[PP-F4] Icy Reunion <<Avalanche>> (Grave) COMPLETE

~"Ok.. which one is next..."

The woman warped onto the snowy Floor Four in the heart of Snowfrost. She held a small brown book in her hands, which she was flipping through the pages trying to find information on this floor. Once she found the chapter about the floor, she carefully read through it while slowly walking through the town. ~"..dire wolves... snow leopards... ice elementals..." She read through the list of enemies, mumbling to herself. Once she reached the ending, she let out a sigh and closed the book. There was nothing she could see about any recorded field bosses in the area. For the past few days, Jevi was on the hunt to get stronger and bring her level up.. so she felt the best way to do that would be to take on the respawning field bosses each floor had to offer. For now, she had been lucky to hear about them, or read it in the player's guide.. But this one seemed unrecorded. ~"Might as well try to find it on my own.." Jevi said to herself, going into her inventory and equipping her bandit scarf. The girl then stepped from the safe zone, tossing the scarf over her shoulder, and into the snowy fields, hoping to get some clues as to where this field boss could be.

Edited by Jevi
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crystalline sifting sound of a warping body filled my senses as my character was transported from Floor Three to Four... the same Floor the Blades were formed on.  I had little to do with the Guild anymore; Mack had not contacted me for quite some time, and not to mention most of the Council was going AWOL.  If we had to let it die, so be it, as much as I despised the idea.  Without Mack and the others around, it would be a terrible journey reviving the Blades alone.  And yet... there I was, on the frozen wasteland that served as our motherland, grey coat billowing in the wind.  It brought a somber grin to my lips.  It only showed I still held such an attachment.

I guessed while I was there, a logical choice would be to take down Avalanche again; the SP would have been very handy... if I received SP a second time.  With Hikari around my neck like a scarf, I trudged through the thick snow layering Snowfrost's cobbles, moving as silently as the namesake of my coat.  I began to make way to the fields where Koumori and I had slain the colossal snow cone... but a familiar figure caught my eye; standing out in the fields was a girl with deep purple hair and a scarf around her neck.  Grinning, I broke into a jog, still moving silently along the ground, but my presence still had yet to be unnoticeable.  As such, I could tell I had alerted Jevi before I even reached her.

"Well, hello there, Sweetheart." I jested as I slid to a stop, and saluted the bandit girl.

The girl had been slowly walking through the snowy fields, the Izunami blade at her waist, clad in her Desert Hawk armor. Her yellow eyes glared forward, scanning the region for any sort of sign of some giant ice monster.. or at least she figured the boss would be an ice armor. She sucked her teeth and rubbed her arms to warm them from the cold. Suddenly, she heard a voice greet her, once she had not heard in a long time, calling her 'sweetheart.' She slowly turned around to look at the man, who turned out to be Grave. Jevi looked at the man without words, and her eyes widened and brow furrowed. She felt a couple of different emotions running through her mind right now, happiness, being worried for him.. but for some reason, anger lashed out. Her hand, the one without the metal gauntlet, came flying from her side, smacking Grave across the face. ~"Where the [censored] have you been?! I was worried something happened to you!" She then, just as suddenly, wrapped her arms around the man, despite embraces being strange in her heavy armor. ~"Tch, asshole.."

Well... quite an unpleasant surprise, and possibly a critical blow if it were the real world, but my head snapped to the side suddenly as a chunk of metal collided with my cheek, and I spun around, cradling the injured region.  I swear she is trying to get herself an orange cursor... I thought, chuckling inwardly.  My pirouette was halted by a pair of arms awkwardly holding me tightly, and I laughed down at the purple-haired girl grasping me. "I feel I may have deserved that..." I admitted, tenderly placing a bandaged hand to her head. "I have... been out and around.  Cooking, guild duties... I guess you could say I have kind of been 'AFK', if you get what I mean." I explained, my hand still on her head.  I shrugged off her insulting nickname and instead returned the question, "How about you?  Where has the bandit girl been?" I asked, poking her scarf playfully.

~"Yeah you did." she said, releasing Grave from her embrace. She crossed her arms under her breast plate. ~"You should have at least sent me a message, I would have stopped by your cafe if I knew you were so busy." Apparently he was merely busy with everything, and had separated himself from the world for a bit. Jevi could not blame the man, for she actually had done the same. ~"I've been around... Actually.. I kinda shut myself out for a bit about a month ago.. didn't really leave my shop much.. kinda went into a depressive state." she rubbed her arm and looked down at the snow at her feet. ~"So.. I really can't be mad at you then huh.." she let out a pathetic excuse for a chuckle.

