[AB-F13] Of Gods and Commandants

Shizuka watched as the angels were indeed finished off right there. She didn't have a part of the battle at all, but she honestly didn't mind. Her job was not to deal damage... Instead, it was to strike down any possibility of death during the fight but she really didn't have much to do and she would be obtaining the skill points that she has managed to receive from this special quest. With a smirk of gratitude, she congratulated the others... Indeed, they had finished the quest and now there was plenty of time to relax and communicate among each other. She had realized that every player that had participated in the quest were indeed powerful Azure Brigade members and she wanted to get to know some of them better if they were to participate in many boss fights later on. Currently, she really wanted to know more about this "Celes" character as it was indeed the first time that the two had met each other. Because of her curiosity in other players, Shizuka went over to the woman especially after the ending of the quest before starting a conversation, "Awesome... That quest ended quite soon. That leaves a lot of time before the closing of the thread and during this time, we can maybe communicate among ourselves?"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celes smiled as the young woman approached.  She smiled and offered a hand,taking hers and kissing her fingers lightly. "Hello love, how did you fare the battle?" She looked her over "I do believe with a healer like you i feel better already!" she says with a wink.  "I would love to communicate privately with you. what would you like to know?"  she adds, genuinely curious as to the reason that this girl arrived. 

No one seemed to be attempting to start a discussion with her or anything, so she leaned up against one of the walls to watch the rest of them. Shizuka was engaging Celesmeh in small talk, or so it appeared. She had been prepared for a true battle, one that would be risky, and take a lot of effort to complete. With Zelrius and Ssendom's  help it had all been exceptionally easy though. She needed to get one of those unique skills for herself. Hopefully there was one that worked for her.

Ssendom walked over to Manta and leaned against the wall that she had taken up, he looked over the battle field to see many others finishing up their area's of fighting, "Thank you for helping, and I mean that sincerely." He says in his deep booming voice with his head visible but lined with a Hydra's Skull, "I know it seems as though you weren't able to do anything, but sometimes winning and losing only matters by slight numbers. And any little bit goes a long way." He smiled at her genuinely in his appreciation, he then patted her on the head, "By the way, now that the God of the Swamp has met it's end. I will be in need of many Health Crystals, and since you're my brigadier mind helping an ol' man out?" He asks with a laugh as he drops his inventory menu and pulls 30,000 col out which he hangs in front of her, "I could really use it." 

Manta looked over at Ssendom as he walked over and leaned on the wall next to her. She didn't know him well, but she genuinely liked him, even after only a single battle and a brief conversation. He seemed pretty straightforward which was nice. He mentioned even small numbers making a difference, and that struck a chord with her. She had literally told herself that a couple of days earlier when she'd upgraded her rapier skills. "Your right about that." She said in reply.

She raised an eyebrow as he patted her on the head. She couldn't really blame him though, the differences in their ages was probably quite large. She lowered her eyebrow as he mentioned wanting her help with healing crystals before holding a rather large bag of col in front of her. She couldn't help smiling, not because of the col, but because of the sense of deja vu she was getting. This was almost exactly what had happened in her shop all of that time ago. "Sure." She said, looking past the col and into his eyes confidently. She could definitely do health crystals, at least once she finally ranked up to rank five. "I'm still working to get to rank five though, so it'll be a short while before I can do crystals." She explained.

Ssendom smiled at her when she said sure and smiled back at him confidently, he didn't know why but he rather liked this girl, probably because she told him no to his face some time ago when he offered a very lucrative contract. He liked people who had the confidence to stand up and refuse something once and while, it was rather invigorating. When she mentioned to him that she wouldn't be able to do crystals just yet didn't bother him, "Well if you need anything to get it going, ask your friendly neighborhood Barbarian. The man is a col making, material gaining machine." He laughed as he talked about himself in the third person, "If you ever need anything Manta, don't hesitate to ask." He mentioned as he turned his head to watch the rest of the fighting continue in the air above them. His face turned sour when he noticed Leothiel was beginning to be overpowered by the likes of the Floor Boss Avarious.

