[PP-F4] Icy Reunion <<Avalanche>> (Grave) COMPLETE

Jevi got up to Grave standing at the ready where she landed. Again, that mouth of his spurted out another bad snow pun. Jevi growled, giving him a sidelong glare, ~"Grave I swear I will [censored] end you." Taking her gaze off of her comrade and back at the Avalanche, she was unaware that the ice monster had already prepared another attack, lifting its large hands above its head, ready to bring them down on the distracted players. ~"[censored]!" Jevi yelled out, quickly throwing herself at Grave, knocking the two out of the way of the slam attack. As the snowy dust cleared, Jevi found herself with her head nestled into Grave's chest. She picked up her head to look at him, ~"You okay?" She then pushed herself up and quickly turned around, her sword art already activated. Just like last time, iusing her <Bear Knock> technique, she delivered another four large cuts into the walking ice cube, but not hitting for as much damage as last time. 

After only staggering slightly, the Avalanche lowered itself so it was using his fists to walk as well, like a gorilla. Getting up closer to Jevi, it released a harsh icy mist at the girl, freezing her in place. With wide eyes and all of her muscles frozen, Jevi could only watch in terror as the beast swung its body around, its legs crashing into the girl, sending her rocketing towards a tree. The girl's body smacked into the conifer, snow tumbling off and onto her dazed body. Lucky for her, her armor took most of the attack, but the critical hit the boss got on her really knocked her health down a notch, another hit or two like that and she would be done for. 

ID: 44580  BD: 6(+2) MD: 10 

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 7/13 | D: 8 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 1

Jevi: 25/40 | NRG: 3/10 | D: 4 | M: 11 | A: 2 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 3

Enemies:
Avalanche: 32/100 | D: 24 (16 dmg)

Edited by Jevi
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do not worry about ending me, and focus on ending the giant snow cone." I warned with a pat on the girl's back, and my eyes flew wide as the Avalanche decided to try playing a game of whack-a-mole with us. I was suddenly sent to the ground by Jevi, whom quickly followed, and opened my eyes to see her head on my chest. "Yes, I am fine, what about you?" I responded when asked, but I was unable to get an answer before she ran off, slashing at the creature once more... but when she finished, it was too late; a freezing mist crept towards her, before engulfing her like a wispy ocean. Her body froze and so did time as I watched the colossus's leg come crashing into the female. The ice shattered, and many of Jevi's bones likely would have too in the real world, as the oversized limb collided like a runaway sleigh with her immobile body. She was sent like a bullet through the frosty air and slammed into a tree, finalising her flight.

"JEVI!!" I shouted, bolting forwards, sliding underneath a low swipe along the way. I darted across the snow and could feel the Avalanche's eyes on me, but I did not give a damn. I dropped to my knees and skidded in beside Jevi, shaking off the pile of snow that had fallen on her. "J-Jevi, are you-" 'Okay?'  meant to ask, but my question was answered when I realised her health was knocked down to almost half. I grimaced, first in pain and worry, then in anger... murderous rage. No one hurts my friends and gets away with it.

I stood up, body no longer aware of the cold nibbling at every inch of exposed flesh. My eyes were shut as I spun to face the giant foe. "You... bastard..." I cursed, before a small grin tugged at my lips; I had to make one last pun before I went ape. "Ice-a la vista... baby." I quoted, my Schwarzenegger impression much better than my first time. As the iceberg approached, I took my <<Delayed Sword>> stance once more, and the shadows that engulfed my feet seemed to blaze more wildly than usual.

In an explosion of shadows, my right foot shattered the Avalanche's leg in two, causing him to topple to the side, but I was not finished yet, and planned to maul his entire being with my attack. I leapt up to his hip and sent a giant crevasse through his waist, before I delivered a powerful side kick to the wound, shattering his body in half just as easily I had his leg. Using the shards and chunks that exploded from his body, I climbed to his nape for the final time, my flattened hand a blade of savage blackness, and I sent the sharp reckoning through his neck, decapitating the giant creature. As his head flew, his body stayed immobile for a few moments, before the data warped around him and imploded, before shattering into millions of tiny shards.

