[PP-F4] Icy Reunion <<Avalanche>> (Grave) COMPLETE

Jevi looked out the window at the serene scene of snow topped shops and the sun's light reflecting off of the white snow. She inhaled deeply before softly exhaling through her mouth, feeling relaxed just looking at it. The girl lost in the beauty of the floor was brought back to reality when she felt someone lightly grab onto her hips, causing her to flinch and let out a quick gasp. Looking over her one shoulder, she saw no one there, but as she turned back the other way, Grave was seating himself at the table she was leaning on. ~"Geez Grave." she said with a light chuckle, pulling out the chair she was next to and taking her own seat at the table. ~"I actually slept really well.." she said, a soft smile on her lips as she looked down at the ground and then back to him. ~"You looked like you did too.. stealing my pillow in the middle of the night and cuddling with it" she said with a laugh. Of course, she was lying. He actually was cuddling with her throughout the night and it was her that initiated it.. but being it was in the middle of the night, and did not want the idea of her getting soft on him going to his head, she tried to pull off a lie.. hoping it would work with him. Then again, Jevi was not the best of liars. She placed her elbows on the table and laced her fingers together to make a small platform for her to rest her chin on. She then turned her head slightly to look back out the window, her eyes half closed, and a smirk on her lips. She had images of sleeping the night before and thought of the warmth she felt, but of course, kept that to herself.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leaped off the table and pulled up a chair myself. "That is good to hear." I responded with a raccoon's grin. Then she proceeded to tell a lie; she had known me how long, and had been caught lying how many times? I had no idea why she tried pulling a similar stunt now. "Oh, yes, that pillow was very comfortable." I played along, looking the opposite way for a moment, before abruptly saying; "I know you were awake when you hugged me." While still looking away, and to avoid confusion; "Oh, and... I uh... deliberately cuddled you..." I trailed off, realising I may have been signing my own death wish by spilling the beans. Why did I always manage to do that?! Had I not admitted that, I may have looked rather smug and victorious... but instead I hung my head in my hands and felt like crying at how stupid I was to admit my deliberate movements. "I, uh, probably should not have said anything, hey?" I asked, my tone shaky from embarrassment.

Jevi's warm smile as she looked out the window became crooked, and she looked down at the table. He had caught on to her lie and knew that she was not telling the truth. She untangled her fingers, covering parts of her face as her cheeks turned red from embarrassment. ~"Er.. I.." she did not know what to say.. Should she try and come up with a better excuse and lie her way out of it? Or maybe if she just punched him he would drop the whole thing.. that usually seemed to work. But Grave crept back in with another comment, mentioning that he consciously turned over and pulled her into that embrace. She felt her face heat up even more, but she also felt a small smile try to break its way from her embarrassed expression. ~"N-No. Its okay." she scoffed nervously, ~"I figured as much that you did."

It was amusing watching Jevi attempt to formulate an excuse save her ass, but to no avail; she knew she had been caught and could not do anything about it. My admission seemed to calm her nerves though. Apparently knowing that I had also deliberately done something like that put her at peace. An eye for an eye, a hug for a hug, I guess. I had no idea what I was saying, but apparently I was feeling somewhat daredevilish. "I-I, uh... I enjoyed that moment last night... by the way..." I admitted, and the entire time I was screaming in my head; GRAVE, SHUT THE [censored] UP! Oh well, the least I could hope for would be that my second admission would put her further at rest and hopefully not make me seem creepy to her.