Manta recalled someone mentioning Ssendom being loot jesus. She believed that it was Tristan. So she had no reason to disbelieve what Ssendom was saying about himself. She stood up straight, no longer leaning on the wall. Manta turned to follow Ssendoms gaze, up to the fight taking place above. Things did not seem to be going well for the white winged angel. She wished that she could help, but it wasn't like she could fly. She wanted to believe that the good angel would over power the evil one, but judging by the fact that the evil angel was the floor boss it wouldn't turn out that way, otherwise they would be getting free access to the fourteenth floor.

Shizuka watched as the girl decided that she would kiss her fingers once more. Of course, the girl's method of talking was already rather awkward but with the addition of the finger kissing, it was almost unbearable. However, she didn't want to look bad in front of the newly met girl either so she would have to play along anyway. Honestly, she didn't really go over with purpose in mind... It was more like an introductory stage as she knew that the girl was very powerful to be in the same guild as she. With a smile and a sigh, Shizuka began to speak once more. "I didn't really come over with a purpose... Just wanted to introduce myself to a new player that I've met ya know? Here, I'll add you to the friend list, Celes." She said, recalling the girl's name from earlier. 

Manta leaned back up against the wall, her gaze directed towards the ground. There was nothing to do but wait for this event quest thing to be over. And that seemed to depend on when the two angels finished up their fighting. Judging by the fact that this was a well made game, the only explanation was that there was still fighting going on somewhere and the system was waiting for whoever else was fighting to finish up. That might be a long time though, as the only reason they'd finished so quickly was because some of the best players in the game were in their guild.

Celes froze for a moment "F-friends list? I... I guess" she blushed. While she enjoyed playing with people, few were on her firends list at all, so she wasnt sure how to respond. "So um, youre support right?  How do you like it?"  she asked, not sure how to move on "Ive never been able to be one, but i appreciate all teh help you guys do! " she added hastily

Shizuka smiled. Indeed, she was a support and she enjoyed it very much. For someone like her, she was pretty mich made for healing and helping others... Whenever anyone needs something from her or needs assistance from her, she'll always be there without hesitation, even if it is from someone with a strange personality or tough mentality. As she thought about the answer she was going to say, Shizuka looked over to see that both Manta and Ssendom were looking up at the sky. With a curious look, she looked at what they were staring at and it was something rather strange. She had not even seen it until now... It was the sight of two angels with contradicting colors fighting against each other. Shizuka gulped as the fight grew more intense. However, she still had the girl's question to answer. "I like being a support... It really is a nice class as you can help others and this is what I plan to do with my life. Being friendly at all times and being calm in even the hardest situations along with the ability to communicate effectively and solve conflicts is just what the role of support means to me... Honestly, I think that is the guide that all supports need to follow through. Plus, the frontlines need a lot more supports to clear more bosses... That is the point of the game isn't it? Not for glory but to free us all from this virtual jail." Shizuka finished. It felt like she had just spoken a speech, but it was nothing close... It was just something that she had wanted to say since a long time. This was just her honest thoughts and opinions about her class and she honored that code that she had set for herself... However, this was definitely not the time to be talking about her... Indeed, Shizuka pointed over at the sky in which the two angels were battling it out. "Look..." She whispered in a quiet voice, not sure of how to respond to the situation at the moment. Her gaze attracted by the two angels completely.

Celes smiled to herself. Shizuka was adorable. Someone so generous and wiling to help others seemed good in her book. "YOu really are amazing, thats beautiful..." she began to say when she was interrupted by shizuka. The Dark One flashed his blade, rushing through his attack with unprocessed speed. The Light One moved just as fast, stopping his blade with a flash of his ow, their hits meeting as the pushed one against the other. They pushed off, the Darkness below, Light above. Once more they flashed. this time their hit met with explosive contact, causing a shockwave to rush through the battlefield. Celes count help but hold her breath "Gods above, they seem so evenly matched... How are we supposed to defeat a creature like that... We have to survive bu-" she was cut off. Another hit, another wave of force rolled over them.