• 3 weeks later...

"I would have messaged you if I knew you were so damn worried about me." I responded, smirking softly. "I honestly did not think you'd miss me this much." I added, my mind sifting through reasons why she may have been so anxious about my safety. "Not to mention you could drop by my café any time, if I am not there just shoot me a message." I suggested, patting Jevi's shoulder. "Oh, you did now?" I asked, giving her shoulder a light tap. "A tad hypocritical if you ask me.  You are bashing on me for not contacting you when I was on my leave, yet you were basically unavailable yourself." I teased, my lips struggling to stick in a line. "You can also call on me if you need to, you know that, right?" I offered the purple haired woman, cocking an eyebrow. "Exactly, we are both in the wrong here." I agreed and ruffled her hair playfully.

~"Well.. you know I don't have that many people to depend on anymore.. aside from pretty much you, Glory, and Opal..  She brushed back a lock of the purple hair behind her ear, looking down at the snow. ~"Just don't let it get to your head" the yellow eyes shot back up to look Grave in his with a glare. The man teased Jevi for being a hypocrite, getting angry at Grave for not staying in contact when she, herself, shut herself out from the world for awhile. ~You're right." she said with a heavy heave. ~"Anyways.. You're here now. Might as well make yourself useful." she said, her lip hooking into a smirk and she raised one of her eyebrows. She turned around to look out at the snowy landscape, ~"I've been trying to find a field boss in this area, goes by Avalanche I think. Any idea where I could find it?"

Edited by Jevi
  • 2 weeks later...

My mouth took on an awry shape when Jevi went ahead and mentioned the people she could depend on. I gave her a light tap on the head - careful not to activate my Martial Arts, because that may have hurt a tad - and tilted her chin up to look into my eyes. "Jevi, you know you can depend on me whenever, right? I will make sure that I can do that from now on, especially if you have very few that you know." I warned her, before a question arose in my mind. "Wait... that list did not contain Shaya... what happened about her?" I asked, distinctly confused. As much as I had suspicions of what had happened, I was not prepared to go and jump to conclusions. I cracked my bound knuckles when Jevi displayed her intention of putting me to use. "Okay, whose heads are we knocking together this fine wintry day?" I asked, grinning. Then she mentioned the Avalanche. "The Avalanche? Hey, I actually took that down once before! Come, let me show you!" I offered, hurrying up the snowy hill, gesturing behind me for the purple-haired girl to follow.

Jevi felt a light tap on her head, followed by the same hand gently raising her chin up with a knuckle, moving her to look him in the eyes. Her yellow eyes glistened a bit as the little bit of sun that poked through the clouds shone onto her brown face. He told her than she could always depend on him, and that he would do his best to make sure he was there for her when she needed it. The girl could not help but let a soft smile spread across her face, mouthing the words ~"Thank you." She then brought her head back down to her own level. Grave then asked about Shaya, being her name was not on the list that Jevi had given him. She held her arms across her chest, slightly hugging herself. Her face turned to that of loneliness and sadness, bringing back the feelings she had for the past month. ~"I could not tell you... She stopped replying to my messages and has not shown herself in awhile.. I thought she loved me.. and I loved her but.. I don't think I feel that way for her anymore.." She looked back up at Grave, ~"What do you think? Should I just move on?" She continued the conversation after following Grave up a snowy hill in the direction he knew the Avalanche would spawn.

My face contorted in confliction when Jevi voiced her concern and worry about her relationship with Shaya. "I... I have not seen her in quite some time either.  I... understand how hard it must be." I empathised, thinking over my deep crush on Opal; with her massive change... it was difficult to love her. I loved her as she was back then; she was fun-loving, flirty and spunky, and now she was serious, and pushed herself too much... I had no idea what to do with myself and Opal. Jevi asked me my opinion on what she should do, and I simpered, gently placing a hand on her head. "Jevi, that is your choice to make, not mine." I told her, looking at her sternly before chuckling. "Heh, I still remember how pissed you were after I told you I flirted with Shaya. It sounds like you have come quite a way from that..." I mused, my eyes scanning up the snowy hill. I didn't want to go forcing Jevi's hand, but if that was the choice she made... so be it.