I could feel myself slipping away... feel the energy expended in my rage consuming me with fatigue. My body became unresponsive in the air, and I dropped, like a stone off of a bridge, the glittering shards almost celebrating my descent.

ID: 44582 BD: 8 (6 + 2)

Sword Art: Delayed Sword - 8 x 4 = 32 DMG

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 3/13 | D: 8 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 1

Jevi: 25/40 | NRG: 3/10 | D: 4 | M: 11 | A: 2 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 3

Enemies:
Avalanche: 0/100 | D: 24

LD: 1 = 1 Avalanche Shards + 1 Snowfrost (All party)

Edited by Grave

The fact that the tree was an immortal object, obvious by the <Immortal Object> tag flying just above her head, the tree did not budge and that was what caused Jevi's slight concussion. She sat there in a dazed state, feeling the cold snow on her head and lap. Everything in front of her was dark and blurred, and her hearing was muffled. From what could be seen, her eyes were barely open, mostly the whites of her eyes being seen. She heard the muffled sound of her name being called out by someone, and as they came closer, she realized it was Grave. She lifted her head up slightly as her vision slowly returned. The look on his face was full of care and worry. She tried to answer, but couldn't, only replying with a nod of her head and a light groan.

She watched as the man got up and turned to look at the Avalanche. Was he really putting himself out there to finish it off on his own when he did not have strong armor like she did. Her hearing slowly began to come back, listening to what Grave said to the Avalanche about hurting his friends. Even in her state, she could not help but smile. That smile faded once he said another bad ice pun.. one even worse than the others. He made up for the bad pun by putting the Avalanche in a world of pain, breaking him down in size. With one last chop with his arm, he decapitated the boss and killed it.

She smiled, Jevi had to admit that Grave's outburst on the Avalanche was pretty attra- er.. awesome.. She pushed off the ground, trying to get her herself up to walk over to him, but that was when she saw the man falling backwards. Her eyes widened in fear, thinking something might have hurt him, ~"Grave!!" she managed to call out. She pushed herself up onto her feet, standing unevenly and almost falling. She stumbled over to him and fell back to her knees, placing a hand on his chest. Looking at his status bar under hers, he noticed that his energy had merely run out. She let out a sigh of relief and shifted her legs to rest his head on her thighs, waiting for him to wake back up and her own health to regenerate.

I had that dream again. No, not the one in the corridor, this time. The one out on the hill, with the glowing female standing beside me. My gaze was set upon the horizon, flocks of various avian creatures migrating and playing in the sky. I felt something tug at my hand, and turned to see a dainty, luminescent hand in mine. I could not speak, I could not do anything... until I looked up at the azure-haired female. For once, I could see her face, and it came into focus quickly. Same with the colour of her hair, but everything else stayed the same, blanketed in that sparkling sheen. Her hair faded to a deep purple, and her features finally fell into shape... was this girl I had been following all this time Jevi?

-----

I awoke with a gasp, my head in some kind of cushion and my eyes facing up to the dancing snowflakes above... and to Jevi's golden eyes. After panting for a moment, I took a deep breath in and smiled. "I... overdid it, hey?" I asked, simpering awkwardly. It did not take long for me to realise my head was actually in her lap, but I did not mind in the slightest. I simply continued to look into those piercing, cat-like eyes as the snow lay to rest around us.

