(PP-F12) Testing Out New Skills <<Lord of the Seas>> (Tristan)

Spoiler

<<Lord of the Seas>>

This quest takes place on Floor 12
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

lagiacrus_by_pachyrhinosaurus-d4awpzb.jp

Usually the swamps of Floor 12 are quiet, aside from the occasional splash from alligators or other swamp monsters traversing the murky waters. However occasionally, a great storm brews and lightning strikes the swamp, as though something was serving as a mobile lightning conductor. Sailors of Floor 12 speak of the "Lord of the Seas", an alligator looking wyvern which traverses the wet domains of the Floor as though it owns them and wreaks havoc to the sailors and fishermen of the Floor.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (22 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Sea Wyvern must be defeated
-Due to the muddy waters of the swamp, movement has been hindered and all players receive -2 to evasion. 
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Lightning Rod>>

Sea Wyvern Information:

<<Sea Wyvern>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 300
Damage per Attack: 96

On MD rolls of 9 or 10, its lightning strike will chain and strike the entire party for full damage.

Rewards:

1. <<Lightning Rod>> Grants a weapon a one turn paralysis effect on a critical hit. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.
Recommended Level: 33

Manta smiled, waiting by the teleport on the twelfth floor. She seemed to do that a lot more than usual lately, due to all of the friends and allies she was making. None of her friends had died yet, and she was determined not to let any of them. And that meant constant questing and training to grow stronger. As it happened there was a quest on the twelfth floor, call <<Lord of the Seas>>, that she hadn't done yet. Just the other day she had finally maxed out her rapier skills, and wanted to test them out while also showing off. And who better to show off to than one of her commandants, Tristan? She had sent him a message asking him to help her by tanking the boss a little while earlier, and was now waiting for him to show up or send her a message saying he was unavailable. Just in case she drank a safeguard potion.

Edited by Manta Gaul

Tristan had gotten a message from Manta, a now Brigadier at Azure Brigade. This would be somewhat amusing since the last time they met, she was strong on her focus to become stronger, effectively to become AB material and get to the frontlines. And Tristan gave her some advice, along with frontline and guild knowledge and the like. This also meant as he remembered that she had therefore left her previous guild to become stronger and well...better. He could only give her praise for sticking true to her word and becoming strong like she tried so hard to do. "Hello, how are you?" He sad to Manta when he arrived at the location.

Manta looked over and saw Tristan approaching. It had been a while since they had seen each other, and she had done a lot in that time, one of the many achievements of that time period being receiving an invite into the same guild. That was the cool thing about Azure Brigade. You didn't ask to join, so when you got an invite it just made it that much more special. "Heyo Tristan." She said in greeting. "I'm doing good. I'm looking forwards to this quest especially." It wasn't really the quest she was excited about but that combo she had spent almost her entire time in the game trying to unlock. "What about you? Anything happen since the last time we met?" She asked politely. He did look to have some new equipment.

Celes pulled out a crystal.  Her first test of her newfound strength would be here,  she thought as she activated the power inside. 

In a flash she arrived at her destination and took a second to adjust.  Looking around she realized she wants lone at Al.  "T-ttistan!  Hi!  I'm,  what's up?"  She turned to many and bowed deeply "manta,  love,  how are you?"  She asks as she takes her hand and places a light kiss on it.  She may be alone,  but her love in the real world always loved to see her flirt.  That wasn't gonna change now. 

Tristan nodded and said "Well I can only give you infinite praises for sticking to the promise you made to us last time and to become strong so you could fight together with us higher levels. I think you even proved that with entrance into Azure Brigade too, so colour me impressed in every way. Not many can hold up on the promises they give, or lose their drive along the way, but you stuck through it. As for me...hmm...did I have the Achilles unique skill last time we met? Since that's a thing.".

Tristan giggled and waved at Celes saying "Hello there bro-oh god that must be record time." he laughed at seeing her wooing at Manta, Celes always being quite the flirt. He rolled his eyes and walked to them and said "Well we have a giant sea monster to kill, so shall we leave courting for after that?", chuckling.