Manta walked over to Celesmeh, ignoring the shockwaves as best she could. "Don't worry about it Celesmeh. No one will be fighting the boss alone. We'll have healers like Shizuka, and tanks like Tristan. With people like them we're bound to win." She said with a smile. In her opinion, the whole point of this game was teamwork. That was how players were strong, by banding together. It wasn't about being better than other people, but about how you can best help your fellow players.

Celes looked at manta. She wanted to belive her but... after losing so many to a boss.... It just didnt seem like enough. She wasnt sure how to say it. How to say how futile it all is. To see them die right before you. To know that some stronger than her were capable of falling like dominoes. She though all of this but said none. "Youre right. As long as we work together...." her expression softened "We can win this. We'll make it out..." 

Celesmeh echoed the words back to her, but didn't seem to believe them. She was starting to think that Celesmeh had been through some sort of horrible experience that made her doubt the frontliners strength more than most. Manta walked a bit closer to Celesmeh and gave her a brief, but comforting hug. "Trust me. Everything will work out." She promised, stepping back once more. She was going to prove that to Celesmeh as best she could. They would see this game through. Manta was certain of it.

Celes leaned into the hug. She hadnt had many people be so nice to her. Not like this, not since... Well anyway. She hugged back and smiled at her "I'll help in the best way I can: My glaive!" She gave Manta a confident smile "Lets do this, together! With everyone around us, i'm sure we can win... even... even against that." She turned to look at the angels again. Their attacks seemed more hurried, almost sloppy. As if the fight were ravaging both of them...

Manta followed Celesmehs gaze back to the angels. The way they were fighting had changed a bit. As Manta had guessed before, the white winged angels strength seemed to be failing. It was only a little at that moment, but she knew that the fight was already over. It was just a matter of when the dark winged one would land the final blow. She looked back to Celesmeh, glad that she seemed to have cheered up. "That's the spirit." She said encouragingly.

"On that note," Zelrius drew his blades, scrapped them along eachother, then re sheathed them. He gave his cloak a quick flap and his tuxedo a quick dust down. Pulling on the ends of his bowtie to make it tighter, Zelrius rearranged the two pendants around his neck. "It is time we moved out to the meeting our scouts will be hosting for the next boss battle." Zelrius took a moment to smile at the descending Angel pleading for the Players to defeat the Fallen Angel. He grinned, remembering his fight with Michael and Lucifer. "I've defeated Archangels before, and I think  it is time for some entertainment," His gaze shifting to the Cathedral that held Avarious and there the Fallen angel stood, taunting and calling toward the Frontliners. "Let's see you dance, like the Heaven's bastard Child you are."  It was boss fights like this that kept Zelrius from going into an inn room and never came out again. These were the little tid bits of excitement the blonde Commandant ever had gotten ahold of. Inspecting his party, Zelrius gave a genuine smile "See you all there," With that, he turned and left.

Zelrius Leaves the Thread.

Celes looks at zel leaving and checks her messages. She sees the call.  She continues to watch the angels. Avarious pierces through the heart of Leothiel crashes ground bleeding. But...  His body doesn't dissolve like a defeated monster...  Instead  a golden white light explodes con the angel and is absorbed by A various.  "Your Souls shall belong to me! If you dare to fight in MY DOMAIN!"  he rushes off and into the cathedral,  the cores crashing shut being him. 

Celes watches in awe as this unfolds and then says  "Well fudge."  She quickly scans the group.  "Well come o  we have a meeting to attend to...."   

Celes leaves the thread

Manta watched sadly as the angel with the white wings was struck down and absorbed by Avarious. She had expected it, but she still couldn't help but feel sad about it, even if they were just NPCs in a game. She noticed an alert on her status bar and swiped open her HUD to her messages. It appeared that everyone who had helped to fight off the Darkened Souls was invited to the boss raid meeting. She had fought in the last boss battle, but she hadn't attended the meeting, so this was bound to be interesting.