She listened to the man in her lap stir in his sleep, and then jolted awake with a gasp. Seemed like he was having quite some dream or nightmare.. She let out a sigh of relief, knowing he was okay. ~"Yeah pretty much." she said with a laugh. She looked down at him as she laughed, and he looked back into her eyes. She raised an eyebrow and looked away, ~"Why are you looking at me like that?" she scoffed. Jevi looked back down at him, grabbing a handful of snow without him noticing. She then brought it up over his face and dropped it, covering his face with the white fluffy snow. ~"Thats for saying an even worse pun.. and that impression? Psh." she shook her head with a smirk. She began to stand up, helping Grave to his feet as well. Walking over to where her sword was shoved into the snow, she pulled it up and placed it back in the band on her waist. ~"Come on. Lets head back." 

Jevi asked why I was staring into her eyes 'like that'. "I honestly do not know... I guess I am just happy you are alive." I muttered, unable to recall the dream... even if I did she would likely think me creepy if I told her I dreamt about her. I coughed and spluttered as a cascade of snow befell my face. "H-hey!" I exclaimed, shaking my head to clear the snow off of my face. I allowed the girl to pull me up, and I dusted off the snow that was clinging to my attire, sending it back into the angel shape at my feet. My feet brought me to Jevi as she retrieved her weapon and I walked steadily alongside her as we strolled back to town... and I lightly bumped my hand against hers.

Jevi felt Grave's hand bump into hers, causing her finger to twitch slightly. She then brought her hand up across her body and rubbed her bare arm that felt some of the cold, but thanks to her <Survival> skill, it was almost bearable. ~"Thanks again.. for protecting me when I was out.." the girl looked down at her boots as they dug into the white snow, ~"You really should not have put your life on the line like that.. especially since you don't have heavy armor like me... But then again.. if you hadn't been there.. that thing would have most likely killed me. So I owe you one." She turned her head slightly, mostly looking at him out of the corner of her eye, flashing a light smile. She let her hand fall back down at her side. 

I was slightly disappointed when her hand retreated, but I understood that she may not have been all that 'touchy-feely' at the moment, especially after such a shaking ordeal. "Jevi..." I began, but was cut off as she began to elaborate. She said she owed me one... I stood and gently grabbed her shoulder, turning her to face me. "Jevi... you do not owe me anything. I protected you because you are my friend..." I choked up at that word... did I really consider her a friend now? "No... you are more than a friend to me, Jevi. And if you died... I have no idea what I would do with myself." I extended my arms and embraced the girl. "There is only one thing I ask of you; that you talk to me if you are troubled, and you let me help if I feel you are in danger. I want to protect you, I want you to be safe." I muttered, sighing in each pause. I was not prepared to say much more until she responded.

The girl felt a gentle hand on her shoulder, which was then used to turn her body to face Grave. She looked at him before he spoke, wondering what it was he wanted to say, her head cocked slightly to the side. According to Grave, she did not owe him anything for protecting her while she was partially unconscious, that it was all done because he was her friend. Her lip quivered and a small smirk hooked from the side of her mouth, ~"W-Well I ju-" He then cut back in, saying that his feelings were different; that he saw as her more than just a friend. The smirk had disappeared and her eyes widened a bit at his words, not exactly sure what he meant, or how to respond at least. Reaching out his arms, he pulled her into an embrace that warmed her body, not only from his body heat, but from the slight blush on her face as well. Slowly, she brought her arms up and placed her hands on his back, returning the hug. ~"Y-Yeah. Of course." she said softly in return. 

I held the embrace for a moment, sharing our warmth with eachother, before I finally split us apart. I raised a hand to a lock of hair dangling over her eye and pushed it behind her ear. "We should get going. I am done with freezing my ass off out here." I smirked, giving her a pat on the back and striding off. I wondered what would happen next... between Jevi and I, I mean. I mean... I realised how much I really cared for her, and Shaya acted as a veil that blurred that line... but now I knew what I wanted. "Right, I should have enough Col for two rooms..." I mumbled as Jevi caught up, unaware I had spoken aloud.