Jevi let out a light laugh, consisting of a single 'teh' noise. It was true, back then she got really pissed at Grave when he admitted to flirting with Shaya. ~"Yeah I did.. didn't I." She smiled, thinking back on old times. Before Shaya up and left, before she lost contact with Grave, and before she shut herself in her shop. ~"You know... funny thing is... about me and Shaya and all..." Jevi took a deep breath, not wanting to admit it, but it was the truth after all, ~"I started my relationship with Shaya... pretty much suddenly. As in.. the same day.. we met.." She felt embarrassed to admit the latter part of her sentence, but she continued on nonetheless. ~"But... The reason I was so quick to jump the gun. She was the first person to ever show me some sort of kindness and care. So honestly, when she told me how she felt about me.. I thought that I should feel the same way.. But thinking back on it, hearing other peoples experiences.. I guess it was not what I had thought.. how I felt I mean." She rubbed the back of her head, ~"You know.. I don't even know if that's what I'm into.. girls I mean." she laughed at herself.

I turned to lend a closer ear to what Jevi had to say, and when her voice trailed off, a chuckle began to rise in my throat... then a light laugh... and before I knew it I was roaring with laughter. Not at the fact that she did what she did, though! Before she could hit me or anything, I went to reassure her. "D-do not worry! I-if you had not been with her at the time, I likely would have done the same!" I saved myself, and then thought back to Opal; my laughing stopped, and my features grew glum. "Well... I have tried doing the same in this hellhole myself, to tell the truth. The first time I went on an adventure with Opal... I wanted to be with her right there and then, but as you can see, that did not happen, and now I have almost zero chance..." I droned on, surprisingly emotionally. I pulled myself together and continued listening to Jevi. "Is that so?" I questioned, before placing a hand on her shoulder and rubbing her lightly. "I guess I will do my best to pick up on the whole 'kindness' deal where she left off." I jested, smiling down at her. "Yes, jumping the gun may not have been the best idea if that is the scenario." I chuckled, removing my hand from her head, and I snickered even more at her final comment. "Jevi, if you like girls or not does not change the fact that you are one of my best friends in this hell." I reassured her, giving her chin a light tap with a finger. "Come on, champ, let us go kick some icy-pole ass."

Jevi heard a small snicker come from Grave after she mentioned the two had gotten together only after just meeting. That 'small snicker' soon turned into a loud belly laugh. She felt the fingers of her metal armored hand twitched and begin to curl into a fist. Part of her wanted to wipe that smile off his damn face. But she didn't, she felt too ashamed at herself and what she fell into... let alone devastated that Shaya had just up and left without any word. Whether she truly loved her or not.. it broke her heart. The first person who told her she loved her, gone. ~"..R-Right.." She said to grave, shining a fake smile his way. She could not be mad at him for laughing, anyone probably would laugh or judge her. He went on to mention how he wanted to be with Opal, which caused Jevi's yellow eyes to widen for a minute. ~"You wanted to be with Opal?" she laughed lightly, ~"I've actually grown a lot closer to Opal. She's a really amazing person." She looked at Grave who looked slightly upset for a moment speaking of it. She placed her gloved hand on his arm, ~"I-I'm sure you still have a chance. She's different, yes. But shes still that lovable girl on the inside."

Grave's mention of her being one of his best friends made her feel warm inside on this icy cold mountain. She truly cared for Grave, one of her closest friends as well. She smiled and looked up at him, ~"Yeah. I need to take that thing out and get stronger.. Can't let you get too far ahead of me in level." She smirked, trudging through the snow up the hill to catch up to Grave.

I scratched the back of my head abashedly, mimicking a silver-topped tomato. "W-well... yeah, ever since the first time I met her, I held a burning love for her, and I just could not entirely tell why." I admitted, throwing a shy, sidelong glance at the purple haired female. "Yeah... she really is amazing..." I agreed rather sombrely. My gaze flew back up at Jevi's touch, and I smiled softly at her. "Sweetheart, that is not the problem. If I could, I would still be with her... it is just the fact that she has closed her heart off completely. She told me that herself." I responded, brushing my bound knuckles on the underside of her arm. "I... I think I may have to move on, too." I finished, sighing with clothes eyes and fiddling with my Corrupted Crystal around my neck.

I chuckled when Jevi went on about not letting me get too far ahead of her. I knew how far there was between Opal and myself, and I did not like that. I had grown weak to the girl I loved... I had no idea how I would be fit for her. Jevi, on the other hand...

I thought back to the first day I met her - which was one of my first days here. We had... some altercations, but after a while we became pretty good friends, and I even got a kiss on the cheek from her at the end of it! I loved seeing Jevi happy and spritely... and it pained me when she was upset, much like when she was talking about Shaya. Because of Shaya, I had never really put much thought to Jevi... but now... now the spotlight shined on her. I may have had a chance... just maybe.

