[PP-F3] A Close "Scayth" With a Friend (Ssendom)

"Back out into the Fighting Scene. Maybe I will actually stay active... Probably not." Clarence smiled and shook his head. Ever since he went on a trip with Zelrius, and then the one with Ace9, he felt in the mood to get back out there and do something. He decided that today, much like the past few, he would go adventure with someone else, but he couldn't think of anyone. Who haven't I seen in a while- Why not Ssendom? He is a great fighter, and I heard he became extremely strong since the last I saw. This could be fun Clarence shrugged and decided to send him a message.

Dear Ssendom,

He Dude. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a little adventure on the Third Floor? I know it is kind of weak for your liking but I need a way to get back into the fighting scene. You gotta start some where right? Message me back if you want to, hoping to hear from you soon.

Ssendom was laying down on some random rock somewhere wondering what he would do about his living arrangements, "Damn I need some col already... What if I did a massive Azure Mansion. I gotta get Ze-" He was about to continue but he was interrupted by a private message, he pressed on the blinking yellow symbol to see it was from his friend Clarence, "I haven't seen my favorite gay in quite a while." He said with a smile on his face, he then sat up and read the message

26 minutes ago, Clarence said:

Dear Ssendom,

He Dude. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a little adventure on the Third Floor? I know it is kind of weak for your liking but I need a way to get back into the fighting scene. You gotta start some where right? Message me back if you want to, hoping to hear from you soon.

He looked through the menu to figure out exactly where Clarence was with the Co-ordinates it was sent from, "Why bother letting him hear back from me when I can just go meet him instead." He then stood up and walked between the gravestones back to the town of Angel's Point. Once he arrived at the teleportation gate he sent himself to the third floor and headed directly to his good friend. Upon seeing him slightly in the distance he put up two fingers to the right side of his forehead and with one single stroke of the arm sent it away from his head as a form of greeting.

Clarence waited for a reply but none came. "Where in the world is that guy." Clarence wondered around and walked around for a bit. More waiting came and he finally saw Ssendom in the distance, giving some sort of salute hello. "Took you long enough." Clarence called out and smiled walking up to the guy who was a little taller than him. Clarence gave him a light hug and stepped back, lightly smiling. "How have you been? Haven't seen you around except I think I saw you at Zelrius's party. I don't know... I didn't stay very long to that. Anyways, how yah been?" Clarence blocked the sad thoughts and made himself perky again, even though that isn't what he really was feeling.

Ssendom looked at Clarence very awkwardly since he wasn't much of the hugger, or someone who oft showed public displays of affection, "My apologies, I would have been here sooner but takes time to walk. And I am not much of a hugger, but it is good to see you again Clarence." He patted his friend upon the shoulder and looked off to the side, "I saw you at the party, but I was dealing with some stuff internally. But no worries, I saw the whole debacle between you and Lowe." He sighed as he did worry for his friend, but he wasn't ready for someone to spill all their emotions on him, "If you need someone to talk to about it, you can open up to me. I won't force you to do so though." He cleared his throat to answer the second part of Clarence's answer, "I have been alright, I am now possibly recognized as one of the top ten strongest Front Liners in Aincrad."

• 3 months later...

Clarence backed up and shrugged, knowing that his hugging nature was mostly an one way street." You are fine, took me a bit to get here too. Oh... You saw me at the party. I did cause a scene didn't I?" Clarence laughed awkwardly, looking down at his shoes. "That was something I shouldn't have done, I shouldn't have gone there and well, that could have been done a lot better. But it happened and now he hates me... It is what it is. It was retarded why I even left in the first place." Clarence frowned and looked  at the bigger man. Wow, so much has changed since we have been here. I hope Lowenthal doesn't hate me forever. I still have feelings for that man. Clarence heard the announcement of Dom's new "Title" and he smiled for the man. "Really? I'm honestly not surprised. You grew quick when I first met you. I remember when I was a higher level, wow that went by fast." Clarence laughed and looked around, the land spreading out all around them. "Have you seen Lowenthal recently?"

Dom chuckled, "Yeah I think everyone saw you at the party. You AND Lowe caused quite the scene, but that's what happens when a squabble happens in public. Heck, everything could be worse, you could be dead at this very moment by him if he truly wanted it. But, Lowenthal cares about you enough to not take out his aggression in a physical aspect." He reassured Clarence who was having a far too difficult time getting over the entire scenario that took place at Zel's Birthday Party, Dom continued to listen as Clarence made mention of the strength increase that Dom had accomplished in the past few months, "I know what you mean, a lot of people were higher level than me. It's hard having the eyes of the Information Broker at your every moment of your life being claimed as one of the strongest players across all of Aincrad." He sighed slightly, "I haven't seen Lowe recently, he is keeping distance from a lot of people since Velvet Room was disbanded." He informed the boy.