(Sorry it's short... didn't have too much to work with and I kinda wanna prolong the moment ^^)

Grave let up on their embrace, moving some of the hair out of her face. She scoffed and looked off to the side, a pink blush still on her cheeks, ~"Geez.. stop making me be all nice and stuff." She looked back up to him and smirked. ~"Yes, please. The survival skill can only do so much to keep the cold from bothering me" she said as she brought her arms hands up, rubbing the skin on her arms that were exposed. After a pat on the back, the two began their march through the snow back towards Snowfrost town. She heard Grave speak to himself, mentioning that he may have had enough money to pay for two rooms at a lodge. ~"I do have my own shop now you know.. So I can pay for my own room." she said appreciatively, 

After walking through the snow for awhile, the white layered rooftops of the village of Snowfrost came into view, bringing a sense of warmth to Jevi. By now, it was getting later, so the sun had gone down, and it was much much colder. The girl wanted to just get inside of the inn and warm up, so she brought Grave to the first one she could find. ~"T-This looks like a good place." she said with a slight shiver. Upon walking inside, heat hit Jevi like a tidal wave. There was a large fireplace that was burning away, bringing a comforting warmth to the entire floor of the inn. Most of the lobby was full of players, sitting by the fire and others filling most of the tables around, drinking and eating. Jevi dusted the snow off of her armor and out of her hair, immediately walking over to the fire and placing her hands in front of it. After a moment of warming up, she walked over to the inn keeper behind a desk. ~"Do you have two rooms available? One for me and one for him." she pointed back towards Grave. The older man with the white mustache behind the counter gave the girl a slight frown, "I'm sorry ma'am.. We are almost completely booked. I only have one room available for the night.. but it comfortably rooms two." ~"W-What really?" she questioned him and then sighed, looking over her shouder for a moment at Grave. ~"Alright, we will take it." 

Opening up her inventory, she paid the man the correct amount of col and walked up the stairs on the side of the room, leading to the upper floor where the rooms were located. Jevi led Grave all the way down to the end of the hall, where the door was unlocked to their room. Pushing the door open, Jevi took a quick a quick look around the room. ~"...O-Oh.." her cheeks lit up with a red color.  It sure did room two comfortably... maybe a little bit too comfortably. Where Jevi thought it might have been a slightly bigger room with two beds, it was, in reality, the same sized room with a bed big enough for two. She sighed before walking into the room, ~"Well, we already paid for the room.. unless.. you're not okay with it.. Then we can look for a different inn.. I-I mean I don't really mind personally.." 

I sighed when Jevi protested that she had her own shop and could pay for her own room. "Look, if the guy you are going to an inn with offers to pay for your room, you let him." I explained, running a hand through the rows of blades that made up my hair. As much as I wanted to be kind and all to Jevi... she still really had no experience with taking offers from guys.

Snowfrost was always a more appreciative sight in the confines of the night; glowing lights like little peeping eyes in the snow-riddled structures, the chilly slush almost luminescent at our feet and candles flickering and dancing across our faces like little blazing imps. "As much as I loathe the cold environment here... I have to admit Snowfrost is a beautiful place." I commented, argent eyes reflecting the young night sky above like pools of mercury. I followed Jevi into her selected location and let a grin split my lips as her first plan of action was to make use of the roaring flame that occupied the other end of the rather diminutive room. Before I could even make a move with purchasing the rooms, Jevi beat me to it, and so expelled my breath in a long, drawn-out sigh. I did not pay attention to the attendant's response, but by the way Jevi freaked out, news was not good.

When Jevi left to inspect the room I was hot on her heels, eager to jump into bed... but as soon as I laid eyes on the single room I flushed crimson and turned to face away, placing a hand to the bridge of my nose. "Oh, jeez..." I moaned, more concerned about Jevi's comfort than mine... but as she walked in she seemed to be okay with it. I looked at her in disbelief, running the message through my head a few times to make sure I had heard right... and no doubt I did; she did not mind staying in a bed together... I could have used another word, but that could have easily come out wrong. "W-well, as long as you are fine with me sleeping shirtless... I feel more comfortable like that... then sure, I-I am okay with it." I agreed, striding up to Jevi's side.