Manta smiled, blushing slightly as he complimented her. It hadn't been a big deal for her. She had wanted something and she'd gone after it, and it wasn't like she'd had much else to do with her time. "I just wanted to help out. The sooner we finish the game the better." She said, just as Celesmeh showed up. She had hazy memories of her, but couldn't remember anything for sure about her. A good deal of her memories from before her bout of depression had gone a bit hazy. She turned to Tristan momentarily as he mentioned the Achilles Unique skill. She smirked. From what she'd read of the Illiad Achilles hadn't been a tank, he had been agile and fast. She wasn't going to bring that up though, especially as traditional greek mythology had him as having invulnerable skin except for his heel. "All these unique skills are popping up... Do you know if one for the rapier has been found yet?" She inquired. Sure her thirteen strike combo was pretty awesome, but she still wanted more. She gave Celesmeh a little wave, a bit embarrassed by her way of greeting. People didn't normally call her 'love'.

She smirked at Tristan "courting? Please,  brother,  I'm meek as a kitten.  I wouldn't dream of corrupting such lovely person."  She straightened,  giving manta a wink.  "Now,  you said something about a monster?  I have a few rank 5 skills I've been wanting to try out,  so let's do this..."  She trailed off as she looked ahead,  her body filling with an electric excitement that was contagious.  "I'm ready to move,  shall we?" 

Tristan laughed and said "RIght and I'm jesus. Which is a lie as that's Zelrius. So I'll maybe take your word for it." Tristan mocked and chuckled. He turned back to Manta who asked about a rapier unique and said "It's possible, I don't know. You'd have to check with the Scout Broker the next time new rumours come in and hot off the press.". Tristan readied his spear and shield for the attack, saying "I'm ready too, though I'm also going to start now since I need to draw aggro of that beast.". Tristan found the beast that was there and used the move <<Howl>> to draw the attention of the beast.

Tristan 157/157 E: 38 H: 4
Manta 92/92 E: 23 H: 0
Celes 129/129 E: 31 H: 0
Sea Wyvern 300/300

Manta raised an eyebrow at Celesmeh before giving Tristan a nod. She followed Tristan to the beast and then charged in. Her blade glowed white as she activated <<Over radiation>>, stabbing at the creature multiple times, spinning and twirling to add momentum and for dramatic effect. Thirteen stabs later she jumped back to let Celesmeh do her thing. "Switch!" She shouted before retreating behind Tristan.

ID# 39104 results:

Battle: 9 Crit hit: (9+1 (charge)+1 (crit)=11x13=143)

Manta 92/92 E: 10 H: 2  (Safeguard)
Sea Wyvern 157/300 (-143 DMG)

Turn order: Tristan>Manta>Celesmeh>Sea Wyvern

Edited by Manta Gaul

By Celes smiled and prepared to charge at the best with dimensional stampede (-10 energy)  and speed across the beast as she did her familiar slashed at it with a class,  sounding the beast further... 

35109 9(crit)

5rank+3weapon+1familiar+2charge+1crit+1athletics=13×5=65×2=130

tle: 9 Crit hit: (9+1 (charge)+1 (crit)=11x13=143)

Sea Wyvern 27/300 (-130 DMG)

Tristan was not worried about attacking, but instead had the Sea Wyvern come straight for Tristan to the attack. Tristan merely huffed in response, looking very not scared at all about the entire thing, where most would be crapping their pants in worry of being slaughtered. The beast slammed straight into his shield and took a hard nock to the face with Thorns, Flame Thorns and Achilles because of all his unique equipment and skill, meaning the beast ended up very well...dead. Dead dead. Deader than anything else for sure. Tristan could only laugh to himself at that result and said "So...I guess that solves that." rather nonchalantly to killing a monster without even attacking it.