Smirking, I pulled up my menu and navigated to my stats and level, and flicked the interface over to Jevi. "Take a gander at that. How long do you think it will take for you to get there?" I asked, smiling slyly. It was still fun to tease her, I knew that much.

Seemed Grave really had feelings for Opal, and he felt truly hopelessly in love with her, and just did not know why. ~"Well, from what I know about her.. shes kind, beautiful, strong.." she turned to him, with a smirk that was just hiding some laughter. Her hands were cupped just slightly further out from her own breasts, ~".. and has boobs that would make any guy fall head over heels for her.. or girl." she shrugged her shoulders and turned forward again, chuckling at that brief reminder that even she found herself staring the first time she met Opal. But he was not convinced by Jevi's words of not giving up, for Opal's own words basically told him it would not work out. ~"Well.. shes been through a lot.. I'm sure there has to be something deep down in her.. But if it really does hurt you, maybe moving on is your best choice"

The man opened up his menu, allowing Jevi to take a gander at his level and stats. From what she could see, he was pretty much twice her level... but did not do much more damage than she did, which made her feel a bit better. However, she decided to humor him for now, make the man feel 'high and mighty' ~"May take me quite awhile.. so lets just get to that damn Avalanche already." She grabbed at the blade from the back of her waistband and pulled out the Izunami.. which was, in fact, Opal's old curved sword. She then held it at her side and picked up the pace slightly, trudging through the snow.

"Yes... yes... yes..." I agreed with each adjective that Jevi used to describe Opal, and then I burst into laughter when she motioned to her chest. "And definitely yes!" I said in between my cackling. I brought my vision back to Jevi and decided to try something daring. "No need to be jealous, you are pretty good yourself!" I said, and then realised that maybe being daring was a little too far... I just hoped she would not beat me to death for that. "Yes... she has. I... Jevi, I think I might move on. It just... it is not the same with her anymore." I said, patting her shoulder gently. "We can move on together, I guess." I mused, grinning, before I gave her a wink. "You never know, we might just move on together." I jested, leaving her shoulder alone.

"Yes, let us get the bastard." I agreed, feeling Jevi approach me quickly. Once she was at my side, I veered off to my right and gave her a playful shoulder nudge, like a child might on a snow day, trying to push th other into the freezing powder. I poked my tongue at Jevi when she regained her balance and prepared for a return attack.

Jevi's eyes widened and she felt her tanned face heat up, turning slightly red as she blushed at Grave's comment about her chest. ~"I-I.. You..Shut up!" She straightened up her body and took a step towards Grave, punching him in the shoulder with her gloved hand. She retraced her arm, shaking her hand off from the blow. Her face still a deep red as she turned her body away from him, giving him a quick glare. ~"Comment on my chest again and I'll give you two bruises the same size as Opal's.." she said, starting off in a serious tone, but could not help breaking the tension with laughter. Jevi felt bad for Grave.. she had no idea that he had such strong feelings for Opal. If she knew any better, she would have put in a good word for him the night the two spent together in that temple on Floor Seven. He then commented that the two could move on together.. and she knew exactly what he meant. Her face coming to a blush again, she bent down and grabbed a pile of snow. Contorting it into a large snowball, she threw it at the back of his head.. her lips hooking into a smirk.~"So.. any idea how much further until we find it?" She looked forward again at a small iceberg like mountain that sat in the snow at the base of the mountain in front of them.. Jevi looked at it curiously.. for it was much smaller and the sides of it were a different color, looking almost made of ice rather than rock. As they got closer, he saw some of the snow fall from the top of it. She quickly stopped, gripping at the sword in her hand. The iceberg then began to shake and shiver before it began to rise up on two large legs. Two arms then popped out from the side, and finally a small boxy head popped out from the top, pushing the snow off of its shoulders. It let out a loud roar, the icy breath shilled Jevi's body. ~"I guess that answers my question." 

the_princess_and_the_ice_monster_by_mong
Avalanche 
HP: 100/100
Dmg: 24

ID: 44266
BD: 2
MD: 1

Jevi: 40/40
Grave:??/??