Jevi let out a light sigh when Grave mentioned that he was fine with their sleeping arrangements, but it was more comfortable for him to sleep without a shirt on. ~"If it makes you comfortable then its alright I guess." She quickly shrugged her shoulders, just dropping the thought. Without looking back at the man, she walked over to the small side table that sat next to one side of the bed. Bringing her hand up, she opened her menu, her still facing to Grave. With a couple of swiped moving into her inventory, the girl's armor lit up for a moment in a white light as she unequipped it. First her gauntlet and glove disappeared to leave her arms bare, shoulder and chest armor replaced with her sleeveless, black shirt that cut off at her belly button, her pants replaced with black tights that stopped mid calf, and her heavily armored boots disappeared to leave her feet bare. The girl stretched her arms into the air, feeling much more relaxed now that she was free of her armor. As she brought her hands back down, she stopped at the back of her head, where she undid the beige wrap she used to keep her hair up in a ponytail, letting her long purple hair fall down her back. She ran her fingers through her long locks a couple of times to straighten out any stray strands, turning around to look at Grave.

Edited by Jevi

I stretched my arms above my head, popping my shoulders quietly. "Alright, thank you." I said, before opening my menu... but I halted as I watched Jevi change in front of me. The amount of skin she showed was more than I had seen in person (second to Opal, but she wears that kind of attire all the time, so she does not count). And when she had her hair down... she looked stunning. "U-uhm... e-excuse me for likely being a bit of a perv, but... y-you look very nice in those clothes." I complimented her, turning my head to the side and scratching my nape bashfully. I opted to gliding through my inventory, detaching my coat, shirt, handwraps, shoes and trousers, leaving me simply in a pair of shorts. "W-well... shall we get into bed?" I asked, before facepalming and blushing. "I-I am so terribly sorry, that sounded worse than it should have!" I turned away in shame, leaving Jevi to do as she wished.

Jevi looked away, a small scowl on her face but cheeks also blushing when Grave mentioned she looked nice in what she was wearing. ~"Y-You could've done without the pervy part." She loosely crossed her arms under her bosom and sighed, closing her eyes. ~"They're just part of my starter clothes anyway.. I never had the time to go out and buy clothes to sleep in. So they work for now." She opened her eyes again and looked back over towards Grave, who had removed most of his clothes aside from a pair of shorts. I think that's a little more than just shirtless... The girl thought to herself as she looked away again and walked around to the opposite side of the bed. She gently sat down on the mattress, it was not the most comfortable of beds, but it would do for now. Grave then asked Jevi if the two should get into bed, immediately apologizing for how it sounded. She looked over her shoulder with another annoyed looking face, but cheeks red, ~"D-Dammit Grave.." She then pulled the blanket out from under her and threw her legs up onto the bed. Pulling the blanket back up, she covered her body and laid on her side, her back facing towards Grave, and her purple hair poured out on the bed under her.

"W-well, I just wanted to explain that I did not mean it that way..." I stuttered, still extremely flustered by Jevi's look. She explained that the sleepwear was simply part of her started clothes, and I shook my head when she mentioned buying new ones. "N-no, Jevi, I think you look lovely in your starter ones. I do not think you need to go wasting money on something that would not look as good as what you have on." I countered, my tone sincere. I heard her curse from the bed at my stupidly worded comment. "I-I am sorry!" I apologized again, clutching myself tightly for a little longer, before I pulled myself together and headed for the bed myself. I, too, seated myself and swung my legs into the bed, pulling the sheets up around me likewise. My back faced to Jevi, and hers to me... but I felt a desire to look at her. It felt... wrong, sleeping in the same bed but completely ignoring each other, even though we were simply friends. But I knew Jevi, and she liked her privacy; I opted to keep it that way.