ID# 39104 results:

MD: 8. 96 - 66 = 30 damage. /2 and sent back with Achilles, 15 damage received and sent back. Flame Thorns and Thorns activated, 6 + 6 damage dealt back.
LD: 12, 1500 Col reward

Sea Wyvern 0/300 (-27 dmg)

Celes smiled and patted tristan on the back "You're so hard headed, you killed the beast!" she said with a laugh. She looked over at manta. "that there was amazing. Your moves are fantastic!" she exclaimed. She looked at teh beast, thinking to herself tristan has gotten so strong, I wonder how i ever missed it.. "I wonder if i'll ever be as strong a dps as you are a tank."  she turned to manta "How are you doing manta?" 

Manta was glad that someone recognized all of the hard work it had taken in order to get that move. "Thank you Celesmeh. I finally got the rapier grandmastered two days ago." She explained. She looked over at Tristan, glancing at the equipment he wore. He was certainly an impressive fighter. What was even more impressive was how he killed mobs by standing there and letting them attack him. It was kind of scary how strong a unique skill could make you. She could only hope that she would get one so she wouldn't be left behind.

Tristan laughed to what Celes said and replied with "Well sure I have a unique skill, but a lot of the work done is also by the equipment I earned by being the tank I am. I've actually earned more equipment since but I feel bad hoarding, so I give it to other people instead. Like an armour that suited her I gave to Flints and I have a shield I'm thinking of giving to Endilix. So try hard and you'll earn them yourself or have someone else hand them as reward for your efforts.". Manta also looked partially incredulous at what he managed, though he had to admit not much of that was even his unique. In fact in most fights it does very little, being his last line of defence, so is only more useful for the harder fights.

Celes smiled and found a dry place to sit "so what now captains?  Is this it? I was hoping for more bite and less bark...."  She sighed,  it was hard now,  she realized,  to not get through bottles quickly.  "you know we've really gotten stronger...."  She said thinking about how they used to be when they first started. "manta,  Tristan,  what do you guys want to do?  Like,  rush the Frontline?  Battle bosses?  Do you ever think that its so arbitrary?  Like some guy is making us for all of this for what?  Freedom?" 

Edited by Celesmeh

Tristan shrugged to what she asked, which seemingly was going in depth into the purpose of SAO. He could only say what he knew there was with "All I know the Nerve Gear with the technology is said to be one of the best at reading player emotions. The purpose? That's something to Kayaba on Floor 100. My best guess is though is to measure how people are in this type of scenario, measure effectively the extent of human emotion, since we are in a situation where are deaths are real and everything has consequences, where people can obtain great power like a video game. As for what to do, it depends. Have you done Butcher of the Sands yet Celes? If not, can do that.".

Manta smiled. She felt like Tristan had just made a very important point, even if it wasn't the one he was trying to make. In this game you could become powerful, even without the help of unique skills. She wasn't about to get left behind as long as she kept trying as hard as she had been. Celesmeh spoke up, asking a very important question. She didn't want to voice her own opinions though, as they were more than slightly depressing. "Maybe what your saying is true." She said to him before looking over at Celesmeh who had just been asked if she'd done Butcher of the sands. "I can help out with that as well if youd like. Or if you two would rather do it by yourselves I can go hunt for mats and col."

Celes perked up at the offer "I haven't!  Let's do that guys! You too manta,  leave the col for later,  we are so much cooler!"  She added with a wink.  She grunted as she got up and stretched,  looking over to manta and Tristan she asked,  "so where to now?  What floor?"  She asks,  pulling out a teleport crystal. 

Edited by Celesmeh

Tristan scratched his chin in thought, trying to remember what it floor was on. "I believe the Butcher is on Floor 5 if I recollect, we fight them in an arena. And considering its ability to bypass damage mitigation, I'd say having you there Manta would actually be ideal, so I agree, come with us.". He smiled at them both as he felt himself still pumped to fight, which must have been from being able to fight with his 'brother' again. They referred to each other as brothers since they were like siblings to one another, Tristan having effectively raised Celes when they started in SAO.

Manta looked over at Celesmeh who had a teleport crystal out and was all set to teleport straight to the fifth floor. "Umm. Maybe you should save that. We can walk back to the teleport in the settlement and use that. Teleport crystals can be pretty expensive." She said. Besides that fact, she didn't have a teleport crystal herself. "Regardless of how we get there, i'm all set to do some more fighting."