a while. You strengthen your body and condition it to handle the pain and strike even harder than before." To show this he took a step up to the rock, and gave Zandra a nod. He calmed his nerves and his breathing before giving a loud cry and throwing a fist into it with lightning speed, leaving a solid crack in the rock where he had struck. He turned with a smile to Zandra as Mist landed on Emerath's head and gave a hoot. Emerath bowed to Zandra and stepped aside, "Your turn."

Combat

• ID: 39281
  • BD: 6 + 1 (7) (Success) 6 DMG

Combat Results:

• Rock: 47/50 -> 41/50
Edited by Emerath

Zandra saw Emerath barely showing any pain at all. And he still dealt double as much damage as she did. It realy was good that she asked him to come with her, and that he accepted. She felt this would be done in no time. Her right hand still ached a little, so this time she decided to go for a left hand swing.''Okay, here it comes then.'' she raises her arm and her hand flying towards the rock. A few inches from the hard syrface the hand stops. Her body remebered the pain and didnt wanted to experience that feeiling again. She took another breath, this time she would hit. And she was right, she could tell from the pain she felt o her other hand. She saw the health of the rock drop a little more thou.''Youre turn.''

ID: 39284

BD: 7+2=9 Hit 3 Damage 1/5 cooldown for <<consentration>>

Rock: 41/50 -> 38/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Emerath smiled at Zandra making progress, despite that her face was filled with the pain of hitting the rock. Emerath stood next to her and smiled as he said, "Don't forget, Martial Arts isn't just your fists. If your hands are taking too much of a beating, switch it up a bit. Here, let me show you." Emerath looked to Mist, who was sitting on top of the rock staring at him, and gave a grin as he took a step back and focused his energy into his feet. Then in a flash, Emerath was running forward, and had launched himself through the air into the rock, connecting a solid kick into the stone, causing another crack to form in the surface of it. He spun around with a flourish and another smile, "Like so. Your feet may hurt less from severe impact, and will give you the opportunity to rest your hands. Give it a try."

Combat

• ID: 38385
  • BD: 5 + 1 (6) (Success) 6 DMG

Combat Results:

• Rock: 38/50 -> 32/50
Edited by Emerath

Zandra shaked both her hands to get rid of the pain. Thats when Emertath mentioned she could use her feets as well.''Couldnt you have said that from the beinning?'' she glared at him, almost like it was his fault that her hands was in pain. Of courese it wasnt. She backed away from the rock a few steps to be able to build up enough momentum to deliver a strong hit, making the cracks that had started to appear on the surface off the rock become more.''Is this good?'' she asked when she was about ten meters away from the rock. She was in her own world at the moment, focusing on the immobilised opponent she was fighting against. She herd Emerath saying something, but she couldnt tell the word. She started to run to the rock, preparing for some pain in the feets. She jumped, with the underside of her foot first. When the bare skin hitted the rock she, felt she did it much harder then she thougth she would. The feeling was almost as painful as it had been in the fist hits, almost.''Oh my, kicking worked better then fistinfg, and youre right, Im starting to get used to the pain.''

ID: 39421

BD: 9 Crit 3+1=4 Damage

Rock: 32/50->28/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Emerath gave Zandra a good round of applause for her showing, rather impressed with how quickly she was learning. He could still see the pain in her face, but he was glad that her body was able to condition itself after her strikes. Emerath nodded to her as he took his position in front of the rock again and said, "Rotation in your strikes is not only a great way to keep your opponent off balance, but also a great way to limit the wear and tear on your own body." Before he took his strike he turned to Zandra with a smile as he looked over his shoulder, "You know, if this weren't a game, you might have made a great martial artist in real life. Maybe after SAO you should give it a try."

He turned back to the rock and centered himself so that he could take out more of the rock's daunting health total, but as he went to throw the punch, Mist gave an ill timed hoot and distracted him just enough that his knuckles hit one of the existing cracks in an awkward way, sending pain shooting up Emerath's arm. He gave a cry of pain as he stepped back holding his hand. He gave a sheepish chuckle as he looked to Zandra with a light blush forming on his cheeks out of embarrassment. "Well, that was bound to happen eventually I suppose... You can go ahead."

Combat

• ID: 39425
  • BD: 4 + 1 (5) (Failure)

Combat Results:

• Rock: 28/50
Edited by Emerath

Zandra saw as Emerath became distracted and failed to do any damage on the rock. This was her chance to catch up to him, to hopefully deal as much damage as he did totaly. She had her accuracy trinket to thank for that.''Youre like double as strong as me, but if you dont hit your target, it dosent matter how strong you are.'' she stretched out her tongue at him to show she was only teasing him.''I will try this rotation thing.'' Her pain have disapeared from her hands now, so she decided to try to make another fist-punch. Thou, even when she rotated, it still dealt the same amount of damage as her previous strikes. But most important, she didnt missed.