As soon as Grave got into the bed, Jevi felt a sudden warmth come to her body, partially from his own body heat, but also from a warmth that came inside of her. She did not know how to describe it, but it made her much more comfortable in this bed than she had thought. A soft smile crept onto the girl's face as she snuggled herself under the blanket.

After about an hour or so of being in and out of deep sleep, Jevi rolled her body over so she was facing towards Grave, slightly closer than she was originally laying. Her eyes slowly opened when she felt the presence of another body in the bed with her, almost forgetting that Grave was in the bed with her. The girl smiled, feeling warm and safe with her friend in the bed with him. From what she could tell, this would probably be one of the first times she'd sleep comfortably in a long time. After a few hesitant moments of considering, she wiggled her body closer to his, so her chest and stomach were very gently pressing into his back. She then brought her upper arm over his body and laying it across his chest, embracing him. She did not want to admit to him that she was enjoying this moment and let it get to his head. She smirked, Maybe I'll just tell him I turned in my sleep without realizing it. And the girl quickly fell back into a deep sleep, a smile on her face.

I found it terribly difficult to sleep. Multiple times I began nodding off, but always sprung back to the land of the living at the last second. I sighed in defeat and simply opted to stay awake... and doing so yielded a surprising result. I felt a body gently press against my back; only one person was in the bed with me, and that was Jevi. I shivered a little, but relaxed, until I felt her arm cross my bare chest. My body froze, still as a statue, but eventually a grin came to my lips, and I gently placed a hand over hers. "Jevi?" I asked, but was met with silence; she had been grasped by sleep once more. Satisfied that she would not be coming back without much force, I turned over under the grasp of her arm and looked down at her sleeping face, her beautiful violet hair splayed out behind her. I gently stroked a hand across her head, before wrapping my arm around her, too, pull her slightly closer.

After her motion to hold Grave in an embrace in the middle of the night, Jevi slept soundly for another couple of hours..well over a couple in fact. Just as she thought, it was probably one of the best nights of sleep she ever had. As she slowly began to wake up, she felt very warm and nestled.. to her knowledge, she most likely ended up tossing over and accidentally tangling herself in the sheets, leaving Grave to freeze throughout the night. However, as she slowly opened her eyes, she was met with the man's bare chest basically pressed into her face. She blinked a couple of times to make sure her eyes were not playing tricks on her, before her face turned a bright red, realizing that Grave had turned over as well, pulling her into an embrace. Her first thought was to push the man away and off of the bed for doing so.. but she then figured he probably only found it okay to do so since she was the first to embrace him. Smiling, Jevi carefully slithered out from Grave's arms, pulling a pillow down to replace her. Once she was free, she sat cross-legged on the bed, stretching her arms out to the side. She then turned to look down at Grave, who was now cuddling a pillow in his sleep. Jevi could not help but smile at the sight of it, and she could not deny that it was adorable. She turned so she sat at the edge of the bed, her feet touching the cold wood floor. She then stood up slowly, trying not to wake Grave up, and walked over to the one window the room had. She placed her hands on the small table in front of the window, leaning forwards to get a better look of the outside.

It seemed after I began to clutch Jevi to me, I had a good night's sleep, certainly a reassuring thought in my eyes. How did I know this? I soon creaked my eyes open to a large pillow in my grasp and I sighed in defeat. She was not going to let us both be conscious when doing such a thing, was she? I let the silence linger a moment, before gently putting the pillow aside, raising my arms and stretching my shoulders upwards while glancing around the room. I froze where I was as I laid eyes upon the silent beauty leaning on the table by the window, the morning rays illuminating her features, violet hair, golden eyes and all. A soft grin crossing my lips, I dropped to the floorboards and slipped silently in her direction, until finally I was behind her. I playfully reached out and grasped her hips, doing my best to give her a shock. Afterwards I shifted around to the table and seated myself. "Morning, Sweetheart. Sleep well?" I asked, hoping she would notice the glint in my eye.