Avalanche: 100/100

Edited by Jevi

I laughed aloud when Jevi smacked my arm like she had once before on the first day we met. "A-alright! That was just a one-off! It will never happen again, I promise." I have her a sincere, soft smile as she glared at me. I gently placed a wrapped hand to her head and rubbed her gently. "I am sorry." I apologized, before moving on further... until I felt a snowball smack me in the back of the head. A shiver went down my spine when the cold slush cascaded from my silver locks, but other than that I showed no sign that it bothered me - which, in truth, it did not, since I likely deserved it. The moment of fun and laughs was finally broken up by a giant, iceberg-like formation shifting around, extending limbs and a noggin, to reveal the Avalanche. I shrugged at the apparent change in shape; guessed it just meant it was not mundanely similar to the old one. "Right... let us kick some snowman ass." I said, clashing my knuckles together. I suddenly remembered the puns Koumori and I had made during the fight with the giant snowball. "This is going to be a n-ice fight..." Aaaaand off I ran before Jevi could do anything... though knowing her she would likely be able to hit me with a snowball if I was on the Avalanche's shoulder.

I had to take the bastard's health down quickly. I had recently put more points into <<Martial Arts>> and gained two new Sword Arts, but they both required a large deposit of energy, so I planned on using them as a finisher. Instead, as I approached the colossal foot, I anchored myself in the <<Delayed Sword>> position, my right foot back, keeping my body low, and my left hand as a knife across my hip. My feet were swamped in an aura like a dark flame, and the flurry initiated. My right foot crashed into the Avalanche's leg, sending distinctive cracks all throughout the limb. Without warning, my body was jerked into the air, and my left collided with the boss's waist. I was slung even further up, sending my right crashing into the living icy-pole's chest, until I was swung around to the back of his neck, where my hand seemed to absorb the energy covering my feet and it arced around, slicing into the monster's nape.

I always wondered if Sword Arts compensated for giant foes. The more you know.

ID: 44473 BD: 9 (7 + 2)

Sword Art: Delayed Sword - 8 x 4 = 32 DMG

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 9/13 | D: 8 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 1

Jevi: 36/36 | NRG: ?/? | D: ? | M: ? | A: ? | E: ?

Enemies:
Avalanche: 68/100 | D: 24

Edited by Grave

~"R-Really?" Jevi called out to Grave, after saying a really cheesy ice pun. ~"Why do I feel like that won't be the last one..." she said to her self with a sigh. She watched as Grave ran forward and unleashed a barrage of punches on the giant iceberg, taking a pretty nice chunk out of its health. The large enemy let out a roar that shook snow off of the trees around their fight, some of its body cracking slightly from the punches. ~"Alright, my turn.." Jevi said as she took off running, her armor clanking as she ran forward towards the enemy, her curved blade dragging in the snow next to her. As she took one last, large step towards the beast, she activated a new skill of hers, <Bear Knock>. The girl's sword began to glow a bright red as she swung her sword four times in succession, creating multiple gashes in the icy body of the Avalanche.

The smirk of success on Jevi's face was wiped off as the Avalanche glared at her with neon blue eyes. It charged forward, its body slouched over and its arms at its sides, looking as if it was going to clap them together with Jevi in between. As the Avalanche was on top of her, its arms seconds from closing, Jevi dove under the body of the boss, crashing into the snow. She quickly crawled out from under it and got back to her feet. 

ID: 44548
BD: 9
MD: 3

Sword Art: Bear Knock 4x5 = 16 dmg

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 9/13 | D: 8 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 1

Jevi: 40/40 | NRG: 6/10 | D: 4 | M: 11 | A: 2 | E: 0 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 2

Enemies:
Avalanche: 48/100 | D: 24

Edited by Jevi

(Not gonna risk building up energy for nothing XD)

I spun in the air and my shoes made contact with the slippery spine of the Avalanche. I began to 'surf' down the creature's back, guiding my fall around to his front by leading my feet through crevasses and ridges in the giant ice block's body. My descent made it's way to what might have been his shin, and I just about dove into the snow between its legs.

Fearful silver peepers watched on from the snow as a pair of blocky, chilled arms threatened to turn Jevi to mush. "Jevi!!" I shouted, genuinely afraid that she might not make it... but I was delighted to watch her dive through the sky towards me, and I stepped aside for her to clear a landing space. After she sent up the spray of slush and ice, I felt I had to lighten the mood. "This guy is snow joke, hey?" I asked, professionally keeping a grin at bay.

ID: 44564 BD: 4 (2 + 2)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 7/13 | D: 8 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 1

Jevi: 40/40 | NRG: 6/10 | D: 4 | M: 11 | A: 2 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 2

Enemies:
Avalanche: 48/100 | D: 24

Edited by Grave