Clarence blushed in embarrassment as Ssendom brought up the fact that everyone at the party saw the fight, being the center of attention can be the best but also the worst. At that point.... I wanted to be dead. I hate hurting people, but I was hurting in my own way... Clarence's thoughts went to a darker place, one he had to force-ably drag himself from. The info brokers got brought up and Clarence smiled slyly. "Well, seems the world of Aincrad has got their eyes on you. You are kind of a celebrity. I am slightly one if I do mean to brag. I dated Lowenthal, and Sakuri. I was apart of Azure Brigade, Absolute Pin, and Velvet Room. Friends with you, Zelrius, Daeron, Keith, Ruri, Calrex, and a couple others. But you are the talk of the town. I hear your name spoken ALOT, mostly by girls who want you." Clarence laughed a little at that comment. "Oh yeah, I forgot that Velvet Room went down.. I hope he is okay."

Dom patted Clare on the shoulder, seeing as how it was visibly noticeable how Clare felt about the situation since he was an overly emotional type of man, far opposite of Dom. Clarence began talking about the Dreadnoughts fame and his name being mentioned a lot, "I don't even understand why people talk about me, all I do is cleave the fields of monsters endlessly. I have over four hundred thousand col in my bags just catching dust." Clare had giggled about girls that are wanting Dom, and he sighed, "Relationships and Women are the last thing I want to be dealing with, let alone the information brokers putting that information all over their book." He stated as he withdrew said newest volume, he flipped halfway through, "Look there is a ten page article on me alone, there are only two-hundred pages, why is there ten on me alone?" He asked with a twinge of annoyance, it seemed obvious he didn't like being in the lime light.

"People like you Dom. Just how it is. I think I have one of those books from like two months ago. You were listed under "Up and Coming Popular Players". But I get it, you don't like people watching your every move. And girls, Same. I don't think I'm ready for a girlfriend yet." Clarence waited for a moment and laughed a little. "But honestly, I think its something you have to accept. You can't just say 'I'm not famous' and that's that, unfortunately. Unless you disappear for a couple months and go depressed then that is the only way. But I do think I found something on the party Zelrius had and that they wrote about our relationship thing that happened. Oh well I guess." Clarence shrugged and gave a sympathetic smile to the man. "I don't think I have the newest novel. Might get it." He said and peered at the copy. "But, other than your massive levels and Col gathering, and you fame. How have you  been?"

Dom sighed with an annoyed tone, "It'd be easier if people just stopped caring about my every move." He dropped the book in Clarence's Hand, "I don't need the book, all it does is irritate me more. So all I do now is show my superiority over the others with my ability to slaughter legions of enemies in a single swing and the fact that I am the richest person in the entirety of Aincrad." The Dreadnought began to walk in a random direction, knowing easily that Clarence would follow him for conversational purposes. Clarence tried to change up the topic of conversation, attempting to move it away from the book, "Aside from being watched for my every move, I made the purchase for the Azure Brigade Guild Hall. My damage numbers jumped up immensely, and am just annoyed overall with the people of this world." He mentioned in a slightly angry tone.

Clarence was busy rummaging through the book and almost missed catching up to Dom. Clarence jogged up to the larger man and heard him sound pretty angry about well, people in general. "Oh. Well, if you need someone to rant to, I'm your guy. I don't really think I can judge, or should judge anyone. I mean, I accused my boyfriend of cheating and I was once orange.. I don't think you actually knew that.. but surprise." Clarence sighed and looked at the man. He almost didn't even realize that Dom was actually orange. But Clarence didn't care, life is life after all. "I heard about the Guild Hall. I was gonna message you and say congrats, but that was still around my mopping time, so I decided against it. And I think your equipment says your strength. How many uniques do you have anyways?"

Dom listened to Clarence mention that Dom could practically confide in the boy as much as he darn well pleased, He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't often need to rant, I tend to take out my frustrations on the enemies that lie within my path instead. Which just garners more attention." Then Clarence said something surprising while Dom talked over him, "You were actually Orange? You? One of the nicest men I have known in all my time here in Aincrad? Who pissed you off?" He asked a slew of questions, and listened to Clarences last question, "Hmmm, I would have to say Unique Skill and all... I had eight, Sold one, gave another as a Christmas gift. And with the Friend Shared Inventory I have with Zelrius we will also have to include his, since we utilize each others items to the fullest. I would have to say Fourteen Uniques including Skills, sixteen including the two I no longer have in my possession." He answered.