ID: 39429

BD: 5+2=7 Hit 3 Damage

Rock: 28/50 -> 25/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Emerath watched as Zandra landed yet another solid strike, and smiled at her teasing, saying, "You're right of course. No sense in having good power with no ability to land a strike." He gave her a bow as she stepped aside for Emerath to demonstrate his own abilities once again. He looked up at Mist, and gave her a wary eye to make sure that she didn't hoot at the wrong time again. She simply stared back at him with her little eyes. She gave a hoot after Emerath didn't move, as if to say, "Yes, fine. I won't make noise." And he gave a nod back to the owl. But now. Now Emerath was jut nervous. He couldn't steady his nerves from his previous mistake, what with Zandra proving how adept she was in at least her accuracy. He sighed and tried to steady his nerves, but the strike that came about was lackluster at best and didn't even make a dent in the rock. Emerath shook his head and sighed, "Yeah..." Emerath flexed his hand a bit, the one he had hurt, as he said, "...maybe I ought to invest in some additional accuracy. It certainly wouldn't hurt matters."

Combat

• ID: 39452
  • BD: 4 + 1 (5) (Failure)

Combat Results:

• Rock: 25/50
Edited by Emerath

Zandra saw Emerath miss again, this realy didnt seemed to be his lucky-day. Zandra wanted to try some kicking again. She had seen in a video game a ninja of some short making a cool move. Standing on one leg and kicking with the other several times. Zandra prepared herself with a deep breath. Probably she was gonna miss now anyway. Your luck cant keep up with you forever can it? She consentrated on the rock. Then sprinted a few meters and then jumped up on her left leg. With her right leg she made three quick kicks, but she still had her balance up and felt she could deliver another kick. She was wrong, she landed two more hits on the rock.''Oh my, that was pretty good right?'' she turned to Emerath to see if he said her move was okay.

ID: 39497

BD: 10 Crit +2 3+2=5 Damage

Rock: 25/50 -> 20/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Emerath smiled at Zandra, impressed with her continuous prowess. She was showing the skills of a natural, and if he didn't know any better he would've thought she already knew the Martial Arts skill. She pushed herself to continue to strive for greatness as she continued to beat down the rock, and Emerath found that to be very admirable. He gave her a nod and said, "That was actually rather fun to watch. Makes me wonder how I look when fighting. There's a Sword Art that looks very similar to what you just did. It's too bad Sword Arts are denied on this quest, or else I'd show you." Feeling a bit more relaxed after watching Zandra's success, he put himself in position and readied himself for another strike. He was going to make this a solid one, not a floundering one like he had been. His nervousness had completely subsided and he was ready. Sure enough, his fist flashed forward and struck the rock with a solid blow, leaving another crack in the surface. The rock was getting pretty low now, as Emerath turned and said, "Not much longer. We're almost there."

Combat

• ID: 39551
  • BD: 7 + 1 (8) (Success) 6 DMG

Combat Results:

• Rock: 20/50 -> 14/50
Edited by Emerath

When Zandra saw the health, if you could call it health, maybe more kind of durability or something like that, was reduced to less then a third Zandra got new hope. This quest have been going on for quite some time, she had started to get tired of hitting the rock. Not because it was boring to try different kinds of hits, neither to be here with Emerath, it was the pain she wanted to get rid off. But she could never admit it to anyone. It was almost down, just a few mre hits theyd be there, so she pushed herself together and was gonna do another strigth punch with her fist.

Once again, her fist hitted the hard surface and a sting of pain went thru her arm. Her eyes got wet and she bit herself in the lip to not scream, felt blood taste in the mouth. She took a few breaths then turned to her fighting partner.''Youre turn sempai.''she said and putted on a smile.

ID: 39877

BD: 6+2=8 Hit 3 Damage

Rock: 14/50 -> 11/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Emerath didn't like seeing Zandra in as much pain as she was in. It made Emerath think of himself when he first did this quest. It had taken him two full days to complete this quest alone, and he was beaten, battered, and bruised, just from fighting a rock. But he had done it. Just as Zandra was. There was a lot of respect to be had from such a simple act of willpower, and he smiled, at the thought of someone considering Emerath a sempai. 

He took a stance in front of the rock, but his mind kept thinking of Zandra and her pain, and as such his blows glanced off the rock with barely a scratch. Not hitting hard enough to count. He sighed, and turned to the woman and rubbed his knuckles. After a moment of consideration, Emerath finally took off his gloves and held them out to Zandra. "I want you to use these for the remainder of the quest. I'd like them back afterwards of course, but they'll cushion your hands and increase your damage output. Most of all, you won't feel as much pain wearing them." Emerath smiled and added, "And lest you worry, I'm used to the pain. I think you need them more, in this moment."

Combat

• ID: 40030
  • BD: 1 (Critical Failure)

Combat Results:

• Rock: 11/50

Additional Notes:

• Dueling Gloves unequipped. -3 DMG
  • Dueling Gloves Offered to Zandra
Edited by Emerath