Jevi felt a knot in her stomach, a fluttering kind of feeling, as she spoke about the exchange the two had in the middle of the night.. Something she could not really describe. She sat there in silence, looking down at her hands, her fingers trembling slightly. What was wrong with her? She heard Grave mention how he enjoyed their night together. So did she, though she would not completely admit that she liked it more than she led on. She had never felt so warm and safe, let alone slept in someone's arms like that before. She closed her eyes and her lips began to quiver. That was when something came over her, a feeling that she could not describe. She pushed herself up to a standing position and leaned over the table, placing one hand flat down to support her as she leaned in close, grabbing Grave on his shoulder with her other hand, pulling him slightly. All within a matter of a second, she did so, and pressed her lips against Grave's, her eyes closed. After holding it for a couple of seconds, her eyes shot open and she backed up, nearly knocking the chair she was sitting in over. Her cheeks were red and her eyes looked confused. She pressed her hand to her mouth, ~"I-I.. I'm sorry I don't... k-know why I ..."  Before the man could react, or even reply, Jevi swung her hand up to open her menu and quickly equipped her shoes and orange starter shirt. ~"I-I shouldn't have..done.. I'm sorry." she said before rushing out the door of the room. The girl quickly made her way down the stairs of the inn and out the front door, still with her hand over her mouth in shock at what she had done. She felt guilty and confused.. She was still technically Shaya's.. but she cared for Grave too. She stopped in her tracks and took her hand away from her mouth, trying to make sense of her trainwreck of a mind. Jevi then continued to make her way to the warp pad, her shop on Floor Five as her destination.

I stood in shock when something seemed to overcome Jevi, as if she were in pain or under stress. "Jevi, a-are you alright?! A-are you hur-" I began to ask... but was shut up as soon as her lips pressed to mine. My eyes instinctively shut, even though I had no idea what the [censored] was going on. She pulled away, a hand to her lips, and I did the same to mine. "J-Jevi... wh-what..." I tried asking, and she stuttered over her words similarly. "N-no, Jevi, you do not need to be-" Neither of us could speak properly, and she began to equip her gear, bolting from the room. "J-Jevi, w-wait!" I called, swiftly equipping my gear likewise and setting onto her tail like a wildfire. My <<Athletics>> skill easily allowed me to keep up with her, if not gain on her, but due to her smaller stature she found it easier to duck through crowds. "Jevi!" I called over and over, but was drowned out by the bustling crowds of Snowfrost. "JEVI!" I watched her make way to the teleportation platform, and began barreling through, no longer caring for anyone but Jevi and I. As she began to make her way in, I grasped her wrist and pulled her back, embracing her against my chest. We stood there for a few seconds, as if no one else existed, before I pulled away, heart racing like a Formula 1 car. I had to choose my words carefully here.

"Jevi... I... l-look, I do not know Shaya that well. A-at least not as well as you do... b-but I know her well enough to know that she would not blame you for moving on." I explained, still grasping her shoulders. "Ever since I met you... I felt close to you, closer than you may have thought, and when I found out about Shaya... I do not know, I think I was heartbroken and felt separated from you. I think meeting and falling for Opal was more my way of keeping my attention away from you. Then just last night, when I found out you were thinking about moving on, and I too was thinking the same because of Opal's change... a flame was reignited in my heart." I elaborated, not giving Jevi a chance to respond just yet. "I know this might sound slightly creepy, and I apologize if it does, but I had been having this dream lately... in fact, it started when I met Shaya for whatever reason; I would be following this woman with long, blue hair and a luminescent body. I could not see her face, could not see her body, I could not tell anything about her. I followed her through these strange, stone hallways, turning down a new corridor each time I had the dream, but I never reached the end. When I met Opal, they became more frequent for some reason, so I started thinking the girl may have been Opal. However, the dream completely changed after I met her after her training; we turned down an entirely different corridor at one point, and emerged onto a hill... then when I was unconscious after the Avalanche, I was in that same spot, and when I looked to the girl... it was you." I finished, looking deeply and emotionally into Jevi's eyes.

"I think... I think what the dream has been telling me, is that the girl I have been chasing this entire time has been you."

Jevi had stepped up onto the platform with her eyes closed, ready to depart. ~"Warp Arm-" She was suddenly interrupted by someone grabbing her waist and pulling her backwards into a hug. Looking at the arms around her, she could immediately tell that Grave had followed after her and caught up to her. She took in a deep breath, feeling defeated that the man caught up to her after the stunt she pulled. He then turned her around and held her at the shoulders, spilling his feelings to her. Jevi could not look him in the eyes. She just listened to him, looking down at the ground. Once he was finished, she closed her eyes and stepped back, releasing herself from Grave's grasp. ~"Its not that.. Its just... I need to think about things.." Stepping up onto the warp pad, she spoke softly ~"Warp, Armadillo"

Thread Complete
Jevi, +4 SP, +400 col
Grave: +1 SP, +400 col

Edited by Jevi