Clarence had to stop for a moment, the number Dom said surprised the Hell out of him. "16!?! You had Six-Freaken-Teen Uniques! Dang dude, no wonder you are one of the strongest players in Aincrad! And yes..... I was Orange for a while." Clarence said and sighed with a small smile on his face, he found it funny when he said he was to other players and see how they react."It was around when this whole death game started. I was actually how I met Keith. Me and Zelrius were walking around, we became friends like the day before, and we spotted a newly formed Bandit Camp with someone tied up with their familiar. We ran over there, fought the bandits, and saved Keith.  I was marked orange because we attacked first. I do not think I killed anyone, but it was years ago so I can't remember that well.

Dom shrugged, "What it is only sixteen. I mean, Tristan has like.... four I think, and that's impressive I guess." He laughed as the entire conversation was beginning to become amusing to him. Clarence began to elaborate about everything that occurred when he became an orange player, it wasn't all that elaborate or extravagant unlike what happened when Dom became an orange player. When Clarence finished, Dom spoke up "I guess since you shared the history of your becoming Orange, I think it would be appropriate for me to share the same. That is if you actually want to know how I have become orange?" He asked waiting to see how Clarence would react.

"Oh wow, four. He got you beat by a landslide." Clarence laughed and hit his friend lightly, glad to be out and just talking and hanging with people again. Ssendom then started to talk about him turning orange and Clarence got serious. Going orange is a pretty serious thing no matter who goes orange, and he hoped that it wasn't that bad of a thing that happened to turn him orange. Should I hear it? I mean, it isn't my business to begin with. But he did offer, and I kind of want ot know now. Hey, I'll just see if it actually wants to tell, I mean, it is his own life that he would be telling me about."I mean, it is your life. If you don't want to share its up to you. I am a little curious now, because I didn't notice you were orange until like5 minutes ago when I said I used to be orange. But if yo want to tell, I am all ears."

Dom looked up at the sky, "Well, I was laying down in my bed in the Azure Brigade Guild Hall when I got a random message. You already know about the relationship between me and Meokka. She had been missing for awhile and not returning messages. I suddenly got a message from her that said help and nothing more really. I got geared up and went to the tenth floor because that was where the message came from." He explained as he sat down at the top of the hill they reached while walking, "It took awhile but, once I found the place I noticed three green players entering the secret door that she was sending pings from. I charged forth and annihilated them after conversing and learning they were abusing her, giving up my green crystal." He looked at Clarence, "She couldn't look at me the same though, she almost speared me with her weapon. It has been rough since, she doesn't really respond to my messages any longer. But this time I know she isn't captured." He finished explaining, "And that was how I became orange."

"Oh." Is all Clarence really knew of what to say to what Dom just confessed to him. He didn't know Meokka well. The only time he probably met the girl was when she was with Ssendom maybe on a date or something with friends or a guild activity. All he remember about her was how nice and sweet she was to people she knew. And how she wouldn't let anything get her down."I'm sorry to hear that. You probably don't want  Pity, but just know I think nothing less of you, I think more of you. You risked everything to save the girl. You are still happy she is out even though she basically hates you now. That is something only great people do. Just remember that." Clarence smiled and nudged his friend. "So, do go from depressing topics. What else would you like to do today, O' famous man?"

Dom laughed as Clarence tried to talk kindly and attempt to raise his spirits, "I am at peace with the situation with Meokka, I am happy she is atleast safe now and going about her life. Would I have enjoyed another chance at romance? Possibly. But I am not going to live in a fantasy world." He laughed at the double meaning behind that, "Besides the fact that we are actually living in a literal fantasy world. I am going to continue pursuing my strength, I just hope this Berserker Unique Skill doesn't drive me to insanity before hand." He finished saying to Clarence. Then the boy asked what Dom would like to do today, "Eh, I could go Dungeon Delving. I need to accumulate a lot of Materials after that trade with Ariel."

He nodded, not wanting to keep bringing up the topic of being Orange. "A dungeon? I haven't been in a dungeon since... I have no idea honestly." Clarence laughed a little. Ssendom brought up Ariel and Clarence looked up. "Ariel? Oh I haven't heard from her in forever. I heard that her shop was booming with a lot of people finding her to be one of the best tailors in this game." Clarence said and looked around the expanding area they were in, no knowing where to look for an actual dungeon."So um, where are these dungeons usually at? I haven't been in one for so long I don't know where to exactly look for one. Any suggestions?" Clarence asked Dom, wanting to go adventuring again, and today will be the day.

Dom chuckled, "Not exactly dungeons. They're known as Sub-Dungeons and they aren't the easiest to find. I don't tend to just outright look for one, I tend to do some Material hunting looking around the ground and happen to chance on one a lot. I was the first ever person to find a sub-dungeon." He informed the uninformed Clarence, he looked forward to the horizon, "And Ariel, her shop is about to have a huge boom. I have to provide her with sixty materials a week until she is a Grandmaster Tailorer, for a trade we made so I could acquire this unique item." He spoke as he brought a shining icicle that was attached to a pendant from his neck, "This is an insanely powerful little trinket when used correctly."